ImageImage

Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas - Horst to Detroit rumor

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

fansinceforever
Analyst
And1: 1,905

Re: Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas - Horst to Detroit rumor 

Post#1881 » by fansinceforever » Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:52 pm

Within the very unlikely vacuum of us acquiring Herro, Jaquez and Jovic, flipping Dame does make sense. That's 3 guys under 25 that can succeed in the playoffs and one that is a legit playmaker and high level scorer. We wouldn't be asking him to do more offensively here than he's already doing in Miami.

It's actually not easy to find athletic, defenders or young guys who can move their feet and knock down shots.

I'm actually interested, how do you envision getting those types of players (we need more than one) on this roster without trading Dame?
GoldenAntlers
General Manager
And1: 4,516

Post#1882 » by GoldenAntlers » Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:06 pm

Fotis St wrote:The extended career of CP3 has changed my mind on how long Dame can throw 30+ bombs on opponents.

Giannis + Dame are keepers for at least the next 3-4 years.

One more thing alot here haven't considered cause we haven't experienced it yet .... Dame can attract other superstars to play next to him. Giannis has been proven he can't attract noone.
So ... lets all calm down on trading those 2, they are not going anywhere and that is good for the Bucks
I was with you until the superstar comment. No superstar has gone to play with Dame, but Giannis was able to pull Dame to Milwaukee when the Superstar desired Miami. I know it's not free agency, but that is a pretty stark difference.

But, yeah - if this series has taught me anything it's that trading Dame is not the answer.
"Silence is a source of great strength." - Lao Tzu
-Jragon-
Head Coach
And1: 1,663

Post#1883 » by -Jragon- » Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:07 pm

fansinceforever wrote:Within the very unlikely vacuum of us acquiring Herro, Jaquez and Jovic, flipping Dame does make sense. That's 3 guys under 25 that can succeed in the playoffs and one that is a legit playmaker and high level scorer. We wouldn't be asking him to do more offensively here than he's already doing in Miami.

It's actually not easy to find athletic, defenders or young guys who can move their feet and knock down shots.

I'm actually interested, how do you envision getting those types of players (we need more than one) on this roster without trading Dame?

Maybe they like Khash Money instead
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,624

Post#1884 » by raferfenix » Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:28 pm

I want to believe there will be deals out there for Khris and Brook that would be worth us making.

But Middleton's shot creation and Lopez's defense are still highly valued here. It's definitely not an addition by subtraction situation. Whether either much less both should be starters (especially alongside eachother) is a very different question.

Brook it's easier to imagine a team like the Thunder being willing to give up one/some of their excess picks despite his age.

Khris I'm not clear what other team/s would take the risk rolling the dice on his health. Kings/Magic maybe?

A big reason to value Middleton is ice in his veins in the playoffs...but that's also why the Bucks wouldn't trade him for trash even if he'd need to move into a Robert Horry role.
msiris
RealGM
And1: 1,742

Post#1885 » by msiris » Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:33 pm

GoldenAntlers wrote:
Fotis St wrote:The extended career of CP3 has changed my mind on how long Dame can throw 30+ bombs on opponents.

Giannis + Dame are keepers for at least the next 3-4 years.

One more thing alot here haven't considered cause we haven't experienced it yet .... Dame can attract other superstars to play next to him. Giannis has been proven he can't attract noone.
So ... lets all calm down on trading those 2, they are not going anywhere and that is good for the Bucks
I was with you until the superstar comment. No superstar has gone to play with Dame, but Giannis was able to pull Dame to Milwaukee when the Superstar desired Miami. I know it's not free agency, but that is a pretty stark difference.

But, yeah - if this series has taught me anything it's that trading Dame is not the answer.
I don't think Giannis pulled Dame here.
Ride the tank
CharityStripe34
General Manager
And1: 5,742

Post#1886 » by CharityStripe34 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:49 pm

Profound23 wrote:I will say if Dame keeps playing like this in the playoffs his trade value might sky rocket and we might want to consider trading him at that point if we can get enough young talent for him.

Yes Khris and Lopez are definitely the ones we should be looking to trade but we won't get much back for either at this point because one can't stay healthy and they are both way too slow.

Khris and Brook are still productive players that could theoretically help a younger team (or a team on the cusp). You could make the argument that the team just needs more versatile/athletic players and not necessarily elite offensive players. Giannis and Dame are both terrifying in the pick-and-roll, with Freak actually being one of the best pick-and-roll ball handlers in the whole league. Both guys are very good passers. I would hazard a guess you need some guys who can compete on defense, knock down a couple of shots here and there and cut to the basket off of Gianni's and Dame's gravity.
"Wes, Hill, Ibaka, Allen, Nwora, Brook, Pat, Ingles, Khris are all slow-mo, injury prone ... a sandcastle waiting for playoff wave to get wrecked. A castle with no long-range archers... is destined to fall. That is all I have to say."-- FOTIS
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,917

Post#1887 » by Ron Swanson » Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:06 pm

Look no further than what Denver did in the 2022 offseason. Used nothing but the tax-MLE and matching salary (Monte Morris, Will Barton) to acquire Bruce Brown and KCP. Again, if you can't build a roster of those kind of complimentary young players around Dame/Giannis using late picks, Khris/Brook's expiring contracts, Bobby as a trade asset, etc., then tell Horst to take a hike to Detroit, and bring in someone who can (Connelly?).
yb90
Senior
And1: 246

Post#1888 » by yb90 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:13 pm

raferfenix wrote:I want to believe there will be deals out there for Khris and Brook that would be worth us making.

But Middleton's shot creation and Lopez's defense are still highly valued here. It's definitely not an addition by subtraction situation. Whether either much less both should be starters (especially alongside eachother) is a very different question.

Brook it's easier to imagine a team like the Thunder being willing to give up one/some of their excess picks despite his age.

Khris I'm not clear what other team/s would take the risk rolling the dice on his health. Kings/Magic maybe?

A big reason to value Middleton is ice in his veins in the playoffs...but that's also why the Bucks wouldn't trade him for trash even if he'd need to move into a Robert Horry role.

OKC might go far but I actually think they could use both Khris and Lopez. Khris isvwhat they hope Haywood would be but more than that he could slide into Giddey's role. Khris surrounded by 4 great defenders and will likely never be matched up against a team's best wing defender.
-Jragon-
Head Coach
And1: 1,663

Post#1889 » by -Jragon- » Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:33 pm

raferfenix wrote:I want to believe there will be deals out there for Khris and Brook that would be worth us making.

Giannis and Pat should have shown Khris where the leg press machine is.. if he had any leg strength at all he could stay low and guard 4's in the playoffs (keep them away from the hoop), still hit his nice shots and he could stay valuable for another 6 years.
ABucksFan
Sixth Man
And1: 1,426

Post#1890 » by ABucksFan » Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:35 pm

Dame trade talk is nuts, if anything brook and midds get moved first
fansinceforever
Analyst
And1: 1,905

Post#1891 » by fansinceforever » Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:48 pm

ABucksFan wrote:Dame trade talk is nuts, if anything brook and midds get moved first

Lol of course. We'd all prefer to move Midds and Brook. Do those two bring back enough? Probably not.

Hence the need to consider trading Dame.
raferfenix
RealGM

Post#1892 » by raferfenix » Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:12 pm

Dame doesn't get traded unless he demands moar beach babes.

Bucks have had a trainwreck coaching situation and a roster that wasn't built around complimenting him and Giannis.

Giannis extended too. Unless he wants Dame gone (or wants out himself) I think everyone focuses on having an offseason that makes sense and gives the combo another year at least.

Maybe Horst gets canned. But trading Dame seems that much less likely to me considering how good he's been looking these past few games.
CharityStripe34
General Manager
And1: 5,742

Post#1893 » by CharityStripe34 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:12 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:Look no further than what Denver did in the 2022 offseason. Used nothing but the tax-MLE and matching salary (Monte Morris, Will Barton) to acquire Bruce Brown and KCP. Again, if you can't build a roster of those kind of complimentary young players around Dame/Giannis using late picks, Khris/Brook's expiring contracts, Bobby as a trade asset, etc., then tell Horst to take a hike to Detroit, and bring in someone who can (Connelly?).

Bucks used the same tax-MLE to get the corpse of Joe Ingles and I remember personally thinking Bruce Brown would be the EXACT playoff-ready role-player for this team.
"Wes, Hill, Ibaka, Allen, Nwora, Brook, Pat, Ingles, Khris are all slow-mo, injury prone ... a sandcastle waiting for playoff wave to get wrecked. A castle with no long-range archers... is destined to fall. That is all I have to say."-- FOTIS
yb90
Senior
And1: 246

Post#1894 » by yb90 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:36 pm

-Jragon- wrote:

Giannis and Pat should have shown Khris where the leg press machine is.. if he had any leg strength at all he could stay low and guard 4's in the playoffs (keep them away from the hoop), still hit his nice shots and he could stay valuable for another 6 years.

It's hard to do that when you are rehabbing to get back to normal. If he gets through this off-season then Doc will likely slide him down to 4 like Tobias Harris. It's either move to the 4 or go to the bench like Brogdonvic in NY.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,255

Post#1895 » by paulpressey25 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:37 pm

Those who always said Middleton will age well since he’s got an Old Man’s game never accounted for the fact he’s got an old man’s body.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
raferfenix
RealGM

Post#1896 » by raferfenix » Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:46 pm

Could easily see moving Middleton to backup tweener forward if we keep him.

Khris being 6th man takes the pressure off his missed games as well as his defense if he's coming in as a sparkplug scorer.

If Bobby is moving either to another team or into the starting lineup it'd make that much more sense too.
rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,331

Post#1897 » by rilamann » Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:10 pm

Profound23 wrote:
Yes Khris and Lopez are definitely the ones we should be looking to trade but we won't get much back for either at this point because one can't stay healthy and they are both way too slow.

This is why I was screaming from the rooftops in February that the Bucks needed to trade Middleton at the deadline while he still at least had some value. I said if the Bucks held on to him beyond the trade deadline, they would get nothing for him this off season.

Bucks will be lucky to get a bag of tube socks for him this summer.

No one is going to want to baby and coddle this guy for a full season just so that he can have an ok game once every 2 weeks before he falls down and is out another 4 weeks.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****
FrieAaron
General Manager
And1: 5,207

Post#1898 » by FrieAaron » Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:12 pm

Too early for me to think much about it, but people thought Jrue had no value as well.
rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,331

Post#1899 » by rilamann » Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:17 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:Those who always said Middleton will age well since he’s got an Old Man’s game never accounted for the fact he’s got an old man’s body.

The Bucks relying on Middleton and continuing to treat him like he was still That guy 3 years (And maybe more) after he fell off a cliff will be one of the main reasons Giannis retires with 1 ring. There will be multiple reasons, but that's going to be a big one.

Although to be fair, the Bucks have probably been reluctant to move on from Middleton because KM is Giannis' guy.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,643

Post#1900 » by Profound23 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:17 pm

rilamann wrote:
Profound23 wrote:

This is why I was screaming from the rooftops in February that the Bucks needed to trade Middleton at the deadline while he still at least had some value. I said if the Bucks held on to him beyond the trade deadline, they would get nothing for him this off season.

Bucks will be lucky to get a bag of tube socks for him this summer.

No one is going to want to baby and coddle this guy for a full season just so that he can have an ok game once every 2 weeks before he falls down and is out another 4 weeks.

The sad thing is, if he just stayed healthy for one or two playoff series, Khris could triple his trade value.

Of course 3x0 is still 0....but you know what I mean. :lol:

Return to Milwaukee Bucks