ImageImage

PG Nuggets: Former Champs Whip Current Champs

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

randy84
RealGM
And1: 6,423

Re: PG Nuggets: Former Champs Whip Current Champs 

Post#81 » by randy84 » Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:53 am

Prez wrote:Gotta fire this one off before larger sample size + regression kills it for me lol.

Dame/Giannis/Brook have a +31.3 net rating since Griffin got fired. That #1 in the league out of 284 total 3-man lineups with 100+ minutes in that span.

Bucks are also 6th in the league in DRTG post Griffin firing. Doc/Joerger may have transformed this team.

Throw Beasley in there and they are at +31.8.
-Jragon-
Head Coach
And1: 1,668

Post#82 » by -Jragon- » Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:54 am

Actually there was a poll... some of us voted for AJ to start during preseason.. I think I voted AJJ
KidA24
General Manager
And1: 7,430

Post#83 » by KidA24 » Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:55 am

BUCKnation wrote:
Ruben Quevedo wrote:AJ Green is not just passable on defense, he’s a legitimately good perimeter defender. He stonewalled Clarkson in Utah several times when everyone else was getting cooked, and he walled off Murray tonight on at least one occasion. He’s a good athlete, moves his feet really well and shows his hands to the ref.

This kid can play.

Its been funny to see guys go at him and he just stays strong and stays in front of them.

He's okay one on one, he plays defense with his chest like Jrue. He still dies on screens almost as bad as Giannis.

Come playoffs he'll get targeted, hopefully he keeps improving.
Amos Barshad: "So you got a job, a place to live, a license? What’s left?"

Giannis: “Nothing. Just get a ring now.”
-Jragon-
Head Coach
And1: 1,668

Post#84 » by -Jragon- » Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:55 am

KidA24 wrote:
-Jragon- wrote:I think we're about to go on a run. I'll be a good boy; I won't post 8-1, 9-1, etc after each win.

Is this team more likely to win a title with Khris Middleton or Jae Crowder playing more minutes?

Lol

I choose not to answer that right now
GoldenAntlers
General Manager
And1: 4,519

Post#85 » by GoldenAntlers » Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:57 am

Karsenmitsche wrote:Can we please stop pretending this has anything to do with Pat Bev and nothing to do with the work the coaching staff has been doing? Transition approach on off/def alone is night and day difference. Communication/connectivity is something we haven't seen all year.
It can be both.
"Silence is a source of great strength." - Lao Tzu
randy84
RealGM

Post#86 » by randy84 » Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:01 am

randy84 wrote:
Prez wrote:Gotta fire this one off before larger sample size + regression kills it for me lol.

Dame/Giannis/Brook have a +31.3 net rating since Griffin got fired. That #1 in the league out of 284 total 3-man lineups with 100+ minutes in that span.

Bucks are also 6th in the league in DRTG post Griffin firing. Doc/Joerger may have transformed this team.

Throw Beasley in there and they are at +31.8.

Throw in a 5-man lineup of Lopez, Giannis, Crowder, Dame, and Beasley minimum 50 mins and they are a +58.2.
Next closest is Curry, Green, Podziemski, Kuminga, and Wiggins at +37.5.
Plossum
General Manager
And1: 4,985

Post#87 » by Plossum » Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:07 am

randy84 wrote:Image

Continues.

Is this the new Aqua Dagger?
#LockUpChuck
Ruben Quevedo
Pro Prospect
And1: 481

Post#88 » by Ruben Quevedo » Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:13 am

BUCKnation wrote:
Ruben Quevedo wrote:AJ Green is not just passable on defense, he’s a legitimately good perimeter defender. He stonewalled Clarkson in Utah several times when everyone else was getting cooked, and he walled off Murray tonight on at least one occasion. He’s a good athlete, moves his feet really well and shows his hands to the ref.

This kid can play.

Its been funny to see guys go at him and he just stays strong and stays in front of them.

Yes. We’ll see how he does against better players but so far he’s been anything but a liability 1 v 1
Plossum
General Manager

Post#89 » by Plossum » Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:15 am

AJ will prob struggle against bigger, skilled 2s like Brown but he competes hard and is generally in the right spots on D.

As teams start to pay attention, he'll need to work on attacking close-outs and being able to hit a tough layup/floater or dish to guys in the dunker spot. But he can play.
#LockUpChuck
old skool
General Manager
And1: 3,510

Post#90 » by old skool » Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:16 am

Quality win!

Best win I've seen this season.

The defense seemed to rattle Denver on multiple possessions. Felt like the Budenholzer years. For those who can remember that long ago.
Ruben Quevedo
Pro Prospect

Post#91 » by Ruben Quevedo » Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:17 am

KidA24 wrote:
BUCKnation wrote:

This kid can play.

It’s been funny to see guys go at him and he just stays strong and stays in front of them.

He's okay one on one, he plays defense with his chest like Jrue. He still dies on screens almost as bad as Giannis.

Come playoffs he'll get targeted, hopefully he keeps improving.

True. He doesn’t look comfortable navigating screens. He also has short arms, which is always an up hill battle for a defender.

But if he holds up in 1 v 1 situations then everything else is salvageable.
randy84
RealGM

Post#92 » by randy84 » Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:20 am

Since AG firing and with Crowder in the starting lineup, Bucks have the best Off Rating 136.9 and best Def Rating 78.8 in the NBA over that time span.
theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 4,171

Post#93 » by theFireBlanket » Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:26 am

randy84 wrote:Since AG firing and with Crowder in the starting lineup, Bucks have the best Off Rating 136.9 and best Def Rating 78.8 in the NBA over that time span.

Crowder is cursed though.
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel
Ruben Quevedo
Pro Prospect

Post#94 » by Ruben Quevedo » Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:26 am

Plossum wrote:AJ will prob struggle against bigger, skilled 2s like Brown but he competes hard and is generally in the right spots on D.

As teams start to pay attention, he'll need to work on attacking close-outs and being able to hit a tough layup/floater or dish to guys in the dunker spot. But he can play.

He has a quick release and a high release. I’d tell him to let it rip in rhythm. If a defender really tries to bother his shot he’ll be at high risk of fouling him.
Brewhoopfan
Sixth Man
And1: 1,942

Post#95 » by Brewhoopfan » Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:30 am

ACGB wrote:The combined Dawg-ness of Pat Bev and Bobby might collapse into a neutron star and destroy the world.

Different Dawgs. Pat Bev acts crazy. BP might actually be crazy.
randy84
RealGM

Post#96 » by randy84 » Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:30 am

theFireBlanket wrote:
randy84 wrote:Since AG firing and with Crowder in the starting lineup, Bucks have the best Off Rating 136.9 and best Def Rating 78.8 in the NBA over that time span.

Crowder is cursed though.

So is Beasley so it must be one of those the whole is greater than the sum of its parts.
Lippo
Lead Assistant
And1: 948

Post#97 » by Lippo » Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:09 am

I’ve won a lot of money betting on the Bucks when Kris is out…. Maybe a fluke… just sayin….
Plossum
General Manager

Post#98 » by Plossum » Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:22 am

Ruben Quevedo wrote:
Plossum wrote:AJ will prob struggle against bigger, skilled 2s like Brown but he competes hard and is generally in the right spots on D.

He has a quick release and a high release. I’d tell him to let it rip in rhythm. If a defender really tries to bother his shot he’ll be at high risk of fouling him.

I'm just to see an actual play run for him. Defender screened off ball then AJ curls for an open three.
#LockUpChuck
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,048

Post#99 » by MickeyDavis » Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:25 am

Read on Twitter
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,510

Post#100 » by HKPackFan » Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:28 am

Aj green continues to show value on both ends of the floor.

PBev bump seems to be a thing. There's an uptick on Defensive pressure and Bobby seems to increase his energy when they are on the floor together.

Pbev also high bbiq and runs things better than cam payne, massive difference.

Team overall looks more cohesive the more days they are in Doc's system.

Giannis and Dame looked better together than they have for most of the season. I feel like with the right coaching they are starting to gel.

Giannis had a great full body screen on Dame's 4pt play. Did you see it?? No slip screen. Got a body on a guy and let Dame do his thing.

Lots of positives, and signs that this team can become much more. More time together, more cohesion, continue working together and this team could be the juggernaut we envisioned 4+ months ago.
#FreeChuckDiesel

Return to Milwaukee Bucks