ImageImage

Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas - Horst to Detroit rumor

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

jute2003
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,351

Re: Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas - Finalizing Deal with Gallo 

Post#61 » by jute2003 » Fri Feb 16, 2024 1:25 am

Did I miss where Bobby's postups became good offense?
only a fan, only an opinion
Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 41,978

Re: Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas - Gallo Deciding Between Bucks and Clippers 

Post#62 » by Prez » Fri Feb 16, 2024 1:27 am

BigO wrote:
Prez wrote:Meh. Guess my positive spin on this would be that he's slightly better defensively than Bobby and won't hijack the offense with post ups.

What? That's Danilo's game. He is Mr. post up.

Posting up is a lost art in the NBA. BP is good at it, as is KM.

There was a time not that long ago in the NBA when posting up and running the offense thru the post up man was the main offense in the NBA. Vin Baker was a great post up guy and the hub of the Bucks offense.

And he's not better defensively than BP, which means he's slightly below average.

We have a very, very different definition of "good" when it comes to Bobby's post ups and what it means for our offense.

And Bobby's terrible defensively, and before you say it, nah, his rebounding doesn't erase what a negative defender he is. It's certainly possible Gallo's defense is worse, just gotta wait and see. But it's an extremely low bar to clear.
-Jragon-
Head Coach
And1: 1,667

Re: Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas - Gallo Deciding Between Bucks and Clippers 

Post#63 » by -Jragon- » Fri Feb 16, 2024 1:28 am

BigO wrote:
Prez wrote:Meh. Guess my positive spin on this would be that he's slightly better defensively than Bobby and won't hijack the offense with post ups.

There was a time not that long ago in the NBA when posting up and running the offense thru the post up man was the main offense in the NBA. Vin Baker was a great post up guy and the hub of the Bucks offense.

And he's not better defensively than BP, which means he's slightly below average.

Nah... he can do more.. he'll actually listen to coach and stand in the corner and make 3s
drew881
RealGM
And1: 5,003

Post#64 » by drew881 » Fri Feb 16, 2024 1:28 am

Bucks fans: We're too old and slow.
Also Bucks fans: Let's sign Gallinari.
GoldenAntlers
General Manager
And1: 4,519

Post#65 » by GoldenAntlers » Fri Feb 16, 2024 1:30 am

rilamann wrote:
tydett wrote:
chonestown wrote:We need some agreed upon nomenclature to differentiate Beverly from Connaughton.

Bev and the Turd, which sounds like a terrible jock radio show.

Sould be the name of Bev's podcast.
Thought that was what he was referring to at first.
"Silence is a source of great strength." - Lao Tzu
-Jragon-
Head Coach

Post#66 » by -Jragon- » Fri Feb 16, 2024 1:31 am

All we really need is...
-better Dame
- better rotations on D
- better pick and roll (it's getting better)
- and like 3 or 4 dudes that will stand in the corner or outside the arc and make most of their open 3s and we will be with 2 rings
- wait and health.. knock on wood
GoldenAntlers
General Manager
And1: 4,519

Post#67 » by GoldenAntlers » Fri Feb 16, 2024 1:32 am

Happy for Gallo. Obviously we all *want* something else, but for what's available and the amount it has cost us, we did pretty damn well between him and Bev.
"Silence is a source of great strength." - Lao Tzu
drdrG
Bench Warmer
And1: 832

Post#68 » by drdrG » Fri Feb 16, 2024 1:32 am

drew881 wrote:Bucks fans: We're too old and slow.

Gallo is a smart basketball player. Can't be old, slow and not crafty. He'll help stabilize some bench minutes in the playoffs, running some offense and helping keep the defense organized. Plus another guy who can help smooth the Doc transition. Good move for a buyout but he's not moving the needle.

Our path forward is Dame returning to superstardom, KM getting healthy and Doc's system supercharging the Giannis/Dame two-man game.
Daver
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,035

Post#69 » by Daver » Fri Feb 16, 2024 1:32 am

VooDoo7 wrote:
Daver wrote:From BR funniest tjing i hsve read yet.
Bucks' Giannis Won't Rule out Competing in Future 3-point Contest: 'Never Say Never'

I would watch that just to watch him make a fool out of himself.Cant make 12 footers consistently ......omg

Giannis would run out of time before even finishing the 3rd rack.

Lmfao never thought of the time thing thats so true i was thinking more of the 25% or so that be shoots from 3
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 23,154

Post#70 » by Baddy Chuck » Fri Feb 16, 2024 1:33 am

jute2003 wrote:Did I miss where Bobby's postups became good offense?

When you're pining for the days where you could throw it to Vin Baker in the post, teams couldn't send help at him and he could make an all-star game putting up 20 points a game on sub 50% shooting your opinion on good offense is different from others.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
Daver
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,035

Post#71 » by Daver » Fri Feb 16, 2024 1:35 am

Gallo still hit close to 40% on 3s used to be a good 3 pt shooter
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 23,154

Post#72 » by Baddy Chuck » Fri Feb 16, 2024 1:38 am

chonestown wrote:
Baddy Chuck wrote:
Daver wrote:Everyone says pj tucker is that guy n tucker alone is all they would need .....to funny

An hour ago you were celebrating Gallinari's signing because of something PJ Tucker did.

LET DAVER COOK

Still not convinced he's not an extremely primitive AI that has learned everything it knows from the RealGM Milwaukee Bucks message board.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,280

Post#73 » by paulpressey25 » Fri Feb 16, 2024 1:59 am

This is the link to our 300+ page thread from the summer of 2009, that tracked Ramon Sessions restricted free agency saga.

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=930927

At some point in this thread, we discuss how Hammond couldn’t close the deal with Donnie Walsh to S&T send Ramon to Knicks and we’d get back a S&T David Lee and Gallo (who was an injured rookie disappointment)

The play was Mike D’Antoni wanted Sessions, and Walsh wanted to clear salary, so they could make a run at LeBron the following summer. We would have also gotten Jared Jeffries back, because he had a long and expensive deal they wanted to dump.

Hammond and Skiles thought it was a a done deal. Then it fell apart. Gallo and David Lee next to Bogut would have been great.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
BigO
Analyst
And1: 3,211

Post#74 » by BigO » Fri Feb 16, 2024 2:06 am

-Jragon- wrote:
BigO wrote:

Nah... he can do more.. he'll actually listen to coach and stand in the corner and make 3s

Do you actually think Bobby is posting up on his own and not listening to his coaches? Truly bizarre take.

Bobby is posting up because his coaches call for post ups (including Bud over and over), which is the absolutely right call.

They have an entire isolation game for Bobby, which every coach worth his salt has had for Bobby. You just saw Memphis double Bobby and he hit Lopez for a dunk. More and more teams are doubling BP on the post up because he is good at it.
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,624

Post#75 » by raferfenix » Fri Feb 16, 2024 2:19 am

How would we compare old man Gallo at this stage to Bucks era Kukoc?
-Jragon-
Head Coach

Post#76 » by -Jragon- » Fri Feb 16, 2024 2:40 am

BigO wrote:
-Jragon- wrote:
BigO wrote:

Do you actually think Bobby is posting up on his own and not listening to his coaches? Truly bizarre take.

Bobby is posting up because his coaches call for post ups (including Bud over and over), which is the absolutely right call.

They have an entire isolation game for Bobby, which every coach worth his salt has had for Bobby. You just saw Memphis double Bobby and he hit Lopez for a dunk. More and more teams are doubling BP on the post up because he is good at it.

KM... Bud told him to shoot 3s and it's documented now that when he brings the ball up he's cancelling the PG/coach's play. We need our leaders to fall in line and support their coach now or we're going to fire dudes over and over
-Jragon-
Head Coach

Post#77 » by -Jragon- » Fri Feb 16, 2024 2:41 am

raferfenix wrote:How would we compare old man Gallo at this stage to Bucks era Kukoc?

I was thinking that or.... who was the dude we traded big dog for?
SirChurros
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,821

Post#78 » by SirChurros » Fri Feb 16, 2024 3:07 am

raferfenix wrote:How would we compare old man Gallo at this stage to Bucks era Kukoc?

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more washed. I don’t think it’s really even close.
Ayt
RealGM
And1: 13,790

Post#79 » by Ayt » Fri Feb 16, 2024 3:16 am

Balls2TheWalls wrote:
rilamann wrote:I remember Celtics fans acting like Gallo was going to be a huge pick up for them last season. Then he got hurt and they spent all season hoping that he would come back at some point.

Now that the Bucks signed Gallo, I fully expect Celtics fans to act like this is a total non factor and Gallo is the worst player on an NBA team...lol.

You don't need to wait for Celtics fans to do that, Bucks fans are already doing it.

Who is calling this a huge pickup?
Ayt
RealGM
And1: 13,790

Post#80 » by Ayt » Fri Feb 16, 2024 3:17 am

drew881 wrote:Bucks fans: We're too old and slow.

Yes, because there are so many great young players that are free agents right now.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks