ImageImage

PG Portland: Loss

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

GoldenAntlers
General Manager
And1: 4,519

Re: PG Portland: Loss 

Post#221 » by GoldenAntlers » Thu Feb 1, 2024 6:23 pm

TroyD92 wrote:Horst is a clown btw. I know you all like defending this guy, but his gross miss-use of assets on the margins is what’s really killing this team. He made a couple of big trades (Jrue, Dame) then he gets rid of all his future 2nd rounds picks for Jae Crowder. Doesn’t cash in on career years from role players like Bobby and Pat. Terrible drafting, clown show of a coaching search. This guy stinks
If this season is a bust it will be his last. I expect an unexpected upgrade, because he doesn't have time to play.
"Silence is a source of great strength." - Lao Tzu
GoldenAntlers
General Manager
And1: 4,519

Post#222 » by GoldenAntlers » Thu Feb 1, 2024 6:25 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:
JayMKE wrote:"Right to move on" only works as justification if you move on to better things, we got the fool's gold by getting Dame for less than we expected but he has not been a good fit & this team looks further from contention than it did last year or the year before that. Portlant was "right to move on" from Dame, now we're holding the bag

I don't have any loyalty to the guy because he played in Portland for 10 years, idgaf who cares

soft no D scoring PGs aren't winning players, especially when they need to pound the ball to be effective

The Dame/Giannis challenge and why it's taking so long is because we hired a moronic coach to start. And then the guy brought in to work with those guys, Stotts, bailed because of the moronic coach. Now we have an actual NBA coach who has to figure things out on the fly. After watching Jrue become crap in the playoffs I'd do the Dame trade 100% of the time.
This.

It's too early for the Dame experiment to be considered a failure.
"Silence is a source of great strength." - Lao Tzu
msiris
RealGM
And1: 1,745

Post#223 » by msiris » Thu Feb 1, 2024 6:27 pm

GoldenAntlers wrote:
TroyD92 wrote:Horst is a clown btw. I know you all like defending this guy, but his gross miss-use of assets on the margins is what’s really killing this team. He made a couple of big trades (Jrue, Dame) then he gets rid of all his future 2nd rounds picks for Jae Crowder. Doesn’t cash in on career years from role players like Bobby and Pat. Terrible drafting, clown show of a coaching search. This guy stinks
If this season is a bust it will be his last. I expect an unexpected upgrade, because he doesn't have time to play.
If they don't show well in the post season giannis should be the only player not tradeable.
Ride the tank
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,231

Post#224 » by DingleJerry » Thu Feb 1, 2024 6:30 pm

msiris wrote:
DingleJerry wrote:
msiris wrote:I think it funny when other players score on volume they are labled chuckers. When Dame scores 25 on 23 shots what else is it?

chuckers are black holes with the ball and term is usually reserved for guards/wings and like you said get on volume with low efficiency. Dame is not a black hole and in his career has had great efficiency. But yes, games are going to happen when you shoot poorly leading to inefficient games, doesn't mean they're a chucker. Can't overreact to them, variance happens with long range shooting.
Ok. What do you call it when it a bad shot? Some of his threes are ugly. In fact the last two games have beenclose and down the stretch we have put up some really bad shots and made some stupid TOs. This is why Iam not that high on them. One thing that has not changed over the years is low bbiq.

Have you not watched him play before this year or something?
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
Brewhoopfan
Sixth Man
And1: 1,942

Post#225 » by Brewhoopfan » Thu Feb 1, 2024 6:40 pm

Giannis at the 5. Middleton at the 4. Fill the wings with some length and defense. They might even be on the roster. :o

This is the way.
SirChurros
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,821

Post#226 » by SirChurros » Thu Feb 1, 2024 6:44 pm

Brewhoopfan wrote:Giannis at the 5. Middleton at the 4. Fill the wings with some length and defense. They might even be on the roster. :o

This is the way.

If he’s refusing to set screens, you think he’s gonna want to play the 5?
msiris
RealGM

Post#227 » by msiris » Thu Feb 1, 2024 7:03 pm

DingleJerry wrote:
msiris wrote:
DingleJerry wrote:
chuckers are black holes with the ball and term is usually reserved for guards/wings and like you said get on volume with low efficiency. Dame is not a black hole and in his career has had great efficiency. But yes, games are going to happen when you shoot poorly leading to inefficient games, doesn't mean they're a chucker. Can't overreact to them, variance happens with long range shooting.
Ok. What do you call it when it a bad shot? Some of his threes are ugly. In fact the last two games have beenclose and down the stretch we have put up some really bad shots and made some stupid TOs. This is why Iam not that high on them. One thing that has not changed over the years is low bbiq.

Well I just dont like it. Just not smart bb.
Ride the tank
John Murdoch
General Manager
And1: 7,266

Post#228 » by John Murdoch » Thu Feb 1, 2024 7:06 pm

BroncoBuck wrote:
Wooderson wrote:Doc uses both TOs to draw up 3 pointers down 1. Leaving the Bucks with no TOs in a foul and chase game to get the ball at halfcourt. Baffling game management.

The first one makes sense if Brook doesn’t yolo the shot. Brook had time to make another pass.

Yall want Ham back ? Could have taken ur chances with no Timeouts instead
Magic#1 wrote:We have won two playoff games in two years. If we decide to keep this team for the next two years, maybe it will feel like we won a series.
RogerMurdock
Analyst
And1: 6,614

Post#229 » by RogerMurdock » Thu Feb 1, 2024 7:10 pm

James1980 wrote:Such a dumb team, why is Giannis bringing ball up there? Obviously, they will foul him. Brook shooting that 3 instead of passing also.

Nah, it was fine. They're running out of time, he had been draining threes all game, and he got an open look. The nice thing about that closing lineup is that you have four guys who can shoot and one guy in Giannis who can muscle for a shot in the lane and draw four defenders.

Sure, we'd all love the poetry of a Dame Time moment, but he got smothered and passed it away. Brook didn't panic, got himself an open shot, and took it. If he stood there just looking to pass it back, it would've taken more time, then whoever got it (Dame, probably), would've probably had to work for a terrible shot.
msiris
RealGM

Post#230 » by msiris » Thu Feb 1, 2024 7:19 pm

RogerMurdock wrote:
James1980 wrote:Such a dumb team, why is Giannis bringing ball up there? Obviously, they will foul him. Brook shooting that 3 instead of passing also.

Nah, it was fine. They're running out of time, he had been draining threes all game, and he got an open look. The nice thing about that closing lineup is that you have four guys who can shoot and one guy in Giannis who can muscle for a shot in the lane and draw four defenders.

Sure, we'd all love the poetry of a Dame Time moment, but he got smothered and passed it away. Brook didn't panic, got himself an open shot, and took it. If he stood there just looking to pass it back, it would've taken more time, then whoever got it (Dame, probably), would've probably had to work for a terrible shot.
I would rather shot a 2 pointer by Dame or Giannis or maybe even got a foul call as well.
Ride the tank
DingleJerry
RealGM

Post#231 » by DingleJerry » Thu Feb 1, 2024 7:26 pm

msiris wrote:
DingleJerry wrote:
msiris wrote:Ok. What do you call it when it a bad shot? Some of his threes are ugly. In fact the last two games have beenclose and down the stretch we have put up some really bad shots and made some stupid TOs. This is why Iam not that high on them. One thing that has not changed over the years is low bbiq.

Well I just dont like it. Just not smart bb.

They're ugly when they don't go in, he has shot at such a clip his whole career these are not bad shots or dumb bb, thus why the efficiency numbers are usually high. And no one was saying they were dumb shots when he was making them all december. He has shot bad the last few weeks though, that's for sure. He shot open 3s last night and missed, really didn't force anything bad. Which is what a chucker would do, instead he made the right passes and got others shots. The early 4th Q TOs were just abysmal by him, well Giannis too, and that's what put them in the scrambling hole they were in. Two 10+ year vets can't do that
RogerMurdock
Analyst

Post#232 » by RogerMurdock » Thu Feb 1, 2024 7:47 pm

msiris wrote:
RogerMurdock wrote:

I would rather shot a 2 pointer by Dame or Giannis or maybe even got a foul call as well.

I mean, sure, I'd love an easy dunk and foul or something, but Brook got an open look. It was a good shot. With the seconds ticking down, I see no reason to try to find something "better" that might not ever come.
randy84
RealGM
And1: 6,423

Post#233 » by randy84 » Thu Feb 1, 2024 7:53 pm

RogerMurdock wrote:
msiris wrote:
RogerMurdock wrote:

I mean, sure, I'd love an easy dunk and foul or something, but Brook got an open look. It was a good shot. With the seconds ticking down, I see no reason to try to find something "better" that might not ever come.

If he was open, why did he pump fake? Which also took more time.
msiris
RealGM

Post#234 » by msiris » Thu Feb 1, 2024 8:03 pm

RogerMurdock wrote:
msiris wrote:
RogerMurdock wrote:

34% from 3 or a 60% from 2. you pick.
Ride the tank
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,290

Post#235 » by paulpressey25 » Thu Feb 1, 2024 8:07 pm

TroyD92 wrote:Horst is a clown btw. I know you all like defending this guy, but his gross miss-use of assets on the margins is what’s really killing this team. He made a couple of big trades (Jrue, Dame) then he gets rid of all his future 2nd rounds picks for Jae Crowder.

His deadline deals the past two years have been bad. Donte for Serge and 5 seconds and Hill for a washed up Jae.

That said, the 2021 deadline deal for PJ was very complicated, and won us a title.

He's got to work some magic here in the next week.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,952

Post#236 » by jschligs » Thu Feb 1, 2024 8:17 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:
TroyD92 wrote:Horst is a clown btw. I know you all like defending this guy, but his gross miss-use of assets on the margins is what’s really killing this team. He made a couple of big trades (Jrue, Dame) then he gets rid of all his future 2nd rounds picks for Jae Crowder.

His deadline deals the past two years have been bad. Donte for Serge and 5 seconds and Hill for a washed up Jae.

That said, the 2021 deadline deal for PJ was very complicated, and won us a title.

He's got to work some magic here in the next week.

I'd rather have a GM that takes risks and sometimes pan out in a big way, sometimes don't in a big way than a GM who sits on **** and nothing ever happens.
Milbucks96
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,520

Post#237 » by Milbucks96 » Thu Feb 1, 2024 8:25 pm

msiris wrote:
Milbucks96 wrote:
msiris wrote:You could have moved on from Mids instead.

Why, Khris is and has always been better than Jrue. Even on one leg he was better.
The last two years of stats don't back that up. Mostly because injuries.

The stats that matters most (playoffs) back it up. Jrue is literally a role player today while Khris has been playing like an all star since his minutes have started to climb. How is this a debate.
RogerMurdock
Analyst

Post#238 » by RogerMurdock » Thu Feb 1, 2024 8:27 pm

Guys, Horst is terrible. Only constructed the bulk of the roster that won the franchise's first title in 50 years and is consistently at the top of the league. I demand a GM who never makes a move that doesn't work out.
fansinceforever
Analyst
And1: 1,914

Post#239 » by fansinceforever » Thu Feb 1, 2024 8:31 pm

Jurys still out on Horst for me. Swung some amazing deals and has had quite a few head scratchers.

I mean, if you inherit Giannis and Middleton, the rest isn't THAT tough...
DingleJerry
RealGM

Post#240 » by DingleJerry » Thu Feb 1, 2024 8:38 pm

Biggest knock for me on horst would be drafting. I know it's not high picks but he's been GM a while and basically have yet to hit on anyone. That's a lot of swings at late 1st and 2nd rd picks to not hit on any. Contributors are gotten in these spots every year.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks