PG Utah: Bucks run out of gas

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,048

Re: PG Utah: Bucks run out of gas 

Post#81 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Feb 5, 2024 5:08 am

paulpressey25 wrote:Could be worse guys. We could have invested 12 years in The Process, and only have a crippled Embiid to show for it.

Definitely. When the Giannis era ends I'll be disappointed if we only have one title. But I'll still be giddy over that title.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
Wonka
General Manager
And1: 4,789

Post#82 » by Wonka » Mon Feb 5, 2024 5:16 am

Would honestly like to see Ajax and MarJon out there. Really think we are going to regret trading any of our young three (AJ, AJJ and MarJon) if that comes to fruition.

Our lack of ability to develop the young guys is getting really old and asinine. Ajax has his warts on offense, MarJon could be a lot more confident and assertive out there…but how are they supposed to get there without reps? Practice can only give a player so much. We have genuinely talented young guys, and if we trade them for the likes of Kris f*cking Dunn, we will end up regretting it. The shortsightedness around here lately has been wild, it’s Kris Dunn, not Jrue Holiday we are talking about.
yb90
Pro Prospect
And1: 256

Post#83 » by yb90 » Mon Feb 5, 2024 5:51 am

The AJax thing is puzzling because I thought he would look more like Thybulle early on but when he gets a chance to play he shoots the ball with cofidence and stays within him self while being able to create others. Defensively, he seems like he is about an off- season or two away from having the body it takes to really battle the elite wings but he still needs playing time to develop his feel for when to reach for a steal or how the refs are calling fouls night from night.
Diggr14
Analyst
And1: 1,151

Post#84 » by Diggr14 » Mon Feb 5, 2024 6:56 am

40 minutes by crowder. Another -20 night for him. Par for the course. When are they gonna learn... he is HOT garbage and needs to not play unless it is trash can time.
Khris Middleton - Beating up on Trash Can Teams since 1943. Invisible Man status otherwise.
fan230
Analyst
And1: 1,317

Post#85 » by fan230 » Mon Feb 5, 2024 7:15 am

MickeyDavis wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:Could be worse guys. We could have invested 12 years in The Process, and only have a crippled Embiid to show for it.

Definitely. When the Giannis era ends I'll be disappointed if we only have one title. But I'll still be giddy over that title.

Yes I will never ever forget the emotions sitting at Fiserv that day. I kept thinking this was after half a century..
fan230
Analyst
And1: 1,317

Post#86 » by fan230 » Mon Feb 5, 2024 7:19 am

Diggr14 wrote:40 minutes by crowder. Another -20 night for him. Par for the course. When are they gonna learn... he is HOT garbage and needs to not play unless it is trash can time.

Last year I had very little enthusiasm when Bucks were trying to get him. This year was different; I was hoping fervently that he would help the defense a lot. He has been subpar both years. What a waste of 4 2nd rounders.
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,885

Post#87 » by blazza18 » Mon Feb 5, 2024 7:21 am

Wouldn't say he's solely to blame but we've lost the minutes Crowder has been on the floor in all but one game since his return. Wasn't much better to start the season when he was shooting well from three either.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
kanyon
Junior
And1: 232

Post#88 » by kanyon » Mon Feb 5, 2024 7:52 am

AJJ was chomping at the bit to get out there. He ran wild in his 30 seconds. Seemed like a good game to give those guys some burn.
soxperry
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,988

Post#89 » by soxperry » Mon Feb 5, 2024 10:54 am

After weeks of wins that felt bad, this loss actually feels kind of good. Undermanned and short handed, i give the last 6 mins a pass. We controlled the game before that happened and we are a great crunch time team usually.
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,781

Post#90 » by AussieBuck » Mon Feb 5, 2024 10:58 am

It's kinda tough because we looked great for 3/4 but we really should have had the young dudes out there a bit. Still not sure if Jae has some small ball 4 in him by April or if he's cooked. Most of our regular bench sucks.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
yannisk
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,748

Post#91 » by yannisk » Mon Feb 5, 2024 12:44 pm

I will try to be optimistic.

Giannis is at his peak, we have Lillard who I am sure will play better. The defense is improving, if we could just get a couple of able defenders before the trade deadline we are not afraid of anyone.
rayallenscalves
Junior
And1: 221

Post#92 » by rayallenscalves » Mon Feb 5, 2024 12:48 pm

It's becoming pretty clear to me that this team will live and die with Dame. Giannis is as consistent as they come, we know what we're getting every night. Dame is a complete wild card right now. If he shows up, we could win it all. If he continues to have these sub-35% shooting nights, we could be out in the first round again.

He's been outplayed by Murray, Simon and now Keyonte F'ing George in the three losses on this trip.
steger_3434
RealGM
And1: 5,481

Post#93 » by steger_3434 » Mon Feb 5, 2024 12:57 pm

The problem with Dame is he is so bad defensively that if he doesn’t have a good offensive game he’s a scrub. At least with jrue if he put up a scrub offensive game 90% of the time he brought it on the defensive side.

I think the idea of dame is a lot better that the reality of dame. I rarely watched him and just went off my idea that he was this great top 10 player that was a steph clone. That’s my own fault. He’s nothing like. I don’t even know if dame is top 10 in guard play this year. He sure as hell isn’t sniffing top 10 overall player.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
yiyiyi wrote:give rockets Redd ,houston give you T-MAC in return .please help rockets!
i dont want see that woman anymore !
LatentFrog
Senior
And1: 392

Post#94 » by LatentFrog » Mon Feb 5, 2024 1:09 pm

I think we lost this game when Dame went back in on a bum ankle and couldn't move laterally on D or push off on his jumper. Really don't understand that move, and I love Dame even through these struggles.
MVP2110
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,107

Post#95 » by MVP2110 » Mon Feb 5, 2024 1:10 pm

Diggr14 wrote:40 minutes by crowder. Another -20 night for him. Par for the course. When are they gonna learn... he is HOT garbage and needs to not play unless it is trash can time.

Yea I'm not sure how Crowder seems to avoid the contempt from fans that Pat & Bobby get. Jae has the worst net rating and on/off numbers by a mile on this team, atleast for regular rotation players. He's been really bad
Coach Drew: "Milwaukee has always been a team that I have been intrigued by. When we played them, they were a tough team for us to play. Although we did beat them all four times"
Milbucks96
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,520

Post#96 » by Milbucks96 » Mon Feb 5, 2024 1:15 pm

MVP2110 wrote:

Yea I'm not sure how Crowder seems to avoid the contempt from fans that Pat & Bobby get. Jae has the worst net rating and on/off numbers by a mile on this team, atleast for regular rotation players. He's been really bad

Imo he’s been passing the eye test (especially compared to last season) so it’s going under the radar. He looks good out there, knocking down threes, floater, good connective passing and tough defense. But we just suck when he’s out there and it’s probably hurting us a lot.
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,744

Post#97 » by chonestown » Mon Feb 5, 2024 1:19 pm

dave time
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”
-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

"Poor as a mouse every morning/Rich as a cat every night."
-DCB
yannisk
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,748

Post#98 » by yannisk » Mon Feb 5, 2024 1:29 pm

Milbucks96 wrote:he’s been passing the eye test (especially compared to last season) so it’s going under the radar. He looks good out there, knocking down threes, floater, good connective passing and tough defense.

Does he do these things?

I don't complain much about him because he was injured and gets the benefit of the doubt. This and the fact he is on a minimum contract
MVP2110
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,107

Post#99 » by MVP2110 » Mon Feb 5, 2024 1:45 pm

Milbucks96 wrote:
MVP2110 wrote:

Imo he’s been passing the eye test (especially compared to last season) so it’s going under the radar. He looks good out there, knocking down threes, floater, good connective passing and tough defense. But we just suck when he’s out there and it’s probably hurting us a lot.

His DRTG is the worst on the team among regular rotation guys & he has the lowest rebound % of his career. I do think part of it is he's regularly asked to defend guards which he really isn't capable of but he definitely hasn't been good. As far as shooting he started the year red hot but since he's come back from injury he's only at 31% from 3
Coach Drew: "Milwaukee has always been a team that I have been intrigued by. When we played them, they were a tough team for us to play. Although we did beat them all four times"
Milbucks96
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,520

Post#100 » by Milbucks96 » Mon Feb 5, 2024 1:51 pm

yannisk wrote:
Milbucks96 wrote:he’s been passing the eye test (especially compared to last season) so it’s going under the radar. He looks good out there, knocking down threes, floater, good connective passing and tough defense.

Does he do these things?

I don't complain much about him because he was injured and gets the benefit of the doubt. This and the fact he is on a minimum contract

I think so, he looks like a vet out there doing vet things. I just don’t think he’s good anymore.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks