Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,390

Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas - Galloway Signed to 2 year, 2-Way Deal 

Post#961 » by M-C-G » Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:39 pm

JonHeist wrote:pages and pages of worrying about khris' injury

not one post about how he played 25 minutes and looked great in his return

Well. That is not true at all. I read this whole thread and saw lots of excitement about Midds being back and impressed with how good he looked.

EDIT. Should have said the PG thread not this one

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,913

Re: Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas - Galloway Signed to 2 year, 2-Way Deal 

Post#962 » by emunney » Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:23 pm

He only played 25 minutes so he was on a minutes restriction and his smooth 22 and 7 game does not count.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
Brewhoopfan
Sixth Man
And1: 1,942

Re: Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas - Galloway Signed to 2 year, 2-Way Deal 

Post#963 » by Brewhoopfan » Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:02 pm

German Athens wrote:
JBucks wrote:Does anyone understand why Brook feels the need to shoot 28-foot 3’s when he can stand closer?

Some of it is a drawback on setting high screens for Dame. On the pick and pop for brook, he’s not quick enough to get into a better position. The other part is probably just brooks comfort with range.

Perhaps, but that's his typical distance when he's just spacing the floor. There's really no reason for it other than Brook deciding he'd rather shoot 35% rather than 40%.
drdrG
Bench Warmer
And1: 832

Post#964 » by drdrG » Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:15 pm

Brewhoopfan wrote:
German Athens wrote:
JBucks wrote:Does anyone understand why Brook feels the need to shoot 28-foot 3’s when he can stand closer?

Some of it is a drawback on setting high screens for Dame. On the pick and pop for brook, he’s not quick enough to get into a better position. The other part is probably just brooks comfort with range.

Perhaps, but that's his typical distance when he's just spacing the floor. There's really no reason for it other than Brook deciding he'd rather shoot 35% rather than 40%.

That extra four feet is also one step closer to our own rim for floor balance. Our transition D is much better when Brook is already back
tedbrogen
Analyst
And1: 2,827

Post#965 » by tedbrogen » Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:16 pm

Brewhoopfan wrote:
German Athens wrote:

1) I think Brook is shooting 38% on threes this year. 2) The deeper he gets the more difficult the closeout is
3) the deeper he is, the easier it is for him to get back in D
BigO
Analyst
And1: 3,211

Post#966 » by BigO » Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:24 pm

tedbrogen wrote:
Brewhoopfan wrote:
German Athens wrote:

1) I think Brook is shooting 38% on threes this year. 2) The deeper he gets the more difficult the closeout is

The real answer is that when Doc took over he wanted the first ball screen for Dame to be much higher than it had been. In Portland they always ran the ball screen for him near the half court line. It gives Dame more room to see things and figure out how he wants to attack the defense.

So Brook is much higher to begin with and the poster who said he isn't quick enough to reset himself is probably correct.
tedbrogen
Analyst

Post#967 » by tedbrogen » Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:29 pm

BigO wrote:
tedbrogen wrote:
Brewhoopfan wrote:

The real answer is that when Doc took over he wanted the first ball screen for Dame to be much higher than it had been. In Portland they always ran the ball screen for him near the half court line. It gives Dame more room to see things and figure out how he wants to attack the defense.

So Brook is much higher to begin with and the poster who said he isn't quick enough to reset himself is probably correct.

But Brook’s been bombing long threes since Bud took over.

I think the whole thing is by design to space the floor as much as possible so Dame/Giannis have more room to operate.
Brewhoopfan
Sixth Man
And1: 1,942

Post#968 » by Brewhoopfan » Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:36 pm

tedbrogen wrote:
Brewhoopfan wrote:
German Athens wrote:

1) I was referring to his career %.
2&3) Then why doesn't everyone shoot it from deeper? He's 7' with a high release. No one is stopping him from shooting. An extra step closer to getting back on D? Really?
BigO
Analyst

Post#969 » by BigO » Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:43 pm

tedbrogen wrote:
BigO wrote:
tedbrogen wrote:

I think the whole thing is by design to space the floor as much as possible so Dame/Giannis have more room to operate.

He's been deeper since Doc took over.
tedbrogen
Analyst

Post#970 » by tedbrogen » Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:41 am

Brewhoopfan wrote:
tedbrogen wrote:
Brewhoopfan wrote:

1) I was referring to his career %.
2&3) Then why doesn't everyone shoot it from deeper? He's 7' with a high release. No one is stopping him from shooting. An extra step closer to getting back on D? Really?

Maybe he’s more comfortable without a guy right under him. I mean there’s a reason guys are generally better shooters when wide open versus closely guarded.
tedbrogen
Analyst

Post#971 » by tedbrogen » Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:43 am

BigO wrote:
tedbrogen wrote:
BigO wrote:

Agree to disagree. I recall him taking those long above the break threes for years now. The only difference is he’s picking and popping for Dame instead of Giannis.
BigO
Analyst

Post#972 » by BigO » Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:07 am

tedbrogen wrote:
BigO wrote:
tedbrogen wrote:

Agree to disagree. I recall him taking those long above the break threes for years now. The only difference is he’s picking and popping for Dame instead of Giannis.

It's your right to disagree, but Eric Nehm of The Athletic was on Marques Johnson's podcast and detailed the change and how Dame liked getting his screen right after the half court and that wasn't happening under Griffin and is happening now.
tedbrogen
Analyst

Post#973 » by tedbrogen » Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:15 am

BigO wrote:
tedbrogen wrote:
BigO wrote:

It's your right to disagree, but Eric Nehm of The Athletic was on Marques Johnson's podcast and detailed the change and how Dame liked getting his screen right after the half court and that wasn't happening under Griffin and is happening now.

I don’t disagree that Dame prefers higher screens and that Grief wasn’t doing that and now Doc is. What I don’t agree with is that this change is causing Brook to shoot longer threes.
He’s been shooting threes well beyond the three point line since at least 2019. (Can’t speak to before as I don’t really watch non-Bucks games)
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,913

Post#974 » by emunney » Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:06 am

BigO wrote:
tedbrogen wrote:
BigO wrote:

I agree. Somebody's got the numbers on it I'm sure. It's long been a frustration that he sets up a couple feet behind the line but it's been even deeper recently.

I also don't feel like guys bother closing out when he's that deep. But he doesn't always take the shot, he often takes a dribble in for a DHO.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
tedbrogen
Analyst

Post#975 » by tedbrogen » Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:26 am

emunney wrote:
BigO wrote:
tedbrogen wrote:

I agree. Somebody's got the numbers on it I'm sure. It's long been a frustration that he sets up a couple feet behind the line but it's been even deeper recently.

I also don't feel like guys bother closing out when he's that deep. But he doesn't always take the shot, he often takes a dribble in for a DHO.

The DHO is a sneaky smart use of an unguarded player. Creates an easy look for whoever they hand off to because there’s no help available. Wish they had Giannis do more DHOs when he’s off ball and gets left open.
BroncoBuck
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,689

Post#976 » by BroncoBuck » Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:03 pm

I’m probably in the minority, but I’d still like to see a Brook + Filler swap for Ayton this offseason if we bow out of the playoffs again. Especially if Portland would return one of our future firsts in the deal. I just think this is the perfect Ayton team. Clean the boards, play defense and put the ball in the basket. I know we’d lose out on Brook stretching the floor, but with Dame here instead of Bled/Jrue it’s not nearly as important as it used to be.
CharityStripe34
General Manager
And1: 5,742

Post#977 » by CharityStripe34 » Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:10 pm

BroncoBuck wrote:I’m probably in the minority, but I’d still like to see a Brook + Filler swap for Ayton this offseason if we bow out of the playoffs again. Especially if Portland would return one of our future firsts in the deal. I just think this is the perfect Ayton team. Clean the boards, play defense and put the ball in the basket. I know we’d lose out on Brook stretching the floor, but with Dame here instead of Bled/Jrue it’s not nearly as important as it used to be.

I'd be inclined to agree given his age/athleticism but didn't he want to go somewhere and be "the man?"
"Wes, Hill, Ibaka, Allen, Nwora, Brook, Pat, Ingles, Khris are all slow-mo, injury prone ... a sandcastle waiting for playoff wave to get wrecked. A castle with no long-range archers... is destined to fall. That is all I have to say."-- FOTIS
j_hilge444
Senior
And1: 126

Post#978 » by j_hilge444 » Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:15 pm

BroncoBuck wrote:I’m probably in the minority, but I’d still like to see a Brook + Filler swap for Ayton this offseason if we bow out of the playoffs again. Especially if Portland would return one of our future firsts in the deal. I just think this is the perfect Ayton team. Clean the boards, play defense and put the ball in the basket. I know we’d lose out on Brook stretching the floor, but with Dame here instead of Bled/Jrue it’s not nearly as important as it used to be.

Why on earth would Portland do that?
Luke Ridnour getting silly all over - throwing mad alley oops to Ilyasova.
yb90
Pro Prospect
And1: 256

Post#979 » by yb90 » Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:59 pm

I think OKC is probably a better candidate depending on how they do in the playoffs. They need someone to bang with Jokic and Lopez can come in off the bench. New Orleans is another team that he fits with given their personnel. They have the athletes and length to funnel players to Lopez at the rim.
BroncoBuck
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,689

Post#980 » by BroncoBuck » Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:06 pm

j_hilge444 wrote:

Why on earth would Portland do that?

Brook is an expiring and Ayton is inked longer term. Portland could turn around and flip Brook, or just keep him as the old vet to help mentor the young guys. If Portland wants to give Ingram a max offer in free agency, trading Ayton and maybe the Bucks 2028 first doesn’t seem to prohibitive.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks