PG Wolves:The Win Streak started tonight

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,632

Re: PG Wolves:The Win Streak started tonight 

Post#121 » by raferfenix » Sun Feb 25, 2024 12:19 am

-Jragon- wrote:Dame's best coach was probably Beaker

It is remarkable Stotts decided things were so bad with Grief he couldn’t wait it out for him to get fired.

Easily his best last chance at being head coach of a championship team.

Doc didn’t care about the heat maneuvering to make it happen.
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 8,108

Post#122 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Sun Feb 25, 2024 12:22 am

we knew wed have these. its consistency were looking for. big game tomorrow to back this up and maybe turn a corner
Shaffty
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,121

Post#123 » by Shaffty » Sun Feb 25, 2024 1:09 am

raferfenix wrote:

It is remarkable Stotts decided things were so bad with Grief he couldn’t wait it out for him to get fired.

dames probably currently playing for his best coach lol
rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,355

Post#124 » by rilamann » Sun Feb 25, 2024 1:38 am

raferfenix wrote:

I am starting to wonder if Stotts saw early on what was going on with Lillard and that is why he got the hell out of here in October.

Stotts knows Lillard better than anyone on the Bucks.

And Stotts had to know that AG would likley get fired at some point during the season and that he (Stotts) would be next in line to take over as head coach if he could just tough it out for several months.

I didn't think it at the time back in October, but looking at it now as we approach the month of March. I wonder if Stotts seen the writing on the wall with Lillard, and that was part of the reason he wisely got the hell out of here.

With 25 games to go, the Bucks have one of the toughest remaining schedules in the league and they are only 4 games (in the loss column) from being the #8 seed.

Imagine a team with Giannis & Dame ending up in the play-in with neither of them sustaining any major injury. That would be a massive black eye on anyone's coaching resume that was associated with this Bucks team.

With each game this season, Stotts is looking more and more like he was the smartest guy in the room last October.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****
drone3
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,535

Post#125 » by drone3 » Sun Feb 25, 2024 5:50 am

rilamann wrote:
raferfenix wrote:

I am starting to wonder if Stotts saw early on what was going on with Lillard and that is why he got the hell out of here in October.

And Stotts had to know that AG would likley get fired at some point during the season and that he (Stotts) would be next in line to take over as head coach if he could just tough it out for several months.

I didn't think it at the time back in October, but looking at it now as we approach the month of March. I wonder if Stotts seen the writing on the wall with Lillard, and that was part of the reason he wisely got the hell out of here.

With 25 games to go, the Bucks have one of the toughest remaining schedules in the league and they are only 4 games (in the loss column) from being the #8 seed.

Imagine a team with Giannis & Dame ending up in the play-in with neither of them sustaining any major injury. That would be a massive black eye on anyone's coaching resume that was associated with this Bucks team.

With each game this season, Stotts is looking more and more like he was the smartest guy in the room last October.
Rila your way over thinking this...Stotts headbutted directly with Griff that was the reason he quit.
GregAz
Ballboy
And1: 55

Post#126 » by GregAz » Sun Feb 25, 2024 8:01 am

-Jragon- wrote:
PG Graveyard wrote:
-Jragon- wrote:
I call bs on that... give Dame all those years with Kerr and a champion mentality and his %'s would be just as good... Dame's best coach was probably Beaker

Lol. Let me know when you run out of excuses for Dame. It’s not even close. Look at the stats. I’m pretty sure Steph has never shot below 40 percent from 3 while Dame has one season he tickled that number.

Do you believe Steff with Stotts shoots 42% and Dame with Kerr shoots 37% over those years

I know steff shot over 42% with both Mark Jackson and Keith Smart as a coach and some pretty bad teams.
tedbrogen
Analyst
And1: 2,827

Post#127 » by tedbrogen » Sun Feb 25, 2024 10:24 am

drone3 wrote:
rilamann wrote:
raferfenix wrote:

Rila your way over thinking this...Stotts headbutted directly with Griff that was the reason he quit.

Yeah, there’s only one person on this site who really knows what Stotts might have been thinking. From what has been revealed and what it seems most likely, Stotts wasn’t allowed to do what he signed up for and he decided he was too old for this ****. Since he has F U money, he decided to walk.

Even if he thought AG would fail, he also would have had to foresee that they would pull the ripcord as soon as Giannis turned against AG despite the team having a very good record. So either he thought they wouldn’t pull the trigger on a change mid-season or a team with Dame and Giannis would be too good for the team to look bad enough to fire AG.

In hindsight, I’d suspect at least a part of him wishes he’d stuck it out because he probably gets the interim job for the rest of the season.

However, Stotts is nowhere near the politician Doc is. Clearly Doc say with no one on the bench they could give the job to, that all he had to do was politic from afar and he’d likely get the job.

All that said, I love most of what Doc has the team doing and love his pressers after games. He does throw people under the bus but some of that is him being slightly more honest than most coaches (besides Steve Clifford). For example, in the Wolves post game presser he said you can tell when the ball isn’t moving on offense due to how many shots some guys (Beas) have. At half time Beas had zero. He pointed out Beas had 12 in the second half and that means they were doing the right things on offense. But then he also said he told Beas it should have only been ten shots because two were awful. Some would say he’s throwing Beas under the bus a bit there. I would say, he’s just being honest about something he told a player. And yeah, when Beas trying to finish in the open court against Ant, that was a horrifically bad idea.
BigO
Analyst
And1: 3,211

Post#128 » by BigO » Sun Feb 25, 2024 2:46 pm

At this point, I think Doc is better than having Stotts, mainly because Doc has probably one of the best (and biggest) staffs in the league, with a lot of experience and knowledge.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks