ImageImage

PG Heat: Loss

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,649

Re: PG Heat: Loss 

Post#141 » by JayMKE » Wed Feb 14, 2024 8:27 pm

Frank Nova wrote:Where in the world are these accusations of Dame being a drunk and wanting to bang super models coming from? Because he’s a rapper? I’ve never seen anything about this until ppl here have mentioned it. Where did that all start from?? That just seems so ridiculous.

Probably because he demanded a trade from Portland to Miami and only Miami, not hard to read between the lines
FREE GIANNIS
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,272

Post#142 » by LUKE23 » Wed Feb 14, 2024 8:31 pm

JayMKE wrote:
Probably because he demanded a trade from Portland to Miami and only Miami, not hard to read between the lines

This cannot be a serious post.
BigO
Analyst
And1: 3,211

Post#143 » by BigO » Wed Feb 14, 2024 8:37 pm

chonestown wrote:
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:you could just as easily drawn the conclusion that the franchise needed to move on from giannis for his ft ineptitude and lack of fundamentals that makes him a bad option for gaurding top players.

I could not just as easily draw that conclusion.

I could not draw that conclusion even in the most tortured of reasoning.

Bud's entire coaching career carries the millstone of playoff underachievement.

Excellent post. I still want a real GM G league for posters. I haven't finalized the criteria, but a starting point may be any poster who:

1) proposes trading Giannis
2) Claims Allen was an elite player
3) The Bucks never should have gotten rid of McCarthy. I mean Ditka. Sorry, I mean Bud.
rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,355

Post#144 » by rilamann » Wed Feb 14, 2024 8:42 pm

Dame might get more benefit of the doubt that maybe he's just not playing well or that he's lost a step if he had not been so hell bent on going to Miami and saying he would refuse a trade anywhere but Miami.

In July, Dame's agent literally sent a message to the rest of the NBA warning them against trading for Dame if they weren't the Miami Heat.

That actually happened.

Dame ends up getting sent to Milwaukee right before training camp and looks (and plays) like he wants no part of being there.

If you can't grasp what is going on here almost 60 games into the season, you are the definition of willfully ignorant.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****
tydett
General Manager
And1: 6,940

Post#145 » by tydett » Wed Feb 14, 2024 8:42 pm

BigO wrote:
chonestown wrote:
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:you could just as easily drawn the conclusion that the franchise needed to move on from giannis for his ft ineptitude and lack of fundamentals that makes him a bad option for gaurding top players.

Excellent post. I still want a real GM G league for posters. I haven't finalized the criteria, but a starting point may be any poster who:

3) The Bucks never should have gotten rid of McCarthy. I mean Ditka. Sorry, I mean Bud.

What about posters who can't get MD to approve of an OT: Pants thread?
AntetokounmBros
Rookie
And1: 1,194

Post#146 » by AntetokounmBros » Wed Feb 14, 2024 8:43 pm

JayMKE wrote:
Frank Nova wrote:Where in the world are these accusations of Dame being a drunk and wanting to bang super models coming from? Because he’s a rapper? I’ve never seen anything about this until ppl here have mentioned it. Where did that all start from?? That just seems so ridiculous.

He's also friends with Bam, probably saw how the Heat played last year, figured he could take them to another level... I think the entire situation in Miami seemed like a great fit and his mind was set on it, so it wasn't just the off court stuff. It would be naive to think the nightlife wasn't a big factor, but I'm not convinced that he's playing worse because he doesn't want to be here. Just feels like the old Milwaukee inferiority complex coming out.

But hey, it's all just speculation. I'm sure he has a lot of mixed feelings with everything going on.
yannisk
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,748

Post#147 » by yannisk » Wed Feb 14, 2024 8:46 pm

Usually in the playoffs coaches try to find weak links in the opponent's defense. In our case they will get confused should they go for

Lillard, Beasley, Bobby, Pat, any of the young guys, Middleton
AntetokounmBros
Rookie
And1: 1,194

Post#148 » by AntetokounmBros » Wed Feb 14, 2024 8:47 pm

yannisk wrote:Usually in the playoffs coaches try to find weak links in the opponent's defense. In our case they will get confused should they go for

Big brain Horst confusing the enemy. 8-)
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,649

Post#149 » by JayMKE » Wed Feb 14, 2024 8:51 pm

IDK if Dame is dogging it because he doesn't want to be here for whatever reason or if he's just that bad of fit, either way its not a good sign going forward and you can draw similar conclusion.
FREE GIANNIS
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 8,108

Post#150 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:13 pm

BigO wrote:
chonestown wrote:

i thought we agreed we wouldnt respond to each other posts because you think im dumb and i think youre an ass. it was working until you broke your word
pifhluk23
Sixth Man
And1: 908

Post#151 » by pifhluk23 » Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:18 pm

I need to start saving these Lillard posts so I can make an entire thread in May/June
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM

Post#152 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:20 pm

BigO wrote:
chonestown wrote:

!. there are no players i wouldnt trade because trading players you get stuff back unlike firing coaches it depends on the return.
2. i suggested allen was an elite SHOOTER. hes in fact leading the league. so that was more of a fact than opinion.
3. i proposed the bucks shouldnt have gotten rid of bud. that one i shrieked about the day we did it which makes me look like the smartest guy here. if youre still unconvinced then my god

hopefully that clarifies my positions. and dont feel bad misrepresenting some of them everybody is guilty of that here from time to time. but lets agree to not respond to each other. i dont view you as a basketball mind or the type that even ever played.... and thats all ok no big deal... its just the attitude i can do without.'

so again...lets agree not to respond to each other? cool? or are you still not cool? is it always going to be like this with you?
randy84
RealGM
And1: 6,423

Post#153 » by randy84 » Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:23 pm

Just when I was starting to believe the Pat Bev, we dawgs hype, this goes and happens.
stillgotgame
Analyst
And1: 1,973

Post#154 » by stillgotgame » Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:26 pm

Fotis St wrote:Kinda funny to watch ... we are missing too many assignments and our drop scheme still hurts us.

Love this video. Couldn't agree with the author more, Doc is just stealing money from us.

Here's another.

GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM

Post#155 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:27 pm

chonestown wrote:

i viewed bud as the treasure that unleashed giannis and quite frankly the team around him to our first championship in 50 years.

and the "millstone of playoff underacheivement" is the term you use to descibe the guys who havent won a chip.... not the very very very few that have.

just my take. and nothing personal ever with it
Jez2983
RealGM
And1: 7,959

Post#156 » by Jez2983 » Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:34 pm

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
chonestown wrote:

i viewed bud as the treasure that unleashed giannis and quite frankly the team around him to our first championship in 50 years.

and the "millstone of playoff underacheivement" is the term you use to descibe the guys who havent won a chip.... not the very very very few that have.

You aren't dumb, but when you say things like unleashing Giannis, and he was 6th MOTY, all star and all NBA under Kidd....

Stop digging down mate, it's time to dig up.
trwi7 wrote:Will be practicing my best Australian accent for tomorrow.

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM

Post#157 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:36 pm

yannisk wrote:Usually in the playoffs coaches try to find weak links in the opponent's defense. In our case they will get confused should they go for

id say bobby if giannis or lopez are out...

and everybody else on the roster if giannis and lopez are in
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,748

Post#158 » by chonestown » Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:36 pm

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
chonestown wrote:

Hey, the same could be said about Doc.

Those Hawks teams were regular season titans and playoff patsies. Bucks blew playoff leads to the Celts and Raps and lost to the Heat in an historic collapse. That's Bud's postseason rep.

BUT they also won one. That's a certifiable BFD.
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”
-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

"Poor as a mouse every morning/Rich as a cat every night."
-DCB
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM

Post#159 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:37 pm

Jez2983 wrote:
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
chonestown wrote:

You aren't dumb, but when you say things like unleashing Giannis, and he was 6th MOTY, all star and all NBA under Kidd....

Stop digging down mate, it's time to dig up.

he was a numbers guy with kidd and a champion and two time mvp under bud.

now hes a numbers guy again and the straw polling on the mvp race and our team success proves it

and yeah i said hes a numbers guy now. thats not dumb. its dead ass on point and its why this board is so pissed about this year and its why im not. i had months to prepare for this **** because i **** called it day one the day he got fired
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM

Post#160 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:45 pm

this team isnt worth the mental energy this year. and now youve all got me worked all up. my bad im done for today.

go bucks! :D

Return to Milwaukee Bucks