ImageImage

PG Wolves:The Win Streak started tonight

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

randy84
RealGM
And1: 6,423

Re: PG Wolves:The Win Streak started tonight 

Post#61 » by randy84 » Sat Feb 24, 2024 6:36 am

RiotPunch wrote:We can beat anyone and lose to anyone, need to figure out the latter and quick. #simplify

Sounds like every year.
-Jragon-
Head Coach
And1: 1,668

Post#62 » by -Jragon- » Sat Feb 24, 2024 6:37 am

RiotPunch wrote:Finch mentioned in his presser that Dame trying for the foul early really benefitted them. At some point, Dame needs to realize he's not getting those calls anymore. It's been one of many not great trends for him, but redirecting that focus elsewhere will help him get going, I think.

This is strategic game within the game. We noticed on film that Minny is a grabby/handsy team and gets away with it... Dame did what Aaron Rodgers does to grabby teams when he throws the ball to the held receiver. Dame was drawing their grabs and bringing attention to it with the officials early to keep their awareness on it all game. Likely that did help us at the end when Minny had to decide to risk holding and getting caught or let us get past their slow feet. They are a good defensive team because of length and physical play but they are slow footed. Dame put on a clinic on how to get the refs attention to it.
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 15,304

Post#63 » by RiotPunch » Sat Feb 24, 2024 6:42 am

-Jragon- wrote:
RiotPunch wrote:Finch mentioned in his presser that Dame trying for the foul early really benefitted them. At some point, Dame needs to realize he's not getting those calls anymore. It's been one of many not great trends for him, but redirecting that focus elsewhere will help him get going, I think.

This is strategic game within the game. We noticed on film that Minny is a grabby/handsy team and gets away with it... Dame did what Aaron Rodgers does to grabby teams when he throws the ball to the held receiver. Dame was drawing their grabs and bringing attention to it with the officials early to keep their awareness on it all game. Likely that did help us at the end when Minny had to decide to risk holding and getting caught or let us get past their slow feet. They are a good defensive team because of length and physical play but they are slow footed. Dame put on a clinic on how to get the refs attention to it.

It did not benefit him much, only 4 free throws on the night. I like him finessing the refs, though. I'm more talking about him looking for that arm hook shot attempt that he tries 2-3 times a game and has maybe gotten once or twice all year.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
-Jragon-
Head Coach

Post#64 » by -Jragon- » Sat Feb 24, 2024 6:44 am

RiotPunch wrote:
-Jragon- wrote:

It did not benefit him much, only 4 free throws on the night. I like him finessing the refs, though. I'm more talking about him looking for that arm hook shot attempt that he tries 2-3 times a game and has maybe gotten once or twice all year.

It's not just for him... remember those holds Gobert was trying on Bobby and GA that got called and they complained? They usually get away with that. This is the game within the game -- just enjoy guys.

Usually teams complain about the sh$t they get away with after the game when it's too late. Probably since we had the all star break and had time to scout Dame did a superstar move for us.. this is fun ... like a chess match
soxperry
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,988

Post#65 » by soxperry » Sat Feb 24, 2024 7:04 am

Giannis and the team clearly putting their money where their mouth is, giving Dame the opportunity to put up 23 shot attempts plus 2 more attempts that he was fouled on. Keep doing it. Hopefully he finds his groove.

the Timberwolves remind me of the Bucks before Jrue. Juggernaut regular season team. Not great when things get tight.

I wonder if they still feel capable of "shutting down" Giannis :lol:
SupremeHustle
RealGM
And1: 28,666

Post#66 » by SupremeHustle » Sat Feb 24, 2024 7:13 am

Assuming the D looked as good on TV as it did live. I was impressed.

Gallo played like a Russian plant.
jschligs wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't know who the **** SupremeHustle is?
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 21,039

Post#67 » by Matches Malone » Sat Feb 24, 2024 7:35 am

SupremeHustle wrote:Assuming the D looked as good on TV as it did live. I was impressed.

Gallo played like a Russian plant.

Did you get to tell Lisa to start using Dairy Bird more?
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
Coach Carter
General Manager
And1: 6,291

Post#68 » by Coach Carter » Sat Feb 24, 2024 7:41 am

Time to buy in, only to get disappointed again but this is my take on everything right now.
In reference to our title winning year
Coach Carter wrote:This year is a wash and most of us know it.
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 15,304

Post#69 » by RiotPunch » Sat Feb 24, 2024 8:28 am

#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,781

Post#70 » by AussieBuck » Sat Feb 24, 2024 8:51 am

Some more of that boring competent basketball.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
BJ Sandered
Starter
And1: 1,800

Post#71 » by BJ Sandered » Sat Feb 24, 2024 8:58 am

I know it's already been said, but there is a night and day difference with the defense under Doc compared to Grief. Anyone doubting (ergo: legacy media talking heads) that the coaching staff is far more competent now as compared to a month ago is living in a fantasy land.
Baddy Chuck wrote:Some heroes wear headbands instead of capes.
CharityStripe34
General Manager
And1: 5,742

Post#72 » by CharityStripe34 » Sat Feb 24, 2024 11:08 am

BJ Sandered wrote:I know it's already been said, but there is a night and day difference with the defense under Doc compared to Grief. Anyone doubting (ergo: legacy media talking heads) that the coaching staff is far more competent now as compared to a month ago is living in a fantasy land.

Didn't get to see the game, but I've noticed vast improvement defensively. Now the offense needs to round into form and be Top 3 heading into the playoffs.
"Wes, Hill, Ibaka, Allen, Nwora, Brook, Pat, Ingles, Khris are all slow-mo, injury prone ... a sandcastle waiting for playoff wave to get wrecked. A castle with no long-range archers... is destined to fall. That is all I have to say."-- FOTIS
drone3
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,534

Post#73 » by drone3 » Sat Feb 24, 2024 12:35 pm

That turn around 3 from Dame was insane. He thrives on shot difficulty and pressure.
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,979

Post#74 » by Badgerlander » Sat Feb 24, 2024 12:54 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
BigO
Analyst
And1: 3,211

Post#75 » by BigO » Sat Feb 24, 2024 1:19 pm

Profound23 wrote:
rilamann wrote:Won and oh with Gallo.

Charlotte is 4-0 since acquiring Grant Williams...lol

Dallas is 7-0 without him. 7>4
-Jragon-
Head Coach

Post#76 » by -Jragon- » Sat Feb 24, 2024 1:21 pm

Having a closer that can shoot free throws, shoot from wherever and has handle stood out last night.

With Jrue, he was pretty clutch but not dynamic enough the the D had to worry about doubling him... Jrue did have some stretches of being clutch for us like this but in the playoffs it was more on D.

With Khris, if he dribbled you could blitz him as a bail out and he might turn it over on a pass or just fumble

And with GA if he's about to beat you you hack him and he usually gets 1 or none.

With Dame there's no bailout...he can punish all those strategies and he's like waiting for them to try
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,510

Post#77 » by HKPackFan » Sat Feb 24, 2024 1:31 pm

I said it before and I'll say it again:

LET..... DAME..... COOK.
#FreeChuckDiesel
BigO
Analyst
And1: 3,211

Post#78 » by BigO » Sat Feb 24, 2024 1:33 pm

I predicted a win on here a few days ago. All the negativity brings out the posters with agendas on players. Just give the team a few weeks before the negativity comes back.

If you read the game thread during the first half, you'd think the Bucks were down by 20. Here's my first half highlight watching the game and reading the posts:

Marques: Bobby is playing some of his best basketball. Great patience and finish.
Poster: Get Bobby out of there.
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,510

Post#79 » by HKPackFan » Sat Feb 24, 2024 1:33 pm

Loved the defensive effort. It also looked more cohesive.

More consistent effort overall throughout the game. Instead of quarters or stretches where we look stuck in the mud.
#FreeChuckDiesel
StickeeFingaz
RealGM
And1: 6,702

Post#80 » by StickeeFingaz » Sat Feb 24, 2024 2:19 pm

Underrated aspect of having Doc as a coach — he cuts off our reporters when they start to ramble with their question.
#FreeChuckDiesel

Return to Milwaukee Bucks