ImageImage

PG Charlotte: Everybody now happy

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

ReginaldDwight
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,782

Re: PG Charlotte: Everybody now happy 

Post#61 » by ReginaldDwight » Fri Mar 1, 2024 5:07 am

Just how bad was Grief? Doc isn't Phil Jackson but hes a huge step up.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 23,173

Post#62 » by Baddy Chuck » Fri Mar 1, 2024 5:10 am

tedbrogen wrote:
theFireBlanket wrote:
tedbrogen wrote:
Salary cap means all they can offer him is an 8% raise on his minimum salary. Approximately 26 teams can offer him more. That’s just how the cap works.

Shaffty wrote:

its the bobby path we already have a blueprint
Championship & looking at the stability of a tank like Giannis.

Beas would be an idiot to take min salary plus 8% raise over 5x-10x more than that for multiple years. Would you take 1/5th to 1/10th of salary from a new company just because you like your current coworkers?

It's unlikely and it's probably dumb for him but I mean the argument for it is it's literally already happened for a player on this team.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
MiltownMadness
Starter
And1: 993

Post#63 » by MiltownMadness » Fri Mar 1, 2024 5:13 am

tedbrogen wrote:
Profound23 wrote:
GoldenAntlers wrote:Suns "fan" at work telling me Grayson is way better. And even if he is better, it's miniscule impact-wise. And Beas is so much easier to root for.

Grayson is definitely better but I don't care...could never root for the guy. People forget he literally dribbled the ball out instead of taking a shot which was the nail in our coffin vs the Heat and ended our postseason. At this level that is unforgivable. Let alone his cheap antics.

Grayson might be better in the regular season but he’s useless in the playoffs with his slow release.

This is the answer. Grayson doesn't space the floor on the level of Beas because he will always be closed out on, then he is just not good everywhere else. At least with Beas you have an elite catch & release player which does punish defenses in the playoffs, this is magnified playing next to Giannis/Dame
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,510

Post#64 » by HKPackFan » Fri Mar 1, 2024 5:23 am

ShootingtheJ wrote:I can't believe you clowns are talking about 3 point shooters, and are wasting your breath on the wrong ones.

In the year of 2024, Giannis is shooting 36% from 3!

Damn. Stole my thunder. Month of February 11 games, Giannis shot 36.8% from 3. :nod: ..But let's keep it to 1-3 attempts per game :)
#FreeChuckDiesel
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,510

Post#65 » by HKPackFan » Fri Mar 1, 2024 5:26 am

Oh ya. **** you Grant Williams. Seriously that guy can **** off.
#FreeChuckDiesel
ShootingtheJ
General Manager
And1: 4,777

Post#66 » by ShootingtheJ » Fri Mar 1, 2024 5:29 am

MiltownMadness wrote:
tedbrogen wrote:
Profound23 wrote:
Grayson is definitely better but I don't care...could never root for the guy. People forget he literally dribbled the ball out instead of taking a shot which was the nail in our coffin vs the Heat and ended our postseason. At this level that is unforgivable. Let alone his cheap antics.

Grayson might be better in the regular season but he’s useless in the playoffs with his slow release.

This is the answer. Grayson doesn't space the floor on the level of Beas because he will always be closed out on, then he is just not good everywhere else. At least with Beas you have an elite catch & release player which does punish defenses in the playoffs, this is magnified playing next to Giannis/Dame

You can say Beas provides made 3s, but you can't say he spaces the floor. Spacing the floor is a choice the defense makes, and defenses continue to leave Beas unguarded in the corners, choosing extra defenders to guard Giannis on the roll.
Shaffty
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,121

Post#67 » by Shaffty » Fri Mar 1, 2024 5:31 am

tedbrogen wrote:
theFireBlanket wrote:
tedbrogen wrote:
Salary cap means all they can offer him is an 8% raise on his minimum salary. Approximately 26 teams can offer him more. That’s just how the cap works.

Shaffty wrote:

Beas would be an idiot to take min salary plus 8% raise over 5x-10x more than that for multiple years. Would you take 1/5th to 1/10th of salary from a new company just because you like your current coworkers?

the exact same statements were made about bobby portis
mediocrityrules
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,037

Post#68 » by mediocrityrules » Fri Mar 1, 2024 5:44 am

HKPackFan wrote:
ShootingtheJ wrote:I can't believe you clowns are talking about 3 point shooters, and are wasting your breath on the wrong ones.

In the year of 2024, Giannis is shooting 36% from 3!

Damn. Stole my thunder. Month of February 11 games, Giannis shot 36.8% from 3. :nod: ..But let's keep it to 1-3 attempts per game :)

For the season he's up to 29% from 3. He's nearly at 30%. He's nearly average! But i agree, he needs to keep it at less than 2 attempts per game like it is now, and just shooting in rhythm. Nothing forced. The nice, easy, walk-up three that he gets an opportunity to do every game, and he can practice all he wants.
Circling calendars since 2021
CharityStripe34
General Manager
And1: 5,742

Post#69 » by CharityStripe34 » Fri Mar 1, 2024 5:56 am

One three per half is fine. Ideally it's a catch-and-shoot type of attempt, where he doesn't think and lets it go.
"Wes, Hill, Ibaka, Allen, Nwora, Brook, Pat, Ingles, Khris are all slow-mo, injury prone ... a sandcastle waiting for playoff wave to get wrecked. A castle with no long-range archers... is destined to fall. That is all I have to say."-- FOTIS
MiltownMadness
Starter
And1: 993

Post#70 » by MiltownMadness » Fri Mar 1, 2024 5:57 am

ShootingtheJ wrote:
MiltownMadness wrote:
tedbrogen wrote:

You can say Beas provides made 3s, but you can't say he spaces the floor. Spacing the floor is a choice the defense makes, and defenses continue to leave Beas unguarded in the corners, choosing extra defenders to guard Giannis on the roll.

And he punishes defenses for it better than anyone in the league? Really have no idea what you're trying to say, just give it a rest and let Beas have some praise.
Dick Tate
Veteran
And1: 1,917

Post#71 » by Dick Tate » Fri Mar 1, 2024 6:51 am

Frank Nova wrote:Thread title should’ve read “Are You Not Entertained?!” Gladiator style. Just saying…

Thread title for the first 4 pages reads as “Beas outbuzzes Hornets”.
fan230
Analyst
And1: 1,317

Post#72 » by fan230 » Fri Mar 1, 2024 7:11 am

Profound23 wrote:I'll take it. I know it's been said already, but just how much of an epic failure Griff was defensively.

He was so, partly because he was stubborn. He wanted our veteran stars to be aggressive to force turnovers, get away from drop coverage, basically dumping what was successful under Bud. I remember Griff saying during his early introduction days that he would make incremental changes.

Also, I am willing to cut him slack for being a first time head coach on a high expectation team but I do not cut him any slack for insulting Stotts in front of the players. I disliked that intensely. And if anyone else does a similar behavior, for example Bud or doc or Prunty or any head coach for that matter, I would dislike that strongly. I am glad we have Doc now
fan230
Analyst
And1: 1,317

Post#73 » by fan230 » Fri Mar 1, 2024 7:21 am

Beas flat out has become a very important player for us. His 3 s are putting immense pressure on our opponents.

In 2019 when the Raptors built the wall, and only Khris could reliably shoot, a Beas there would most probably have made us champions.
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 15,304

Post#74 » by RiotPunch » Fri Mar 1, 2024 7:56 am

#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
tedbrogen
Analyst
And1: 2,827

Post#75 » by tedbrogen » Fri Mar 1, 2024 11:47 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:
tedbrogen wrote:
theFireBlanket wrote:*

It's unlikely and it's probably dumb for him but I mean the argument for it is it's literally already happened for a player on this team.

Not exactly. Bobby wasn’t on a minimum contract. He had a player option that he opted into presumably with an understanding they would use Bird rights to give him about 4/$48M in the following offseason which they did and was in the known ballpark of offers he was going to get when he opted in. Plus Bobby’s mom told him to stay for his mental health. So he delayed the payday for one season.

Since there is no chance Horst will give Beas 4/$48M even if he plays for min salary with an 8% raise next year and Beas would be an idiot to gamble on waiting a year to get paid because of his shooting percentage goes down next season he won’t get paid, it’s just not happening.

Beas has been great but Dame/Giannis gravity is about to get him paid this offseason. Javon Carter is a closer facsimile to Beas than Bobby.
tedbrogen
Analyst
And1: 2,827

Post#76 » by tedbrogen » Fri Mar 1, 2024 11:51 am

Shaffty wrote:
tedbrogen wrote:
theFireBlanket wrote:*

Difference is backup bigs who can shoot the three, create for themselves, and rebound are worth giving 4/$48M to. Guys whose only skill is hitting wide open shots are not. Realistically Horst is not going to ever give Beas a big contract because AJG is sitting right there for free.

And no chance Beas plays another season on essentially a min salary contract.
JonHeist
Junior
And1: 588

Post#77 » by JonHeist » Fri Mar 1, 2024 12:40 pm

Shaffty wrote:
Daver wrote:Who knows maybe horst can work his magic n do alittle hand shake deal with with malik threesly kinda like ge did with portis promising him a bigger payday

might be a different blueprint with Jimmy H around now

he seems like the type of guy who knows how to slide a fat chunk of cash under a table
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 23,173

Post#78 » by Baddy Chuck » Fri Mar 1, 2024 12:54 pm

tedbrogen wrote:Not exactly. Bobby wasn’t on a minimum contract. He had a player option that he opted into presumably with an understanding they would use Bird rights to give him about 4/$48M in the following offseason which they did and was in the known ballpark of offers he was going to get when he opted in. Plus Bobby’s mom told him to stay for his mental health. So he delayed the payday for one season.

Since there is no chance Horst will give Beas 4/$48M even if he plays for min salary with an 8% raise next year and Beas would be an idiot to gamble on waiting a year to get paid because of his shooting percentage goes down next season he won’t get paid, it’s just not happening.

Beas has been great but Dame/Giannis gravity is about to get him paid this offseason. Javon Carter is a closer facsimile to Beas than Bobby.

So what you're saying is a player bet on himself and found a spot in the league where he felt wanted and did the "dumb thing" to try to stay and carve out a future with that team and what we're saying is maybe a player would bet himself and find a spot in the league where he felt wanted and do the "dumb thing" to try to stay and carve out a future with that team, got it.

But yeah, I'm sure if Malik Beasley was a key member of the Bucks roster for 2 seasons straight Jon Horst would never in a million years think of offering him a contract to make him in the ballpark of the 125th to 150th highest paid player in the league on a team absolutely strapped with ways to add talent.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
ShootingtheJ
General Manager

Post#79 » by ShootingtheJ » Fri Mar 1, 2024 1:00 pm

MiltownMadness wrote:
ShootingtheJ wrote:
MiltownMadness wrote:This is the answer. Grayson doesn't space the floor on the level of Beas because he will always be closed out on, then he is just not good everywhere else. At least with Beas you have an elite catch & release player which does punish defenses in the playoffs, this is magnified playing next to Giannis/Dame

And he punishes defenses for it better than anyone in the league? Really have no idea what you're trying to say, just give it a rest and let Beas have some praise.

Grayson Allen is actually the leader in 3 point %.
ShootingtheJ
General Manager

Post#80 » by ShootingtheJ » Fri Mar 1, 2024 1:04 pm

tedbrogen wrote:
Shaffty wrote:
tedbrogen wrote:

Difference is backup bigs who can shoot the three, create for themselves, and rebound are worth giving 4/$48M to. Guys whose only skill is hitting wide open shots are not. Realistically Horst is not going to ever give Beas a big contract because AJG is sitting right there for free.

And no chance Beas plays another season on essentially a min salary contract.

Beasley won't get a big contract offer. There's a limited number of teams that have the ability to offer that, and even fewer that offer that to a felon.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks