ImageImage

PG Utah: Bucks run out of gas

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

Magic Giannison
RealGM
And1: 27,054

Re: PG Utah: Bucks run out of gas 

Post#41 » by Magic Giannison » Mon Feb 5, 2024 3:40 am

CharityStripe34 wrote:This team desperately needs some athleticism, like yesterday.

We need young legs that can defend and run big time, we need a big that is defensive and can rebound and box out and we need a bench that isnt remotely useless 9 out of 10 games
soboMP3
Sixth Man
And1: 1,301

Post#42 » by soboMP3 » Mon Feb 5, 2024 3:40 am

paulpressey25 wrote:We sort of need Brogdon back guys. Can play D, run the offense and look for his own shot.

Well he made it pretty clear he did not like Milwaukee (the actual city) so I doubt that will actually happen… ever.
CharityStripe34
General Manager
And1: 5,742

Post#43 » by CharityStripe34 » Mon Feb 5, 2024 3:41 am

Weird that AJJ hasn't been playing. They shopping the young guys?
"Wes, Hill, Ibaka, Allen, Nwora, Brook, Pat, Ingles, Khris are all slow-mo, injury prone ... a sandcastle waiting for playoff wave to get wrecked. A castle with no long-range archers... is destined to fall. That is all I have to say."-- FOTIS
msiris
RealGM
And1: 1,745

Post#44 » by msiris » Mon Feb 5, 2024 3:41 am

12 3s in the 4th vs 5 2pt shots. Not going to win doing that. Crowder Pat and Bobby were complete **** in the 4th. Hate t say it but we miss Khris.
Ride the tank
stillgotgame
Analyst
And1: 1,974

Post#45 » by stillgotgame » Mon Feb 5, 2024 3:42 am

CharityStripe34 wrote:Weird that AJJ hasn't been playing. They shopping the young guys?

Nope, just benched by Doc.
Wooderson
RealGM
And1: 5,368

Post#46 » by Wooderson » Mon Feb 5, 2024 3:42 am

MickeyDavis wrote:Dame's TS% is down from last year (his career high) but above his career average.
He averaged a 62% TS the last 3 years and is down to 60% now. But league average has also gone up so the net impact is actually a bigger drop than that.
Magic Giannison
RealGM
And1: 27,054

Post#47 » by Magic Giannison » Mon Feb 5, 2024 3:43 am

soboMP3 wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:We sort of need Brogdon back guys. Can play D, run the offense and look for his own shot.

Well he made it pretty clear he did not like Milwaukee (the actual city) so I doubt that will actually happen… ever.

He also said he didnt like every team that traded him afterwards lmao
mediocrityrules
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,037

Post#48 » by mediocrityrules » Mon Feb 5, 2024 3:43 am

We're never winning the rebound count without Brook in there to box out. No one else is smart enough under the rim on the boards. He leaves a hole when he's not there when up against multiple bigs.

As for young legs, Dairy Bird showed some great flashes today, especially with his D, switching etc. Looks like a smart player. We also have Dre on the bench for a spark when needed. The problem is that we have Doc, that seems hesitant to play young guys, and prefers to play the main guys a lot of minutes.

Giannis is going to log far more mpg then he ever has outside of the playoffs.
Circling calendars since 2021
yb90
Pro Prospect
And1: 256

Post#49 » by yb90 » Mon Feb 5, 2024 3:44 am

This team lacks athleticism and with Lopez out they lacked length. Doc choice to not go with AJJ over Pat and Crowder hurt. Crowder should be at 30 minutes tops. Maybe more if he is hot. Give AJJ a chance to deflect the lob weak side.
SupremeHustle
RealGM
And1: 28,667

Post#50 » by SupremeHustle » Mon Feb 5, 2024 3:44 am

CharityStripe34 wrote:Weird that AJJ hasn't been playing. They shopping the young guys?

One or two have to go if we're going to try to win this year, no doubt. Just hope they move the right guys.
jschligs wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't know who the **** SupremeHustle is?
RubberSoul
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,877

Post#51 » by RubberSoul » Mon Feb 5, 2024 3:45 am

SupremeHustle wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:Dame's TS% is down from last year (his career high) but above his career average.

I'm not going to lie, I thought he was better than he is. Or better than he's shown.

I’m worried because I’ve never paid close attention to Dame as the Blazers haven’t ever really been contenders in his time there. Maybe this is just who he is and his reputation is overselling his actual ability. Maybe this is him where he’s ass for a few games and goes nuclear the next and there is no consistency with him.

His reputation of being close to Steph is absurd as he isn’t in the same stratosphere as Steph as a player. This year he is closer to Monta Ellis than he is to Steph.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 21,045

Post#52 » by Matches Malone » Mon Feb 5, 2024 3:46 am

Read on Twitter

:confused:
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
ackypoo
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,357

Post#53 » by ackypoo » Mon Feb 5, 2024 3:46 am

let me tell you about deni avdija

https://thehighlow.io/
SupremeHustle
RealGM

Post#54 » by SupremeHustle » Mon Feb 5, 2024 3:48 am

mediocrityrules wrote:We're never winning the rebound count without Brook in there to box out. No one else is smart enough under the rim on the boards. He leaves a hole when he's not there when up against multiple bigs.

As for young legs, Dairy Bird showed some great flashes today, especially with his D, switching etc. Looks like a smart player. We also have Dre on the bench for a spark when needed. The problem is that we have Doc, that seems hesitant to play young guys, and prefers to play the main guys a lot of minutes.

Giannis is going to log far more mpg then he ever has outside of the playoffs.

Pat used to do those little things like box out and grab a few rebounds. We really miss that. Now we have guys who can barely get off the floor. It's tough.

I bet AJJ can box out. He might foul out while doing it, but he'd do it.
jschligs wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't know who the **** SupremeHustle is?
German Athens
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,066

Post#55 » by German Athens » Mon Feb 5, 2024 3:48 am

When people question the importance of midrange I kinda point to games that got outta hand, or were lost late.

When you need a stabilizing bucket, or push a lead from a one possession to two possession game late. That 57% chance of conversion holds quite a bit more value to me than the 40% look.
Turk Nowitzki
RealGM
And1: 9,980

Post#56 » by Turk Nowitzki » Mon Feb 5, 2024 3:48 am

SupremeHustle wrote:

I'm not going to lie, I thought he was better than he is. Or better than he's shown.

That's the crux of my frustration. It's not like it's all his fault we're losing games but I thought there would be more games where be would be the reason we win them.
randy84
RealGM
And1: 6,423

Post#57 » by randy84 » Mon Feb 5, 2024 3:48 am

MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:Also might have shown what we look like in a brook trade. Giannis was exhausted and some of that may have been playing center.

Depends who you trade Brook for. I would take Collins and Kessler off Utah's hands for him.
BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 3,004

Post#58 » by BUCKnation » Mon Feb 5, 2024 3:49 am

Turk Nowitzki wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:Dame was amazing last night. Plays on an obviously gimpy ankle because we're shorthanded and gets dumped on. Sounds right.

When you're a purported elite level player on a supermax the expectations are different. That's just how it is.

Nobody is even asking for last night to be the norm. We just need his shooting to be a more consistent positive for us instead of what's going on now which is bricking everything for two weeks in between good games.

Id just take an 8/15 rather than these constant 5/18 displays
SupremeHustle
RealGM

Post#59 » by SupremeHustle » Mon Feb 5, 2024 3:49 am

Matches Malone wrote:
Read on Twitter

:confused:

Yeah, I watched the press conference and I knew this would be the quote you guys point out lol.

He had some good things to say about AJ. Said guys like AJ need to be aggressive. Kinda compared it to what he used to tell Jamal Crawford. Also thought AJ held his own on defense.
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 15,304

Post#60 » by RiotPunch » Mon Feb 5, 2024 3:50 am

soboMP3 wrote:

This is overblown, IMO. He was just honest (and accurate) about the issues in Milwaukee. The bigger issue was that he thought he was a star point guard. Think he's gotten a reality check since then.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis

Return to Milwaukee Bucks