Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,141

Re: PG Pelicans: Prunty era ends with a victory 

Post#81 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Sun Jan 28, 2024 9:54 pm

Siefer wrote:
Read on Twitter

Small sample, but this tracks with the eye-test. This is some of the low-hanging fruit everyone has been pointing at all season. Guys are hustling, guards aren't crashing the offensive glass, and Giannis is closer to the rim. They're still doing dumb stuff (Bobby gambling for steals is the worst), but just making a little ground up in transition and at the rim probably drags the D up to average.

Now let's stop picking up guys at 40 feet, get Beas off ball, get Bobby off the perimeter, break up the Pat/Bobby/Cam unit, and find another defensive wing. I bet we can be a top 10 unit in the second half.

No doubt we will be better than AGs defense...but I don't really trust a small sample comparing when guys are trying to show up a former coach to other meaningless regular season games. Is that hustling actually sustainable?
tedbrogen
Analyst
And1: 2,827

Re: PG Pelicans: Prunty era ends with a victory 

Post#82 » by tedbrogen » Mon Jan 29, 2024 2:31 am

MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:
Siefer wrote:
Read on Twitter

Small sample, but this tracks with the eye-test. This is some of the low-hanging fruit everyone has been pointing at all season. Guys are hustling, guards aren't crashing the offensive glass, and Giannis is closer to the rim. They're still doing dumb stuff (Bobby gambling for steals is the worst), but just making a little ground up in transition and at the rim probably drags the D up to average.

Now let's stop picking up guys at 40 feet, get Beas off ball, get Bobby off the perimeter, break up the Pat/Bobby/Cam unit, and find another defensive wing. I bet we can be a top 10 unit in the second half.

No doubt we will be better than AGs defense...but I don't really trust a small sample comparing when guys are trying to show up a former coach to other meaningless regular season games. Is that hustling actually sustainable?

Maybe not sustainable for every regular season game but sustainable for postseason games seems plausible.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks