Around The League

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Ayt
RealGM
And1: 13,789

Re: Around The League 

Post#81 » by Ayt » Tue Feb 20, 2024 4:30 am

engelmartin wrote:Steph Curry on retirement:

“I’m going to keep on setting pointless records and losing in the first round of the playoffs like Lebron for at least another decade.”

Both them dudes gonna be like 51 when they are done losing in the first round of the playoffs and setting pointless records. I’m here for it.

The Lakers were in the Western Conference Finals just last season. Steph hasn't lost in the 1st round in 10 years and won a title just 2 years ago.

I'd love to see Giannis playing until he's 40 doing his best Kareem impression.
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,748

Post#82 » by MikeIsGood » Tue Feb 20, 2024 4:36 am

Steph is putting up 28/4/5 on 46/42/92. Why in the ever loving hell would he retire :lol:
sidney lanier
Head Coach
And1: 10,000

Post#83 » by sidney lanier » Tue Feb 20, 2024 3:42 pm

Badgerlander wrote:
emunney wrote:I wonder if Giannis could jump from behind the 3 pt line on fast breaks and shoot some sort of soft scoop shot just before he lands, dunk the rebound if necessary.

Ive been waiting for Wemby to try that. Like Dwight superman throw in dunk from the free throw line but a running floater from the 3 pt line off the backboard

https://www.sbnation.com/2022/3/26/22996516/wilt-chamberlain-dunked-from-the-free-throw-line-and-terrified-the-rule-makers
"The Bucks in six always. That's for the culture." -- B. Jennings
Licensed to Il
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,759

Post#84 » by Licensed to Il » Tue Feb 20, 2024 5:21 pm

sidney lanier wrote:
Badgerlander wrote:
emunney wrote:I wonder if Giannis could jump from behind the 3 pt line on fast breaks and shoot some sort of soft scoop shot just before he lands, dunk the rebound if necessary.

Ive been waiting for Wemby to try that. Like Dwight superman throw in dunk from the free throw line but a running floater from the 3 pt line off the backboard

https://www.sbnation.com/2022/3/26/22996516/wilt-chamberlain-dunked-from-the-free-throw-line-and-terrified-the-rule-makers

When I was in middle school, there was a game “Celtics vs Lakers” on Sega Genesis and each star had a secret signature move. For some reason David Robinson (or possibly Tom Chambers) could dunk from the three point line. My friends and I quickly outlawed it. Giannis should just learn that move.
steger_3434
RealGM
And1: 5,481

Post#85 » by steger_3434 » Wed Feb 21, 2024 2:18 am

Licensed to Il wrote:
sidney lanier wrote:
Badgerlander wrote:

When I was in middle school, there was a game “Celtics vs Lakers” on Sega Genesis and each star had a secret signature move. For some reason David Robinson (or possibly Tom Chambers) could dunk from the three point line. My friends and I quickly outlawed it. Giannis should just learn that move.

That was Tom Chambers

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
yiyiyi wrote:give rockets Redd ,houston give you T-MAC in return .please help rockets!
i dont want see that woman anymore !
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#86 » by MikeIsGood » Wed Feb 21, 2024 3:58 am

Wiretap wrote:Lester Quinones, Warriors Agree To Standard NBA Contract

...the 'What Would You Do' guy?
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,881

Post#87 » by emunney » Wed Feb 21, 2024 2:28 pm

Bolden signed a 10 day with the Hornets, good for him. Probably should still be our 3rd 2 way, but it's not super likely to hurt us.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,979

Post#88 » by Badgerlander » Wed Feb 21, 2024 5:47 pm

Read on Twitter
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
StickeeFingaz
RealGM
And1: 6,702

Post#89 » by StickeeFingaz » Wed Feb 21, 2024 6:21 pm

Mo Wagner involved in a dangerous play, shocking.
#FreeChuckDiesel
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,125

Post#90 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Wed Feb 21, 2024 7:02 pm

Why didn't Jordan's move count for three points in space jam?
Plossum
General Manager
And1: 4,977

Post#91 » by Plossum » Thu Feb 22, 2024 12:22 am

#LockUpChuck
drew881
RealGM
And1: 5,002

Post#92 » by drew881 » Thu Feb 22, 2024 1:52 am

steger_3434 wrote:
Licensed to Il wrote:

That was Tom Chambers

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

There was also a spot near the logo where you could shoot threes. Basically Dame Lillard in 1987
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#93 » by MikeIsGood » Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:02 am

Plossum wrote:https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/1awl8lz/jalen_brunson_goes_on_record_to_confirm_he_twice/

Has to be one of the great FO failures in recent NBA history.

4/55 would have been an excellent contract even if he never got one iota better. Not to mention doubling his **** production. It really is/was gross FO negligence.
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,643

Post#94 » by Profound23 » Thu Feb 22, 2024 2:10 pm

It's funny, for years or even decades a lot of us have said how the NBA is biased against small markets and does what they can to keep the big markets like LA, Boston, Miami in the championship games. We were called conspiracy theorists. Yet, the NBA is upping the bar for allstar games so they will only be played in the few big market cities.
GoldenAntlers
General Manager
And1: 4,516

Post#95 » by GoldenAntlers » Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:05 pm

Profound23 wrote:It's funny, for years or even decades a lot of us have said how the NBA is biased against small markets and does what they can to keep the big markets like LA, Boston, Miami in the championship games. We were called conspiracy theorists. Yet, the NBA is upping the bar for allstar games so they will only be played in the few big market cities.
Think I missed something.
I heard Milwaukee put in to be considered for an All Star game. Did the NBA rebuttle by changing their standards? Or is this a reaction to the fact we will probably never meet current standards?
"Silence is a source of great strength." - Lao Tzu
GoldenAntlers
General Manager
And1: 4,516

Post#96 » by GoldenAntlers » Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:06 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:
Plossum wrote:https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/1awl8lz/jalen_brunson_goes_on_record_to_confirm_he_twice/

4/55 would have been an excellent contract even if he never got one iota better. Not to mention doubling his **** production. It really is/was gross FO negligence.
Was there ever any sign that Luka didn't want him?
"Silence is a source of great strength." - Lao Tzu
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#97 » by MikeIsGood » Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:11 pm

GoldenAntlers wrote:
MikeIsGood wrote:

Was there ever any sign that Luka didn't want him?

Not to my knowledge. In fact, I believe they were really close and Luka was pretty pissed - very publicly - that they let him go.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,978

Post#98 » by Ron Swanson » Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:11 pm

GoldenAntlers wrote:
Profound23 wrote:It's funny, for years or even decades a lot of us have said how the NBA is biased against small markets and does what they can to keep the big markets like LA, Boston, Miami in the championship games. We were called conspiracy theorists. Yet, the NBA is upping the bar for allstar games so they will only be played in the few big market cities.
Think I missed something.
I heard Milwaukee put in to be considered for an All Star game. Did the NBA rebuttle by changing their standards? Or is this a reaction to the fact we will probably never meet current standards?

https://basketnews.com/news-202214-updated-requirements-to-host-nba-all-star-weekend-revealed.html

As Oklahoma City is trying to get the opportunity to host the event, the city was informed about the new requirements, Joe Mussatto from The Oklahoman notes:

7,250 hotel rooms and a minimum of three five-star hotels.
Convention center of 650,000 square feet (60,386 m²) of exhibition space.
75 nonstop domestic flights and at least 20 international flights.
Oklahoma's Will Rogers World Airport currently offers just 25 non-stop flights, two of which are seasonal, and there are no international flights. The city additionally lacks more than 2000 hotel rooms, and the newly-built convention center falls short of the mark.

While the Thunder are set to build a new arena for a minimum of $900 million, $850 million of which will be funded by taxpayers, it will probably not be enough to bring the All-Star Weekend to such a seemingly small market.

Absolute d-bag "bait and switch" move by the league office. Wait until small-market teams approve new arena spending, then shift the goal posts. Silver is a con artist.
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 21,002

Post#99 » by Matches Malone » Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:20 pm

Silver is giving Manfred a run for his money at being the worst commissioner in sports. Don't let his looks or soft demeanor fool you, he's a snake. Making the NBA some glamourous elitist sport that only caters to celebs and the 1%. When your league is more enamored with off-the-court drama and not the product on the floor, you have failed.
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
VooDoo7
RealGM
And1: 20,865

Post#100 » by VooDoo7 » Thu Feb 22, 2024 4:07 pm

Licensed to Il wrote:
sidney lanier wrote:
Badgerlander wrote:

Charles Barkley dunking from the FT line, from a stand-still, was the best.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks