Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,643

Re: PG Pelicans: Prunty era ends with a victory 

Post#61 » by Profound23 » Sun Jan 28, 2024 2:32 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:
Read on Twitter

This would be shocking, I think Doc plays rookies/sophomores the least.
German Athens
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,069

Post#62 » by German Athens » Sun Jan 28, 2024 2:35 pm

I still think the Giannis-Dame-Khris trio is a perfect offensive fit, and I think worrying about them on that side of the ball is sorta just looking to change something for the sake of changing things.

The whole point of having a trio like that is that if the defense over commits to stopping one side, then the other side will either be open for a 3, have a chance to attack a close out, or you can quickly switch sides and run the Giannis-Khris two man game. We don’t want one perimeter creator - we’ve seen defenses, for years, load up on the strong side to take that stuff away, and then our shooters lose their shot on the weak side, and don’t have the ability to self create beyond that.

I think if you’re concerned about perimeter D, that’s fine, but the offensive fit/talent ain’t the problem. Khris is walking into easier looks than he’s ever had, and he’s producing. His passing also continues to improve year over year. He’s a great 3rd option.
Daver
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,037

Post#63 » by Daver » Sun Jan 28, 2024 2:48 pm

MiltownHawkeye wrote:
ShootingtheJ wrote:
drone3 wrote:Griff had Marjon in the dog house... He's finally free and ready to rumble

Marjon is clearly a worker. He's constantly growing his game.

I've been out on Marjon for awhile but at the same time realize it's unfair to fully judge his performance based on how he played under Griffin. It seems like the open 3-point shooting is there with him at least, would be huge if he can find his niche on defense and become a rotation player.

Have a feeling marjon will find his niche but it wont be with us especially if the hawks like portis n marjon to be part of the murray package
ShootingtheJ
General Manager
And1: 4,781

Post#64 » by ShootingtheJ » Sun Jan 28, 2024 3:40 pm

Daver wrote:
MiltownHawkeye wrote:
ShootingtheJ wrote:
Marjon is clearly a worker. He's constantly growing his game.

I've been out on Marjon for awhile but at the same time realize it's unfair to fully judge his performance based on how he played under Griffin. It seems like the open 3-point shooting is there with him at least, would be huge if he can find his niche on defense and become a rotation player.

Have a feeling marjon will find his niche but it wont be with us especially if the hawks like portis n marjon to be part of the murray package

Agree. Sending him out to get Murray will be bittersweet, but necessary. I just hope we don't send him for some scrub like Royce O'Neale.
Mtsportsfan
Rookie
And1: 370

Post#65 » by Mtsportsfan » Sun Jan 28, 2024 3:44 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:Lose to Cavs, 20 page game thread. Next night crush the Pelicans, 6 page game thread.

Its easier to bitch and complain than to praise! Its what people do and everybody knows it! Nothing new. not going to lie I know I post more in defeat .
Siefer
RealGM
And1: 6,092

Post#66 » by Siefer » Sun Jan 28, 2024 3:46 pm

Read on Twitter

Small sample, but this tracks with the eye-test. This is some of the low-hanging fruit everyone has been pointing at all season. Guys are hustling, guards aren't crashing the offensive glass, and Giannis is closer to the rim. They're still doing dumb stuff (Bobby gambling for steals is the worst), but just making a little ground up in transition and at the rim probably drags the D up to average.

Now let's stop picking up guys at 40 feet, get Beas off ball, get Bobby off the perimeter, break up the Pat/Bobby/Cam unit, and find another defensive wing. I bet we can be a top 10 unit in the second half.
Daver
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,037

Post#67 » by Daver » Sun Jan 28, 2024 4:05 pm

ShootingtheJ wrote:
Daver wrote:
MiltownHawkeye wrote:I've been out on Marjon for awhile but at the same time realize it's unfair to fully judge his performance based on how he played under Griffin. It seems like the open 3-point shooting is there with him at least, would be huge if he can find his niche on defense and become a rotation player.

Agree. Sending him out to get Murray will be bittersweet, but necessary. I just hope we don't send him for some scrub like Royce O'Neale.

I would never call royce a sqrub hes a pretty good player n would help us but i kniw what you mean
fan230
Analyst
And1: 1,317

Post#68 » by fan230 » Sun Jan 28, 2024 4:16 pm

I am not at all in favor of trading away Khris or Brook; that would completely ruin the chemistry and ability of the team. The team is already playing better since ag is no longer here.

Portis Pat Mjb or ajj should be considered if we get a player like Murray. We should be very careful not to ruin the team by trading Khris or Brook.
ShootingtheJ
General Manager

Post#69 » by ShootingtheJ » Sun Jan 28, 2024 4:25 pm

Daver wrote:
ShootingtheJ wrote:
Daver wrote:

I would never call royce a sqrub hes a pretty good player n would help us but i know what you mean

He's shooting 37% from the floor, and hasn't been a defender for years. He's living off his past reputation.
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,979

Post#70 » by Badgerlander » Sun Jan 28, 2024 5:26 pm

Profound23 wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:
Read on Twitter

This would be shocking, I think Doc plays rookies/sophomores the least.

It would be shocking so he probably meant that one of them will help us get PJ back :lol: :cry:
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
tedbrogen
Analyst
And1: 2,827

Post#71 » by tedbrogen » Sun Jan 28, 2024 5:29 pm

I definitely noticed people racing back on D even when the shot is still in the air on offense. Beas specifically took off as fast as he could run from the corner to get back last night as soon as the shot went up on offense.

Also outside of Portis blitzing PnR, they’ve backed off most of the other over aggressiveness on D and as a result are staying in front a lot more and with Giannis and Brook near the rim, it seems to have helped with the paint issues. If teams can hit midranges over top of them, so be it.
woosah
RealGM
And1: 5,275

Post#72 » by woosah » Sun Jan 28, 2024 7:29 pm

nagawicka wrote:
Milbucks96 wrote:
nagawicka wrote:No.

How? Usage rate for these guys are.
GA:33%
DL:28%
KM:24%
Idk what else the pecking order could be.

Where the usage numbers stand right now means exactly zero when the principals on the floor, as pointed out on an ongoing basis by your fellow realGM posters here, refuse to adhere to the pecking order; nor, say, would usage mean anything when a first-time head coach is unsuccessful in installing said pecking order as demanded again and again by this very board.

Yeah it doesn't seem to be that way to me, mostly because of when K has the ball. Haven't seen them all but the ones I've seen they seem to go away from Dame in the 4th. I'm an outsider but this seems to communicate when the game is on the line they go with KM over DL and he's higher in the pecking order. Yes I know doing that could have been for other reasons specific to the moment like how Dame was shooting or trusting Giannis' already established chemistry with KM to yield a certain result. I think it is going to end up that way though, just based on some of Doc's comments on that podcast.
Woj is the new Bucher. Shams is the new Woj. Espn is the new TMZ. The NBA is the new WWE.
Boo.
pifhluk23
Sixth Man
And1: 908

Post#73 » by pifhluk23 » Sun Jan 28, 2024 7:43 pm

I'd like to see Khris above 40% from 3. He shot 41.5% in 19/20 and 20/21 on more attempts, it should be even easier to hit 3s with the current team.
BuckFan25226
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,020

Post#74 » by BuckFan25226 » Sun Jan 28, 2024 8:03 pm

In 46 games this year, we have held teams under 118 points a total of 18 times, 3 of those were in our last 3 games. Our defense still has some issues but at least I don't need to gouge my eyes out watching this team.

Curious to see what Doc and Joeger implement.
"didnt you watch the game with the raptors?bucks is also a playoff team ,they have enough ability to find wins from dalas and utach,
blow jazzs bitches and mavericks bitches out !"

- yiyiyi
nagawicka
Pro Prospect
And1: 235

Post#75 » by nagawicka » Sun Jan 28, 2024 9:05 pm

woosah wrote:
nagawicka wrote:
Milbucks96 wrote:How? Usage rate for these guys are.
GA:33%
DL:28%
KM:24%
Idk what else the pecking order could be.

Where the usage numbers stand right now means exactly zero when the principals on the floor, as pointed out on an ongoing basis by your fellow realGM posters here, refuse to adhere to the pecking order; nor, say, would usage mean anything when a first-time head coach is unsuccessful in installing said pecking order as demanded again and again by this very board.

Yeah it doesn't seem to be that way to me, mostly because of when K has the ball. Haven't seen them all but the ones I've seen they seem to go away from Dame in the 4th. I'm an outsider but this seems to communicate when the game is on the line they go with KM over DL and he's higher in the pecking order. Yes I know doing that could have been for other reasons specific to the moment like how Dame was shooting or trusting Giannis' already established chemistry with KM to yield a certain result. I think it is going to end up that way though, just based on some of Doc's comments on that podcast.

Khris $Khash$ Midds routinely rained ice-cold buckets, just deadass daggers in big games, so no doubt they're trying to get his groooove back. Should sort itself out, until it does tho Bucks haveta sync up and lock in Dame running the offense and first option (in specific situations. Otherwise what're they doing). Agreed in that they're not operating consistent with the consensus pecking order w respect to who runs the offense, who's the first option when, or whether the second or third options run an offense at all. You'd think it'd sort itself out
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,930

Post#76 » by emunney » Sun Jan 28, 2024 9:26 pm

BuckFan25226 wrote:In 46 games this year, we have held teams under 118 points a total of 18 times, 3 of those were in our last 3 games. Our defense still has some issues but at least I don't need to gouge my eyes out watching this team.

Curious to see what Doc and Joeger implement.

Basically, the way the defense looks now would have been acceptable at the beginning of the year. They are "still figuring things out" but it doesn't look busted 4 out of 5 times.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
SupremeHustle
RealGM
And1: 28,674

Post#77 » by SupremeHustle » Sun Jan 28, 2024 9:31 pm

Referencing the thread title, it's only the end of the Prunty era until the inevitable next one.
jschligs wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't know who the **** SupremeHustle is?
tedbrogen
Analyst
And1: 2,827

Post#78 » by tedbrogen » Sun Jan 28, 2024 9:38 pm

If Griff had just implemented the defense Prunty has been running the last three games from the start of the season, he’d still have a job probably.

(I assuming he lost the locker room because they got fed up with the idiotic defensive scheme)
ShootingtheJ
General Manager

Post#79 » by ShootingtheJ » Sun Jan 28, 2024 9:47 pm

pifhluk23 wrote:I'd like to see Khris above 40% from 3. He shot 41.5% in 19/20 and 20/21 on more attempts, it should be even easier to hit 3s with the current team.

Agree, and the longer he's healthy, the more he practices, the better he shoots.
ShootingtheJ
General Manager

Post#80 » by ShootingtheJ » Sun Jan 28, 2024 9:49 pm

tedbrogen wrote:If Griff had just implemented the defense Prunty has been running the last three games from the start of the season, he’d still have a job probably.

(I assuming he lost the locker room because they got fed up with the idiotic defensive scheme)

A huge part of our recent success is simply being organized attacking the offensive glass. Instead of a free for all, we're now having some players responsible for getting back, which is eliminating points in the paint, without really costing us on the offensive glass.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks