Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

sidney lanier
Head Coach
And1: 10,000

Re: Around The League 

Post#661 » by sidney lanier » Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:09 pm

emunney wrote:
Jez2983 wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:Brandon Ingrams going to be missing some time. The knee should not bend that way.

Read on Twitter

I'm hopeful that won't be as bad as it looks. That's like the Giannis injury. However, as Ingram is a human, not a Greek God, he'll probably miss a few weeks.

It also could be an ACL. Obviously crossing everything that it isn't.

Same as Giannis IIRC

Read on Twitter

Yeah, it gave me flashbacks. Giannis's hyperextension was more straight back and looked worse, and how he recovered that quickly and returned to playing at a high level in a couple of days after all the "well, that's a year" dire predictions ranks as one of the luckiest breaks in Wisconsin sports history.
"The Bucks in six always. That's for the culture." -- B. Jennings
BigO
Analyst
And1: 3,211

Post#662 » by BigO » Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:42 pm

The one team I don't want to face, unless it's in the Eastern finals, is a healthy Knicks team.
GoldenAntlers
General Manager
And1: 4,520

Post#663 » by GoldenAntlers » Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:50 pm

BigO wrote:The one team I don't want to face, unless it's in the Eastern finals, is a healthy Knicks team.
Winning in MSG to advance to the Finals would be a lot of fun.
"Silence is a source of great strength." - Lao Tzu
ShootingtheJ
General Manager
And1: 4,777

Post#664 » by ShootingtheJ » Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:01 pm

BigO wrote:The one team I don't want to face, unless it's in the Eastern finals, is a healthy Knicks team.

They are good, but they won't get the boost of simply playing their best more minutes that every other team gets, because they already do. That, and Thibs simply hasn't shown anything as a playoff coach.

We have no answer for Brunson at all, but can he score 50 a game for a full series?
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 24,007

Post#665 » by Ron Swanson » Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:16 pm

We're 3-1 vs. the Knicks with a +10.4 net-rating, and all 4-games were without any sort of gameplan because that doofus Adrian Griffin was still sitting on the bench and actively holding this team back. I can't imagine there's a possible home court team I'm less concerned about in the playoffs. I guess Orlando if they hang onto the 4-seed?
Milbucks96
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,520

Post#666 » by Milbucks96 » Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:39 pm

I like a healthy knicks team, I think they could take out Boston. But they’re falling apart with injuries and DDV hasn’t gotten his annual 2-3 month injury yet.
BigO
Analyst
And1: 3,211

Post#667 » by BigO » Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:20 pm

Milbucks96 wrote:I like a healthy knicks team, I think they could take out Boston. But they’re falling apart with injuries and DDV hasn’t gotten his annual 2-3 month injury yet.

My concern is if the Knicks are entirely healthy, including Anunoby. Everyone should be concerned about a playoff roster of :

Brunson
Anunoby
Randall
DDV
Josh Hart
Bogdanovic

And the criticism of Thibs is about as misplaced an analysis that I can imagine. He has done more with less with this team over the last few years than any coach could (maybe a few others). I want them playing Boston in a brutal physical battle.

Give me any other team.
ShootingtheJ
General Manager
And1: 4,777

Post#668 » by ShootingtheJ » Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:57 pm

BigO wrote:
Milbucks96 wrote:I like a healthy knicks team, I think they could take out Boston. But they’re falling apart with injuries and DDV hasn’t gotten his annual 2-3 month injury yet.

My concern is if the Knicks are entirely healthy, including Anunoby. Everyone should be concerned about a playoff roster of :

Brunson
Anunoby
Randall
DDV
Josh Hart
Bogdanovic

And the criticism of Thibs is about as misplaced an analysis that I can imagine. He has done more with less with this team over the last few years than any coach could (maybe a few others). I want them playing Boston in a brutal physical battle.

Give me any other team.

You just listed a bunch of players who struggle mightily in the playoffs.

Also, the type of offense that gives the Bucks fits are one that move the ball quickly, and the Knicks do the opposite.
Jez2983
RealGM
And1: 7,959

Post#669 » by Jez2983 » Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:10 pm

emunney wrote:
Jez2983 wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:Brandon Ingrams going to be missing some time. The knee should not bend that way.

Read on Twitter

I'm hopeful that won't be as bad as it looks. That's like the Giannis injury. However, as Ingram is a human, not a Greek God, he'll probably miss a few weeks.

It also could be an ACL. Obviously crossing everything that it isn't.

Same as Giannis IIRC

Read on Twitter

Yep, that's what I was thinking. Glad it wasn't worse for him, but a frank hypertension weirdly may actually protect the ACL, which needs more of a rotation component in the injury mechanism. Ingram will be a sore boy for a bit though...
trwi7 wrote:Will be practicing my best Australian accent for tomorrow.

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"
Plossum
General Manager
And1: 4,996

Post#670 » by Plossum » Sat Mar 23, 2024 3:59 am

The Warriors somehow squeezed one elite season out of Wiggins and it got them their (likely) last title in the Steph era. He's been utter ass ever since.
#LockUpChuck
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,773

Post#671 » by MikeIsGood » Sat Mar 23, 2024 2:48 pm

Bringing this over from Reddit because it's so damn weird.

Nuggets superfan banned after 25 years as season ticket holder

There's some they said/she said over some of it, but undoubtedly some parts are just...strange.

She says she was accused of passing notes to referees against the rules.

"Well I did that," she admitted. "OK. But I passed a note to the refs every game for 25 years. Christmas cards, birthday cards, everything."

WHAT :lol:
stellation
RealGM
And1: 8,964

Post#672 » by stellation » Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:11 pm

I’m an extremely positive person, and generally err on not providing negative commentary on people just trying to live their lives. I don’t think I carry any real prejudices or preconceived notions.

That said- I think I become slightly less enamoured with Wemby each day, and I think that’s partly because he’s French.
#FreeChuckDiesel
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,510

Post#673 » by HKPackFan » Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:24 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:Bringing this over from Reddit because it's so damn weird.

Nuggets superfan banned after 25 years as season ticket holder

There's some they said/she said over some of it, but undoubtedly some parts are just...strange.

She says she was accused of passing notes to referees against the rules.

"Well I did that," she admitted. "OK. But I passed a note to the refs every game for 25 years. Christmas cards, birthday cards, everything."

WHAT :lol:

We had a group setup an inappropriate message (we had individual letters and a couple guys switched it to make it inappropriate) at a baseball game.

We were forced to stop holding up the sign and the manager insisted it was inappropriate. We had no idea.

30 minutes later they sent us a copy of the picture showing the sign was inappropriate.

So there's super easy ways to prove if she broke rules. This should be a 30 minute issue.
#FreeChuckDiesel
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,890

Post#674 » by blazza18 » Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:14 am

Houston seem to be really going after that 10th seed the Warriors currently hold. Up 30 at the half over Utah
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
Licensed to Il
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,763

Post#675 » by Licensed to Il » Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:28 am

stellation wrote:I’m an extremely positive person, and generally err on not providing negative commentary on people just trying to live their lives. I don’t think I carry any real prejudices or preconceived notions.

That said- I think I become slightly less enamoured with Wemby each day, and I think that’s partly because he’s French.

I hate France. But if Wemby embraced the hate, and talked like Sasha Baron Cohen in “Ricky Bobby” and just acted like the coolest mofo in the history of France he’s be my all time favorite villain of any genre.
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,755

Post#676 » by chonestown » Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:48 am

stellation wrote:I’m an extremely positive person, and generally err on not providing negative commentary on people just trying to live their lives. I don’t think I carry any real prejudices or preconceived notions.

I just can't get over him having the first name "Victor."

Victor? Really?

Let's just say I'd be more bullish on him if his name was "Steve."
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”
-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

"Poor as a mouse every morning/Rich as a cat every night."
-DCB
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,050

Post#677 » by MickeyDavis » Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:04 am

Celtics were without Brown, Porzingas and Jrue. Take care of the Bulls in Chicago.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
stellation
RealGM
And1: 8,964

Post#678 » by stellation » Sun Mar 24, 2024 4:29 am

chonestown wrote:

I just can't get over him having the first name "Victor."

Victor? Really?

Let's just say I'd be more bullish on him if his name was "Steve."

Victor in your rookie year? Go win something, then come back to me with your Victor!
#FreeChuckDiesel
MiltownMadness
Starter
And1: 993

Post#679 » by MiltownMadness » Sun Mar 24, 2024 5:26 am

BigO wrote:

Brunson
Anunoby
Randall
DDV
Josh Hart
Bogdanovic

Give me any other team.

Listing Bogdanovic....he is washed and I've happened to see plenty of him this year. 51% TS with the Knicks, one of the worst defenders in the league. That roster is a 2nd round ceiling
Plossum
General Manager
And1: 4,996

Post#680 » by Plossum » Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:14 am

Wonder if Jalen Green is on a heater or has turned a big corner in his career. Guy is killing it atm.
#LockUpChuck

Return to Milwaukee Bucks