ImageImage

Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas - Horst to Detroit rumor

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

SupremeHustle
RealGM
And1: 28,644

Re: Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas 

Post#1121 » by SupremeHustle » Sat Mar 30, 2024 5:32 pm

jschligs wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't know who the **** SupremeHustle is?
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,863

Post#1122 » by blazza18 » Sat Mar 30, 2024 11:20 pm

Wish someone did a total time spent at the free throw line. That would be amazing to see how far ahead Giannis is to everyone else.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
Fotis St
General Manager
And1: 2,921

Post#1123 » by Fotis St » Sun Mar 31, 2024 7:42 am

blazza18 wrote:Wish someone did a total time spent at the free throw line. That would be amazing to see how far ahead Giannis is to everyone else.

:lol: He is already the GOAT at 10 sec FT calls.
Draft picks: '15 Jerian Grant, '16 Thon Maker, '17 Isaiah Hartenstein/*John Collins, '18 TD Devonte Graham, Hamidou Diallo, '20 Sam Merrill, Killian Tillie, '21 Joe Wieskamp, '22 TU C.Braun/G.Procida '23 Tristan Vukcevic/Maxwell Lewis
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,505

Post#1124 » by HKPackFan » Sun Mar 31, 2024 1:05 pm

Mvp Kia ladder this weekend dropped giannis to 4th.

Joker,Luka,sha,giannis.

And yet I think giannis is so much more dominant now then his mvp years. Go figure, and I don't have a issue with joker #1.
#FreeChuckDiesel
FrieAaron
General Manager
And1: 5,207

Post#1125 » by FrieAaron » Sun Mar 31, 2024 3:17 pm

blazza18 wrote:Wish someone did a total time spent at the free throw line. That would be amazing to see how far ahead Giannis is to everyone else.

It's crazy it's gotten to the point that it has. I guess we just figure it's overall worth it for him to get his little breaks in there to recover some or he just simply refuses to change it. I watch most regular season games on DVR so I learned quickly that you can basically set your watch to two free throws taking about 60 seconds. I can skip forward twice comfortably and not miss anything.
tedbrogen
Analyst
And1: 2,827

Post#1126 » by tedbrogen » Sun Mar 31, 2024 3:26 pm

FrieAaron wrote:

It's crazy it's gotten to the point that it has. I guess we just figure it's overall worth it for him to get his little breaks in there to recover some or he just simply refuses to change it. I watch most regular season games on DVR so I learned quickly that you can basically set your watch to two free throws taking about 60 seconds. I can skip forward twice comfortably and not miss anything.

It’s 100% that he is using it for rests. And yeah, via delay it’s easy to skip over.
Milbucks96
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,517

Post#1127 » by Milbucks96 » Sun Mar 31, 2024 3:38 pm

HKPackFan wrote:Mvp Kia ladder this weekend dropped giannis to 4th.

Joker,Luka,sha,giannis.

And yet I think giannis is so much more dominant now then his mvp years. Go figure, and I don't have an issue with joker #1.

I think I would put Giannis over Shai at this point though I wouldn’t have maybe a month or so ago. The bar to win the MVP right now is higher than I’ve ever seen. Giannis is easily having his best season and I still think he’s not the MVP this year.

And to think that Embiid was probably on his way to winning because he was having one of the best seasons ever til he got injured. It’s 5 guys who will put up great counting stats and advanced/impact stats and they all would be worthy any year.
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,505

Post#1128 » by HKPackFan » Sun Mar 31, 2024 4:39 pm

Milbucks96 wrote:
HKPackFan wrote:Mvp Kia ladder this weekend dropped giannis to 4th.

Joker,Luka,sha,giannis.

And yet I think giannis is so much more dominant now then his mvp years. Go figure, and I don't have an issue with joker #1.

I think I would put Giannis over Shai at this point though I wouldn’t have maybe a month or so ago. The bar to win the MVP right now is higher than I’ve ever seen. Giannis is easily having his best season and I still think he’s not the MVP this year.

And to think that Embiid was probably on his way to winning because he was having one of the best seasons ever til he got injured. It’s 5 guys who will put up great counting stats and advanced/impact stats and they all would be worthy any year.

I put giannis on par with joker ahead of the rest.

Joker is a better passer and scorer in terms of capabilities in all 3 levels, but giannis is unstoppable near the basket at all world levels and in transition and miles ahead as a defender.

I have no issues with either of them as mvps.
#FreeChuckDiesel
BigO
Analyst
And1: 3,211

Post#1129 » by BigO » Sun Mar 31, 2024 6:50 pm

I know you advanced stat nuts (and I use the term in the most endearing manner) don't care for PER, but Giannis was fourth for much of the year and in the last week has flew by Shai and has almost caught up to Joker.

And if you consider defense, then I would put Giannis ahead of Joker.
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,643

Post#1130 » by Profound23 » Sun Mar 31, 2024 8:00 pm

BigO wrote:I know you advanced stat nuts (and I use the term in the most endearing manner) don't care for PER, but Giannis was fourth for much of the year and in the last week has flew by Shai and has almost caught up to Joker.

And if you consider defense, then I would put Giannis ahead of Joker.

If you are using defense and offense then Giannis is the best player in the game. That won't last long if Wemby stays healthy.....but it's still true.
Milbucks96
Assistant Coach

Post#1131 » by Milbucks96 » Sun Mar 31, 2024 8:34 pm

I still have Jokic ahead of Giannis but I don’t think it’s by much. I just don’t think that it’s as simple as great two way player>Great offensive, okay defensive player.
msiris
RealGM
And1: 1,743

Post#1132 » by msiris » Sun Mar 31, 2024 9:02 pm

Giannis is aiming to become the 1st player ever to score 30 ppg at 60 percent or better in a seaon. If thats not a mvp what is?
Ride the tank
BigO
Analyst
And1: 3,211

Post#1133 » by BigO » Sun Mar 31, 2024 9:44 pm

Milbucks96 wrote:I still have Jokic ahead of Giannis but I don’t think it’s by much. I just don’t think that it’s as simple as great two way player>Great offensive, okay defensive player.

Actually, your simplification works for me. Pretty well sums up how my simple mind works.
theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 4,124

Post#1134 » by theFireBlanket » Sun Mar 31, 2024 11:01 pm

Giannis can still be better than Jokic with a sharper mind. And the man is still getting better.

Bev is a perfect teammate to push that side of his game.

All this drama around our team, with the coaches & acquiring Dame. Injuries to Giannis, Brook* & Midds. Jokic doesn't exactly have those things going on. Murray was injured but Nikola has been healthy & Malone hasn't been fired.
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach
And1: 4,763

Post#1135 » by ShootingtheJ » Mon Apr 1, 2024 1:07 pm

Milbucks96 wrote:I still have Jokic ahead of Giannis but I don’t think it’s by much. I just don’t think that it’s as simple as great two way player>Great offensive, okay defensive player.

Who's the ok defensive player? Jokic is a bad defender.
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,125

Post#1136 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Mon Apr 1, 2024 1:21 pm

I definitely have Jokic higher than Giannis, but he also has the recent championship glow. Giannis went from clutch to anti-clutch in a matter of 2 years because he injured his back in a series against the Heat. It's not like Jokic has had this amazing track record of playoff success. It would be pretty crazy to see how the media/interwebs react if the Nuggets got bounced by either the Suns or Lakers in the first round by KD or Lebron having a few throw back games.
German Athens
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,057

Post#1137 » by German Athens » Mon Apr 1, 2024 2:05 pm

I generally look at it like if all players are on, Giannis is the best player in basketball. That means he has touch around the hoop, is sprinkling in some jumpers, hitting his free throws, and warping the court on defense. That player is tier 1 all-time, and it’s also not a mythical player either. We’ve seen him put up multiple 40+ pt playoff games with great defense.

Jokic is the best offensive player in basketball because he’s the most resilient offensive player. He’s the RARE type who can be damn near as effective scoring 10 as he can 40, and he’s equally happy in either role. Defenses don’t have nearly as clear of answers guarding Jokic as they do Giannis.

I’ll ride with G, though, because I’m a bucks fan, believe in his ability to rise to the occasion, and think he’s improving his offensive resiliency.

For as much as this season has been tumultuous, the thing I always come back to is that Giannis could absolutely have a better post-season than the one in ‘21, and if that happens the Bucks will be hell to deal with.
GoldenAntlers
General Manager
And1: 4,516

Post#1138 » by GoldenAntlers » Mon Apr 1, 2024 2:07 pm

BigO wrote:

Actually, your simplification works for me. Pretty well sums up how my simple mind works.
Yeah, I don't get what's difficult about this.
"Silence is a source of great strength." - Lao Tzu
Milbucks96
Assistant Coach

Post#1139 » by Milbucks96 » Mon Apr 1, 2024 2:31 pm

GoldenAntlers wrote:
BigO wrote:

Yeah, I don't get what's difficult about this.

Who do you think is better, KG or Dirk? Do you have Jason Kidd higher than someone like Nash? Chris Paul could never touch the heights that Steph Curry did healthy or not. Those can be debated just like the one we’re talking about but I feel like it shows that two way doesn’t always come out on top automatically.

I have Jokic 1-A and Giannis 1-B and that can change in 2 months or so but I definitely don’t think Giannis’s defense puts him over the top because Jokic isn’t a dpoy type player to pair with his offense.
German Athens
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,057

Post#1140 » by German Athens » Mon Apr 1, 2024 2:37 pm

I just want to see them battle in the finals in their primes with each team fully healthy. My goodness would it be awesome.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks