Insanity. 40 minutes of Crowder? :crazy:
Turk Nowitzki
RealGM
And1: 9,980

Re: PG Utah: Bucks run out of gas 

Post#62 » by Turk Nowitzki » Mon Feb 5, 2024 3:51 am

BUCKnation wrote:
Turk Nowitzki wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:Dame was amazing last night. Plays on an obviously gimpy ankle because we're shorthanded and gets dumped on. Sounds right.

When you're a purported elite level player on a supermax the expectations are different. That's just how it is.

Nobody is even asking for last night to be the norm. We just need his shooting to be a more consistent positive for us instead of what's going on now which is bricking everything for two weeks in between good games.

Id just take an 8/15 rather than these constant 5/18 displays

That's exactly where I'm at right now. Just give us some sign of trending in a positive direction with the game to game consistency.
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 15,305

Post#63 » by RiotPunch » Mon Feb 5, 2024 3:52 am

German Athens wrote:When people question the importance of midrange I kinda point to games that got outta hand, or were lost late.

When you need a stabilizing bucket, or push a lead from a one possession to two possession game late. That 57% chance of conversion holds quite a bit more value to me than the 40% look.

Yeah, kind of a playoff basketball simulation. Khris is huge in those moments when he can convert midrange layups, provided he's not turning it over.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
Turk Nowitzki
RealGM
And1: 9,980

Post#64 » by Turk Nowitzki » Mon Feb 5, 2024 3:55 am

Also, I'm glad we're mostly giving Doc a break for now. He's not perfect but I see some more positive signs overall. He just stepped in at a brutal time in the schedule.
sidney lanier
Head Coach
And1: 10,000

Post#65 » by sidney lanier » Mon Feb 5, 2024 4:08 am

What I learned tonight:

1. Things are getting better.
2. MD was right about Tyler Ford.
3. Sexton is a punk.

What I already knew:

4. Olynyk is the most annoying headbanded cheap-shot artist since Anderson Varejao. How did he get away with that wipeaway on Dairy Bird? (See #2.)
"The Bucks in six always. That's for the culture." -- B. Jennings
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 24,006

Post#66 » by Ron Swanson » Mon Feb 5, 2024 4:10 am

First red flag coaching moment for Doc. Of all the games you needed some athletic, fresh legs to throw out there, this was the one to play Andre and Marjon. Robin could have at least provided some rim protection, and hell, I'd have even thrown Livingston out there for a few minutes. Bobby with tired legs is absolutely brutal to watch on defense.
stellation
RealGM
And1: 8,964

Post#67 » by stellation » Mon Feb 5, 2024 4:13 am

I had to drop halfway through the third for a meeting, am just going to pretend that's where the game ended.
#FreeChuckDiesel
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,296

Post#68 » by paulpressey25 » Mon Feb 5, 2024 4:14 am

Ron Swanson wrote:First red flag coaching moment for Doc. Of all the games you needed some athletic, fresh legs to throw out there, this was the one to play Andre and Marjon. Robin could have at least provided some rim protection, and hell, I'd have even thrown Livingston out there for a few minutes. Bobby with tired legs is absolutely brutal to watch on defense.

I’ll give Doc a pass. We were on absolute cruise control in this game up into the start of the 4th. Utah simply got wound up by their crowd, the fights, and got amped emotionally, when you wouldn’t have necessarily expected it.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
PG Graveyard
General Manager
And1: 4,609

Post#69 » by PG Graveyard » Mon Feb 5, 2024 4:16 am

40 minutes for Crowder is way too much. Especially since he probably isn’t fully ramped up.
randy84
RealGM
And1: 6,423

Post#70 » by randy84 » Mon Feb 5, 2024 4:17 am

Ron Swanson wrote:First red flag coaching moment for Doc. Of all the games you needed some athletic, fresh legs to throw out there, this was the one to play Andre and Marjon. Robin could have at least provided some rim protection, and hell, I'd have even thrown Livingston out there for a few minutes. Bobby with tired legs is absolutely brutal to watch on defense.

Yeah, but its kind of a leap of faith when he hasn't seen any of them play and doesn't really know what they can do. AJ is easy because you can watch him hit basket after basket in practice. Beauchamp and AJJ are probably harder to judge if they aren't going all out in practice.
MissKhriddleton
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,189

Post#71 » by MissKhriddleton » Mon Feb 5, 2024 4:18 am

Turk Nowitzki wrote:
BUCKnation wrote:
Turk Nowitzki wrote:When you're a purported elite level player on a supermax the expectations are different. That's just how it is.

Nobody is even asking for last night to be the norm. We just need his shooting to be a more consistent positive for us instead of what's going on now which is bricking everything for two weeks in between good games.

Id just take an 8/15 rather than these constant 5/18 displays

That's exactly where I'm at right now. Just give us some sign of trending in a positive direction with the game to game consistency.

Number of times Dame has shot under 40%:

19-20: 24 out of 67 games
20-21: 23 out of 66 games
21-22: 17 out of 29 games
22-23: 19 out of 58 games
23-24: 22 out of 46 games
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,390

Post#72 » by M-C-G » Mon Feb 5, 2024 4:20 am

I thought I saw somewhere AJJ was out with a wrist injury tonight, but maybe I am wrong

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
randy84
RealGM

Post#73 » by randy84 » Mon Feb 5, 2024 4:24 am

M-C-G wrote:I thought I saw somewhere AJJ was out with a wrist injury tonight, but maybe I am wrong

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That was last night.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,049

Post#74 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Feb 5, 2024 4:24 am

randy84 wrote:

Yeah, but its kind of a leap of faith when he hasn't seen any of them play and doesn't really know what they can do. AJ is easy because you can watch him hit basket after basket in practice. Beauchamp and AJJ are probably harder to judge if they aren't going all out in practice.

Yup and there's only been 1 practice
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
Wooderson
RealGM
And1: 5,368

Post#75 » by Wooderson » Mon Feb 5, 2024 4:29 am

randy84 wrote:

If only there was a way to watch previous games played. Should we crowdfund a LP subscription for Doc?

Saying partly in jest, but it's kind of funny to think practice would be everything when there's so much actual game footage. Not even commenting on the right or wrong of playing young guys, just the process.
randy84
RealGM

Post#76 » by randy84 » Mon Feb 5, 2024 4:35 am

Wooderson wrote:
randy84 wrote:

If only there was a way to watch previous games played. Should we crowdfund a LP subscription for Doc?

Saying partly in jest, but it's kind of funny to think practice would be everything when there's so much actual game footage. Not even commenting on the right or wrong of playing young guys, just the process.

I guess the alternative is that he watched the game footage and didn't think the guys were very good.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,049

Post#77 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Feb 5, 2024 4:42 am

randy84 wrote:
Wooderson wrote:
randy84 wrote:Yeah, but its kind of a leap of faith when he hasn't seen any of them play and doesn't really know what they can do. AJ is easy because you can watch him hit basket after basket in practice. Beauchamp and AJJ are probably harder to judge if they aren't going all out in practice.

I guess the alternative is that he watched the game footage and didn't think the guys were very good.

Yup. He obviously thought Green could contribute so he played.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,890

Post#78 » by blazza18 » Mon Feb 5, 2024 4:48 am

Brewhoopfan wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:
Read on Twitter

:confused:

Insanity. 40 minutes of Crowder? :crazy:

Yeah, we're going to need Doc to be better than this.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
fan230
Analyst
And1: 1,317

Post#79 » by fan230 » Mon Feb 5, 2024 4:51 am

As I have said before, for this season at least: Dame is high variance, mid level mean scorer. This is a big problem as it could lead to a few big wins or a few squeezed out Dame time wins, at the cost of getting more wins perhaps by smaller margins.

In contrast, Giannis is low variance high mean scorer. And that is precisely what the team needs and is shy he is our number one player.

In offense, Jrue was a low variance and mid level mean scorer, maybe lower mean than Dame.

But we are in a quandary now. We have got a better coach for sure but even other than defense, in offense, Khris cannot play b/b games; otherwise he is I believe the highest 2 point percentage scorer in the league as per a news item. Maybe he should try more 2s and less 3s.

Doc is trying to win games but such heavy minutes for starters is problematic.

Pat doesn’t want to leave Milwaukee with all his real estate business here. Maybe he will play much better after the trade deadline. We can hope.

Green is good. Other young players truly are not going to help us win more games.

We have to depend on our big 4 and only them, barring getting DeJounte.

That seems to be the hard reality.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,296

Post#80 » by paulpressey25 » Mon Feb 5, 2024 4:58 am

Could be worse guys. We could have invested 12 years in The Process, and only have a crippled Embiid to show for it.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25

Return to Milwaukee Bucks