ImageImage

PG Suns: Loss

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

soxperry
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,988

Re: PG Suns: Loss 

Post#81 » by soxperry » Wed Feb 7, 2024 2:28 pm

Just want to say.. Im so glad we didnt trade for Beal. What a loser. Doing the "too small" after scoring on guys he should easily score on, just obnoxious. Hes the opposite of the "act like youve been there before" mantra....he is a perfect fit on that team, though, mentally

They are going to have to scrap for parts in the near future, maybe even this offseason.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,684

Post#82 » by WeekapaugGroove » Wed Feb 7, 2024 2:28 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:Not really any takeaways from this one. Boy, do those Phoenix players like to run their mouths though. Even without Jrue here, it's hilarious how much real estate this team owns in Devin Booker's head (I'm told that's how the kids say it these days).
They talk **** to everyone, they've embraced the villain role. I've rooted for the Bucks, Brewers, and Pack for 40 years and the Suns for the past 15 and this is my first time rooting for a team that's totally hated by anyone not directly rooting for them. Fun new experience seeing it from the evil empire side lol

I kind of view the current Bucks and Suns the same way. There are flaws that make me doubt they win 4 playoff series but enough talent where they 'could' win against anyone. They even have some of the same issues; sketchy bench, injury concerns, defensive concerns. I think it's been a really high degree of difficulty coaching job with all the new players and early year injuries but I can't say I've been super impressed with Vogel either.

Sent from my SM-F731U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
sidney lanier
Head Coach
And1: 10,000

Post#83 » by sidney lanier » Wed Feb 7, 2024 2:35 pm

stillgotgame wrote:
msiris wrote:Doc sucks. No AJJ. He is better than Pat.

This times 10.
1-4 so far for Doc. Tough road trip, guys out or injured, perfect time for the young athletic guys to get some burn and raise the energy level. What’s Doc do? Kills their confidence by parking them on the bench.

Dear Diary,

On the bench AGAIN tonight! My confidence has been totally killed. How did I ever make it to the NBA? Do I even belong here?

Note to self: check on those convertible debentures with Oscar tomorrow. Also, confirm shoe deal.

A.
"The Bucks in six always. That's for the culture." -- B. Jennings
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 21,039

Post#84 » by Matches Malone » Wed Feb 7, 2024 2:36 pm

pifhluk23 wrote:I get why Doc is playing Pat, returning to his old self would help the team so much. He's 31 and relies 100% on athleticism though, he might be done.

Yeah, I don't think it's a confidence issue at this point. His legs just looked cooked and he can't move laterally as well anymore. There's no shame in it, Father time comes for us all, but hopefully, Doc realizes that sooner than later with him.
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
Wonka
General Manager
And1: 4,789

Post#85 » by Wonka » Wed Feb 7, 2024 2:45 pm

Ryan5UW wrote:
Read on Twitter

This is genuinely terrifying. Pat needs to be gone yesterday.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,288

Post#86 » by paulpressey25 » Wed Feb 7, 2024 2:56 pm

Know people want to see MarJon and Ajax. But I’d save the bitching for a month from now.

This is trade deadline week. We’ve got some vets that Doc needs to see how they play, before he signs off on trading them. That’s why you saw a lot of Bobby, Pat and Jae this week.

And it has the bonus of keeping some mystique about MarJon and Ajax as it relates to any trade value they’d have.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,746

Post#87 » by chonestown » Wed Feb 7, 2024 3:09 pm

Robin is really bad. Would rather have Robin Colcord.
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”
-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

"Poor as a mouse every morning/Rich as a cat every night."
-DCB
msiris
RealGM
And1: 1,745

Post#88 » by msiris » Wed Feb 7, 2024 3:12 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:Know people want to see MarJon and Ajax. But I’d save the bitching for a month from now.

This is trade deadline week. We’ve got some vets that Doc needs to see how they play, before he signs off on trading them. That’s why you saw a lot of Bobby, Pat and Jae this week.

And it has the bonus of keeping some mystique about MarJon and Ajax as it relates to any trade value they’d have.
Pat has been bad and every here knows it except Rivers.
Ride the tank
CharityStripe34
General Manager
And1: 5,742

Post#89 » by CharityStripe34 » Wed Feb 7, 2024 3:13 pm

Translation: Trying to market Pat for a trade?
"Wes, Hill, Ibaka, Allen, Nwora, Brook, Pat, Ingles, Khris are all slow-mo, injury prone ... a sandcastle waiting for playoff wave to get wrecked. A castle with no long-range archers... is destined to fall. That is all I have to say."-- FOTIS
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,048

Post#90 » by MickeyDavis » Wed Feb 7, 2024 3:22 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:Know people want to see MarJon and Ajax. But I’d save the bitching for a month from now.

Bingo
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
Perishable517
Analyst
And1: 1,950

Post#91 » by Perishable517 » Wed Feb 7, 2024 3:22 pm

bucksfansince88 wrote:
El Pooch Grande wrote:Does this Bucks season have any realistic chance at succeeding?

Feels like a team ready to implode honestly and Horst is about to make another desperate hail mary without a real plan or identity in mind
When has he done that without a plan in mind?

Sent from my CPH2417 using RealGM mobile app
" If you take away the alc l r g on Malcolm Brogdon is Mom Bod :("
- emunney

"I’d place the phone directly between my cheeks while I let one rip right in John Hammond’s ear."
- BroncoBuck
CharityStripe34
General Manager
And1: 5,742

Post#92 » by CharityStripe34 » Wed Feb 7, 2024 3:30 pm

blazza18 wrote:The Giannis minutes are a bit of a concern. A lot of wear and tear on his body atm.

What's worst is potentially wasting an all-time great season by him. Massive carry-job considering how we look when he sits.
"Wes, Hill, Ibaka, Allen, Nwora, Brook, Pat, Ingles, Khris are all slow-mo, injury prone ... a sandcastle waiting for playoff wave to get wrecked. A castle with no long-range archers... is destined to fall. That is all I have to say."-- FOTIS
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 24,006

Post#93 » by Ron Swanson » Wed Feb 7, 2024 3:40 pm

We should all be hoping that these last 3-4 games were just "showcase season" because I certainly didn't expect Doc to look like Nick Nurse out there running Giannis into the ground. We've basically been running a 7-8 man rotation since he took over from Prunty.
stillgotgame
Analyst
And1: 1,970

Post#94 » by stillgotgame » Wed Feb 7, 2024 3:45 pm

sidney lanier wrote:
stillgotgame wrote:
msiris wrote:Doc sucks. No AJJ. He is better than Pat.

This times 10.
1-4 so far for Doc. Tough road trip, guys out or injured, perfect time for the young athletic guys to get some burn and raise the energy level. What’s Doc do? Kills their confidence by parking them on the bench.

Dear Diary,

On the bench AGAIN tonight! My confidence has been totally killed. How did I ever make it to the NBA? Do I even belong here?

Note to self: check on those convertible debentures with Oscar tomorrow. Also, confirm shoe deal.

A.

lol, nice. I’m certainly not as eloquent but I’ll attempt to explain my point.

Since Bud has been here we’ve developed exactly zero young players. We’re old and slow.
Good that Doc is at least trying with AJ Green.

I live in South Florida. I hear about and see all the time how great Coach Spo is developing young guys. Confidence is what young players need and that’s what he gives them.
kanyon
Junior
And1: 232

Post#95 » by kanyon » Wed Feb 7, 2024 3:47 pm

bucksfansince88 wrote:
TroyD92 wrote:Seems like giving players contracts based on their siblings importance to the team is not a good idea.

I’d cut thanasis and Rolo immediately. Without remorse gave this joker a charity contract for years and an NBA championship. We’ve done enough for TA and Giannis needs to understand that

Not to be that guy, but RoLo wasn't on the Chip team. I still think he should be replaced with a better player despite whatever antics/morale boost he provides in shoot arounds. Thanasis is totally a wasted spot also.

Gets confusing but RoLo, Matthews, Hill etc weren't on that team despite multiple Bucks stints sandwiching the chip year.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 24,006

Post#96 » by Ron Swanson » Wed Feb 7, 2024 3:47 pm

FWIW, Andre is one of only three 2nd-round picks from this last draft that's logged more than 400-minutes. The other two (Jackson-Davis, Camara) are playing for lottery teams. So maybe the "they don't play the young guys enough" gripe, like usual, is exaggerated.
JimmyTheKid
General Manager
And1: 5,176

Post#97 » by JimmyTheKid » Wed Feb 7, 2024 3:57 pm

We have much bigger problems if Doc doesn't already know which potential outgoing players he needs to "sign off on." What are one or two games going to do? Like if Pat/Jae/Bobby/Robin/Cam have an up or down night will that change anything? No. Doc should know exactly what these guys bring to the table, individually, and as part of this currently constructed roster.

I'm just personally frustrated-complaining, and not really bitching yet. Because Doc is obviously trying to win games here, not just pump up vet trade value. Otherwise Giannis wouldn't be playing 40 minutes at the tail end of a brutal stretch of west coast road basketball.
JimmyTheKid
General Manager
And1: 5,176

Post#98 » by JimmyTheKid » Wed Feb 7, 2024 3:58 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:We should all be hoping that these last 3-4 games were just "showcase season" because I certainly didn't expect Doc to look like Nick Nurse out there running Giannis into the ground. We've basically been running a 7-8 man rotation since he took over from Prunty.

Yeah. This.
sidney lanier
Head Coach
And1: 10,000

Post#99 » by sidney lanier » Wed Feb 7, 2024 4:00 pm

stillgotgame wrote:
sidney lanier wrote:
stillgotgame wrote:
This times 10.

Dear Diary,

A.

lol, nice. I’m certainly not as eloquent but I’ll attempt to explain my point.

Since Bud has been here we’ve developed exactly zero young players. We’re old and slow.
Good that Doc is at least trying with AJ Green.

I live in South Florida. I hear about and see all the time how great Coach Spo is developing young guys. Confidence is what young players need and that’s what he gives them.

I know, and sorry to be a little sarcastic. I don't know exactly what Doc has in mind for Marjon and AJJ, and it is a little weird that they can't find their way onto the court for even a few meaningful minutes, but I assume he's a man with a plan. And yes, this organization has been weak in developing young talent, but that's kind of a function of the veteran composition of the roster.

We're in a trial phase right now, and I'm willing to withhold judgment until we get a better feel for what this current regime has in mind.
"The Bucks in six always. That's for the culture." -- B. Jennings
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,684

Post#100 » by WeekapaugGroove » Wed Feb 7, 2024 4:04 pm

I don't think 'showcase' season is a thing. Like I don't think some GM is suddenly giving up more for a guy because he has a good night in a random February game the week of the deadline.

Sent from my SM-F731U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks