ImageImage

PG Wolves:The Win Streak started tonight

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

-Jragon-
Head Coach
And1: 1,670

Re: PG Wolves:The Win Streak started tonight 

Post#41 » by -Jragon- » Sat Feb 24, 2024 5:49 am

MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:Like the last two pointer was good Dame time, but I didn't enjoy the rest. Waving off screens, playing iso and then making a tough fadeaway three with the shot clock running low? We have Giannis and Dame and we can't figure out a more efficient go to play when we only need one bucket?

You're a bigger buzz kill than Buzz Killington
fansinceforever
Analyst
And1: 1,915

Post#42 » by fansinceforever » Sat Feb 24, 2024 5:50 am

Just bought quite a bit of new Bucks gear.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 24,007

Post#43 » by Ron Swanson » Sat Feb 24, 2024 5:51 am

-Jragon- wrote:
MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:Like the last two pointer was good Dame time, but I didn't enjoy the rest. Waving off screens, playing iso and then making a tough fadeaway three with the shot clock running low? We have Giannis and Dame and we can't figure out a more efficient go to play when we only need one bucket?

He's not wrong. Ecstatic with the win, but the Giannis/Dame two-man game still needs work.
MiltownMadness
Starter
And1: 993

Post#44 » by MiltownMadness » Sat Feb 24, 2024 5:54 am

Ron Swanson wrote:
-Jragon- wrote:

He's not wrong. Ecstatic with the win, but the Giannis/Dame two-man game still needs work.

Dame/Giannis 2 man game needs work for sure, but he is so wrong about Dame waving off screens and playing iso. Like I could not possibly see how you could watch that 2nd half and not be mesmerized how Dame controlled the flow of the offense, he was not at all selfish and was an offensive maestro. So yeah he's very wrong.
rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,356

Post#45 » by rilamann » Sat Feb 24, 2024 5:58 am

Before the game I said Dame was going to shoot 33.3% tonight in honor of winning the 3pt shootout.

He actually shot 34.8%. I was close lol.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****
Perishable517
Analyst
And1: 1,950

Post#46 » by Perishable517 » Sat Feb 24, 2024 5:58 am

-Jragon- wrote:

Dad?

Sent from my CPH2417 using RealGM mobile app
" If you take away the alc l r g on Malcolm Brogdon is Mom Bod :("
- emunney

"I’d place the phone directly between my cheeks while I let one rip right in John Hammond’s ear."
- BroncoBuck
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 15,306

Post#47 » by RiotPunch » Sat Feb 24, 2024 5:59 am

I thought Bobby played more within the offense and had some solid moments, but it almost bit us in the ass having him out there too long. Gallo isn't as big, but think he would have defended KAT smarter on the perimeter.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,141

Post#48 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Sat Feb 24, 2024 6:01 am

MiltownMadness wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:
-Jragon- wrote:

Dame/Giannis 2 man game needs work for sure, but he is so wrong about Dame waving off screens and playing iso. Like I could not possibly see how you could watch that 2nd half and not be mesmerized how Dame controlled the flow of the offense, he was not at all selfish and was an offensive maestro. So yeah he's very wrong.

I should have clarified. I think dames second half was great overall. By Dame time I just meant those final couple possessions. That turnaround 3 espn was drooling about I think Dame had the ball in his hands for 22 of the 24 seconds of the shot clock and giving it to brolo who was guarded. He then missed his next 30 in an iso situation.most of the half he was great so it is frustrating we went to those horrible for everyone but Dame type shots.
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 21,046

Post#49 » by Matches Malone » Sat Feb 24, 2024 6:02 am

So are these media perverts going to be keeping a microscope on docs record the rest of the season? :lol:

Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,141

Post#50 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Sat Feb 24, 2024 6:07 am

A five game win streak and 7 out of 8 is very doable and if I was optimistic I would even say likely. Need to take advantage of the next two weeks. Assume embiid is out for both of our sixers match ups.
MiltownMadness
Starter
And1: 993

Post#51 » by MiltownMadness » Sat Feb 24, 2024 6:08 am

MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:
MiltownMadness wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:

I should have clarified. I think dames second half was great overall. By Dame time I just meant those final couple possessions. That turnaround 3 espn was drooling about I think Dame had the ball in his hands for 22 of the 24 seconds of the shot clock and giving it to brolo who was guarded. He then missed his next 30 in an iso situation.most of the half he was great so it is frustrating we went to those horrible for everyone but Dame type shots.

That's fair, and I'm really just going hard for Dame because we all have been rightfully tough on him all year, but we need to give him flowers when he plays like he does tonight even when the shot isn't consistently falling. I think when you have Dame, you know those "Dame" type possessions are coming so I really don't mind. Hell, he surprises me plenty by making those tough shots like he did tonight.
Ruben Quevedo
Pro Prospect
And1: 481

Post#52 » by Ruben Quevedo » Sat Feb 24, 2024 6:10 am

MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:A five game win streak and 7 out of 8 is very doable and if I was optimistic I would even say likely. Need to take advantage of the next two weeks. Assume embiid is out for both of our sixers match ups.

If we win 7 out of 8 I wouldn’t be surprised. If we lose both games vs the hornets I wouldn’t be surprised either.

After last week’s debacle I will not be trusting this team anytime soon.
Perishable517
Analyst
And1: 1,950

Post#53 » by Perishable517 » Sat Feb 24, 2024 6:12 am

Matches Malone wrote:So are these media perverts going to be keeping a microscope on docs record the rest of the season?

Oh yah. We are the team to talk about and to try and tear down.

Sent from my CPH2417 using RealGM mobile app
" If you take away the alc l r g on Malcolm Brogdon is Mom Bod :("
- emunney

"I’d place the phone directly between my cheeks while I let one rip right in John Hammond’s ear."
- BroncoBuck
KidA24
General Manager
And1: 7,432

Post#54 » by KidA24 » Sat Feb 24, 2024 6:17 am

MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:A five game win streak and 7 out of 8 is very doable and if I was optimistic I would even say likely. Need to take advantage of the next two weeks. Assume embiid is out for both of our sixers match ups.

21-5
Amos Barshad: "So you got a job, a place to live, a license? What’s left?"

Giannis: “Nothing. Just get a ring now.”
RiotPunch
RealGM

Post#55 » by RiotPunch » Sat Feb 24, 2024 6:19 am

We can beat anyone and lose to anyone, need to figure out the latter and quick. #simplify
#FreeChuckDiesel
-Jragon-
Head Coach

Post#56 » by -Jragon- » Sat Feb 24, 2024 6:25 am

Ron Swanson wrote:
-Jragon- wrote:

I agree we need to work on that but if he waves off the screen it's strategic based on the matchup between him and the slower man in front of him or the more athletic man the screener would bring over. This is when we need to trust our stars and in that case the PG.. he had already calculated how he's about to beat the dude and values the space in that moment.

Do we question Giannis if he attacks a smaller player down low?

That's 2nd level.. then 3rd level is after Dame or GA wins those isos now their whole defense has to overreact and you get those wide open Jae passes at the end. This is the deeper level we've always wanted to get to... the level Lebron has been at for like 20 years. Don't fight it, enjoy it. You think Lebron doesn't wave off a screen? Lol
-Jragon-
Head Coach

Post#57 » by -Jragon- » Sat Feb 24, 2024 6:27 am

Our guards have never been smart enough or talented enough to get us to these levels. Giannis tried but he had to bulldoze to get inside.
RiotPunch
RealGM

Post#58 » by RiotPunch » Sat Feb 24, 2024 6:29 am

Finch mentioned in his presser that Dame trying for the foul early really benefitted them. At some point, Dame needs to realize he's not getting those calls anymore. It's been one of many not great trends for him, but redirecting that focus elsewhere will help him get going, I think.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 21,046

Post#59 » by Matches Malone » Sat Feb 24, 2024 6:31 am

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
fan230
Analyst
And1: 1,317

Post#60 » by fan230 » Sat Feb 24, 2024 6:35 am

Pat C and Bobby were good all round. Crowder was good on defense. This made the Bucks a much stronger team given that Dame played really well in the second half and Giannis the whole game and Brook great in offense in the first half and good in defense the whole game. In essence, we had little apparent weakness today. Very heartening win.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks