ImageImage

PG Portland: Loss

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

TroyD92
RealGM
And1: 10,843

Re: PG Portland: Loss 

Post#241 » by TroyD92 » Thu Feb 1, 2024 8:52 pm

RogerMurdock wrote:Guys, Horst is terrible. Only constructed the bulk of the roster that won the franchise's first title in 50 years and is consistently at the top of the league. I demand a GM who never makes a move that doesn't work out.

Typical response. You can praise him for making big trades and being active. You can also criticize him for squandering what little assets this team has. Dudes batting about .100 for impactful margins moves
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.

Fotis St wrote:Wherever you are David, I love you man.
ABucksFan
Sixth Man
And1: 1,429

Post#242 » by ABucksFan » Thu Feb 1, 2024 8:55 pm

I did not watch the game, how were Giannis' screens?
jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,952

Post#243 » by jschligs » Thu Feb 1, 2024 8:55 pm

TroyD92 wrote:
RogerMurdock wrote:Guys, Horst is terrible. Only constructed the bulk of the roster that won the franchise's first title in 50 years and is consistently at the top of the league. I demand a GM who never makes a move that doesn't work out.

Typical response. You can praise him for making big trades and being active. You can also criticize him for squandering what little assets this team has. Dudes batting about .100 for impactful margins moves

Did you see the trash contracts he inherited when he first got here? Henson, Delly, need I say more?
msiris
RealGM
And1: 1,746

Post#244 » by msiris » Thu Feb 1, 2024 8:56 pm

Milbucks96 wrote:
msiris wrote:
Milbucks96 wrote:Why, Khris is and has always been better than Jrue. Even on one leg he was better.
The last two years of stats don't back that up. Mostly because injuries.

The stats that matters most (playoffs) back it up. Jrue is literally a role player today while Khris has been playing like an all star since his minutes have started to climb. How is this a debate.
Khris last 5 games.+10, -12, +24, -6, -3. Player bias based on the past. Khris is still a nice player but his limited moblity hinders him greatly.
Ride the tank
TroyD92
RealGM
And1: 10,843

Post#245 » by TroyD92 » Thu Feb 1, 2024 8:58 pm

jschligs wrote:
TroyD92 wrote:

Did you see the trash contracts he inherited when he first got here? Henson, Delly, need I say more?

How about DDV for Serge, Jae for 6 2nd round picks, how about drafting zero impact players, how about letting PJ and his contract walk for nothing.
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.

Fotis St wrote:Wherever you are David, I love you man.
mediocrityrules
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,037

Post#246 » by mediocrityrules » Thu Feb 1, 2024 9:03 pm

blazza18 wrote:I still can’t believe we started the final quarter with six straight turnovers. Five of them were from the two superstars too. Totally inexcusable.

IT was the most infuriating 3 minutes or so i've watched for a while. Giannis had 3 turnovers in the first minute and a half of the last quarter. Honestly Doc should have dragged him off the court and slapped him. And Dame with two of the laziest looking passes that were turned over (one because Giannis wasn't even watching the play).

We lost the game in those few minutes I felt. We could have come out hard to start the fourth, and we completely lost it.
Circling calendars since 2021
jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,952

Post#247 » by jschligs » Thu Feb 1, 2024 9:04 pm

TroyD92 wrote:
jschligs wrote:
TroyD92 wrote:

How about DDV for Serge, Jae for 6 2nd round picks, how about drafting zero impact players, how about letting PJ and his contract walk for nothing.

I'm not excusing the lows. But you are conveniently forgetting/ignoring the good. GMs will always take risks, it's impossible to get every move right. But to see him put together a franchise that brought home a title (yes, he had Giannis which helps) is enough for me to be pretty damn happy with him
mediocrityrules
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,037

Post#248 » by mediocrityrules » Thu Feb 1, 2024 9:05 pm

This year's Jrue, Grayson, and DDV would all look great with Giannis right now. Probably still not championship material, but better than what we're watching right now.
Circling calendars since 2021
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 24,007

Post#249 » by Ron Swanson » Thu Feb 1, 2024 9:13 pm

I just will not accept that this is the loss that causes half the board to lose it's **** mind lol. Seriously, wtf? This was pretty much the definition of a shooting-variance loss against a bad team that we would occasionally have during the Bud era, and it's like nobody has learned anything.
Neuromancer56
Rookie
And1: 1,054

Post#250 » by Neuromancer56 » Thu Feb 1, 2024 9:14 pm

jschligs wrote:
TroyD92 wrote:
jschligs wrote:

I'm not excusing the lows. But you are conveniently forgetting/ignoring the good. GMs will always take risks, it's impossible to get every move right. But to see him put together a franchise that brought home a title (yes, he had Giannis which helps) is enough for me to be pretty damn happy with him

Horst has balls, I want a GM who is willing to make gutsy moves.
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,755

Post#251 » by chonestown » Thu Feb 1, 2024 9:21 pm

Portland crowd was key last night.
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”
-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

"Poor as a mouse every morning/Rich as a cat every night."
-DCB
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,232

Post#252 » by DingleJerry » Thu Feb 1, 2024 9:25 pm

chonestown wrote:Portland crowd was key last night.

Its crazy to say but the intensity on it felt playoff level, really weird for a reg season game vs a bad team. Just an odd situation due to the Dame/Por thing
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
soboMP3
Sixth Man
And1: 1,301

Post#253 » by soboMP3 » Thu Feb 1, 2024 9:53 pm

ABucksFan wrote:I did not watch the game, how were Giannis' screens?

Screens? Lol
msiris
RealGM

Post#254 » by msiris » Thu Feb 1, 2024 10:11 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:I just will not accept that this is the loss that causes half the board to lose it's **** mind lol. Seriously, wtf? This was pretty much the definition of a shooting-variance loss against a bad team that we would occasionally have during the Bud era, and it's like nobody has learned anything.

I mean your not wrong but the D and point diff was way better under Bud. Seems like almost every game has been a struggle this year even against bad teams. Has the rest of the league caught up to us because of our age?
Ride the tank
RogerMurdock
Analyst
And1: 6,619

Post#255 » by RogerMurdock » Thu Feb 1, 2024 10:15 pm

fansinceforever wrote:Swung some amazing deals and has had quite a few head scratchers.

So you're saying he is a professional sports GM.
msiris
RealGM

Post#256 » by msiris » Thu Feb 1, 2024 10:23 pm

mediocrityrules wrote:
blazza18 wrote:I still can’t believe we started the final quarter with six straight turnovers. Five of them were from the two superstars too. Totally inexcusable.

IT was the most infuriating 3 minutes or so i've watched for a while. Giannis had 3 turnovers in the first minute and a half of the last quarter. Honestly Doc should have dragged him off the court and slapped him. And Dame with two of the laziest looking passes that were turned over (one because Giannis wasn't even watching the play).

We lost the game in those few minutes I felt. We could have come out hard to start the fourth, and we completely lost it.
We have a low bbiq team which makes it harder to win close games.
Ride the tank
bucksfansince88
Analyst
And1: 1,805

Post#257 » by bucksfansince88 » Thu Feb 1, 2024 10:26 pm

I think its time to move Khris to the 4 Full time when GA is off the floor
James1980
Veteran
And1: 400

Post#258 » by James1980 » Thu Feb 1, 2024 10:28 pm

ABucksFan wrote:I did not watch the game, how were Giannis' screens?

Someone called them fake screens. He comes up like he is about to screen then immediately moves off from it.
NotYoAvgNBAFan wrote:I overlook foolishness.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 23,195

Post#259 » by Baddy Chuck » Thu Feb 1, 2024 10:28 pm

msiris wrote:We have a low bbiq team which makes it harder to win close games.

The Bucks have the most amount of "clutch" wins in the NBA this season, second on win % at 69.2%, with an overall net rating of +20.8.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
msiris
RealGM

Post#260 » by msiris » Thu Feb 1, 2024 10:34 pm

Last night we took a lot shot very early in the shot clock. Does that bother anybody else? I feel that its too fast of a pase therefore creating very sloppy play. They even pushed it up when they dont have numbers.
Ride the tank

Return to Milwaukee Bucks