ImageImage

Ideal/Realistic Starting 5 around Dame/Giannis

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

Jez2983
RealGM
And1: 7,959

Ideal/Realistic Starting 5 around Dame/Giannis 

Post#1 » by Jez2983 » Sat Feb 3, 2024 5:27 am

In my opinion, acquiring Dame meant a lot of the rest of the roster doesn't make sense with him outside of Giannis. Ideally we have a team that complements their inside/outside game on offense, and makes up for their defensive shortcomings. I am considering Giannis a PF as he doesn't seem to want to play C.

What is the ideal team to build around:
PG: Dame
SG: ?
SF: ?
PF: Giannis
C: ?

Bench: ? (in this scenario just consider the first 3-4 off the bench)

Stepping back from this, what is a realistic 5/bench that we could put around Dame/Giannis? If we are trading Mids/Brook/Beasley/Portis/Pat/rookies/all our 2nds, what could we get for them?
trwi7 wrote:Will be practicing my best Australian accent for tomorrow.

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"
Jez2983
RealGM

Re: Ideal/Realistic Starting 5 around Dame/Giannis 

Post#2 » by Jez2983 » Sat Feb 3, 2024 6:08 am

I think Caruso is close to ideal in the other guard spot, and he's potentially realistically available.
JJJ/Bam would be fantastic in C next to Giannis, while Bam doesn't have the outside range he's quite good fr midrange. Is there a guy we could get for a similar role? I like Duop Reath, but he's probably a backup on a championship winner, not a starter.
I'd absolutely love to see healthy Butler next to Giannis/Dame. Potentially OG was a guy we should have made more of an effort for.

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 15,316

Post#3 » by RiotPunch » Sat Feb 3, 2024 7:09 am

Just drunk enough to entertain this challenge.
Spoiler:

MKE: Grant, Valanciunas, Harris, Thybulle, Nance, Alvarado
NOP: Lopez, Portis
ORL: Middleton, Payne, Zeller
PDX: Isaac, Connaughton, Okeke, Beauchamp, '25 DEN 1st (Top-5 protected), ORL '25 1st (Top-10 protected), MKE '27 1st (Top-10 protected, via NOP), PDX '24 2nd

Lillard / Alvarado
Thybulle / Beasley
Grant / Harris
Giannis / Crowder
Valanciunas / Nance

*would never happen and looking back, I think I failed terribly.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
mediocrityrules
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,037

Post#4 » by mediocrityrules » Sat Feb 3, 2024 7:37 am

Jez2983 wrote:I think Caruso is close to ideal in the other guard spot, and he's potentially realistically available.
JJJ/Bam would be fantastic in C next to Giannis, while Bam doesn't have the outside range he's quite good fr midrange. Is there a guy we could get for a similar role? I like Duop Reath, but he's probably a backup on a championship winner, not a starter.
I'd absolutely love to see healthy Butler next to Giannis/Dame. Potentially OG was a guy we should have made more of an effort for.

Duop's a great shooter and seems to be a smart guy on the floor. Really moves around on offense, but he's a bit of a turnstile on defense from what i've seen. He's great off the bench, but no way is he a starting center on a championship team.

I'd love both him and Thybulle from Portland.
Circling calendars since 2021
Jez2983
RealGM

Post#5 » by Jez2983 » Sat Feb 3, 2024 12:08 pm

RiotPunch wrote:Just drunk enough to entertain this challenge.
Spoiler:

MKE: Grant, Valanciunas, Harris, Thybulle, Nance, Alvarado
NOP: Lopez, Portis
ORL: Middleton, Payne, Zeller
PDX: Isaac, Connaughton, Okeke, Beauchamp, '25 DEN 1st (Top-5 protected), ORL '25 1st (Top-10 protected), MKE '27 1st (Top-10 protected, via NOP), PDX '24 2nd

Lillard / Alvarado
Thybulle / Beasley
Grant / Harris
Giannis / Crowder
Valanciunas / Nance

*would never happen and looking back, I think I failed terribly.

Grant is another bloke i'd really like to target if we are moving Mids. Thybulle is a guy we've talked about a lot, but I think he just isn't reliable enough from deep. Who is the next Brook/Valanciunas? Neither was known for their shooting but really developed it late career.

Don't sell yourself short, that team looks better balanced than what we have, and there's reasons the other teams would be on board too (but yes never going to happen)

Jez2983
RealGM

Post#6 » by Jez2983 » Sat Feb 3, 2024 12:10 pm

mediocrityrules wrote:
Jez2983 wrote:I think Caruso is close to ideal in the other guard spot, and he's potentially realistically available.

Duop's a great shooter and seems to be a smart guy on the floor. Really moves around on offense, but he's a bit of a turnstile on defense from what i've seen. He's great off the bench, but no way is he a starting center on a championship team.

I'd love both him and Thybulle from Portland.

They'd be an upgrade, for sure. I've got faith Reath could be a serviceable defender.

GregAz
Ballboy
And1: 55

Post#7 » by GregAz » Sat Feb 3, 2024 1:04 pm

I think Brook is just about the perfect center to pair with Giannis, so I would keep him.

I would think Some combination of middleton, portis, and connaughton beauchamp and picks could get the rest of the guys relatively easily.

SG Thybulle
SF Herb Jones
C Brook Lopez

Bench top 3
Kris Dunn, Naz Reid, Trey Murphy

Keep AJJ and Beasley

Dame/Dunn
Thybulle/ Murphy/ Beasley
Herb Jones/ AJJ
Giannis/ Reid
Brook/ Reid

Return to Milwaukee Bucks