Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

sidney lanier
Head Coach
And1: 10,000

Re: Around The League 

Post#61 » by sidney lanier » Mon Feb 19, 2024 4:34 pm

-Jragon- wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:
-Jragon- wrote:Which it's fine and good to say that but not on a hot mic... we just made the regular season games against the East 20% harder for ourselves
I know it's a dead time with no games but come on. Opponents need extra motivation going against 2 NBA 75 players? A 2 time MVP and Finals MVP who dropped 50 to win the title? 20% harder? Opponents: "Did you hear what Giannis said? I'm now extra motivated playing against him". No

Lockerroom: "Hey guys, Giannis said we're a bunch of kids. Yall ready to show him what some kids can do to some old men?" I mean yeah they might run and jump 20% more from some commentary like that. I would... I'd F them up if they called me a kid.

That kind of juvenile reaction would make Giannis's point for him, wouldn't it?

"The Bucks in six always. That's for the culture." -- B. Jennings
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 21,011

Post#62 » by Matches Malone » Mon Feb 19, 2024 4:43 pm

Read on Twitter
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
-Jragon-
Head Coach
And1: 1,663

Post#63 » by -Jragon- » Mon Feb 19, 2024 4:49 pm

sidney lanier wrote:
-Jragon- wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote: I know it's a dead time with no games but come on. Opponents need extra motivation going against 2 NBA 75 players? A 2 time MVP and Finals MVP who dropped 50 to win the title? 20% harder? Opponents: "Did you hear what Giannis said? I'm now extra motivated playing against him". No

Lockerroom: "Hey guys, Giannis said we're a bunch of kids. Yall ready to show him what some kids can do to some old men?" I mean yeah they might run and jump 20% more from some commentary like that. I would... I'd F them up if they called me a kid.

That kind of juvenile reaction would make Giannis's point for him, wouldn't it?

Hopefully you're right and it's some genius calculated move to later break them down psychologically 8-)
RogerMurdock
Analyst
And1: 6,606

Post#64 » by RogerMurdock » Mon Feb 19, 2024 5:28 pm

-Jragon- wrote:Soo.... Giannis though might have low key put an even bigger target on our back while we're still running through plays like it's preseason. He said to Dame, while on mic, "all we have to do is beat some kids to get a chip,".... like dude, you couldn't wait until the mic was off before you say that?

He didn't say "all we have to do." And beyond that, he actually noted he was mic'ed up. He was clearly just having fun and his comment was more "wow, can you believe we're the old guys?"

I just don't get how so many people get their undies in a wad over things Giannis says when 95% of what he says is just him goofing around. OH WHAT A FOOL, WHAT A RUBE! HE WANTS TO BE IN THE THREE-POINT CONTEST! God forbid a guy enjoy playing a sport and being around his teammates and other players. MUST TAKE EVERYTHING SERIOUSLY.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,890

Post#65 » by emunney » Mon Feb 19, 2024 5:56 pm

I wonder if Giannis could jump from behind the 3 pt line on fast breaks and shoot some sort of soft scoop shot just before he lands, dunk the rebound if necessary.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,979

Post#66 » by Badgerlander » Mon Feb 19, 2024 6:09 pm

emunney wrote:I wonder if Giannis could jump from behind the 3 pt line on fast breaks and shoot some sort of soft scoop shot just before he lands, dunk the rebound if necessary.

Ive been waiting for Wemby to try that. Like Dwight superman throw in dunk from the free throw line but a running floater from the 3 pt line off the backboard
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,979

Post#67 » by Badgerlander » Mon Feb 19, 2024 6:10 pm

Matches Malone wrote:
Read on Twitter

Bazley strikes me as a guy that still barely comprehends how to play team ball
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,031

Post#68 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Feb 19, 2024 6:11 pm

RogerMurdock wrote:
-Jragon- wrote:Soo.... Giannis though might have low key put an even bigger target on our back while we're still running through plays like it's preseason. He said to Dame, while on mic, "all we have to do is beat some kids to get a chip,".... like dude, you couldn't wait until the mic was off before you say that?

He didn't say "all we have to do." And beyond that, he actually noted he was mic'ed up. He was clearly just having fun and his comment was more "wow, can you believe we're the old guys?"

I just don't get how so many people get their undies in a wad over things Giannis says when 95% of what he says is just him goofing around. OH WHAT A FOOL, WHAT A RUBE! HE WANTS TO BE IN THE THREE-POINT CONTEST! God forbid a guy enjoy playing a sport and being around his teammates and other players. MUST TAKE EVERYTHING SERIOUSLY.

Indeed. When you stand there and have a mic attached and tell people about it, it's not a "hot mic". :lol:
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
-Jragon-
Head Coach

Post#69 » by -Jragon- » Mon Feb 19, 2024 6:15 pm

RogerMurdock wrote:

maybe I misunderstood it .. but he did say chip so it was about more than the all star game, right?

https://www.tiktok.com/@dimeuproxx/video/7337135162783845675
-Jragon-
Head Coach

Post#70 » by -Jragon- » Mon Feb 19, 2024 6:17 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:
RogerMurdock wrote:

Indeed. When you stand there and have a mic attached and tell people about it, it's not a "hot mic". :lol:

he was covering his mouth though.. did you hear it?

https://www.tiktok.com/@dimeuproxx/video/7337135162783845675
-Jragon-
Head Coach

Post#71 » by -Jragon- » Mon Feb 19, 2024 6:18 pm

emunney wrote:I wonder if Giannis could jump from behind the 3 pt line on fast breaks and shoot some sort of soft scoop shot just before he lands, dunk the rebound if necessary.

in my dream i can... then I like triple pump fake before I reverse dunk it... I just like float
German Athens
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,058

Post#72 » by German Athens » Mon Feb 19, 2024 6:56 pm

Maybe the refs would start to protect him like a 3pt shooter as well. People sliding in late? Flagrant 1, en route to another giannis 5pt play.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,682

Post#73 » by WeekapaugGroove » Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:10 pm

The only 'fix' to any sports all star games is the NFLs where you just stop playing the game.

Todays athlete just doesn't care about them and won't no matter the gimmick.

Maybe I'm just projecting though since it's been decades since I've watched one.

Sent from my SM-F731U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,184

Post#74 » by ReasonablySober » Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:23 pm

MLB has the closest you can get to a good ASG. It isn't perfect because of dumb rules (every team gets a rep) or because many of the pitchers simply can't play because of their spot in their team's rotation, but it's generally a pretty great watch because of the one on one nature.
AntetokounmBros
Rookie
And1: 1,192

Post#75 » by AntetokounmBros » Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:29 pm

It's kind of like asking college students to study on spring break. Edwards straight up said they view it as time off, so no one is looking to actually compete.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,031

Post#76 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:51 pm

At the very least return to the Elam ending.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
GoldenAntlers
General Manager
And1: 4,518

Post#77 » by GoldenAntlers » Tue Feb 20, 2024 1:49 am

humanrefutation wrote:I'm not sure there is an incentive that the NBA could offer to convince any of these guys to actually compete. Not in a full court game, at least. The incentive to stay healthy far outweighs anything else.

It seems to me that the biggest motivator for these guys are solo-oriented. The guys regularly show out for the 3 point contest, for example. Maybe if they did a bunch of one-on-one matchups until they got to a final of one west guy versus one east guy, or something like that.
$$$$$
"Silence is a source of great strength." - Lao Tzu
GoldenAntlers
General Manager
And1: 4,518

Post#78 » by GoldenAntlers » Tue Feb 20, 2024 1:50 am

-Jragon- wrote:He was saying we are the oldest All Stars in the East and let's go Dame and beat all the kids a$$'s so we can get to the finals..
Yup. That and just having fun on the mic.
"Silence is a source of great strength." - Lao Tzu
engelmartin
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,884

Post#79 » by engelmartin » Tue Feb 20, 2024 3:26 am

Steph Curry on retirement:

“I’m going to keep on setting pointless records and losing in the first round of the playoffs like Lebron for at least another decade.”

Both them dudes gonna be like 51 when they are done losing in the first round of the playoffs and setting pointless records. I’m here for it.
KnicksGod wrote:Middleton probably the most underrated player in NBA History
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,225

Post#80 » by DingleJerry » Tue Feb 20, 2024 3:29 am

ReasonablySober wrote:MLB has the closest you can get to a good ASG. It isn't perfect because of dumb rules (every team gets a rep) or because many of the pitchers simply can't play because of their spot in their team's rotation, but it's generally a pretty great watch because of the one on one nature.

Yea its the only one that resembles a real game. Tweak I'd make is the ASG starters are allowed to re-enter the game one time. So it would allow the starters and best players to be out there at the end to decide it.
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks