ImageImage

PG Wolves: Loss

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

Chad34
RealGM
And1: 5,215

Re: PG Wolves: Loss 

Post#41 » by Chad34 » Fri Feb 9, 2024 3:46 am

FrieAaron wrote:Knew this one was a likely loss going in but was hoping it'd be a bit more entertaining. AJ has earned Pat's minutes. We have a 22 year old pg on a 2 way averaging 27/7/8 in the g league right now also who for some reason we'd rather not give minutes to

FREE TYTY!! He looks like a player. Why are the people making decisions so blind and/or stubborn to the detriment of the team. Bet Spo would use him
Turk Nowitzki
RealGM
And1: 9,980

Post#42 » by Turk Nowitzki » Fri Feb 9, 2024 3:46 am

mediocrityrules wrote:We all thought that we were one trade away from being a true contender.

That's out the window now. There is no reason to believe that we are a contender with our current construction. We needed to make moves at the trade deadline and didn't. That's going to haunt us through the back end of this season as we flounder at around .500 with one of the hardest schedules remaining of any team.

I mean if Dame and Khris are healthy and playing well we're absolutely still a contender. A favorite, no, but a contender, yes.
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,885

Post#43 » by blazza18 » Fri Feb 9, 2024 3:47 am

stillgotgame wrote:Doc has been an easy target while coaching 4-5 other teams though. It’s like this board thinks he’s suddenly going to be better because he’s coaching for us.
I don’t get it.

Oh the blind optimism from some after hiring him was crazy talk. But my take is let him actually fail here first before putting the knife in. Our current predicament has very little to do with him.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
worthlessBucks
RealGM
And1: 4,833

Post#44 » by worthlessBucks » Fri Feb 9, 2024 3:49 am

I don’t wish this on anyone.
Go Bucks!
mediocrityrules
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,037

Post#45 » by mediocrityrules » Fri Feb 9, 2024 3:50 am

Thanasis belongs nowhere near an NBA basketball court. I'm sick of his theatrics in the game. He just looks ridiculous trying these weird trick shots that never have a hope of dropping. He can cheer and wave a towel from the third row.
Circling calendars since 2021
Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 41,977

Post#46 » by Prez » Fri Feb 9, 2024 3:51 am

It's brutal seeing the title window closing in real time. The moment the trade deadline passed and Pat/Bobby were still on the roster, we didn't get a wing defender, or a combo forward to better unlock Giannis at the 5, or a backup big that isn’t a defensive abomination, and the “POA defender” we got was a 35 year old Pat Bev, my optimism pretty much died.
mediocrityrules
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,037

Post#47 » by mediocrityrules » Fri Feb 9, 2024 3:51 am

Turk Nowitzki wrote:
mediocrityrules wrote:We all thought that we were one trade away from being a true contender.

That's out the window now. There is no reason to believe that we are a contender with our current construction. We needed to make moves at the trade deadline and didn't. That's going to haunt us through the back end of this season as we flounder at around .500 with one of the hardest schedules remaining of any team.

I mean if Dame and Khris are healthy and playing well we're absolutely still a contender. A favorite, no, but a contender, yes.

Dame playing well and Khris healthy? You're asking a hell of a lot for this season. I just don't see it happening.
Circling calendars since 2021
BroncoBuck
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,689

Post#48 » by BroncoBuck » Fri Feb 9, 2024 3:53 am

This is why it hurt so much riding the Griff situation out as long as we did. Griff had all offseason to coach these guys in practice. There’s way less practice in season. Any new coach (in our case Doc) was already coming in with one arm tied behind their back. We’ve already seen Doc make simple changes to improve the defense, but any larger changes are going to take more time. If we cut bait on Griff earlier when it was clearly an inevitable disaster, this team would be much further along.

One of the things Pat Bev mentioned on his pod when talking with Beas was that assistant coach Rex Kalamian runs the defense and he knows that scheme. That’s big, because he can also help the rest of the team grasp it quicker.

Of course, being healthy would be a massive help as well, but that’s just not how Bucks basketball ever seems to work.
fansinceforever
Analyst
And1: 1,914

Post#49 » by fansinceforever » Fri Feb 9, 2024 3:53 am

At this point, let's get a look at TyTy. We definitely won't get to but at this point, why tf not?
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,048

Post#50 » by MickeyDavis » Fri Feb 9, 2024 3:54 am

BroncoBuck wrote:
tsamo wrote:Really hope some of our younger guys convinced Doc to play them some more minutes. They are not perfect by any means, but they can contribute, especially when we are low on starters...

Also Beasley is currently on the 7th game of him being a black hole. On these 7 games he's taking 8.1 3pa on 28%... While being a 10 ppg player on 34fg%.

Might as well start Pat Bev.

Jackson played nearly 20 minutes tonight. You wouldn’t know it because he didn’t contribute anything. He wasn’t far off from a club trillion.

AJ Green is our best young player. He at least has one elite skill. The other two simply do not.

Maybe the Bucks will call Livingston back up for the Hornets game tomorrow.

Yup, Green is the only youngster who has earned regular rotation minutes. Crowder was having to explain defense to AJJ on the court. I think he'll keep developing though. MarJon is a nothing burger.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
Turk Nowitzki
RealGM
And1: 9,980

Post#51 » by Turk Nowitzki » Fri Feb 9, 2024 3:54 am

mediocrityrules wrote:
Turk Nowitzki wrote:

Dame playing well and Khris healthy? You're asking a hell of a lot for this season. I just don't see it happening.

Well Khris was healthy and playing well up until 2 games ago. The Dame piece hasn't come around yet and its been incredibly frustrating but no, with his track record I don't think it's asking for a "hell of a lot".
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,048

Post#52 » by MickeyDavis » Fri Feb 9, 2024 3:55 am

Traffic on this board is going to plummet with so many giving up and bailing.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
MissKhriddleton
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,189

Post#53 » by MissKhriddleton » Fri Feb 9, 2024 3:55 am

Not a terrible loss considering we were missing our 2nd most important player, our 4th most important player, and Khris.
fansinceforever
Analyst
And1: 1,914

Post#54 » by fansinceforever » Fri Feb 9, 2024 3:56 am

Horst should be pulled off draft evaluation and final selection duties this off-season. He's done in that dept.
Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 41,977

Post#55 » by Prez » Fri Feb 9, 2024 3:57 am

Also, getting real tired of this organization basically wiping its ass with two-way deals. Literally didn't have an active PG, no Khris, and still didn't even bother calling up TyTy to give him a shot. They'd rather start a washed Pat at PG and leave Giannis out to dry with no ball handler at any point in the game than actually use their two way PG in the one game they actually needed a PG.

Signed Lindell for multiple deals despite anyone with functioning eyes knowing he was never gonna be anything worthwhile. We now have 1 two-way guy (who they didn't play in the one game they could've used someone like him), and two empty spots. Every other team in the league has all 3 spots covered except Brooklyn, with 2/3.
ShootingtheJ
General Manager
And1: 4,777

Post#56 » by ShootingtheJ » Fri Feb 9, 2024 3:57 am

blazza18 wrote:Nothing gets fanbases on their feet quite like white guys who can shoot lmao.

That, and he's our best defensive guard.
MrHoneycutt
Starter
And1: 2,444

Post#57 » by MrHoneycutt » Fri Feb 9, 2024 3:59 am

Prez wrote:Also, getting real tired of this organization basically wiping its ass with two-way deals. Literally didn't have an active PG, no Khris, and still didn't even bother calling up TyTy to give him a shot. They'd rather start a washed Pat at PG and leave Giannis out to dry with no ball handler at any point in the game than actually use their two way PG in the one game they actually needed a PG.

Signed Lindell for multiple deals despite anyone with functioning eyes knowing he was never gonna be anything worthwhile. We now have 1 two-way guy (who they didn't play in the one game they could've used someone like him), and two empty spots. Every other team in the league has all 3 spots covered except Brooklyn, with 2/3.

such a great point. what is the deal with this?
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,885

Post#58 » by blazza18 » Fri Feb 9, 2024 4:01 am

ShootingtheJ wrote:
blazza18 wrote:Nothing gets fanbases on their feet quite like white guys who can shoot lmao.

That, and he's our best defensive guard.

He's been really solid on that end and I also think he's done the simple things well offensively too. But making a bunch of threes in garbage time is what gets the juices flowing.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
wallus
Rookie
And1: 1,191

Post#59 » by wallus » Fri Feb 9, 2024 4:02 am

How I feel right now:

BucksFanSD
Veteran
And1: 1,365

Post#60 » by BucksFanSD » Fri Feb 9, 2024 4:05 am

We really need to see what we have in Green, MarJon, and AJJ. Play them all a lot with the Big 3. Nothing to lose.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks