Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

soboMP3
Sixth Man
And1: 1,301

Re: PG Sixers: Who needs a Nurse when you’ve got a Doc 

Post#161 » by soboMP3 » Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:09 pm

chonestown wrote:
HKPackFan wrote:
chonestown wrote:Easy work. Hubie and Pasch on the call. Bobby with an all-timer open mic quote.

Enjoyable afternoon tilt all around.

What did he say?

Mic'd up caught him saying "Bucks starting to look like the Bucks again."

He also said "My candle stay lit" when interviewed by Cassidy <Mike Tyson voice> Hubbarth. This is undoubtedly in reference to Noreaga's opening lines on "Super Thug."

Does anyone know about when he said that? Missed that while watching the game with the 2 minions running around.
j_hilge444
Senior
And1: 126

Post#162 » by j_hilge444 » Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:13 pm

soboMP3 wrote:
chonestown wrote:
HKPackFan wrote:

What did he say?

He also said "My candle stay lit" when interviewed by Cassidy <Mike Tyson voice> Hubbarth. This is undoubtedly in reference to Noreaga's opening lines on "Super Thug."

Does anyone know about when he said that? Missed that while watching the game with the 2 minions running around.

Can't remember exactly when during the game, thinking 2nd quarter. But they showed him sitting on the bench and then he said it. Really stuck out to me as well because watching the Bucks didn't feel like a chore like it has most of the season.
Luke Ridnour getting silly all over - throwing mad alley oops to Ilyasova.
CharityStripe34
General Manager
And1: 5,742

Post#163 » by CharityStripe34 » Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:14 pm

chonestown wrote:
HKPackFan wrote:
chonestown wrote:Easy work. Hubie and Pasch on the call. Bobby with an all-timer open mic quote.

Enjoyable afternoon tilt all around.

What did he say?

"Let Daver cook.." -- Chonestown, RGM Bucks Forum
"Wes, Hill, Ibaka, Allen, Nwora, Brook, Pat, Ingles, Khris are all slow-mo, injury prone ... a sandcastle waiting for playoff wave to get wrecked. A castle with no long-range archers... is destined to fall. That is all I have to say."-- FOTIS
Shaffty
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,121

Post#164 » by Shaffty » Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:19 pm

soboMP3 wrote:
chonestown wrote:
HKPackFan wrote:

What did he say?

Read on Twitter
soboMP3
Sixth Man
And1: 1,301

Post#165 » by soboMP3 » Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:24 pm

Thanks, yeah it was right before the third quarter started.
jimmybones
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,771

Post#166 » by jimmybones » Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:30 pm

sidney lanier wrote:
Spoiler:
JimmyTheKid wrote:
jimmybones wrote:It's truly astonishing we went 30-13 under Griffin, it shows how talented this team is.

I don't know if this team wins a championship but I'm just happy to see them do the common sense things we've been begging for. I feel like we at least have a shot now. It's still going to take time for it all to fully come together but it all feels so much more coherent. I'll never understand the stubborn insistence on that chaotic defense that was clearly not working with a personnel it clearly did not fit.

Griffin's ineptitude cannot be overstated. 3rd best winning % in NBA history and will never be considered for a head coaching gig again. As has been said plenty of times, props to Horst and Giannis for looking in the mirror and immediately righting a major wrong. The Bucks are fun again.

As you two Jimmys pirouette on Griffin's grave, consider what improvement may have happened organically had we stuck with him.

OK, probably not much, but maybe it's time to haul that dead horse over to the rendering plant now. Still, we'll never know whether a Griffin-led Bucks could ever have shown the same kind of defensive effort being shown now. Clearly there was some dysfunction and disconnect, but whether they could have snapped out of it, or whether they were beginning to snap out of it in games 43-49, will always be an unanswered question.

BTW, I'm as encouraged as you are by the revitalization we all see. Bobby put it nicely: the Bucks are the Bucks again, and thank God. Could they have turned this corner without a coaching change? We'll never know with the certainty you possess.

Sid, I think these are perfectly fair questions. I don't consider it out of the realm of possibility that things could have turned around under Griffin. I do, with certainty, feel more confident in our chances at lifting a trophy today under Doc than I did under Griffin. I don't know how much of that I can fairly attribute as blame towards Griffin or credit towards Doc. Whether right or wrong of the players, I think they lost all faith in Griffin and it showed in their effort. Simply believing the message of leadership under Doc to get the buy in needed is huge.

I am ready to drop the Griffin baggage and let the horse lie. In spirit of that I could, and maybe should have ended my post with "I do, with certainty, feel more confident in our chances at lifting a trophy today under Doc than I did under Griffin."

Always appreciate your insights Sid, even when I disagreed on Griff. Onwards! Go Bucks!
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,914

Post#167 » by emunney » Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:31 pm

The two biggest changes since Doc took over are clean and simple: making teams defend screens higher on one end, and stopping defending so high on the other end. Now our perimeter defenders get help, and Dame can be Dame.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
sidney lanier
Head Coach
And1: 10,000

Post#168 » by sidney lanier » Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:42 pm

jimmybones wrote: I do, with certainty, feel more confident in our chances at lifting a trophy today under Doc than I did under Griffin.

On that we are 100% in agreement. Thanks for your response.
"The Bucks in six always. That's for the culture." -- B. Jennings
Daver
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,037

Post#169 » by Daver » Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:55 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:Officially at the 15-game mark since Potato Brain was fired.

- 10th in net-rating
- 6th in defense
- 18th in offense

Most used 5-man lineup of Dame/Beasley/Crowder/Giannis/Brook is a +31.0 net-rating lol. Like, no other lineup with at least 100 minutes logged is even remotely close (Denver's starters are +14.7).

So the O has gotten worse since rivers took over n the D has rocketed up a fair tradeoff i guess but i think that O can be so much better.
Thst +31 o net rating is amazing even better than the 12 loss Cs
Daver
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,037

Post#170 » by Daver » Mon Feb 26, 2024 5:00 pm

JimmyTheKid wrote:
jimmybones wrote:It's truly astonishing we went 30-13 under Griffin, it shows how talented this team is.

I don't know if this team wins a championship but I'm just happy to see them do the common sense things we've been begging for. I feel like we at least have a shot now. It's still going to take time for it all to fully come together but it all feels so much more coherent. I'll never understand the stubborn insistence on that chaotic defense that was clearly not working with a personnel it clearly did not fit.

Griffin's ineptitude cannot be overstated. 3rd best winning % in NBA history and will never be considered for a head coaching gig again. As has been said plenty of times, props to Horst and Giannis for looking in the mirror and immediately righting a major wrong. The Bucks are fun again.

I absolutely think AG gets another job but with a team rebuilding not a vet team
Shaffty
Assistant Coach

Post#171 » by Shaffty » Mon Feb 26, 2024 5:10 pm

Daver wrote:
JimmyTheKid wrote:

I absolutely think AG gets another job but with a team rebuilding not a vet team

ill bet you 50$ he never works in the league again.
tedbrogen
Analyst
And1: 2,827

Post#172 » by tedbrogen » Mon Feb 26, 2024 5:26 pm

RIP to any team that gives AG another head coaching gig without having the benefit of two top 75 all time players, another dude who put up 40 in the finals, and one of the easiest schedules ever.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 24,006

Post#173 » by Ron Swanson » Mon Feb 26, 2024 5:37 pm

He'll probably get an assistant gig somewhere, but no one is ever hiring Griff as a head coach ever again. His coaching career is Derek Fisher'd/Igor Kokoskov'd.
emunney
RealGM

Post#174 » by emunney » Mon Feb 26, 2024 5:44 pm

Shaffty wrote:
Daver wrote:
JimmyTheKid wrote:

Whew really? Might have to take you up on that. Like, any NBA job at all? You got a bead on him taking a NCAA job or obliterating bridges or something?
emunney
RealGM

Post#175 » by emunney » Mon Feb 26, 2024 5:48 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:He'll probably get an assistant gig somewhere, but no one is ever hiring Griff as a head coach ever again. His coaching career is Derek Fisher'd/Igor Kokoskov'd.

Has anybody ever asked Koskokov whether he told the Suns to pass on Luka? He must have, right?
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 24,006

Post#176 » by Ron Swanson » Mon Feb 26, 2024 5:56 pm

emunney wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:He'll probably get an assistant gig somewhere, but no one is ever hiring Griff as a head coach ever again. His coaching career is Derek Fisher'd/Igor Kokoskov'd.

Has anybody ever asked Koskokov whether he told the Suns to pass on Luka? He must have, right?

Would be funny if he did after coaching him in Europe. I just remember a bunch of people on this board really wanted him and thank **** god that we didn't hire him over Bud.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,293

Post#177 » by paulpressey25 » Mon Feb 26, 2024 5:58 pm

emunney wrote:The two biggest changes since Doc took over are clean and simple: making teams defend screens higher on one end, and stopping defending so high on the other end. Now our perimeter defenders get help, and Dame can be Dame.

Have any video wonks taken a Griff game from early January and compared it say to the Wolves game the other day? Would love to see a video overlay of plays. Would silence the critics who insist "energy and effort" is the whole reason for the turnaround.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
tedbrogen
Analyst
And1: 2,827

Post#178 » by tedbrogen » Mon Feb 26, 2024 6:20 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:
emunney wrote:The two biggest changes since Doc took over are clean and simple: making teams defend screens higher on one end, and stopping defending so high on the other end. Now our perimeter defenders get help, and Dame can be Dame.

Have any video wonks taken a Griff game from early January and compared it say to the Wolves game the other day? Would love to see a video overlay of plays. Would silence the critics who insist "energy and effort" is the whole reason for the turnaround.

I want a video comparison of the Raptors disaster that lead to Brook almost strangling Grief along with the third quarter of the Wolves game.
GoldenAntlers
General Manager
And1: 4,520

Post#179 » by GoldenAntlers » Mon Feb 26, 2024 6:23 pm

soboMP3 wrote:
chonestown wrote:
HKPackFan wrote:

What did he say?

He was on the bench. Second half I believe. That's all I got.
"Silence is a source of great strength." - Lao Tzu
Shaffty
Assistant Coach

Post#180 » by Shaffty » Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:43 pm

emunney wrote:
Shaffty wrote:
Daver wrote:

Whew really? Might have to take you up on that. Like, any NBA job at all? You got a bead on him taking a NCAA job or obliterating bridges or something?

He probably ends up in a Big east school as an assistant but he failed spectacularly for all the nba world to see. Everyone in the league was laughing at us behind the scenes for how bad he was.

and when we enter the playoffs with the 'Bucks have a top 5 defense since the all star break' stat it will be over for him.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks