ImageImage

Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas - Gallo deciding between Bucks and Clippers

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,049

Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas - Gallo deciding between Bucks and Clippers 

Post#1 » by MickeyDavis » Tue Feb 6, 2024 3:42 am

We're going to blow past 100 pages in the other thread with the deadline approaching so we'll start anew.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
Jez2983
RealGM
And1: 7,959

Re: Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas - Trade Deadline Thursday 2 pm CT 

Post#2 » by Jez2983 » Tue Feb 6, 2024 3:49 am

MickeyDavis wrote:We're going to blow past 100 pages in the other thread with the deadline approaching so we'll start anew.

Let's be honest we'll blow past 100 in this one too, whatever happens.
trwi7 wrote:Will be practicing my best Australian accent for tomorrow.

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"
midranger
RealGM
And1: 10,172

Post#3 » by midranger » Tue Feb 6, 2024 3:50 am

So I missed it. What’s the deal with Dallas? Inside info? A tweet from someone legit? Just wishful thinking?
Please reconsider your animal consumption.
Jez2983
RealGM
And1: 7,959

Post#4 » by Jez2983 » Tue Feb 6, 2024 3:57 am

midranger wrote:So I missed it. What’s the deal with Dallas? Inside info? A tweet from someone legit? Just wishful thinking?

Stein has reported Bucks/Mavs talking about swapping Bobby/Williams. According to some Facebook thing I read.
trwi7 wrote:Will be practicing my best Australian accent for tomorrow.

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"
midranger
RealGM
And1: 10,172

Post#5 » by midranger » Tue Feb 6, 2024 4:09 am

Let’s get nuts:

Middleton
Portis

For

KAT

Brook

For

Grant Williams
Josh Green
Dwight Powell

Pat
Marjon
Payne

For

Any credible player

Dame
Green
Williams
Giannis
KAT

Beas
Jae
Any credible player
Please reconsider your animal consumption.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,211

Post#6 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Feb 6, 2024 4:31 am

Feel like Exum is going to fulfill his proper draft night prophecy and wind up a Buck, bum knee and all.
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,979

Post#7 » by Badgerlander » Tue Feb 6, 2024 5:01 am

midranger wrote:So I missed it. What’s the deal with Dallas? Inside info? A tweet from someone legit? Just wishful thinking?

Read on Twitter

Posted by pp in the other thread
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,049

Post#8 » by MickeyDavis » Tue Feb 6, 2024 5:11 am

I want no part of Williams.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
Wonka
General Manager
And1: 4,789

Post#9 » by Wonka » Tue Feb 6, 2024 5:16 am

Genuinely think Bobby for Grant would be the worst thing we could do with that asset lol. Bobby is playing out of position. He’s going to be a great 4 for some team. Us expecting him to be a defensive contributor as a 5 has always been asinine and I do not think Grant Williams fills that gap in our roster whatsoever. His best years are already behind him.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,292

Post#10 » by paulpressey25 » Tue Feb 6, 2024 5:32 am

Some RGM historical levity to break up the Grant Williams discussion.

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=890611#p18939336
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
Plossum
General Manager
And1: 4,991

Post#11 » by Plossum » Tue Feb 6, 2024 5:37 am

MickeyDavis wrote:I want no part of Williams.

He's overrated. Not as good a defender as his reputation suggests, pretty meh offensive player outside of open threes and dumb as a bag of rocks. That Boston let him walk rather than dip into the luxury tax says enough.

Bobby has his warts but he's a superior player IMO.
#LockUpChuck
-Jragon-
Head Coach
And1: 1,669

Post#12 » by -Jragon- » Tue Feb 6, 2024 5:52 am

Don't forget to look at stat splits between regular season and playoffs when evaluating players. We don't really need any new guys to make the playoffs; will need help in the playoffs though because we already know the playoff lane will be packed for Giannis and Dame and make "the others" make 3's for 3 quarters (then make Giannis beat them from the line in the 4th, which is rare.)

So we need big shot makers that also can play solid D and that have a steady hand in the face of quicker closeouts.

Examples of guys who shoot statistically better in the playoffs:
Pat C, Grant Williams, Dame Dolla and Khash Money (I actually like him besides that he likes to dribble up and give away games in the 4th)

Examples of guys we like but actually statistically miss everything (shoot worse) in the playoffs: Donte, Malcom, Bobby, Caruso... they either have slow releases or are scared to shoot and that's both bad in the playoffs.

Undecided: Malik 20-21 he got better in the playoffs for MN but last year for the Lakers he was Bobby-esque so who knows. Kris Dunn - never really played in the playoffs so who knows.

Conclusion: we need to find these types of zero nerves shooters but hopefully they can hold some D so we can actually pull away from teams and stay there.
-Jragon-
Head Coach
And1: 1,669

Post#13 » by -Jragon- » Tue Feb 6, 2024 6:06 am

Plossum wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:I want no part of Williams.

He's overrated. Not as good a defender as his reputation suggests, pretty meh offensive player outside of open threes and dumb as a bag of rocks. That Boston let him walk rather than dip into the luxury tax says enough.

Bobby has his warts but he's a superior player IMO.

Yeah but Grant is similar to Jrue that he steps up and will cover the other teams best player which saves Giannis from having to do it and Khris, although opportunistic in lanes, has trouble staying in front of anyone shifty. Grant slows down the dribbler so the D can adjust which is huge and we need 1 or 2 more guys that can do that. He also has good focus on open shots and isn't scared to shoot an open playoff 3 unlike so many of the pretend 3/D players we had and have gone like Malcom and Donte who have slow and unconfident releases when a defender closes out hard.
randy84
RealGM
And1: 6,423

Post#14 » by randy84 » Tue Feb 6, 2024 6:40 am

Alright. Need to start a new rumor.
Bucks get Dort and Jaylin Williams from OKC for Portis and Connaughton.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,281

Post#15 » by humanrefutation » Tue Feb 6, 2024 6:42 am

I'm tired of this "save Giannis from having to guard the opponent's best player" nonsense. Giannis should be guarding that player. The fact that we have Dame should take enough of the offensive load off of him to free him up to smother some guys defensively.

Doc needs to convince Giannis to defer to Dame offensively and expend those energy savings defensively.
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,889

Post#16 » by blazza18 » Tue Feb 6, 2024 6:44 am

I don't think Giannis can defend the opposing teams best player for more than a few possessions. He'll get into foul trouble and can't go through screens at all.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
dedned
Analyst
And1: 1,367

Post#17 » by dedned » Tue Feb 6, 2024 6:51 am

-Jragon- wrote:
-Jragon- wrote:Don't forget to look at stat splits between regular season and playoffs when evaluating players. We don't really need any new guys to make the playoffs; will need help in the playoffs though because we already know the playoff lane will be packed for Giannis and Dame and make "the others" make 3's for 3 quarters (then make Giannis beat them from the line in the 4th, which is rare.)

So we need big shot makers that also can play solid D and that have a steady hand in the face of quicker closeouts.

Examples of guys who shoot statistically better in the playoffs:
Pat C, Grant Williams, Dame Dolla and Khash Money (I actually like him besides that he likes to dribble up and give away games in the 4th)

Examples of guys we like but actually statistically miss everything (shoot worse) in the playoffs: Donte, Malcom, Bobby, Caruso... they either have slow releases or are scared to shoot and that's both bad in the playoffs.

Undecided: Malik 20-21 he got better in the playoffs for MN but last year for the Lakers he was Bobby-esque so who knows. Kris Dunn - never really played in the playoffs so who knows.

Conclusion: we need to find these types of zero nerves shooters but hopefully they can hold some D so we can actually pull away from teams and stay there.

Bobby for Grant Williams ticks a lot of boxes actually sooooo... Horst go for it but we need a wing that has the same attributes so keep going.

Trading Bobby for a couple of lesser players ain't the move I'd make.
slos
Starter
And1: 1,196

Post#18 » by slos » Tue Feb 6, 2024 7:00 am

Grant Williams and future Dallas 1st makes sense as a basis for Atlanta in a potential Murray trade. Just saying.
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 15,304

Post#19 » by RiotPunch » Tue Feb 6, 2024 7:30 am

I really, really doubt Dallas would move a future 1st for Portis, not even to get off Williams.

Portis + Pat for Williams + Green feels kind of close, and that only gets close to the finish line for me because I believe in Green. Don't think Doc trusts Green when **** gets real in the playoffs.

Seeing some Bruce Brown stuff being tossed around. Not sure how much I value him, especially at the cost of Portis + Pat, but he seems like a guy that Doc would roll with, and he's had a lot of big playoff moments.

MKE: Bruce Brown, Jaylin Williams
OKC: Bobby Portis, Pat Connaughton, Jalen McDaniels
TOR: Davis Bertans, Aleksej Pokusevski, Marjon Beauchamp, LAC '24 1st

Follow it up with:

MKE: Dunn
UTA: Payne, PDX '24 2nd, MKE '27 2nd

Lillard / Dunn
Brown / Beasley
Middleton / (Buyout?) / Green
Giannis / Crowder
Lopez / (Giannis) / Williams

Admittedly don't love it. Just spitballing.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
HurricaneKid
General Manager
And1: 5,034

Post#20 » by HurricaneKid » Tue Feb 6, 2024 8:27 am

I'm stoked we seem open to trading Bobby but it feels monkey-paw-ish that the name coming up is Grant Williams. I think the only thing he is remotely cable of is slowing down Giannis and since we have Giannis that doesn't seem an important skill. He has been terribad in Dal and his positive splits in Bos seem to be because other teams (like us) decide to just leave him wide open to support on Jays, etc.

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app
fishnc wrote:If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden, and LeBron, I would shoot LeBron twice.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks