ImageImage

Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas - Gallo deciding between Bucks and Clippers

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

Turk Nowitzki
RealGM
And1: 9,980

Re: Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas - Goodbye RoLo 

Post#1901 » by Turk Nowitzki » Thu Feb 15, 2024 5:08 pm

I don't have anything against Gallinari specifically, he's kind of in that veteran Ersan mode where he knows how to operate and does the best he can within his noticeable athletic limitations. It's the best we're going to do on the buyout market, it is what it is. He would be a more effective shooter/floor spacer than the guys we're running out there right now at least.
JimmyTheKid
General Manager
And1: 5,176

Post#1902 » by JimmyTheKid » Thu Feb 15, 2024 5:08 pm

JayMKE wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:You guys are never gonna convince rational Bucks fans to have any sort of buyer's remorse over the Dame trade. Just let it go.

Either we win a championship this year or literally everybody will regret it, especially if Boston makes some noise. I’m not sure its rational to expect a switch to be flipped and for the team to play like he never has before during the playoffs. Regardless I don’t see why anybody would retain him going forward considering his advanced age & being a 1 way player, if the truth is he doesn’t actually want to be here then we need to send him on his way. Right now I think there are legit arguments that the team is better not trading Jrue and I was a fan of acquiring Murray when he was available, those guys in Miami they were offering look pretty good now, its not like Dame was the only choice possible.

We see great shooters turn to **** all the time in Milwaukee, JJ Redick was terrible here and hearing his comments on Milwaukee its not hard to figure out why. Nikola Mirotic left the NBA and country altogether after playing here. So we’re speculating he’s Seasonal Affective Dame now oof

If we win a championship will you say: "Oops my bad, I was just all up in my feels at the time. Please disregard those thousands of critical Dame and Doc posts." More likely it'll be" "see, once Dame stopped sucking and Doc did what I wanted, they finally started playing better!"

The unfortunate thing about "championship or bust," with or without Dame, is the loudest detractors get the field. The optimists get the Bucks. Whats crazy is that there are not more optimists considering we currently have a healthy prime Giannis and most of this roster won a title a few short years ago.

And I'd absolutely love to hear an explanation about "why great shooters turn to **** in Milwaukee" as if this is an actual real life thing. Someone better tell Malik that the final quarter of the season is going to be bruuuuuutal.
Turk Nowitzki
RealGM
And1: 9,980

Post#1903 » by Turk Nowitzki » Thu Feb 15, 2024 5:14 pm

mlloyd10 wrote:Why has Gallinari only played in 6 games? Hurt?

That was his short stint with the Pistons only. He played in 26 additional games with the Wizards before he got traded.
mlloyd10
General Manager
And1: 854

Post#1904 » by mlloyd10 » Thu Feb 15, 2024 5:19 pm

Turk Nowitzki wrote:
mlloyd10 wrote:Why has Gallinari only played in 6 games? Hurt?

That was his short stint with the Pistons only. He played in 26 additional games with the Wizards before he got traded.

Ahh..Thanks
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,649

Post#1905 » by JayMKE » Thu Feb 15, 2024 5:19 pm

JimmyTheKid wrote:
JayMKE wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:You guys are never gonna convince rational Bucks fans to have any sort of buyer's remorse over the Dame trade. Just let it go.

Either we win a championship this year or literally everybody will regret it, especially if Boston makes some noise. I’m not sure its rational to expect a switch to be flipped and for the team to play like he never has before during the playoffs. Regardless I don’t see why anybody would retain him going forward considering his advanced age & being a 1 way player, if the truth is he doesn’t actually want to be here then we need to send him on his way. Right now I think there are legit arguments that the team is better not trading Jrue and I was a fan of acquiring Murray when he was available, those guys in Miami they were offering look pretty good now, its not like Dame was the only choice possible.

We see great shooters turn to **** all the time in Milwaukee, JJ Redick was terrible here and hearing his comments on Milwaukee its not hard to figure out why. Nikola Mirotic left the NBA and country altogether after playing here. So we’re speculating he’s Seasonal Affective Dame now oof

If we win a championship will you say: "Oops my bad, I was just all up in my feels at the time. Please disregard those thousands of critical Dame and Doc posts." More likely it'll be" "see, once Dame stopped sucking and Doc did what I wanted, they finally started playing better!"

The unfortunate thing about "championship or bust," with or without Dame, is the loudest detractors get the field. The optimists get the Bucks. Whats crazy is that there are not more optimists considering we currently have a healthy prime Giannis and most of this roster won a title a few short years ago.

And I'd absolutely love to hear an explanation about "why great shooters turn to **** in Milwaukee" as if this is an actual real life thing. Someone better tell Malik that the final quarter of the season is going to be bruuuuuutal.

Im sorry about blaspheming Dame but ultimately how he preforms in the playoffs this season is only part of the equation for me, I simply have no interest in building the team around him as a core player and think his time as elite player is limited so him getting hot is fine by me since that increases his value in the offseason.

I would imagine there aren't as many optimist since the eye test tells us team is not close as it has been in the past, we're hoping guys elevate themselves to whole other level in the playoffs that they haven't in the RS and Giannis is the only guy I have confidence in doing that. The universe for the Bucks revolves around Giannis, the basement with Giannis make it so you can rearrange the pieces around him pretty easily IMO. I want a younger core, I think it needs to happen ASAP if Giannis is going to finish his career here.
FREE GIANNIS
soxperry
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,988

Post#1906 » by soxperry » Thu Feb 15, 2024 5:29 pm

Gallinari is a no brainer. Still a good shooter. 6'10." Not a guy you are signing for defense. Basically he's an offensive injection for when either Khris or Dame is out. Great, hope they do it.
PG Graveyard
General Manager
And1: 4,609

Post#1907 » by PG Graveyard » Thu Feb 15, 2024 5:33 pm

Gallo would be fine. If Kevin Love can continue to kill us why can’t Gallo help us a little
-Jragon-
Head Coach
And1: 1,668

Post#1908 » by -Jragon- » Thu Feb 15, 2024 5:34 pm

Get him in here Pat B
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 24,006

Re: Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas - Gallo deciding between Bucks and Clippers 

Post#1909 » by Ron Swanson » Thu Feb 15, 2024 5:44 pm

Don't know why the Clippers would be an option for him unless he's fine collecting DNP's like PJ. Fantastic news and I think Gallo ends up here.
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,649

Re: Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas - Gallo deciding between Bucks and Clippers 

Post#1910 » by JayMKE » Thu Feb 15, 2024 5:51 pm

If PatBev is breaking the story then I feel like there has to be something to it. Played with Bev in LA under Doc. IDK how useful he’s gonna be but that’s probably top name available.
FREE GIANNIS
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 24,006

Post#1911 » by Ron Swanson » Thu Feb 15, 2024 5:55 pm

Also makes it kind of a bummer that we couldn't flip Bobby at the deadline for a legit 3&D wing type if we indeed end up with Gallo on the roster. He's the perfect, cheap Bobby replacement, all without those annoying post-up possessions that kill the flow of the offense.
LuessiT
RealGM
And1: 4,691

Post#1912 » by LuessiT » Thu Feb 15, 2024 6:05 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:Also makes it kind of a bummer that we couldn't flip Bobby at the deadline for a legit 3&D wing type if we indeed end up with Gallo on the roster. He's the perfect, cheap Bobby replacement, all without those annoying post-up possessions that kill the flow of the offense.

I feel like some deal with Dallas where we get draft compensation and Grant was out there.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,913

Post#1913 » by emunney » Thu Feb 15, 2024 6:13 pm

Neither here nor there, but checking in on Besson (have not seen him play this year) and he's shooting 21% from deep in the Adriatic League, so, yeah, probably not tracking as a NBA player in the foreseeable future.

Anyway here are some highlights:

Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 21,041

Post#1914 » by Matches Malone » Thu Feb 15, 2024 6:15 pm

LuessiT wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:Also makes it kind of a bummer that we couldn't flip Bobby at the deadline for a legit 3&D wing type if we indeed end up with Gallo on the roster. He's the perfect, cheap Bobby replacement, all without those annoying post-up possessions that kill the flow of the offense.

I feel like some deal with Dallas where we get draft compensation and Grant was out there.

Grant has been balling now too lol
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
ShootingtheJ
General Manager
And1: 4,777

Post#1915 » by ShootingtheJ » Thu Feb 15, 2024 6:25 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:Don't know why the Clippers would be an option for him unless he's fine collecting DNP's like PJ. Fantastic news and I think Gallo ends up here.

The Clippers are desperate for a competent forward, they presently have struggling rookie Kobe Brown in their rotation. The reason PJ doesn't play is because he's beyond terrible.

For this reason, I'm guessing he picks the Clippers. However, our team has better vibes because we're Harden free, and that needs to be our sales pitch.
SupremeHustle
RealGM
And1: 28,666

Post#1916 » by SupremeHustle » Thu Feb 15, 2024 6:26 pm

I met Gallo at a CAA pre-Emmy party a few years ago. That seems like it could be important to know, officers.
jschligs wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't know who the **** SupremeHustle is?
ShootingtheJ
General Manager
And1: 4,777

Post#1917 » by ShootingtheJ » Thu Feb 15, 2024 6:29 pm

LuessiT wrote:

Agree with both of you. Dallas really wanted to address their rebounding. I'm guessing we just couldn't find the PoA defender we wanted with that draft compensation.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,048

Post#1918 » by MickeyDavis » Thu Feb 15, 2024 6:32 pm

Now's the time if we're bringing someone in. Get the paperwork and physical done and be ready when practice resumes next week.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
Shaffty
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,121

Post#1919 » by Shaffty » Thu Feb 15, 2024 7:29 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:Now's the time if we're bringing someone in. Get the paperwork and physical done and be ready when practice resumes next week.

every day you wait saves like 80k in luxury tax lol
stellation
RealGM
And1: 8,961

Post#1920 » by stellation » Thu Feb 15, 2024 7:39 pm

SupremeHustle wrote:I met Gallo at a CAA pre-Emmy party a few years ago. That seems like it could be important to know, officers.

“I don’t want to toot my own horn too much, but I am a pretty big deal in basketball circles. When you’ve been around the league as much as I have you get to know some things. It must be exciting for a fan like you to get to shoot the breeze with me.”

“Oh, cool! My name is Danilo.”
#FreeChuckDiesel

Return to Milwaukee Bucks