ImageImage

Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas - Horst to Detroit rumor

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,994

Re: Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas - Galloway Signed to 2 year, 2-Way Deal 

Post#981 » by Ron Swanson » Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:05 am

BroncoBuck wrote:I’m probably in the minority, but I’d still like to see a Brook + Filler swap for Ayton this offseason if we bow out of the playoffs again. Especially if Portland would return one of our future firsts in the deal. I just think this is the perfect Ayton team. Clean the boards, play defense and put the ball in the basket. I know we’d lose out on Brook stretching the floor, but with Dame here instead of Bled/Jrue it’s not nearly as important as it used to be.

I’ve been one of the few Ayton supporters over the years, but nah. Dude sets the softest screens and after 6-years, he’s just never gonna be a guy willing to the do the dirty work. He’d be a game changer if he ever tried working on extending his range, but the mental makeup/work ethic isn’t there.
stellation
RealGM
And1: 8,961

Re: Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas - Galloway Signed to 2 year, 2-Way Deal 

Post#982 » by stellation » Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:09 am

Ron Swanson wrote:
BroncoBuck wrote:I’m probably in the minority, but I’d still like to see a Brook + Filler swap for Ayton this offseason if we bow out of the playoffs again. Especially if Portland would return one of our future firsts in the deal. I just think this is the perfect Ayton team. Clean the boards, play defense and put the ball in the basket. I know we’d lose out on Brook stretching the floor, but with Dame here instead of Bled/Jrue it’s not nearly as important as it used to be.

I’ve been one of the few Ayton supporters over the years, but nah. Dude sets the softest screens and after 6-years, he’s just never gonna be a guy willing to the do the dirty work. He’d be a game changer if he ever tried working on extending his range, but the mental makeup/work ethic isn’t there.

So you see a little Giannis in his game? Interesting...

Spoiler:
:D
#FreeChuckDiesel
fansinceforever
Analyst
And1: 1,909

Post#983 » by fansinceforever » Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:19 am

I'd more than consider Brook + Filler for Ayton this off-season.
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach
And1: 4,767

Post#984 » by ShootingtheJ » Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:29 am

BroncoBuck wrote:
j_hilge444 wrote:

Why on earth would Portland do that?

Brook is an expiring and Ayton is inked longer term. Portland could turn around and flip Brook, or just keep him as the old vet to help mentor the young guys. If Portland wants to give Ingram a max offer in free agency, trading Ayton and maybe the Bucks 2028 first doesn’t seem to prohibitive.

Ayton has been on an absolute tear lately. Portland is dumping him now. Ayton didn't have his support system with him early in the season, and was going through much of the same Dame was. Unlike Dame, Ayton isn't a real mature individual, so he desperately needed that.

If Portland wants to chase a free agent, they'll move Brogdan.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,897

Post#985 » by emunney » Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:38 pm

fansinceforever wrote:I'd more than consider Brook + Filler for Ayton this off-season.

You'd scrutinize it?
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
fansinceforever
Analyst
And1: 1,909

Post#986 » by fansinceforever » Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:54 pm

emunney wrote:
fansinceforever wrote:I'd more than consider Brook + Filler for Ayton this off-season.

You'd scrutinize it?

Oh, I'm sure I would to an extent but I'm on board with this move that I highly doubt would be available to us this off-season.
jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,947

Post#987 » by jschligs » Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:58 pm

ShootingtheJ wrote:
BroncoBuck wrote:
j_hilge444 wrote:
Why on earth would Portland do that?

Brook is an expiring and Ayton is inked longer term. Portland could turn around and flip Brook, or just keep him as the old vet to help mentor the young guys. If Portland wants to give Ingram a max offer in free agency, trading Ayton and maybe the Bucks 2028 first doesn’t seem to prohibitive.

Ayton has been on an absolute tear lately. Portland is dumping him now. Ayton didn't have his support system with him early in the season, and was going through much of the same Dame was. Unlike Dame, Ayton isn't a real mature individual, so he desperately needed that.

By support system do you mean an actual mattress instead of an air mattress?
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,629

Post#988 » by JayMKE » Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:59 pm

Getting younger has to be priority regardless this offseason
FREE GIANNIS
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,136

Post#989 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:45 pm

jschligs wrote:
ShootingtheJ wrote:
BroncoBuck wrote:

Ugh, I came here to make a similar joke.
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,230

Post#990 » by DingleJerry » Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:51 pm

I'm not sure Ayton is any more than just ok starter and not ideal fit with Giannis since he can't shoot. But if a Brook based trade where they give us value back shows this offseason you have to do it just based on age alone. In addition, he is at least passable on the perimeter on D so maybe less likely to get matchupped off the floor? Soon as you get him its all about teaching how to make a corner 3. And then hope Giannis' energy/effort/intensity rubs off on him to
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
emunney
RealGM

Post#991 » by emunney » Wed Mar 20, 2024 5:38 pm

DingleJerry wrote:I'm not sure Ayton is any more than just ok starter and not ideal fit with Giannis since he can't shoot. But if a Brook based trade where they give us value back shows this offseason you have to do it just based on age alone. In addition, he is at least passable on the perimeter on D so maybe less likely to get matchupped off the floor? Soon as you get him its all about teaching how to make a corner 3. And then hope Giannis' energy/effort/intensity rubs off on him to

I think Ayton is a very good bet to extend his range to 3 over the next couple years. He's always been good in the 10-15 foot area but is taking more long 2s this year and drilling them. Highly doubt he'll ever play with the kind of force you'd want and expect from a guy of his stature, but his shooting shouldn't keep anybody from picking him up.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,186

Post#992 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:35 pm

This is all Damian's fault.
emunney
RealGM

Post#993 » by emunney » Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:55 pm

Parson Damian should be made to wear this shame. We shall stitch the Crimson 0.5 to his breast
Ryan5UW
General Manager
And1: 1,031

Post#994 » by Ryan5UW » Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:57 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:

Yeah, I've seen nothing of that dude that says championship winner to me.
"It's an illusion, Michael. A trick is something a whore does for money."
emunney
RealGM

Post#995 » by emunney » Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:00 pm

Ryan5UW wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:

Yeah, I've seen nothing of that dude that says championship winner to me.

Seems like the kind of guy who'd go up 2-0 and end up getting 50 hung on him in the game 6 clincher.
DingleJerry
RealGM

Post#996 » by DingleJerry » Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:09 pm

Call me crazy, but being a starter on a team that made the Finals and was 2 games away from a title at like age 22 is a good thing.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 23,147

Post#997 » by Baddy Chuck » Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:56 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:Image

This is all Damian's fault.

*Checks net rating*

Damian Lillard team high +8, on/off +14.4.

Mhm, mhm.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
DingleJerry
RealGM

Post#998 » by DingleJerry » Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:07 pm

Yea there was one a week or two back where Dame had a mid level fine game, say in the 23/7 area. I think they won but I don't remember for sure. He had a +/- in the upper teens or something super high while Giannis was a negative in the game. Of course its one game sample, teammates matter a lot in that sample etc but for how many years did the team just crater without Giannis on the floor. Nice to have this possibility now and even when Dame is just so/so the attention the D gives him is still such a massive advantage. Even in his brutal January stretch he was getting picked up and faceguarded at half court a lot. I haven't played close attention to it lately since rolling my eyes for months on Griffin, but hopefully they figure out that one of them should always be out there.
CharityStripe34
General Manager
And1: 5,742

Post#999 » by CharityStripe34 » Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:19 pm

Hopefully Khris being back stabilizes the disastrous Freak + benchers lineup in the second quarter that gets cremated every time.

Sent from my LM-K500 using RealGM mobile app
"Wes, Hill, Ibaka, Allen, Nwora, Brook, Pat, Ingles, Khris are all slow-mo, injury prone ... a sandcastle waiting for playoff wave to get wrecked. A castle with no long-range archers... is destined to fall. That is all I have to say."-- FOTIS
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach
And1: 4,767

Post#1000 » by ShootingtheJ » Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:13 am

jschligs wrote:
ShootingtheJ wrote:
BroncoBuck wrote:

Lol, no I meant all of his family that lives with him, but the air mattress stuff is hilarious. Like, he could just call and get a bunch of beds delivered, and throw out the ones he don't like. Instead, he slept on a single air mattress. Ayton is as tight with money as Giannis

Return to Milwaukee Bucks