ImageImage

PG Wolves:The Win Streak started tonight

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

-Jragon-
Head Coach
And1: 1,668

Re: PG Wolves:The Win Streak started tonight 

Post#101 » by -Jragon- » Sat Feb 24, 2024 7:22 pm

Underrated benefit of getting Doc... with Griff we probably assume Bev is washed and a distraction and Gallo doesn't know how to play D (because he's not young and fast). Doc is like nope get me them, I had them and they can play.
Neuromancer56
Rookie
And1: 1,054

Post#102 » by Neuromancer56 » Sat Feb 24, 2024 7:50 pm

This team looks completely different under Doc. We look disciplined, competent and on a mission.
SupremeHustle
RealGM
And1: 28,666

Post#103 » by SupremeHustle » Sat Feb 24, 2024 7:56 pm

Matches Malone wrote:
SupremeHustle wrote:When Rudy Gobert was at the line I started counting. I was the only one. I wanted to be loud enough to be on TV but I don't think I was.

I made it to 8 seconds.

Saw MJ's IG post with you and Lisa. Did you remind her it's Dairy Bird and not AJ Automatic? :lol:

Yes. We laughed about it.
jschligs wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't know who the **** SupremeHustle is?
Shaffty
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,121

Post#104 » by Shaffty » Sat Feb 24, 2024 8:00 pm

Neuromancer56 wrote:This team looks completely different under Doc. We look disciplined, competent and on a mission.

the team under griff was so unorganized giannis was running drills in practice and drawing up plays
-Jragon-
Head Coach

Post#105 » by -Jragon- » Sat Feb 24, 2024 8:12 pm

Shaffty wrote:
Neuromancer56 wrote:This team looks completely different under Doc. We look disciplined, competent and on a mission.

the team under griff was so unorganized giannis was running drills in practice and drawing up plays

The more I think about this the worse it sounds. GA who can't even really set a pick, box out or know where to "roll"
-Jragon-
Head Coach

Post#106 » by -Jragon- » Sat Feb 24, 2024 8:14 pm

stillgotgame wrote:
jute2003 wrote:I really enjoyed how crowder defended KAT. He was aggressive and in his space most of the game. Kat is such a finesse player, he couldn't punish crowder with size/strength.

Pat C looked playable and active. Bobby sucked at defense like always but was effective enough offensively that he was worth playing. In general, the role players actually contributed.

I think the Bucks are one of the few teams who can match up with Minnesotas size and physicality.

Jae’s best defending the 4. He’s quick enough to not give them space and strong enough to hold his own inside.

In the GT I was making fun of the Bev +4 PF lineup... it was BP, GA, Gallo and Jae lol
-Jragon-
Head Coach

Post#107 » by -Jragon- » Sat Feb 24, 2024 8:20 pm

Shaffty wrote:
emunney wrote:Can't believe we didn't lose due to <checks notes> "bad media week".

having meltdowns over all star game media interviews lol

Noone did.. it was just cringy
-Jragon-
Head Coach

Post#108 » by -Jragon- » Sat Feb 24, 2024 8:22 pm

CharityStripe34 wrote:Time to carry over that good energy and the good habits on both ends. Move the ball, communicate on defense. Good things generally happen.

We're still going to likely need dudes that are sitting on the bench right now and EVERYONE needs to be on board with how we're playing and who controls the ball/calls the plays. Feels like I've been saying this for years.
-Jragon-
Head Coach

Post#109 » by -Jragon- » Sat Feb 24, 2024 8:24 pm

Something I think is funny is that if we had Steph none of you would say sh#t if he chucked a spinning 3 ... but we have his contemporary and yall are complaining about his shot selection... does he not smile enough and shimmy enough? What's the difference.
-Jragon-
Head Coach

Post#110 » by -Jragon- » Sat Feb 24, 2024 8:35 pm

-Jragon- wrote:Having a closer that can shoot free throws, shoot from wherever and has handle stood out last night.

With Jrue, he was pretty clutch but not dynamic enough the the D had to worry about doubling him... Jrue did have some stretches of being clutch for us like this but in the playoffs it was more on D.

With Khris, if he dribbled you could blitz him as a bail out and he might turn it over on a pass or just fumble

And with GA if he's about to beat you you hack him and he usually gets 1 or none.

With Dame there's no bailout...he can punish all those strategies and he's like waiting for them to try

Furthermore with Dame he's like a computer studying their D all game and by the end he know's how and where to attack each defender/defense they try. When he doesn't start out hot it doesn't matter because he's processing them and those early misses don't effect him. THIS is why we probably will need a hot KM/Beas/Brook... they just have to learn that at the end of the game it's Dame time because he was still studying their D that whole time and shooting % doesn't matter to him... he's a closer.
PG Graveyard
General Manager
And1: 4,609

Post#111 » by PG Graveyard » Sat Feb 24, 2024 8:46 pm

-Jragon- wrote:Something I think is funny is that if we had Steph none of you would say sh#t if he chucked a spinning 3 ... but we have his contemporary and yall are complaining about his shot selection... does he not smile enough and shimmy enough? What's the difference.

Dame is not even close to as good of a shooter as Steph. Not in the same stratosphere.
-Jragon-
Head Coach

Post#112 » by -Jragon- » Sat Feb 24, 2024 8:54 pm

PG Graveyard wrote:
-Jragon- wrote:Something I think is funny is that if we had Steph none of you would say sh#t if he chucked a spinning 3 ... but we have his contemporary and yall are complaining about his shot selection... does he not smile enough and shimmy enough? What's the difference.

Dame is not even close to as good of a shooter as Steph. Not in the same stratosphere.

I call bs on that... give Dame all those years with Kerr and a champion mentality and his %'s would be just as good... Dame's best coach was probably Beaker
Milbucks96
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,520

Post#113 » by Milbucks96 » Sat Feb 24, 2024 8:57 pm

PG Graveyard wrote:

And saying this is not a knock on Dame either because he’s still one of the best shooters ever but he’s not even close to Steph as a shooter.
-Jragon-
Head Coach

Post#114 » by -Jragon- » Sat Feb 24, 2024 9:04 pm

Milbucks96 wrote:
PG Graveyard wrote:

And saying this is not a knock on Dame either because he’s still one of the best shooters ever but he’s not even close to Steph as a shooter.

You know what I mean though? Give him an organized offense, champion level teammates and a champion coach.. basically switch Dame and Steph's career locations.. you think if Steph had that Beaker offense he's still at 42% and Dame with Kerr would be 37%? Impossible to know but I believe it would be opposite
GoldenAntlers
General Manager
And1: 4,519

Post#115 » by GoldenAntlers » Sat Feb 24, 2024 9:04 pm

Oh, we would for sure. If anybody, it would be realgm. We gonna nitpick what others miss. ;)
"Silence is a source of great strength." - Lao Tzu
-Jragon-
Head Coach

Post#116 » by -Jragon- » Sat Feb 24, 2024 9:09 pm

The % difference to me is Steph is used to his offense providing him with open looks and he's used to knocking those down. With Dame you can see he's not used to these open looks he gets during the game... but also with the 3pt contest you can see he does have it in him and once he settles in I GUARANTEE his % goes up.. mark that down somewhere... a Barkley voice GUARANTEE
PG Graveyard
General Manager

Post#117 » by PG Graveyard » Sat Feb 24, 2024 9:41 pm

-Jragon- wrote:
PG Graveyard wrote:

I call bs on that... give Dame all those years with Kerr and a champion mentality and his %'s would be just as good... Dame's best coach was probably Beaker

Lol. Let me know when you run out of excuses for Dame. It’s not even close. Look at the stats. I’m pretty sure Steph has never shot below 40 percent from 3 while Dame has one season he tickled that number.
-Jragon-
Head Coach

Post#118 » by -Jragon- » Sat Feb 24, 2024 10:25 pm

PG Graveyard wrote:
-Jragon- wrote:
PG Graveyard wrote:

Lol. Let me know when you run out of excuses for Dame. It’s not even close. Look at the stats. I’m pretty sure Steph has never shot below 40 percent from 3 while Dame has one season he tickled that number.

Do you believe Steff with Stotts shoots 42% and Dame with Kerr shoots 37% over those years
PG Graveyard
General Manager

Post#119 » by PG Graveyard » Sat Feb 24, 2024 10:48 pm

-Jragon- wrote:
PG Graveyard wrote:
-Jragon- wrote:

Do you believe Steff with Stotts shoots 42% and Dame with Kerr shoots 37% over those years

Yes. And I would love for Dame to shoot 37 percent again with a great team surrounding him. It’s ok to call a spade a spade
Wooderson
RealGM
And1: 5,365

Post#120 » by Wooderson » Sun Feb 25, 2024 12:14 am

-Jragon- wrote:
PG Graveyard wrote:

Come on, don't be ridiculous. Curry was shooting 45% 3 under Mark Jackson and the straight iso ball crap offense. Dame hit exactly 40% once in his career.

He's still an amazing shooter, but no one is Steph. And Steph works his ass off, off ball. But even before that was a Kerr staple he was well ahead of Dame as a shooter, or anyone else in history.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks