ImageImage

PG Sixers: Who needs a Nurse when you’ve got a Doc

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,747

Re: PG Sixers: Who needs a Nurse when you’ve got a Doc 

Post#121 » by chonestown » Mon Feb 26, 2024 3:32 am

Daver wrote:Hwllo shootingtheJ where are you.Hmmm you seem be vanish when your hate mam beas has a +25 n goes 6-8 from 3

Yo, STJ this should be in your signature.
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”
-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

"Poor as a mouse every morning/Rich as a cat every night."
-DCB
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,048

Post#122 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Feb 26, 2024 3:43 am

RW23 wrote:Dame was pretty awesome on D today

This can't be overlooked
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,048

Post#123 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Feb 26, 2024 3:55 am

It's ok to just enjoy a win and not feel the need to nitpick every little thing. There is no such thing as a perfect win. But this was certainly was a great win
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,761

Post#124 » by MikeIsGood » Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:30 am

MickeyDavis wrote:It's ok to just enjoy a win and not feel the need to nitpick every little thing. There is no such thing as a perfect win. But this was certainly was a great win

HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,510

Post#125 » by HKPackFan » Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:30 am

chonestown wrote:Easy work. Hubie and Pasch on the call. Bobby with an all-timer open mic quote.

Enjoyable afternoon tilt all around.

What did he say?
#FreeChuckDiesel
HKPackFan
RealGM

Post#126 » by HKPackFan » Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:33 am

I missed the game,

But I love it when the 4th quarter is around and all you need to root for is a Thanos dunk and a final score of 120-104.

So close!

This feels like a completely different team when 140-124 looked more realistic. Holding a team to 104 seemed fairly impossible not long ago. What a difference a coach makes.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 41,977

Post#127 » by Prez » Mon Feb 26, 2024 5:18 am

It is amazing just how bad Griffin was. We were literally worst in the league in opponent transition frequency under Griffin, 4th best in the league since then. Dude inherited the best defensive big man duo in the game, with a DPOY-caliber rim protector and DPOY-caliber roaming help defender, scrapped what made them special and had the team barely league average in DFG% at the rim; we are back to top 5 ever since. No more dumbass pressuring out 30+ feet for no reason, no more guards mindlessly "crashing" the offensive glass, etc.

The basic **** that anyone with functioning eyes was calling for, the stuff that Griffin somehow couldn't grasp for 43 games, has immediately been improved and the same roster that went a month and a half straight without a single game holding opponents under 110 points (not even 100, just 110 lol) is now 6th on defense in the month since he got fired. And that's with opponents shooting 38.1% from 3, so not benefitting from outlier bad shooting at all.

Dude was literally one of the worst coaches of all time. It is hilarious that we somehow managed to be 30-13 under that absolute buffoon.

Just need Dame to keep up the aggression and Khris to help these bench units when he comes back so the offense can fully take off.
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 15,304

Post#128 » by RiotPunch » Mon Feb 26, 2024 6:27 am

Prez wrote:It is amazing just how bad Griffin was. We were literally worst in the league in opponent transition frequency under Griffin, 4th best in the league since then. Dude inherited the best defensive big man duo in the game, with a DPOY-caliber rim protector and DPOY-caliber roaming help defender, scrapped what made them special and had the team barely league average in DFG% at the rim; we are back to top 5 ever since. No more dumbass pressuring out 30+ feet for no reason, no more guards mindlessly "crashing" the offensive glass, etc.

The basic **** that anyone with functioning eyes was calling for, the stuff that Griffin somehow couldn't grasp for 43 games, has immediately been improved and the same roster that went a month and a half straight without a single game holding opponents under 110 points (not even 100, just 110 lol) is now 6th on defense in the month since he got fired. And that's with opponents shooting 38.1% from 3, so not benefitting from outlier bad shooting at all.

Dude was literally one of the worst coaches of all time. It is hilarious that we somehow managed to be 30-13 under that absolute buffoon.

Just need Dame to keep up the aggression and Khris to help these bench units when he comes back so the offense can fully take off.

I really tried hard to sell myself on Griff after we hired him, but deep down I knew it was a bad move. After his introductory presser that deep feeling surfaced. After the first few games those feelings were cemented. If I felt that, I'm sure Jon did as well. Hell, he hired the fallback plan and watched him bolt as well. It was a pure, unadulterated disasterclass. There have been some spectacularly bad head coaches in this league, but Griff could very well actually be the worst. Just a colossal failure.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
HKPackFan
RealGM

Post#129 » by HKPackFan » Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:19 am

I think we got a taste of what it's like without a proper coach and players just Street balling out there trying to win on just pure talent and out scoring the opponent.

It's just really ugly basketball. Even though they were winning.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Unique
Junior
And1: 375

Post#130 » by Unique » Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:38 am

So if we win the championship, does Grif get a ring?
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 15,304

Post#131 » by RiotPunch » Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:41 am

Unique wrote:So if we win the championship, does Grif get a ring?

#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,781

Post#132 » by AussieBuck » Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:57 am

More of that regular old competent ball. Feels like the good old days. Also feels like if we get 4 decent games out of Dame in any series, it's game over.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
MiltownMadness
Starter
And1: 993

Post#133 » by MiltownMadness » Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:07 am

AussieBuck wrote:More of that regular old competent ball. Feels like the good old days. Also feels like if we get 4 decent games out of Dame in any series, it's game over.

This is a good point. Teams can't overcome a good Dame game, demonstrated by the near undefeated record when Dame has a good shooting game.
AussieBuck
RealGM

Post#134 » by AussieBuck » Mon Feb 26, 2024 10:38 am

MiltownMadness wrote:
AussieBuck wrote:More of that regular old competent ball. Feels like the good old days. Also feels like if we get 4 decent games out of Dame in any series, it's game over.

This is a good point. Teams can't overcome a good Dame game, demonstrated by the near undefeated record when Dame has a good shooting game.

Makes sense too. When he's playing well, you can't crowd Giannis and he's smoking a guy guarding him out to 30 feet. If he goes nuclear, you're living with it or having Giannis play the Draymond 4v3 game which can't be a thing.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
drone3
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,534

Post#135 » by drone3 » Mon Feb 26, 2024 11:25 am

When our energy dips like it did in 3Q that's when Doc needs to unleash AJAX.
aboveAverage
RealGM
And1: 2,611

Post#136 » by aboveAverage » Mon Feb 26, 2024 12:55 pm

Dame appears to be more comfortable with being the clear second option. When Khris is out, he knows he’ll get the ball more. Maybe Khris should come off the bench when he’s healthy. He can be our Manu.

Also, holy crap was Beasley great. Shooting was obviously on point, but even his defensive energy and effort has gone up a notch.
soxperry
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,988

Post#137 » by soxperry » Mon Feb 26, 2024 1:21 pm

The year that we won the title, Giannis missing those playoff games forced Khris to step into an alpha role and he carried that mentality into the finals. With Khris out, we are seeing Dame step up and take the reigns more. When Khris is back, i hope Dame retains all of his work load and we find usage and attempts from guys like Bobby. Bobby should only be doing the iso thing when only one of our big three is on the court with him. Any time there are at least two, he should only be taking wide open shots or getting fed on cuts or dunker spot opportunities.
MissKhriddleton
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,189

Post#138 » by MissKhriddleton » Mon Feb 26, 2024 1:25 pm

MissKhriddleton wrote:20-2 when Dame shoots 45% or better.

17-0 when Dame shoots 50% or better.

Oops, forgot to count yesterday’s game. 21-2 and 18-0. 8-)
BigO
Analyst
And1: 3,211

Post#139 » by BigO » Mon Feb 26, 2024 2:12 pm

Prez wrote:It is amazing just how bad Griffin was. We were literally worst in the league in opponent transition frequency under Griffin, 4th best in the league since then. Dude inherited the best defensive big man duo in the game, with a DPOY-caliber rim protector and DPOY-caliber roaming help defender, scrapped what made them special and had the team barely league average in DFG% at the rim; we are back to top 5 ever since. No more dumbass pressuring out 30+ feet for no reason, no more guards mindlessly "crashing" the offensive glass, etc.

I agree with everything you said. But what does that say about Horst? I would never have given Giannis the final call, but if I'm Giannis, I assume Horst has done all the homework and the three finalists are all very competent and it's just a matter of relationships.

Griffin should never have been a finalist. That's all on Horst and I'm not a big critic of Horst.
AussieBuck
RealGM

Post#140 » by AussieBuck » Mon Feb 26, 2024 2:24 pm

Interviews have always been a **** dumb as **** way of hiring people and this goes well beyond basketball.
emunney wrote:

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:

Return to Milwaukee Bucks