ImageImage

PG Clippers - No Giannis, No Middleton, No Problem - Bucks win 6th straight

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

Dick Tate
Veteran
And1: 1,917

Re: PG Clippers - No Giannis, No Middleton, No Problem - Bucks win 6th straight 

Post#281 » by Dick Tate » Tue Mar 5, 2024 6:10 pm

Perishable517 wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:
Read on Twitter
Wow.

I guess I would have thought doing this was common practice?

Sent from my CPH2417 using RealGM mobile app

Yeah, I refuse to believe Stotts quit just because Griff gave him the stink eye and/or hollered at him. This makes more sense.
GoldenAntlers
General Manager
And1: 4,519

Post#282 » by GoldenAntlers » Tue Mar 5, 2024 6:12 pm

PG Graveyard wrote:I want to hang out with Bev. He’s hilarious
A local brewery NEEDS to collab with him.
"Silence is a source of great strength." - Lao Tzu
ShootingtheJ
General Manager
And1: 4,774

Post#283 » by ShootingtheJ » Tue Mar 5, 2024 6:15 pm

jschligs wrote:
-Jragon- wrote:Idc if Boston gets the 1 seed.. if we are healthier than them I think we win any East series this year

It's nearly impossible to catch them being 8 games back and only 20 games remaining. Would take an epic collapse by Boston. I don't think anyone cares about the 1 seed any more.

And everyone here agrees health is more important. What we don't agree with is your back alley rehabilitation plan for Giannis.

I agree, but home court in the Finals is still very attainable. Yes, let the medical staff make these decisions, but don't sit guys just because we're afraid of our own shadow.
jimmybones
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,771

Post#284 » by jimmybones » Tue Mar 5, 2024 6:19 pm

GoldenAntlers wrote:

AJ Bombers not collabing with AJ Green is a massive missed opportunity on both ends
GoldenAntlers
General Manager
And1: 4,519

Post#285 » by GoldenAntlers » Tue Mar 5, 2024 6:20 pm

jimmybones wrote:
GoldenAntlers wrote:

AJ Bombers not collabing with AJ Green is a massive missed opportunity on both ends
AJ Bomber is a much better nickname for him as well.
"Silence is a source of great strength." - Lao Tzu
BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 3,004

Post#286 » by BUCKnation » Tue Mar 5, 2024 6:26 pm

Haven't caught up fully on the thread yet, but that defensive 3 was so BS at the beginning of the vid.
rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,354

Post#287 » by rilamann » Tue Mar 5, 2024 6:33 pm

RiotPunch wrote:
rilamann wrote:

But how about those Milwaukee strippers? When do we get a Dame apology?

Not yet, right now Doc gets a big thank you.

There will be a Dame apology in the near future though if he keeps it up. Dame has been great since the 2nd half of the Wolves game.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,743

Post#288 » by chonestown » Tue Mar 5, 2024 6:35 pm

GoldenAntlers wrote:
jimmybones wrote:
GoldenAntlers wrote:A local brewery NEEDS to collab with him.

This is VG+
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”
-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

"Poor as a mouse every morning/Rich as a cat every night."
-DCB
Ryan5UW
General Manager
And1: 1,033

Post#289 » by Ryan5UW » Tue Mar 5, 2024 6:37 pm

jimmybones wrote:
GoldenAntlers wrote:

Too bad Golden Guernsey isn't still around...
"It's an illusion, Michael. A trick is something a whore does for money."
Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 41,978

Post#290 » by Prez » Tue Mar 5, 2024 6:41 pm

I’m still just baffled at Philly gifting us Pat Bev. Like even if they thought he was washed on court (which he clearly doesn’t appear to be), it was beyond obvious that the Bucks were desperate for and could really benefit from a crazy high energy guy who could single handedly change the culture and bring the dawg out of everyone on the roster (like ‘21 PJ). And they gifted that to us, a direct conference rival. We could still lose in the playoffs and it ends up not mattering, but process wise it’s just a bizarre decision by Morey.
rilamann
RealGM

Post#291 » by rilamann » Tue Mar 5, 2024 6:42 pm

LUKE23 wrote:2 seed is the goal. Avoid Boston until ECF and get two homecourt series.

You're 110% correct about Boston.

Playing Boston in the ECF with them possibly coming off a tough 2nd round series against a team like Miami would help our chances quite a bit than if we played Boston in 2nd round with them possibly coming off an easy sweep in the 1st round.

I don't think HCA is as big for us as it has been in the past, but falling below the #3 seed could be disastrous for us.

#1 seed is out of reach at this point obviously, but as long as we finish #2 or #3 I love our chances to go on a long playoff run with a really good shot to beat Boston.
Perishable517
Analyst
And1: 1,950

Post#292 » by Perishable517 » Tue Mar 5, 2024 6:43 pm

GoldenAntlers wrote:
jimmybones wrote:
GoldenAntlers wrote:A local brewery NEEDS to collab with him.

Yah, but dammit he is Dairy Bird.

Sent from my CPH2417 using RealGM mobile app
" If you take away the alc l r g on Malcolm Brogdon is Mom Bod :("
- emunney

"I’d place the phone directly between my cheeks while I let one rip right in John Hammond’s ear."
- BroncoBuck
drdrG
Bench Warmer
And1: 832

Post#293 » by drdrG » Tue Mar 5, 2024 6:47 pm

I'll of course be disappointed if this season ends with somebody other than the Bucks winning but I at least feel confident now that we are putting our best foot forward. If we lose because Giannis can't make enough FTs or the shots don't fall for Dame, I can live with that. I would have questioned my fandom if we lost because Lopez was blitzing Haliburton 30 feet from the basket in round 1.
MissKhriddleton
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,189

Post#294 » by MissKhriddleton » Tue Mar 5, 2024 6:51 pm

23-2 when Dame shoots 45% or better.

20-0 when Dame shoots 50% or better.

18-2 when Dame hits 4 or more threes.

25-3 when Dame scores 25 or more points.
tedbrogen
Analyst
And1: 2,827

Post#295 » by tedbrogen » Tue Mar 5, 2024 6:59 pm

emunney wrote:
jimmybones wrote:Can we give Doc some props for playing Green over Pat down the stretch? Better shooter, better defender, better ball handler. I really hope that kid gets a shot at making a shortened playoff rotation. Let's start building his confidence, kid can play.

Loved to see him putting that 30 footer on tape yesterday. Agree that it will be a shame if he can't get out there when it counts. Doc does seem to trust him and it's easy to see why.

33 footer officially. In a two point game late in the fourth quarter. Cold blooded.
rilamann
RealGM

Post#296 » by rilamann » Tue Mar 5, 2024 7:00 pm

Would be ironic for me personally if the Bucks win a title after trading for Pat Bev, 3 seasons after winning a title after trading for PJ Tucker.

Because PJ Tucker & Pat Bev are two guys who for many years (long before they were members of the Bucks) I always put a ton of value on due to the intangibles that they bring.

And as Intangibles/mental toughness guy I was mocked for it by the Semi Ojeleye is a fine replacement for PJ Tucker types.

:lol:
-Jragon-
Head Coach
And1: 1,668

Post#297 » by -Jragon- » Tue Mar 5, 2024 7:04 pm

jschligs wrote:
-Jragon- wrote:Idc if Boston gets the 1 seed.. if we are healthier than them I think we win any East series this year

It's nearly impossible to catch them being 8 games back and only 20 games remaining. Would take an epic collapse by Boston. I don't think anyone cares about the 1 seed any more.

And everyone here agrees health is more important. What we don't agree with is your back alley rehabilitation plan for Giannis.

If an injury keeps coming back over and over for months.. what does that mean? It means that the in between treatments and 2 to 3 days rest hasn't healed it enough to stop reaggrivating it. What if doctors on the team suggested shutting down a few games to heal it but Giannis says no because of the MVP pageant and it costs us a ring? I'm just saying, let's be smart here and think longer term. We lose nothing by sitting him and gain a new even stronger man potentially
tedbrogen
Analyst
And1: 2,827

Post#298 » by tedbrogen » Tue Mar 5, 2024 7:05 pm

Prez wrote:I’m still just baffled at Philly gifting us Pat Bev. Like even if they thought he was washed on court (which he clearly doesn’t appear to be), it was beyond obvious that the Bucks were desperate for and could really benefit from a crazy high energy guy who could single handedly change the culture and bring the dawg out of everyone on the roster (like ‘21 PJ). And they gifted that to us, a direct conference rival. We could still lose in the playoffs and it ends up not mattering, but process wise it’s just a bizarre decision by Morey.

This has been covered. Sixers had King of Philly Lowry coming in so they needed to clear PT for him. They knew PatBev would not be happy sitting on the bench so they took the free second round pick for him. That’s the logic at least. Not saying Morey was right to choose Lowry’s corpse over PatBev and it likely doesn’t matter to them as Embiid is not going to get back in time to save their season.

Also, PatBev’s energy could rub some people the wrong way. I could see Embiid not vibing with it while Giannis and Portis clearly love another guy who plays every game like game seven of the finals.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 24,002

Post#299 » by Ron Swanson » Tue Mar 5, 2024 7:07 pm

Prez wrote:I’m still just baffled at Philly gifting us Pat Bev. Like even if they thought he was washed on court (which he clearly doesn’t appear to be), it was beyond obvious that the Bucks were desperate for and could really benefit from a crazy high energy guy who could single handedly change the culture and bring the dawg out of everyone on the roster (like ‘21 PJ). And they gifted that to us, a direct conference rival. We could still lose in the playoffs and it ends up not mattering, but process wise it’s just a bizarre decision by Morey.

Not that surprising when you're a GM who views everything only through a binary, analytics lens and all players just end up being numbers on a spreadsheet. That 2027 2nd round pick and the 0.1% chance it has of becoming an NBA rotation player 4-years from now was just too good a deal to pass up. Classic Morey.
-Jragon-
Head Coach
And1: 1,668

Post#300 » by -Jragon- » Tue Mar 5, 2024 7:11 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:

Not that surprising when you're a GM who views everything only through a binary, analytics lens and all players just end up being numbers on a spreadsheet. That 2027 2nd round pick and the 0.1% chance it has of becoming an NBA rotation player was just too good a deal to pass up. Classic Morey.

If Philly isn't competitive and see Bev as a 2 month rental.. why would they care if we go to the finals or Boston or Miami.. they probably dislike us all the same and one of us is going to go either way. Maybe they hate Boston or Miami worse and this was an F U to them.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks