ImageImage

PG Clippers - No Giannis, No Middleton, No Problem - Bucks win 6th straight

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

-Jragon-
Head Coach
And1: 1,670

Re: PG Clippers - No Giannis, No Middleton, No Problem - Bucks win 6th straight 

Post#301 » by -Jragon- » Tue Mar 5, 2024 7:12 pm

2nd round picks have been valuable add ins for trades... their bigger picture is probably stacking as many assets as they can to spice up their package to move on from Tobias... doubt they ever use that 2nd in the actual draft
jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,952

Post#302 » by jschligs » Tue Mar 5, 2024 7:20 pm

-Jragon- wrote:
jschligs wrote:
-Jragon- wrote:Idc if Boston gets the 1 seed.. if we are healthier than them I think we win any East series this year

It's nearly impossible to catch them being 8 games back and only 20 games remaining. Would take an epic collapse by Boston. I don't think anyone cares about the 1 seed any more.

And everyone here agrees health is more important. What we don't agree with is your back alley rehabilitation plan for Giannis.

If an injury keeps coming back over and over for months.. what does that mean? It means that the in between treatments and 2 to 3 days rest hasn't healed it enough to stop reaggrivating it. What if doctors on the team suggested shutting down a few games to heal it but Giannis says no because of the MVP pageant and it costs us a ring? I'm just saying, let's be smart here and think longer term. We lose nothing by sitting him and gain a new even stronger man potentially

Nobody is questioning having him sit games. But I’m 100 times more likely to listen to a doctors rehab advice than what you wrote above. Jez even confirmed what you said was rubbish. Yes, definitely rest as needed, and who cares about MVP. Giannis wants titles not personal accolades.
j_hilge444
Senior
And1: 126

Post#303 » by j_hilge444 » Tue Mar 5, 2024 7:22 pm

rilamann wrote:Would be ironic for me personally if the Bucks win a title after trading for Pat Bev, 3 seasons after winning a title after trading for PJ Tucker.

Because PJ Tucker & Pat Bev are two guys who for many years (long before they were members of the Bucks) I always put a ton of value on due to the intangibles that they bring.

And as Intangibles/mental toughness guy I was mocked for it by the Semi Ojeleye is a fine replacement for PJ Tucker types.

:lol:

*Toot Toot* - That's the sound of your horn.
Luke Ridnour getting silly all over - throwing mad alley oops to Ilyasova.
rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,356

Post#304 » by rilamann » Tue Mar 5, 2024 7:26 pm

I bet JJ Redick is kicking himself now for not keeping his mouth shut about Doc and the Bucks.

It's looking like he's about to have yet another hilariously bad take on his resume, but if had he just kept his mouth closed for another week, he would have been good.

I have to no clue why people take him seriously.

His defining trait is having takes that are so bad that they go viral.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 24,006

Post#305 » by Ron Swanson » Tue Mar 5, 2024 7:28 pm

-Jragon- wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:
Prez wrote:I’m still just baffled at Philly gifting us Pat Bev. Like even if they thought he was washed on court (which he clearly doesn’t appear to be), it was beyond obvious that the Bucks were desperate for and could really benefit from a crazy high energy guy who could single handedly change the culture and bring the dawg out of everyone on the roster (like ‘21 PJ). And they gifted that to us, a direct conference rival. We could still lose in the playoffs and it ends up not mattering, but process wise it’s just a bizarre decision by Morey.

Not that surprising when you're a GM who views everything only through a binary, analytics lens and all players just end up being numbers on a spreadsheet. That 2027 2nd round pick and the 0.1% chance it has of becoming an NBA rotation player was just too good a deal to pass up. Classic Morey.

If Philly isn't competitive and see Bev as a 2 month rental.. why would they care if we go to the finals or Boston or Miami.. they probably dislike us all the same and one of us is going to go either way. Maybe they hate Boston or Miami worse and this was an F U to them.

I don't think it matters either way cuz even with a healthy Embiid, they're at best the 3rd-4th best team in the conference. But this has always been Daryl's modus operandi. He doesn't believe intangible qualities and chemistry matter. That's why he brought in dudes like Dwight Howard, Russell Westbrook, and Harden despite them all being predictable disasters that most rational people saw coming. I'd bet anything that he probably just crunched Lowry's catch and shoot 3PT numbers vs. Pat Bev's and made his decision solely based off of that.
Balls2TheWalls
RealGM
And1: 3,635

Post#306 » by Balls2TheWalls » Tue Mar 5, 2024 7:29 pm

rilamann wrote:I bet JJ Redick is kicking himself now for not keeping his mouth shut about Doc and the Bucks.

It's looking like he's about to have yet another hilariously bad take on his resume, but if had he just kept his mouth closed for another week, he would have been good.

I think this particular take is based in his own hurt feelings, because his doubling down has come after people pointed out that Doc's offense made him into a different player. There is some personal hurt there, especially because one of the greatest meltdowns in Doc's history coincided with JJ playing like absolute garbage.
SupremeHustle wrote:Salmons might shoot us out of games, but SJAX shoots people out of parking lots. Think about it.
j_hilge444
Senior
And1: 126

Post#307 » by j_hilge444 » Tue Mar 5, 2024 7:40 pm

rilamann wrote:I bet JJ Redick is kicking himself now for not keeping his mouth shut about Doc and the Bucks.

The fact that you're still talking about it is all Redick cares about.
Luke Ridnour getting silly all over - throwing mad alley oops to Ilyasova.
rilamann
RealGM

Post#308 » by rilamann » Tue Mar 5, 2024 7:42 pm

Balls2TheWalls wrote:

I think this particular take is based in his own hurt feelings, because his doubling down has come after people pointed out that Doc's offense made him into a different player. There is some personal hurt there, especially because one of the greatest meltdowns in Doc's history coincided with JJ playing like absolute garbage.

Probably, but his takes a lot of times have been so comically bad. They're so bad you almost think he has to be doing it on purpose to be a troll. But he's not.

Like when Redick didn't have Giannis in his top 3 guys in the league and then when Embiid was like, where's Giannis? Redick's response was Giannis is in the next tier.

Keep in mind, Redick had this take when Giannis was fresh off Finals MVP and Giannis had just put up 50 in the clinching game.

What it put it over the top was when he left Giannis out of the top 3, his immediate response was Giannis is in the next tier when he got called on it by Embiid.
rilamann
RealGM

Post#309 » by rilamann » Tue Mar 5, 2024 8:00 pm

j_hilge444 wrote:

I guess.

But I am still talking about it in large part because he has the hype machine behind him. He has ridiculously bad takes, but every time I turn on ESPN for any NBA related coverage, he's on my TV and I am forced to listen to him.

It's like I am constantly seeing JJ Redick when I am not looking for him. He's like the Kevin Hart of NBA analysts.
JimmyTheKid
General Manager
And1: 5,176

Post#310 » by JimmyTheKid » Tue Mar 5, 2024 8:06 pm

Aren't you the:

"Dame only cares about strippers"
"Dame is unhappy in Milwaukee"
"Dame is washed"
"Trade Dame for whatever you can get at the deadline"

guy?
jute2003
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,356

Post#311 » by jute2003 » Tue Mar 5, 2024 8:06 pm

jschligs wrote:
-Jragon- wrote:
jschligs wrote:
It's nearly impossible to catch them being 8 games back and only 20 games remaining. Would take an epic collapse by Boston. I don't think anyone cares about the 1 seed any more.

And everyone here agrees health is more important. What we don't agree with is your back alley rehabilitation plan for Giannis.

If an injury keeps coming back over and over for months.. what does that mean? It means that the in between treatments and 2 to 3 days rest hasn't healed it enough to stop reaggrivating it. What if doctors on the team suggested shutting down a few games to heal it but Giannis says no because of the MVP pageant and it costs us a ring? I'm just saying, let's be smart here and think longer term. We lose nothing by sitting him and gain a new even stronger man potentially

Nobody is questioning having him sit games. But I’m 100 times more likely to listen to a doctors rehab advice than what you wrote above. Jez even confirmed what you said was rubbish. Yes, definitely rest as needed, and who cares about MVP. Giannis wants titles not personal accolades.
He certainly wants titles but personal accolades obviously matter quite a bit to him as well.
only a fan, only an opinion
CharityStripe34
General Manager
And1: 5,742

Post#312 » by CharityStripe34 » Tue Mar 5, 2024 8:11 pm

rilamann wrote:
j_hilge444 wrote:

I guess.

But I am still talking about it in large part because he has the hype machine behind him. He has ridiculously bad takes, but every time I turn on ESPN for any NBA related coverage, he's on my TV and I am forced to listen to him.

It's like I am constantly seeing JJ Redick when I am not looking for him. He's like the Kevin Hart of NBA analysts.

TV talking heads don't get paid to be right all the time. They get paid for eyeballs and clicks. And despite him being a knowledgeable hoops guy about a lot of x's and o's, he's just as susceptible to being wrong as any Real GM armchair expert.

Besides a lot of the incessant Top 5 lists or discussions come down to the person's preference as to style of play.
"Wes, Hill, Ibaka, Allen, Nwora, Brook, Pat, Ingles, Khris are all slow-mo, injury prone ... a sandcastle waiting for playoff wave to get wrecked. A castle with no long-range archers... is destined to fall. That is all I have to say."-- FOTIS
CharityStripe34
General Manager
And1: 5,742

Post#313 » by CharityStripe34 » Tue Mar 5, 2024 8:15 pm

jschligs wrote:
-Jragon- wrote:
jschligs wrote:

You can bet guys as great as Giannis do care about MVPs. Obviously, he cares first about winning the trophy (and Finals MVP), but if there's a legitimate chance he can win I'm sure he's aware on some level. I bet even Jokic cares.

For sure the most important thing is good health. Don't want to mess around with a sore Achilles tendon. We know how cautious the Bucks medical staff is with our guys.
"Wes, Hill, Ibaka, Allen, Nwora, Brook, Pat, Ingles, Khris are all slow-mo, injury prone ... a sandcastle waiting for playoff wave to get wrecked. A castle with no long-range archers... is destined to fall. That is all I have to say."-- FOTIS
rilamann
RealGM

Post#314 » by rilamann » Tue Mar 5, 2024 8:45 pm

JimmyTheKid wrote:

Aren't you the:

"Dame only cares about strippers"
"Dame is unhappy in Milwaukee"
"Dame is washed"
"Trade Dame for whatever you can get at the deadline"

guy?

Dame is unhappy in Milwaukee

Is the only thing I actually said.

And when I said that he actually looked unhappy being here and most agreed with me at the time. That has since changed as of late. Doc is a great coach, I've been defending Doc from slander for years and this is one of the reasons why. Doc even has Dame giving solid effort on defense. Let's all be happy about that.

But I never said Dame only cares about strippers. And I said Models not strippers....lol. But I didn't say that was all he cared about, I said he looks like he wishes he was in Miami partying with Models, pretty sure I didn't say strippers, maybe I did. I meant models.

I never said Dame is washed.

I never said trade Dame for whatever you can get at the deadline.

I said trade Middleton for whatever you can get at the deadline, maybe you got that one mixed up.

I have some bad takes too and the Dame looks unhappy here and looks like he wishes he was partying in Miami with models is starting to look like it might turn out to be a pretty bad one, I hope it turns out to be a horrible take in June.

Maybe Dame was just miserable playing for AG.

I am deff not the type to hope Dame keeps shooting 35% and giving no effort on defense so that I can say I was right. I hope Dame makes my take look ridiculously horrible. Since all star weekend he sure has.

But if I was hypothetically a well known podcaster, I don't think I would have as many takes that were so bad that they went viral as JJ Redick does. I am also not forced down everyone's throat when you turn on ESPN for NBA coverage either.
buckboy
RealGM
And1: 7,926

Post#315 » by buckboy » Tue Mar 5, 2024 9:24 pm

rilamann wrote:
j_hilge444 wrote:

I guess.

I found your mistake.
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,211

Post#316 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Mar 5, 2024 9:32 pm

Redick is a good analyst and nothing he said was wrong.
rilamann
RealGM

Post#317 » by rilamann » Tue Mar 5, 2024 9:35 pm

buckboy wrote:
rilamann wrote:
j_hilge444 wrote:

I guess.

I found your mistake.

I think you might be on to something here.

:lol:
-Jragon-
Head Coach
And1: 1,670

Post#318 » by -Jragon- » Tue Mar 5, 2024 10:03 pm

jschligs wrote:
-Jragon- wrote:
jschligs wrote:

I get that there are smarter guys than me.. my master's is in business and those are pretty easy to get. Just an opinion.. if he's going to miss 4 games here and there anyway to manage pain like yesterday, but not really heal all the way... just do the 4 all at once right now when the schedule is spread out and favorable. If he's not having recurring injuries and they are just minor than that's different -- we don't really know. But when you say tendinitis that insinuates that it starts feeling better but keeps getting tweaked which is from not letting it heal enough. Doctor dudes are great for their expert opinions but we can also see that if he's been treating is this whole time and trying to play through it and it turned into tendinitis then the strategy isn't working and likely will be like this on the playoff run.. pivot like PHD AG couldn't and try letting it heal maybe. Just an opinion. Doctors maybe are helping guys figure out how not to miss games thinking short-term instead of thinking longer term and being HEALTHY at the perfect time and get a ring. With Giannis on the trip we likely go 3 and 4.. without him likely 2 and 4... 1 game different...
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,781

Post#319 » by AussieBuck » Tue Mar 5, 2024 10:14 pm

Pat and Bobby!!!!!!

Pat and Dame!!!!

Dame is a good defender when he wants to be!!!!

Vibes!!!!!!!
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,755

Post#320 » by chonestown » Tue Mar 5, 2024 10:29 pm

AJ with wild range from 30+: AWE-INSPIRING
Bobby and Patbev hugging it out: Awwww! Inspiring!
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”
-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

"Poor as a mouse every morning/Rich as a cat every night."
-DCB

Return to Milwaukee Bucks