RealGM
And1: 6,272

Re: PG: Memphis Blues 

Post#261 » by LUKE23 » Fri Feb 16, 2024 9:47 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=z5bh-T23L7pF9lWERiKSlA

Pretty amazing.

They are far better off staggering Lopez/GA at C (assuming it's a doable Lopez matchup) and going small when GA is in than they are playing Bobby. Taking him out of the rotation will never happen though.

I would like to see the GA at C lineup net ratings if anyone has them.
StickeeFingaz
RealGM
And1: 6,702

Post#262 » by StickeeFingaz » Fri Feb 16, 2024 9:53 pm

It’s been obvious all year.
#FreeChuckDiesel
yannisk
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,748

Post#263 » by yannisk » Fri Feb 16, 2024 10:01 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:
Read on Twitter

amazing Bobby can sink a team all by himself, I knew he had an impact but was not expecting it to be that strong, especially pairing him with Crowder is the bomb
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,231

Post#264 » by DingleJerry » Fri Feb 16, 2024 10:06 pm

Seems they should've made that trade, wow. I know he'd been a drain this year but no way I'd have guessed that badly. But, he yells and hits stuff so #culture

He seems like a prime tank commander. Put up counting stats on a bad team, someplace like Por would make sense for him
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 24,006

Post#265 » by Ron Swanson » Fri Feb 16, 2024 10:09 pm

I don't think it's been obvious to a lot of people at just how bad it's been though. Those numbers paint an incredibly damaging picture that pretty much matches the eye test. We're in like, Montrezl Harrell territory right now, and it's a problem.

Agreed that there's no way he's actually getting booted from the rotation though. Gotta give him his 20-25 minutes in the regular season and hope it works itself out, but Doc hesitating to pull the plug on Bobby in a crucial playoff series remains a very legitimate worry based on historical precedent, specifically with the former mentioned player.
Chessboxer
Analyst
And1: 677

Post#266 » by Chessboxer » Fri Feb 16, 2024 10:09 pm

Giannis from his post game interview with the Athletic last night

“There’s so many things that we have to do in order for us to be better,” Antetokounmpo said. “And it starts with, we have to want it. We have to want it. We have to want it. Like, what can I — what else should I say? Do we want it? Do we really want to win? Do we want to win?”

“We have to want it, man,” Antetokounmpo said. “Like enough with the talking. Enough with the, ‘our s— don’t-stink’ mentality. Do we really want it? Are we putting in the work? Are we going to put in the effort? Are we going to fight for what we think that we deserve or what our goals are trying to accomplish? That is the most important thing.

“Guys are tired, that’s an excuse. New coach, excuse. New system, excuse. New defense, excuse. All of it, it’s excuse. At the end of the day, you’re going to go out there and try to play basketball, try to compete and they competed harder than us today. They competed harder than us two days ago. We are not on track of what we are trying to do and I feel like the team feels it. The team feels it. I feel it.”

https://theathletic.com/5280208/2024/02/16/giannis-bucks-loss-grizzlies/
" What I do is attack your ability. I don't have to stand over you and taunt you. You'll know when it's done that I'm better."

-Micheal Jordan
dbrodz7
Sixth Man
And1: 1,272

Post#267 » by dbrodz7 » Fri Feb 16, 2024 10:10 pm

The championship DVD is going to be a wild ride when we win it all this year...oh wait there still isn't a f*cking DVD from 2021.
Misery loves company
rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,356

Post#268 » by rilamann » Fri Feb 16, 2024 10:13 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:
Read on Twitter

I was one of the few people around here who was extremely annoyed and frustrated last week when we didn't trade Bobby for Grant Williams, if that deal was on the table.

But after seeing that I feel even worse now. Thanks...lol.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,049

Post#269 » by MickeyDavis » Fri Feb 16, 2024 10:15 pm

Maybe those numbers are one of the reasons he wasn't traded. No one else wanted him. Twitter and Realgm aren't the only one's who look at analytics. :lol:
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,913

Post#270 » by emunney » Fri Feb 16, 2024 10:17 pm

Ohhhhhhh Mama. Can this reeeeeally beeee the eeeend?
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
Milbucks96
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,520

Post#271 » by Milbucks96 » Fri Feb 16, 2024 10:21 pm

Chessboxer wrote:Giannis from his post game interview with the Athletic last night

“There’s so many things that we have to do in order for us to be better,” Antetokounmpo said. “And it starts with, we have to want it. We have to want it. We have to want it. Like, what can I — what else should I say? Do we want it? Do we really want to win? Do we want to win?”

“We have to want it, man,” Antetokounmpo said. “Like enough with the talking. Enough with the, ‘our s— don’t-stink’ mentality. Do we really want it? Are we putting in the work? Are we going to put in the effort? Are we going to fight for what we think that we deserve or what our goals are trying to accomplish? That is the most important thing.

“Guys are tired, that’s an excuse. New coach, excuse. New system, excuse. New defense, excuse. All of it, it’s excuse. At the end of the day, you’re going to go out there and try to play basketball, try to compete and they competed harder than us today. They competed harder than us two days ago. We are not on track of what we are trying to do and I feel like the team feels it. The team feels it. I feel it.”

:reporter:
TroyD92
RealGM
And1: 10,843

Post#272 » by TroyD92 » Fri Feb 16, 2024 10:26 pm

Rebounding is important guys.
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.

Fotis St wrote:Wherever you are David, I love you man.
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,753

Post#273 » by chonestown » Fri Feb 16, 2024 10:30 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:I don't think it's been obvious to a lot of people at just how bad it's been though. Those numbers paint an incredibly damaging picture that pretty much matches the eye test. We're in like, Montrezl Harrell territory right now, and it's a problem.

Agreed that there's no way he's actually getting booted from the rotation though. Gotta give him his 20-25 minutes in the regular season and hope it works itself out, but Doc hesitating to pull the plug on Bobby in a crucial playoff series remains a very legitimate worry based on historical precedent, specifically with the former mentioned player.

I'll cop to being surprised it was THAT bleak.
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”
-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

"Poor as a mouse every morning/Rich as a cat every night."
-DCB
rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,356

Post#274 » by rilamann » Fri Feb 16, 2024 10:31 pm

Chessboxer wrote:Giannis from his post game interview with the Athletic last night

Giannis is 100% correct. You can talk about a new coach and a new defense ect. But the Buck's biggest problem, and it's obvious when you watch, is their lack of effort and intensity. And it's been the biggest issue with this team all season with multiple coaches.

I said back in November that AG probably wasn't a good NBA head coach. But with the Buck's effort level, it wouldn't matter who the coach is.

My post from November 12th.

rilamann wrote:Stuff like this is why it's hard for me to jump on AG.

Bucks just look like a bunch of dumb players who don't have their head in the game. With our collective BBIQ and effort level, prime Phil Jackson could be coaching this team and I am not sure it would matter all that much.

Now almost 60 games into the season, I think the lack of effort and intensity starts with Dame. He has looked all season like he wants no part of being in Milwaukee and it has effected the entire team.

I think Giannis is starting to realize that Dame is a phony.

Giannis is calling out a lack of effort and calling out guys making excuses. The guy who seems to have the biggest lack of effort and lack of intensity is Dame. And no one gets more excuses made for them than Dame.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****
pifhluk23
Sixth Man
And1: 908

Post#275 » by pifhluk23 » Fri Feb 16, 2024 10:44 pm

A lot of you berated me for wanting to do the Bobby for Grant Williams straight up. Simple addition by subtraction + Grant is young and has 2 years of very strong playoff performances. It was the most obvious trade I've seen since the Midds for Butler but sigh I don't get to make the decisions.
LUKE23
RealGM

Post#276 » by LUKE23 » Fri Feb 16, 2024 10:46 pm

From what I recall, Bobby was the backup trade if they couldn’t get Washington.
tonyreyes123
Starter
And1: 753

Post#277 » by tonyreyes123 » Fri Feb 16, 2024 11:01 pm

yannisk wrote:Last year Dame scored 30+ ppg on great efficiency, he has not forgotten basketball in 6 months. He will play better, hopefully during the playoffs (and not next year for another team).

Having said that there is no way he is a top75 player. Liability on defense and nothing special as play maker

Easy to do when your expectations are a 6 seed
Bucks tricked me into being a diehard in 2001, LeBron is the 2nd best player ever, and pizza is awesome.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 23,191

Post#278 » by Baddy Chuck » Fri Feb 16, 2024 11:02 pm

Take from it what you will, Giannis is dumb, Giannis needs more help, Dame doesn't care, Khris Middleton is the problem, etc

Dame on - 113 ORTG 101 DRTG (+12)
Dame off - 96 ORTG 140 DRTG (-44.6)
Giannis on - 107 ORTG 125 DRTG (-17.9)
Giannis off - 108 ORTG 62 DRTG (45.8)
Dame/Giannis on - 113 ORTG 117 DRTG (-4.2)
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
Dick Tate
Veteran
And1: 1,917

Post#279 » by Dick Tate » Fri Feb 16, 2024 11:03 pm

LUKE23 wrote:From what I recall, Bobby was the backup trade if they couldn’t get Washington.

Yeah, I don't get why these guys keep talking like it was the Bucks who pulled the deal off the table.
LUKE23
RealGM

Post#280 » by LUKE23 » Fri Feb 16, 2024 11:05 pm

Baddy Chuck wrote:Take from it what you will, Giannis is dumb, Giannis needs more help, Dame doesn't care, Khris Middleton is the problem, etc

Dame on - 113 ORTG 101 DRTG (+12)
Dame off - 96 ORTG 140 DRTG (-44.6)
Giannis on - 107 ORTG 125 DRTG (-17.9)
Giannis off - 108 ORTG 62 DRTG (45.8)
Dame/Giannis on - 113 ORTG 117 DRTG (-4.2)

Can you give the minute total with these?

Return to Milwaukee Bucks