ImageImage

Bucks beat the Bulls - Postgame thread

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

HaroldinGMinor
RealGM
And1: 14,869

Re: Bucks beat the Bulls - Postgame thread 

Post#81 » by HaroldinGMinor » Sat Mar 2, 2024 2:43 pm

I would hate Bobby Portis and Pat Bev if they were not Bucks. But they are Bucks so I love them.
Neuromancer56
Rookie
And1: 1,054

Post#82 » by Neuromancer56 » Sat Mar 2, 2024 2:43 pm

It was just a couple months ago that the Bucks were too painful to watch. Now they are more fun to watch than I can remember (championship run excluded).
Neuromancer56
Rookie

Post#83 » by Neuromancer56 » Sat Mar 2, 2024 2:56 pm

Saw this on YouTube comments on Pat Bev postgame: "Get you a cold beer, Pat! I'm calling you Pat Beverage, because you cooled off Derozan like a cold beer. " Someone else said Pat Bev needs to start his own Beer brand.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,290

Post#84 » by paulpressey25 » Sat Mar 2, 2024 2:56 pm

This Pat Bev trade may be our PJ move. Bring him in for four months to juice the team to a title. Figure out whether he comes back later.

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=z5bh-T23L7pF9lWERiKSlA
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
Neuromancer56
Rookie

Post#85 » by Neuromancer56 » Sat Mar 2, 2024 2:59 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:This Pat Bev trade may be our PJ move. Bring him in for four months to juice the team to a title. Figure out whether he comes back later.

Read on Twitter

Pat Bev has a lot more in the tank than PJ did. I'd be gutted if we let him get away. Hopefully Doc won't allow it.
theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 4,171

Post#86 » by theFireBlanket » Sat Mar 2, 2024 3:01 pm

Neuromancer56 wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:This Pat Bev trade may be our PJ move. Bring him in for four months to juice the team to a title. Figure out whether he comes back later.

Read on Twitter

Pat Bev has a lot more in the tank than PJ did. I'd be gutted if we let him get away. Hopefully Doc won't allow it.

PJ would've stuck if Lasry didn't cheap out. Think Bev stays if its a deep/title run. Unless he wants out.
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel
BuckFan25226
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,020

Post#87 » by BuckFan25226 » Sat Mar 2, 2024 3:03 pm

Neuromancer56 wrote:

Read on Twitter

This is comical to me. Vooch - "Get this loud mouth out of here, he's going to ruin our culture of mediocre uninspiring basketball"

Wut???
"didnt you watch the game with the raptors?bucks is also a playoff team ,they have enough ability to find wins from dalas and utach,
blow jazzs bitches and mavericks bitches out !"

- yiyiyi
Ayt
RealGM
And1: 13,790

Post#88 » by Ayt » Sat Mar 2, 2024 3:07 pm

GoldenAntlers wrote:Doc in post game interview, first thing he said was about how he's on the guys to stick with what works. Huge refreshment after years of not taking advantage of matchups.

I constantly talked about that under Bud. I remember in the playoffs when Boston would go small and would put Hayward on Brook and Horford on Giannis, and the Bucks wouldn't even think about spreading the floor and posting up Brook on that little twerp. Not only that, they'd just plant Lopez outside the three-point line every single possession. It drove me insane.

To me, that is basic basketball. You exploit mismatches. You force the hand of the defense. You literally spam the same mismatch until the defense concedes. Bud never did that. He ignored those types of mismatches. I never understood why he was so stubborn.
tedbrogen
Analyst
And1: 2,827

Post#89 » by tedbrogen » Sat Mar 2, 2024 3:08 pm

BigO wrote:After watching the Celtics last night, my concerns are the following:

1) The Bucks need another shooter on the court during the playoffs, even if it's just ten minutes a game. That has to be be AJ Green.

2) With Jrue Holiday shooting 65% on corner threes this season, it makes the Celtics really hard to guard. All their players sit outside and force the defenders to go out and guard the perimeter.

3) I don't now what Rivers will do with Lopez against the Celtics. Who does he guard? He can't just stay in the paint. He can't switch. Interesting chess match.

Put Brook on Jrue. Dare then to use Jrue as a screener which takes him out of the corner.
Ayt
RealGM
And1: 13,790

Post#90 » by Ayt » Sat Mar 2, 2024 3:09 pm

tedbrogen wrote:Doc hugging Bobby after he instigated DD to get DD to commit a flagrant foul and a tech was my favorite moment of game. Second favorite was Bev hugging AJG after he took that hit.

Vibe City out there. Vibe City.

Bev and Bobby need to spend all their minutes together out there.
tedbrogen
Analyst

Post#91 » by tedbrogen » Sat Mar 2, 2024 3:12 pm

RiotPunch wrote:Thought Jae did great on DeRozan. Also, just emphasizing blitzing the best opponent scorer. Gives me a little hope against Boston. Brown does not respond well to pressure like that. Interested to see how we stack up in a couple weeks.

Jae on DD is a big reason he was at two points at the half.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,290

Post#92 » by paulpressey25 » Sat Mar 2, 2024 3:12 pm

Ayt wrote:
Bev and Bobby need to spend all their minutes together out there.

That duo definitely has Grant Williams/Marcus Smart agitator potential in certain playoff moments.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,913

Post#93 » by emunney » Sat Mar 2, 2024 3:14 pm

I get seriously tickled by DeRozan's Stoic Ambassador of the Old Ways act. Mr. No Bat Flip ovah heah. Just say you were embarrassed so you did something even more embarrassing.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
BigO
Analyst
And1: 3,211

Post#94 » by BigO » Sat Mar 2, 2024 3:22 pm

tedbrogen wrote:
BigO wrote:After watching the Celtics last night, my concerns are the following:

1) The Bucks need another shooter on the court during the playoffs, even if it's just ten minutes a game. That has to be be AJ Green.

2) With Jrue Holiday shooting 65% on corner threes this season, it makes the Celtics really hard to guard. All their players sit outside and force the defenders to go out and guard the perimeter.

3) I don't now what Rivers will do with Lopez against the Celtics. Who does he guard? He can't just stay in the paint. He can't switch. Interesting chess match.

Put Brook on Jrue. Dare then to use Jrue as a screener which takes him out of the corner.

Brook's value is under the basket. They will park Jrue outside and have him just sit there.
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,748

Post#95 » by chonestown » Sat Mar 2, 2024 3:25 pm

Read on Twitter
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”
-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

"Poor as a mouse every morning/Rich as a cat every night."
-DCB
chonestown
General Manager

Post#96 » by chonestown » Sat Mar 2, 2024 3:26 pm

Double post
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”

-DCB
chonestown
General Manager

Post#97 » by chonestown » Sat Mar 2, 2024 3:29 pm

frickin triple post

-DCB
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,913

Post#98 » by emunney » Sat Mar 2, 2024 3:31 pm

Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
tedbrogen
Analyst

Post#99 » by tedbrogen » Sat Mar 2, 2024 3:33 pm

BigO wrote:
tedbrogen wrote:

Brook's value is under the basket. They will park Jrue outside and have him just sit there.

Leave Jrue open. It’s the playoffs.
buckboy
RealGM
And1: 7,926

Post#100 » by buckboy » Sat Mar 2, 2024 3:35 pm

HaroldinGMinor wrote:I would hate Bobby Portis and Pat Bev if they were not Bucks. But they are Bucks so I love them.

I've always loved Beverly. Portis I agree.
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."

Return to Milwaukee Bucks