ImageImage

PG Hornets: PP and MD Asleep at the Wheel

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

German Athens
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,066

Re: PG Hornets: PP and MD Asleep at the Wheel 

Post#61 » by German Athens » Sat Feb 10, 2024 1:53 pm

Man, I hope Gallo loved his time with Doc before, and he decides to come our way.
kanyon
Junior
And1: 232

Post#62 » by kanyon » Sat Feb 10, 2024 2:26 pm

mediocrityrules wrote:
tedbrogen wrote:PatBev’s postgame presser was legit hilarious.

There is one sweater in each suitcase.
Neuromancer56
Rookie
And1: 1,054

Post#63 » by Neuromancer56 » Sat Feb 10, 2024 2:38 pm

The gif:
Read on Twitter

He even grabs his nuts at the end. Clearly giving it all for his new team.
Neuromancer56
Rookie
And1: 1,054

Post#64 » by Neuromancer56 » Sat Feb 10, 2024 2:50 pm

mediocrityrules wrote:
tedbrogen wrote:PatBev’s postgame presser was legit hilarious.

This dude is a **** force of nature. You can even feel the intensity in his interviews.
soxperry
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,988

Post#65 » by soxperry » Sat Feb 10, 2024 2:52 pm

Pat Bev is going to piss some people off and it's not going to take long

He came in here the very opposite of how Dame came in, no surprise that they butt heads. Dame is a guy who is very careful about his words, he probably thinks of Pat Bev as a fool. He's not totally wrong, and i think there's a reason that Pat has bounced around to so many different teams recently. Shelf life. But for now, it's very fun.

Its so weird that no one really talked about us shoring up our greatest defensive weakness on trade deadline day, but we did it.
German Athens
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,066

Post#66 » by German Athens » Sat Feb 10, 2024 3:12 pm

Brook has had a positive EPM in every game since Griff got canned. That’s the big difference thus far. Griff was actively negating one of our best defensive assets by repeatedly playing to his weaknesses.

There’s definitely a discussion to be had about moving to more versatile personnel, but that’s for the off-season, and a coach should realize their job is to maximize the current roster.
MissKhriddleton
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,189

Post#67 » by MissKhriddleton » Sat Feb 10, 2024 3:13 pm

Turk Nowitzki wrote:
MissKhriddleton wrote:24-3 when Dame scores 25 or more.

20-2 when Dame shoots 45% or better.

We can still be really good if he ever figures out how to shoot threes again.

Yeah he just needs to regress to the mean. And we know he’s someone that lives for the moment, doesn’t shy away, so I very much believe he will hit another level as we get into the postseason. It will be much easier to put personal woes aside and focus on basketball in April than in the frozen hell on earth that is January/February.

Combine that with an overall improvement on offense under Doc and drastically better defense and I am aggressively optimistic about this team’s chances. Although as I said before, I would not be surprised at anything.
GoldenAntlers
General Manager
And1: 4,519

Post#68 » by GoldenAntlers » Sat Feb 10, 2024 3:18 pm

Had to miss the game, but I already love Bev. Another dude I wanted on the team for awhile.
"Silence is a source of great strength." - Lao Tzu
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,746

Post#69 » by chonestown » Sat Feb 10, 2024 3:27 pm

blazza18 wrote:Congrats to Beasley for s orching the nets tonight

lesbo mets clap clap clap cla[ c;a[ clap
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”
-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

"Poor as a mouse every morning/Rich as a cat every night."
-DCB
MoreTrife
Head Coach
And1: 2,384

Post#70 » by MoreTrife » Sat Feb 10, 2024 3:38 pm

German Athens wrote:Brook has had a positive EPM in every game since Griff got canned. That’s the big difference thus far. Griff was actively negating one of our best defensive assets by repeatedly playing to his weaknesses.

There’s definitely a discussion to be had about moving to more versatile personnel, but that’s for the off-season, and a coach should realize their job is to maximize the current roster.

I guarantee Brook was one of the players that hated Griffin the most. He's such a smart defensive player AG must have driven him mad.
Shaffty
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,121

Post#71 » by Shaffty » Sat Feb 10, 2024 3:39 pm

MoreTrife wrote:
German Athens wrote:Brook has had a positive EPM in every game since Griff got canned. That’s the big difference thus far. Griff was actively negating one of our best defensive assets by repeatedly playing to his weaknesses.

I guarantee Brook was one of the players that hated Griffin the most. He's such a smart defensive player AG must have driven him mad.

100% hated him. I wonder how much of his 'fall off' was just like... not giving 100% effort for a coach you hate
soxperry
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,988

Post#72 » by soxperry » Sat Feb 10, 2024 3:56 pm

i'm way more concerned about Brook on offense than defense. Feel like he's taken a step down this year. He used to be so good getting to his spots and now it feels like a struggle every time. It was such a cheat code during our best seasons.
GoldenAntlers
General Manager
And1: 4,519

Post#73 » by GoldenAntlers » Sat Feb 10, 2024 4:33 pm

Watched the game recap, I know it was garbage time, but I was happy to see Tyty get some burn.
"Silence is a source of great strength." - Lao Tzu
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,338

Post#74 » by crkone » Sat Feb 10, 2024 4:34 pm

soxperry wrote:i'm way more concerned about Brook on offense than defense. Feel like he's taken a step down this year. He used to be so good getting to his spots and now it feels like a struggle every time. It was such a cheat code during our best seasons.

Might be a Too Many Cooks situation. He's like 5th option every time he's on the floor so he gets the leftovers.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
-Jragon-
Head Coach
And1: 1,668

Post#75 » by -Jragon- » Sat Feb 10, 2024 5:07 pm

Pat Bev is a mix of Jrue and PJ.. great add.. if he mentors any young guys to play better 3/D that's gravy. I wish KM would take some notes.

Also, I hope AJJ showed Doc a little to get some rotation while KM is out and minutes are available.
jimmybones
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,771

Post#76 » by jimmybones » Sat Feb 10, 2024 5:43 pm

PBE - Pat Bev Energy feel free to use no big deal
-Jragon-
Head Coach

Post#77 » by -Jragon- » Sat Feb 10, 2024 6:13 pm

MissKhriddleton wrote:
Turk Nowitzki wrote:
MissKhriddleton wrote:24-3 when Dame scores 25 or more.

20-2 when Dame shoots 45% or better.

We can still be really good if he ever figures out how to shoot threes again.

Yeah he just needs to regress to the mean. And we know he’s someone that lives for the moment, doesn’t shy away, so I very much believe he will hit another level as we get into the postseason. It will be much easier to put personal woes aside and focus on basketball in April than in the frozen hell on earth that is January/February.

Combine that with an overall improvement on offense under Doc and drastically better defense and I am aggressively optimistic about this team’s chances. Although as I said before, I would not be surprised at anything.

Regress to his mean? :o

We should not care about means or regressing. We need to learn how to fire up that engine even more.
We don't care about regular season stats. We were up like 15 points with 6 minutes left vs Miami several times and the men we had to play the backcourt shrunk, turned it over, missed wide open shots, etc. That's what Dame is here for.. he rises at those moments. Our guards couldn't create when the pressure is on and then stage lights were brightest in those last 6 minutes.

Big moments, big games. If Dame scoring and being involved makes us win 90% of our games, then getting him those touches/points should be one of the top priorities. Close your eyes once and imagine Jrue or KMs best game ever... now picture Dame scoring 70 last year on some team. As a team, we need to learn how to create that magic for him and Giannis and let it spill into the playoffs. I saw it before.. remember when Kobe and Shaq had their inside out triangle working just right.. didn't they almost sweep their way to the finals? This isn't about regressing or means bro.. this is about creating that magic with those 2 men and everyone around them just doing their part and hearing it up at the right time. We need that magic to win make 12 times to get us in the finals 16 times and we win it all. KM is honestly irrelevant and should shut up and sit in the corner and wait to be open. Then run back on D and try not to be a traffic cone. Anything else and he shouldn't play the last 6 minutes; bring in the defense and gell guys that hit big 3s in big moments.
-Jragon-
Head Coach

Post#78 » by -Jragon- » Sat Feb 10, 2024 6:17 pm

Did you guys see Pat Bev with the clipboard talking to Brook.. he doesn't waste time.. i think his message of.. time is running out i wanna win will play well here with this group
RogerMurdock
Analyst
And1: 6,614

Post#79 » by RogerMurdock » Sat Feb 10, 2024 6:18 pm

Lineups with Pat Bev and Bobby will be so much fun to watch. Trolling in stereo.
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,648

Post#80 » by JayMKE » Sat Feb 10, 2024 6:35 pm

PatBev would have been a good pick up last year even so his prior association with Doc puts it on another level of fit
FREE GIANNIS

Return to Milwaukee Bucks