Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

ShootingtheJ
General Manager
And1: 4,774

Re: PG Charlotte: Everybody now happy 

Post#81 » by ShootingtheJ » Fri Mar 1, 2024 1:07 pm

mediocrityrules wrote:
HKPackFan wrote:
ShootingtheJ wrote:I can't believe you clowns are talking about 3 point shooters, and are wasting your breath on the wrong ones.

In the year of 2024, Giannis is shooting 36% from 3!

Damn. Stole my thunder. Month of February 11 games, Giannis shot 36.8% from 3. :nod: ..But let's keep it to 1-3 attempts per game :)

For the season he's up to 29% from 3. He's nearly at 30%. He's nearly average! But i agree, he needs to keep it at less than 2 attempts per game like it is now, and just shooting in rhythm. Nothing forced. The nice, easy, walk-up three that he gets an opportunity to do every game, and he can practice all he wants.

If his shooting continues to trend in this direction, eventually the attempts should go through the roof.
German Athens
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,065

Post#82 » by German Athens » Fri Mar 1, 2024 1:09 pm

Since Doc’s been hired, but even more so since the all-star break, Bobby’s actually had his head up on post-ups and looking to pass occasionally.

That’s a great great development, and I need to give Bobby props.

When bigs can make interior passes, particularly us since we have so much size, that’s the stuff that can utterly demoralize an opponent. Bobby doing even just a little bit of that is a welcomed development.
tedbrogen
Analyst
And1: 2,827

Post#83 » by tedbrogen » Fri Mar 1, 2024 1:17 pm

Baddy Chuck wrote:
tedbrogen wrote:Not exactly. Bobby wasn’t on a minimum contract. He had a player option that he opted into presumably with an understanding they would use Bird rights to give him about 4/$48M in the following offseason which they did and was in the known ballpark of offers he was going to get when he opted in. Plus Bobby’s mom told him to stay for his mental health. So he delayed the payday for one season.

Since there is no chance Horst will give Beas 4/$48M even if he plays for min salary with an 8% raise next year and Beas would be an idiot to gamble on waiting a year to get paid because of his shooting percentage goes down next season he won’t get paid, it’s just not happening.

Beas has been great but Dame/Giannis gravity is about to get him paid this offseason. Javon Carter is a closer facsimile to Beas than Bobby.

So what you're saying is a player bet on himself and found a spot in the league where he felt wanted and did the "dumb thing" to try to stay and carve out a future with that team and what we're saying is maybe a player would bet himself and find a spot in the league where he felt wanted and do the "dumb thing" to try to stay and carve out a future with that team, got it.

But yeah, I'm sure if Malik Beasley was a key member of the Bucks roster for 2 seasons straight Jon Horst would never in a million years think of offering him a contract to make him in the ballpark of the 125th to 150th highest paid player in the league on a team absolutely strapped with ways to add talent.

I’m saying Horst won’t ever pay Beas more than peanuts because AJG can do exactly what Beas is currently doing.imo

And if anyone offers Beas a guaranteed multi year deal this offseason, he should absolutely take it. It’s a business with short careers, these guys should get every penny they can while they can.

But I guess because one time one player (Bobby) delayed his payday one year based on mental health reasons, we are going to assume every player SHOULD do that?

And yeah, I wouldn’t want to pay Beas at the amount of the 125th highest paid in the league. Great on a min salary but he has one skill that depends on others to unlock it. And in the modern league, tons of players have that one skill.
tedbrogen
Analyst

Post#84 » by tedbrogen » Fri Mar 1, 2024 1:21 pm

People out here suggesting the Bucks circumvent the cap to keep Beas around is some of the funniest stuff ever.

Can we get back to the regularly scheduled insanity of how Midds should be a bench player?
tedbrogen
Analyst

Post#85 » by tedbrogen » Fri Mar 1, 2024 1:22 pm

ShootingtheJ wrote:
tedbrogen wrote:
Shaffty wrote:

the exact same statements were made about bobby portis

Difference is backup bigs who can shoot the three, create for themselves, and rebound are worth giving 4/$48M to. Guys whose only skill is hitting wide open shots are not. Realistically Horst is not going to ever give Beas a big contract because AJG is sitting right there for free.

And no chance Beas plays another season on essentially a min salary contract.

Beasley won't get a big contract offer. There's a limited number of teams that have the ability to offer that, and even fewer that offer that to a felon.

I think he’ll get offered more than min salary plus 8%.
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,743

Post#86 » by chonestown » Fri Mar 1, 2024 1:38 pm

Read on Twitter
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”
-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

"Poor as a mouse every morning/Rich as a cat every night."
-DCB
chonestown
General Manager

Post#87 » by chonestown » Fri Mar 1, 2024 1:39 pm

buckboy wrote:
Daver wrote:Bucks need to resign beas somehow somewsy dont give a flying fu.. what you anti beas haters think.Hes a perfect SG for this team

Jesus dude, you're a broken record.

frickin kill some ppl to say some thing nice about base
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”

-DCB
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,643

Post#88 » by Profound23 » Fri Mar 1, 2024 1:43 pm

RiotPunch wrote:Image

Beas in the Trap
MiltownHawkeye
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,417

Post#89 » by MiltownHawkeye » Fri Mar 1, 2024 1:54 pm

chonestown wrote:
Read on Twitter

"Bucks starting to look like the Bucks again" was going to be the thing I posted in this thread

With you here I dont even need to post
Free Chuck Diesel

Fire Steve Novak
chonestown
General Manager

Post#90 » by chonestown » Fri Mar 1, 2024 2:06 pm

MiltownHawkeye wrote:
chonestown wrote:
Read on Twitter

"Bucks starting to look like the Bucks again" was going to be the thing I posted in this thread

Abhorrent take. Posting community built on the contributions of all posters.

-DCB
BigO
Analyst
And1: 3,211

Post#91 » by BigO » Fri Mar 1, 2024 2:25 pm

To settle this important debate of Allen vs. Beasley, I am offering, as someone who has no dog in the fight, to be the final judge on the matter and bring my Clarence Thomas-esque objectivity to the table:

Defense- Give Allen some props. He has made himself into a decent defender, when he was originally one of the worst in the league. I don't think Beasley is as bad as advertised, as clearly the main culprit in a bad Bucks defense was the coach. Still, I'll give the edge to Allen.

Offense- Both Allen and Beasley are shooting percentages well above their past history, but all we care about is right now.

Their three point percentage is first and second in the league. Their total points are almost the same (within a few points) with Allen getting to the line significantly more, but Beasley hitting significantly more threes.

I give the edge to Beasley because he scores more threes and that's because he has such a quick release-much better than Allen. In the playoffs, teams will have to play Beasley much closer than Allen because of the release.

Verdict-Beasley is a better fit for the Bucks than Allen (at a much cheaper price).
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,510

Post#92 » by HKPackFan » Fri Mar 1, 2024 3:24 pm

Profound23 wrote:
RiotPunch wrote:Image

Beas in the Trap

Honey bees is the name of their cheerleader squad which I thought was clever.
#FreeChuckDiesel
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,510

Post#93 » by HKPackFan » Fri Mar 1, 2024 3:26 pm

My favorite line by the Charlotte guys was something like....

Giannis is coming at you like a boulder with steak knives.

Or something like that. Good stuff. I always enjoy their crew.
#FreeChuckDiesel
fan230
Analyst
And1: 1,317

Post#94 » by fan230 » Fri Mar 1, 2024 3:34 pm

Much as I like ajg, Beas seems to be a better 3 point shooter than ajg.
Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 41,978

Post#95 » by Prez » Fri Mar 1, 2024 3:45 pm

It is amazing having Pat/Bobby being viable rotation players again now that we have NBA-level coaching. They keep this up during the rough stretch in March and I’ll fill out an apology form lmao.

Also I love the Hornets commentary crew, a lot of other crews in the league would be unbelievably salty if their team got completely dismantled in all 4 matchups lol. But Eric Collins/Dell Curry were usually pretty level headed and respectful about it.
tedbrogen
Analyst

Post#96 » by tedbrogen » Fri Mar 1, 2024 4:07 pm

Prez wrote:It is amazing having Pat/Bobby being viable rotation players again now that we have NBA-level coaching. They keep this up during the rough stretch in March and I’ll fill out an apology form lmao.

Also I love the Hornets commentary crew, a lot of other crews in the league would be unbelievably salty if their team got completely dismantled in all 4 matchups lol. But Eric Collins/Dell Curry were usually pretty level headed and respectful about it.

Really goes to show the impact coaches have on role players. Under Kidd and Grief, the role players seemed worst in the league. Under Bud and Doc, they seem to thrive.

Superstars will always produce. Coaching be damned, but role players need structure and well defined roles.
theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 4,171

Post#97 » by theFireBlanket » Fri Mar 1, 2024 4:20 pm

Next up*
BigO wrote: Ray* Allen vs. Beasley
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel
MiltownHawkeye
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,417

Post#98 » by MiltownHawkeye » Fri Mar 1, 2024 4:52 pm

chonestown wrote:
MiltownHawkeye wrote:
chonestown wrote:
Read on Twitter

Abhorrent take. Posting community built on the contributions of all posters.

This post has given me the kick in the ass I needed to start posting more
Free Chuck Diesel

Fire Steve Novak
Ruben Quevedo
Pro Prospect
And1: 481

Post#99 » by Ruben Quevedo » Fri Mar 1, 2024 4:57 pm

BigO wrote:To settle this important debate of Allen vs. Beasley, I am offering, as someone who has no dog in the fight, to be the final judge on the matter and bring my Clarence Thomas-esque objectivity to the table:

Defense- Give Allen some props. He has made himself into a decent defender, when he was originally one of the worst in the league. I don't think Beasley is as bad as advertised, as clearly the main culprit in a bad Bucks defense was the coach. Still, I'll give the edge to Allen.

Offense- Both Allen and Beasley are shooting percentages well above their past history, but all we care about is right now.

Their three point percentage is first and second in the league. Their total points are almost the same (within a few points) with Allen getting to the line significantly more, but Beasley hitting significantly more threes.

I give the edge to Beasley because he scores more threes and that's because he has such a quick release-much better than Allen. In the playoffs, teams will have to play Beasley much closer than Allen because of the release.

Verdict-Beasley is a better fit for the Bucks than Allen (at a much cheaper price).

I don't think his release is any quicker. But it is higher, and he jumps higher on his shot, so he is more comfortable taking them when contested compared to Allen.
Shaffty
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,121

Post#100 » by Shaffty » Fri Mar 1, 2024 5:24 pm

Ruben Quevedo wrote:
BigO wrote:To settle this important debate of Allen vs. Beasley, I am offering, as someone who has no dog in the fight, to be the final judge on the matter and bring my Clarence Thomas-esque objectivity to the table:

I don't think his release is any quicker. But it is higher, and he jumps higher on his shot, so he is more comfortable taking them when contested compared to Allen.

according to nba.com/stats

Malik Beasley has taken 70 3s with the defense at 2-4 feet away classified as "close" defense.

Grayson Allen has taken 5

Return to Milwaukee Bucks