ImageImage

Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas - Gallo deciding between Bucks and Clippers

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

CharityStripe34
General Manager
And1: 5,742

Re: Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas - Goodbye RoLo 

Post#1841 » by CharityStripe34 » Wed Feb 14, 2024 2:58 pm

Most MVP voters are disciples of the "TS%!!!" metric. Gianni doesn't take a million threes and is a dominant interior presence, which is a bit arcane these days.
"Wes, Hill, Ibaka, Allen, Nwora, Brook, Pat, Ingles, Khris are all slow-mo, injury prone ... a sandcastle waiting for playoff wave to get wrecked. A castle with no long-range archers... is destined to fall. That is all I have to say."-- FOTIS
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,648

Post#1842 » by JayMKE » Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:11 pm

Analytics killed sports, took the fun & soul out of it. **** nerds
FREE GIANNIS
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,912

Post#1843 » by emunney » Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:13 pm

Happy Day 38 with 2 open 2-way spots.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,285

Post#1844 » by paulpressey25 » Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:14 pm

Assuming we don’t make the Finals, going to be a field day come June/July with major trades.

Only hoping we don’t have use draft picks to take Bobby and Pat’s contracts off the books.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
JayMKE
RealGM

Post#1845 » by JayMKE » Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:15 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:Assuming we don’t make the Finals, going to be a field day come June/July with major trades.

Only hoping we don’t have use draft picks to take Bobby and Pat’s contracts off the books.

we need those to get Dame's albatross off the books
FREE GIANNIS
VooDoo7
RealGM
And1: 20,865

Post#1846 » by VooDoo7 » Wed Feb 14, 2024 4:18 pm

ShootingtheJ
General Manager
And1: 4,774

Post#1847 » by ShootingtheJ » Wed Feb 14, 2024 6:22 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:Assuming we don’t make the Finals, going to be a field day come June/July with major trades.

I'm used to the others overreacting to segababa's, but not you!
ShootingtheJ
General Manager

Post#1848 » by ShootingtheJ » Wed Feb 14, 2024 6:27 pm

JayMKE wrote:

No, we need to get him back to being Dame. He's still as explosive as ever. We just need him to find his shot. When he clears his head, the shots will fall again. A panic move with Dame would be a franchise altering disaster.
ShootingtheJ
General Manager

Post#1849 » by ShootingtheJ » Wed Feb 14, 2024 6:28 pm

VooDoo7 wrote:

This looks so much better than that cheap Disney flick. Can't wait.
SupremeHustle
RealGM
And1: 28,666

Post#1850 » by SupremeHustle » Wed Feb 14, 2024 6:35 pm

ShootingtheJ wrote:
VooDoo7 wrote:

This looks so much better than that cheap Disney flick. Can't wait.

Yeah, a doc is the best way to tell his story.
jschligs wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't know who the **** SupremeHustle is?
msiris
RealGM
And1: 1,745

Post#1851 » by msiris » Wed Feb 14, 2024 7:09 pm

ShootingtheJ wrote:
JayMKE wrote:

No, we need to get him back to being Dame. He's still as explosive as ever. We just need him to find his shot. When he clears his head, the shots will fall again. A panic move with Dame would be a franchise altering disaster.
If we fail in playoff Dame shold be dealt as well. Maybe he just doesn't w
ant to be here.
Ride the tank
ShootingtheJ
General Manager

Post#1852 » by ShootingtheJ » Wed Feb 14, 2024 7:52 pm

msiris wrote:
ShootingtheJ wrote:
JayMKE wrote:

ant to be here.

Sure, the guy who wanted to stay in Portland doesn't want to be here competing for a championship. Please come up with better conspiracies.
JayMKE
RealGM

Post#1853 » by JayMKE » Wed Feb 14, 2024 8:12 pm

ShootingtheJ wrote:
msiris wrote:
ShootingtheJ wrote:
ant to be here.

Sure, the guy who wanted to stay in Portland doesn't want to be here competing for a championship. Please come up with better conspiracies.

Wasn't Dame the one who demanded out and only to Miami? How that rectifies his "off the court" issues IDK, I guess hanging out at in a South Beach script club has a way of making you forget certain things.

Unless Dame has a secret injury we don't know about I don't know how anybody could expect a better result next year if the pairing doesn't work this year. You pull the rip cord ASAP and try to salvage the team so you don't have to trade Giannis when this **** blows up.
FREE GIANNIS
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,272

Post#1854 » by LUKE23 » Wed Feb 14, 2024 8:15 pm

I was never comparing Carter and Allen. I was comparing Allen/Carter to Beasley/Bev. To say that the latter is some massive downgrade is just a ridiculous statement.

This season, The Bucks starting five has a net rating of +15.3 currently. Last years five man starting lineup with Allen/Khris was at +12.1. Again, both very good, but there is no way to say this years team is worse in the starting five with any conviction.

So then it comes down to Pat Bev/Payne/Pat C verses Carter/Wes/Pat C. Portis is the same. I find it hard to believe that that latter trio is leaps and bounds better, but am willing to see the numbers.

I believe this years starting five is better and the playoff ceiling is higher. The Grief hire was an awful move, and they clearly have not done enough defensively. But if they can play 12-14th ranked defensive basketball they will be as tough of an out as anyone. They just could not afford to go into the playoffs with Middleton/Jrue as options 2/3 on offense again. That is being further confirmed by how gimpy MIdds looks this year. Now, if he's actually "healthy" come playoff time, he's a great #3.
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,231

Post#1855 » by DingleJerry » Wed Feb 14, 2024 8:22 pm

So Giannis can't play with an elite shooting and ballhandling PG so we have to trade him. This player perfectly covers all of Giannis' weaknesses, and Giannis covers his. But apparently it doesn't work. Also Giannis can't play with big men who can't shoot. So who are we supposed to look for in pairing with him for another 'star' where there isn't the 'his teammates aren't good enough' argument.

Apparently the only guys who fit with him can't be initiator/ballhandler types, thus you're left with 3D role players who eventually when we lose will be bashed and/or the comment made that his supporting cast isn't good enough. Well yea if you can only put 3D guys around him they're eventually gonna be outgunned by legit stars in the playoffs barring a miracle. Maybe if two prime Klay Thompsons grew on trees?

Bottomline, they have to figure out how to work together on O. There is no reason it should not work very well and be an elite O.
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,684

Post#1856 » by WeekapaugGroove » Wed Feb 14, 2024 8:34 pm

As someone who watches both the Bucks and Suns I'll note that this years version of Grayson is just better than he was in Milwaukee. I don't know if it's a fit deal, random, or contract year deal but he's been a different player in Phoenix.

Sent from my SM-F731U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
JayMKE
RealGM

Post#1857 » by JayMKE » Wed Feb 14, 2024 8:41 pm

I'm not sure I buy the whole concept of acquiring players that are deficient in one but good in another area to cover up for others is the way to go, that might just be a way to have roster with a bunch of holes in it. Not good enough offensively or defensively. Dame doesn't create like Giannis or even Khris, him pounding the ball might be better for his box score but might be worse for everybody else if he's looking for his shot first. I think think people assumed it would be a great fit because Dame was a 30 PPGz scorer from the perimeter without considering how the guy would fit into the offense or if he's at all capable or willing to play defense.

Giannis is not going to become an off the ball player 10 years in when he's better than ever, just give up on that concept now. Its a good pairing or its not, Dame has this postseason to prove its worth seeing the next 3 after. Even if he did go off in the playoffs I'd consider trading him honestly, that Miami package is looking pretty damn good in comparison.
FREE GIANNIS
JayMKE
RealGM

Post#1858 » by JayMKE » Wed Feb 14, 2024 8:43 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:As someone who watches both the Bucks and Suns I'll note that this years version of Grayson is just better than he was in Milwaukee. I don't know if it's a fit deal, random, or contract year deal but he's been a different player in Phoenix.

Grayson said he likes being able to take it inside more in Phoenix which he couldn't do in Milwaukee with Brook/Giannis. Grayson is just a quality NBA player, he's a better overall player than Malik Beasley for sure altho I think he gets his shot off a lot slower.
FREE GIANNIS
tydett
General Manager
And1: 6,940

Post#1859 » by tydett » Wed Feb 14, 2024 8:48 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:As someone who watches both the Bucks and Suns I'll note that this years version of Grayson is just better than he was in Milwaukee. I don't know if it's a fit deal, random, or contract year deal but he's been a different player in Phoenix.

Maybe holding the ball - being unable to put up a shot while the team's best three players are watching you try to force a drive into the lane as time expires and your team gets embarrassed by an 8 seed - is enough to change a man.
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,231

Post#1860 » by DingleJerry » Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:27 pm

JayMKE wrote:I'm not sure I buy the whole concept of acquiring players that are deficient in one but good in another area to cover up for others is the way to go, that might just be a way to have roster with a bunch of holes in it. Not good enough offensively or defensively. Dame doesn't create like Giannis or even Khris, him pounding the ball might be better for his box score but might be worse for everybody else if he's looking for his shot first. I think think people assumed it would be a great fit because Dame was a 30 PPGz scorer from the perimeter without considering how the guy would fit into the offense or if he's at all capable or willing to play defense.

Giannis is not going to become an off the ball player 10 years in when he's better than ever, just give up on that concept now. Its a good pairing or its not, Dame has this postseason to prove its worth seeing the next 3 after. Even if he did go off in the playoffs I'd consider trading him honestly, that Miami package is looking pretty damn good in comparison.

That's literally the number 1 model for how to build a contender/winner other than just being able to acquire overhwelming talent like Heatles. Players who mix together, strengths/weakness compliment each other etc in order to cover all areas of the game.

You're judging Dame on this year in this fit and with the worst coach in the league. Dame has and does create like them if not better his whole career. He is not a pound the ball like Harden like you're trying to paint him by any means.

And yea your second paragraphs put it better. Everyone assumed Giannis would embrace this and play off him more. Could be everyone was wrong. What's odd is you're using this to bash Dame when you're literally saying Giannis is the one who won't adjust/tweak his game. Good thing is any coach with a brain should be able to see this should work and they have to coach Giannis up on this or else you're going to repeat the same playoff offensive collapse of the last 4 years as everyone stands and stares at Giannis. Essentially turning one of the best shooting/PnR initiators in NBA history into a spot up shooter. And then we're all gonna blame it on the other players again.

But that was the point, who can we get as the #2 star that will be considered good enough to win it all if we can't get guys who handle the ball since we just have to accept that Giannis won't do anything else? You will have to go for prime Klay/prime KM types and well yea not many of them out there.
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks