ImageImage

PG Wolves: Loss

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

Bucksmaniac
Analyst
And1: 1,001

Re: PG Wolves: Loss 

Post#101 » by Bucksmaniac » Fri Feb 9, 2024 2:58 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:Sorry, I just can't muster any sort of outrage or critique of this roster based on this one. Shoutout to the people in the game thread calling the season in early February without half our starting lineup though. "Just gonna post through it" is certainly a valid coping strategy if you indeed think a team with two All-NBA players is already toast.

Cleveland has done it with injuries galore, they put together an 8 game winning streak or something without Garland and Allen, we would have no hope of doing the same without two regular starters. Just a bunch of rosy, excuse making comments from a lot of you.
SirChurros
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,821

Post#102 » by SirChurros » Fri Feb 9, 2024 3:03 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:Sorry, I just can't muster any sort of outrage or critique of this roster based on this one. Shoutout to the people in the game thread calling the season in early February without half our starting lineup though. "Just gonna post through it" is certainly a valid coping strategy if you indeed think a team with two All-NBA players is already toast.

At what point is concern valid to you? At what point do nagging injuries become a concern? At what point does not looking good even when we roll with a fully healthy lineup worry you?

It was only December, then it was only January, now it's only February. And all you have to point to is, "BUT TWO ALL-NBA PLAYERS!!!"

There's optimism and then there's blind faith.
German Athens
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,067

Post#103 » by German Athens » Fri Feb 9, 2024 3:17 pm

So, we know depth matters a ton for regular season success. It helps you weather injuries, gives you solid impact when your stars go out, and potentially gives you more lineup versatility. We’ve seen it here in 2019 and 2020.

We had brogdon, hill, Donte, Mirotic, ersan all after our top 4 in 2019.

Then hill, Donte, Wes, Marvin, in 2020.

Hill was one of the best bench players in the league those two seasons with us. That matters.

We’re not that team anymore. We’re not at that part of the cycle anymore where not everyone has been paid. We also saw the limitations with those teams when the playoffs came. The bench didn’t matter as much, and more of the onus was on our best players. We’ve since given more assets to improve our top-end talent at the expense of depth. It makes sense, and it’s a good move.

The cavs, or minny, or NY aren’t in the situation where they’ve been contending for 6 seasons and had to shell out top dollar to keep their core intact. Of course they can weather injuries. They have depth. It doesn’t necessarily make them better suited for playoff success, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 24,007

Post#104 » by Ron Swanson » Fri Feb 9, 2024 3:19 pm

You guys seriously expected this team to not struggle with a new coach coming in 2-weeks ago, while going through easily the most brutal portion of the schedule and laundry list of contenders and playoff teams (Denver x2, Cleveland, Minnesota, Phoenix, Miami), on multiple B2B's, all without 2-3 of their best 4 players for the majority of that stretch? Cool.

Miss me with the lame "apologist/homer" stuff. You couldn't find a bigger Griff critic from Day 1 than me, and I question what people are even watching if they can't see the obvious improvements looking past the final box score since he was fired. It's all about getting healthy and getting the offense back on track at this point.
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,755

Post#105 » by chonestown » Fri Feb 9, 2024 3:41 pm

Profound23 wrote:
chonestown wrote:
fan230 wrote:I wonder bow true this is:

https://deadspin.com/doc-rivers-giannis-antetokounmpo-nba-damian-lillard-1851239960

If true, not a good sign about the Thibs like direction of Doc.

Zombie deadspin, bro. It's a content mill at this point.

Bad look too tar Doc as Thibs-like while the Knicks are surgeon.imo

If this is true then it's basically like we hired Nurse, which is who most people wanted anyways.

That too! But also: zombie deadspin. You can't have media literacy without examining the source. Deadspin is an immediate flag and this dude's work history is less than decorated.
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”
-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

"Poor as a mouse every morning/Rich as a cat every night."
-DCB
raysbookclub
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,185

Post#106 » by raysbookclub » Fri Feb 9, 2024 3:46 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:You guys seriously expected this team to not struggle with a new coach coming in 2-weeks ago, while going through easily the most brutal portion of the schedule and laundry list of contenders and playoff teams (Denver x2, Cleveland, Minnesota, Phoenix, Miami), on multiple B2B's, all without 2-3 of their best 4 players for the majority of that stretch? Cool.

Miss me with the lame "apologist/homer" stuff. You couldn't find a bigger Griff critic from Day 1 than me, and I question what people are even watching if they can't see the obvious improvements looking past the final box score since he was fired. It's all about getting healthy and getting the offense back on track at this point.

Yes. Same for national pundits, it's easy to pick on the Bucks during this stretch. Who cares what they look like now. The Doc move, the Pat Beverley move, and hopefully more moves to come with rotations (please please please stop playing Beasley next to Dame and please more time for AJJ) are all for how the team will look during the playoffs.
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,653

Post#107 » by JayMKE » Fri Feb 9, 2024 3:47 pm

I never understood the vitriol and piling on directed at Doc Rivers, like he might not be the GOAT coach & even perhaps "overrated" but too many losers in the world only have schadenfreude to live for and just regurgitate these cold unoriginal hot takes. The casual NBA smark has opinions on Doc Rivers like weirdos think hating on Nickleback is some original thought, just shut the **** up.
FREE GIANNIS
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,684

Post#108 » by WeekapaugGroove » Fri Feb 9, 2024 3:53 pm

JayMKE wrote:I never understood the vitriol and piling on directed at Doc Rivers, like he might not be the GOAT coach & even perhaps "overrated" but too many losers in the world only have schadenfreude to live for and just regurgitate these cold unoriginal hot takes. The casual NBA smark has opinions on Doc Rivers like weirdos think hating on Nickleback is some original thought, just shut the **** up.
Isn't it just a sports thing where fans absolutely love to take snarky shots at franchises they don't root for. Like I think some people enjoy that more than even rooting for their own team.

Sent from my SM-F731U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,643

Post#109 » by Profound23 » Fri Feb 9, 2024 8:03 pm

JayMKE wrote:I never understood the vitriol and piling on directed at Doc Rivers, like he might not be the GOAT coach & even perhaps "overrated" but too many losers in the world only have schadenfreude to live for and just regurgitate these cold unoriginal hot takes. The casual NBA smark has opinions on Doc Rivers like weirdos think hating on Nickleback is some original thought, just shut the **** up.

Also, we had a very easy schedule under Griff, barely beating the worst teams with a couple of big wins. Now we are facing good teams and losing while adjusting to a new coach, with injured players.

Still have months to get this together.

And none of this matters, cuz we are winning the title.
raysbookclub
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,185

Post#110 » by raysbookclub » Fri Feb 9, 2024 9:23 pm

Btw, this jacket!

Read on Twitter
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,141

Post#111 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Fri Feb 9, 2024 9:43 pm

Hating on Nickelback music is more subjective and people can choose to listen to or not listen to Nicleback.

I'm not sure the takes you are seeing, but the guy has a track record of underperforming in the playoffs blowing big leads. He also predictably throws his own guys under the bus and never seems to take accountability. (ie "you wouldn't ask doc that question/ive earned it" or the recent clip of excuses he gave for our record). Maybe it is way over the top like casuals hopping on Embiid for "ducking" when he was obviously legitimately hurt and then pivoting the hate to him caring too much about the MVP, but IMHO I don't think Doc deserves much rope in the eyes of an average NBA fan and get why some people think its hilarious we even hired him.

ETA: I'm not commenting on Doc's current performance as Bucks HC. I'm fully willing to give him through R1 before I judge him here. I just hated him as an option in the summer and not happy we forced ourselves into him in January. (Would've liked KA or Stotts or insert another name here)
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,653

Post#112 » by JayMKE » Fri Feb 9, 2024 10:00 pm

Doc wasn't my choice either, I just can't stand the revisionism on Griffin and dogpiling from people who clearly have no clue what they were talking about and don't watch games. Its a two way street with Doc getting thrown under the bus rather than CP3, Blake Griffin, Embiid, Harden, Ben Simmons, part time Kawhi/PG. Raptor homers still love Griffin apparently, its bizarre.
FREE GIANNIS
MiltownMadness
Starter
And1: 993

Post#113 » by MiltownMadness » Sat Feb 10, 2024 5:48 am

raysbookclub wrote:Btw, this jacket!

Read on Twitter

Dude is prob so happy Bobby didn't get traded, just have those big ass eyes looking at him every time he looks in his fukking closet

Return to Milwaukee Bucks