ImageImage

PG: Memphis Blues

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,272

Re: PG: Memphis Blues 

Post#341 » by LUKE23 » Sun Feb 18, 2024 7:45 pm

Anyone mentioning trading Giannis should be permanently banned from this forum.
-Jragon-
Head Coach
And1: 1,668

Post#342 » by -Jragon- » Sun Feb 18, 2024 8:07 pm

LUKE23 wrote:Anyone mentioning trading Giannis should be permanently banned from this forum.

:nod:
-Jragon-
Head Coach

Post#343 » by -Jragon- » Sun Feb 18, 2024 8:14 pm

Assuming post all star Dame gets some shooting confidence back... those drive and - and 1s have been nice! He is still that man
-Jragon-
Head Coach

Post#344 » by -Jragon- » Sun Feb 18, 2024 8:20 pm

Some perspective for the trade Dame guys. Do you think if the Clippers traded for Giannis to play with their stars that a rookie head coach would have Giannis playing like he did here in a half of a season? Nah I think that cohesion would take time and strong leadership.

I hope someday we find out the behind the scenes... I BET there has been rifts between our players that haven't been getting solved and got Doc as our smoother.. do we still have a real insider? We have some stubborn personalities ... spill it
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 8,108

Post#345 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:27 pm

LUKE23 wrote:Anyone mentioning trading Giannis should be permanently banned from this forum.

trade deadline just past. was that actually a discussion here somewhere?

my understanding was for some of us any mention had more to do with a rebuild at some point and what approach we'd take. if we rebuild its 99% sure he demands out anyway

confusing post unless youre just confused yourself

as for me personally if i knew 100% as a fact he wanted to retire here id never bring up trading him again no matter how sorry ass we look. im assuming thats not an option tho so better sooner than later once you realize the ship sailed with this bunch
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,272

Post#346 » by LUKE23 » Mon Feb 19, 2024 2:14 am

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:

trade deadline just past. was that actually a discussion here somewhere?

my understanding was for some of us any mention had more to do with a rebuild at some point and what approach we'd take. if we rebuild its 99% sure he demands out anyway

confusing post unless youre just confused yourself

as for me personally if i knew 100% as a fact he wanted to retire here id never bring up trading him again no matter how sorry ass we look. im assuming thats not an option tho so better sooner than later once you realize the ship sailed with this bunch

There needs to be a”-1” feature on this forum.
stillgotgame
Analyst
And1: 1,970

Post#347 » by stillgotgame » Mon Feb 19, 2024 2:23 am

-Jragon- wrote:Assuming post all star Dame gets some shooting confidence back... those drive and - and 1s have been nice! He is still that man

There's nothing wrong with his shooting confidence.
He leads the league in FT shooting %.
He's the back-to-back 3 point contest champion
He's currently the leading scorer in the All_star game.

The problem isn't the players.
-Jragon-
Head Coach

Post#348 » by -Jragon- » Mon Feb 19, 2024 4:11 am

stillgotgame wrote:
-Jragon- wrote:Assuming post all star Dame gets some shooting confidence back... those drive and - and 1s have been nice! He is still that man

There's nothing wrong with his shooting confidence.
He leads the league in FT shooting %.
He's the back-to-back 3 point contest champion
He's currently the leading scorer in the All_star game.

The problem isn't the players.

Yeah you're probably right.. we probably have to simplify things and let Dame cook.. then as the gravity builds towards Dame out high, guys have to get to the space created and make shots or take open lanes (draw/kick and find who's open if needed). This weekend is why I've been prioritizing getting Dame going instead of him sharing the creating with other wings on our team... our ceiling is way higher with him having the ball
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 24,002

Post#349 » by Ron Swanson » Mon Feb 19, 2024 2:13 pm

-Jragon- wrote:Some perspective for the trade Dame guys. Do you think if the Clippers traded for Giannis to play with their stars that a rookie head coach would have Giannis playing like he did here in a half of a season? Nah I think that cohesion would take time and strong leadership.

I hope someday we find out the behind the scenes... I BET there has been rifts between our players that haven't been getting solved and got Doc as our smoother.. do we still have a real insider? We have some stubborn personalities ... spill it

The Clippers are actually a good example for other reasons. If some people here had their way, they'd have bailed on PG and Kawhi after the 2021 playoffs cuz "something something Paul George ain't it" and "something something Kawhi will never stay healthy" (sound familiar?).

Now, the latter might still end up being true, but that Clippers core is now in Year 5 looking like arguably the best team in the conference, even after making a universally hated trade for "old and slow" James Harden and filling out their entire roster with veteran players. Can't imagine the kind of panic this board would be experiencing if Giannis was 33 instead of 29, but I'll ask the same question that I'd ask Clippers fans, What was the alternative? Trading PG and just praying you hit on enough draft picks and young players to where you can get to......where they currently sit right now 2-3 years later?
-Jragon-
Head Coach

Post#350 » by -Jragon- » Mon Feb 19, 2024 2:22 pm

I know it's anti-culture to complain about our top ahem 3 players, but I have a gripe about Giannis from re-watching pieces of the last few games. WTF doesn't GA box out? When a shot goes up, he doesn't look for an opposing player, and even worse, he lets any player come right next to him. He would have like double the rebounds every game if he boxed out and the other teams would have like 6-10 less points off of their offensive rebounds they get from it. Is he protecting his body or does he not actually know how to or why it's important? We learn this is like 5th grade basketball. He also doesn't really set a solid screen and take a couple quick steps to get into open space and find a lane with the ball handler... like we have 20 mfing assistant coaches --- someone help these guys. I don't get why we still play stupid when we have all these veteran players and we're the oldest team in the league.

If he isn't boxing out or setting hard screen to protect his body I think it's actually going to work the opposite way.. it's way safer to grab a rebound after you boxed a guy out and protected your position then trying to out jump dudes then you land on them. And it's also safer if you initiate most of the screen contact instead of just getting ran into.... 20 mfing assistant coaches -- i don't get wtf they are doing... are they just buddies with the team?
-Jragon-
Head Coach

Post#351 » by -Jragon- » Mon Feb 19, 2024 2:47 pm

-Jragon- wrote:I know it's anti-culture to complain about our top ahem 3 players, but I have a gripe about Giannis from re-watching pieces of the last few games. WTF doesn't GA box out? When a shot goes up, he doesn't look for an opposing player, and even worse, he lets any player come right next to him. He would have like double the rebounds every game if he boxed out and the other teams would have like 6-10 less points off of their offensive rebounds they get from it. Is he protecting his body or does he not actually know how to or why it's important? We learn this is like 5th grade basketball. He also doesn't really set a solid screen and take a couple quick steps to get into open space and find a lane with the ball handler... like we have 20 mfing assistant coaches --- someone help these guys. I don't get why we still play stupid when we have all these veteran players and we're the oldest team in the league.

If he isn't boxing out or setting hard screen to protect his body I think it's actually going to work the opposite way.. it's way safer to grab a rebound after you boxed a guy out and protected your position then trying to out jump dudes then you land on them. And it's also safer if you initiate most of the screen contact instead of just getting ran into.... 20 mfing assistant coaches -- i don't get wtf they are doing... are they just buddies with the team?

This is making me more and more mad just thinking about it. Imagine an assistant coach even trying to tell our stars something.. (random assistant), "hey Giannis, you let that scrub G league player stand right next to you and get a put back shot it to take the lead." (Giannis), "Hey stf up, I make your whole yearly salary in 2 quarters; how many All-Star games did you play in..." (assistant), "hey Kris, you know when you stand in the backcourt next to Dame it just brings another defender to stop Dame who is one of the best basketball players in the league - maybe you should go towards the corner and gtf out of the way." (Khris), "Yeah stupid I know, after my defender traps him that's how I get the ball and can shoot my long 2 point shots baby! Now shut up and get my towels ready to soak up all this Khash juice so I can get these 14 points right quick."
BigO
Analyst
And1: 3,211

Post#352 » by BigO » Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:54 am

This is probably going too far. The people who talk about trading Giannis ( usually have similar bad takes) need some place to vent their frustrations. This is a good place for that. Do you really want to ban them and let them loose on the rest of society?
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 8,108

Post#353 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Tue Feb 20, 2024 2:09 am

BigO wrote:

This is probably going too far. The people who talk about trading Giannis ( usually have similar bad takes) need some place to vent their frustrations. This is a good place for that. Do you really want to ban them and let them loose on the rest of society?

"trade giannis" is more a slogan like "this is over"..... the idea wed do a complete reload around him is even more absurd than trading him so what option then?

its not like people have actually proposed trades in the trade checker ffs

for now ive decided the discussion is more balanced on the general board where this seems clearly understood and without bucks homers the discussion may be better suited for where im at as a fan of this team

i struggle even watching full games now for the first time in decades. its a gross experience and i admit my part of the discussion is not good for those that think differently than me and are still expecting they turn it around. personally i cant intellectually join that conversation so im sort of screwed here

with that... consider me dipped. thankfully not banned for having had enough :D
GoldenAntlers
General Manager
And1: 4,519

Post#354 » by GoldenAntlers » Tue Feb 20, 2024 2:21 am

I find it odd that people who willingly spend hours of their free time discovering niche trades for Semi Ojeleye could get this worked up when other basketball nerds suggest "hypothetical" scenarios that would give them endless entertainment in the trade machines.
"Silence is a source of great strength." - Lao Tzu
BigO
Analyst
And1: 3,211

Post#355 » by BigO » Tue Feb 20, 2024 1:20 pm

Wait. We could have gotten something for Semi? Please resurrect that proposal. I seriously want to see it.

Out of all the players the Bucks have had, I think he is the worst, although I'm probably wrong. Maybe Joe Alexander.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks