ImageImage

PG Clippers - No Giannis, No Middleton, No Problem - Bucks win 6th straight

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

tedbrogen
Analyst
And1: 2,827

Re: PG Clippers - No Giannis, No Middleton, No Problem - Bucks win 6th straight 

Post#321 » by tedbrogen » Tue Mar 5, 2024 10:31 pm

Just watched Doc’s presser. Amongst other great stuff he made a really impressive point about Bobby needing to be patient on the block. To me, Bobby seems very efficient when he backs guys down into the paint. Way less so when he does a quick turnarounds from midrange. Doc said they tell Bobby all the time “that guy isn’t going to grow”, meaning if he has a smaller guy on him, he should take his time to get the best shot.

Such a refreshing thing after half a season of Clueless Grief.
ReddoverKobe
Head Coach
And1: 6,932

Post#322 » by ReddoverKobe » Tue Mar 5, 2024 10:33 pm

Like a friend of mine said "no chance Grief ever gets a shot a coaching again right". Kind of feel bad for the guy.
GoldenAntlers
General Manager
And1: 4,520

Post#323 » by GoldenAntlers » Tue Mar 5, 2024 10:36 pm

Perishable517 wrote:
GoldenAntlers wrote:
jimmybones wrote:
AJ Bombers not collabing with AJ Green is a massive missed opportunity on both ends
AJ Bomber is a much better nickname for him as well.
Yah, but dammit he is Dairy Bird.

Sent from my CPH2417 using RealGM mobile app
*Better than "AJ Automatic".
"Silence is a source of great strength." - Lao Tzu
tedbrogen
Analyst
And1: 2,827

Post#324 » by tedbrogen » Tue Mar 5, 2024 10:37 pm

ReddoverKobe wrote:Like a friend of mine said "no chance Grief ever gets a shot a coaching again right". Kind of feel bad for the guy.

He got paid (and will continue to be paid) millions to be one of the worst ever to do that job.
ReddoverKobe
Head Coach
And1: 6,932

Post#325 » by ReddoverKobe » Tue Mar 5, 2024 10:40 pm

tedbrogen wrote:
ReddoverKobe wrote:Like a friend of mine said "no chance Grief ever gets a shot a coaching again right". Kind of feel bad for the guy.

He got paid (and will continue to be paid) millions to be one of the worst ever to do that job.

Fair, I just wonder if he started on the Pistons or something he learns and grows. Instead this is going to go down as one of the worst coaching jobs ever.
GoldenAntlers
General Manager

Post#326 » by GoldenAntlers » Tue Mar 5, 2024 10:42 pm

ReddoverKobe wrote:
tedbrogen wrote:

Fair, I just wonder if he started on the Pistons or something he learns and grows. Instead this is going to go down as one of the worst coaching jobs ever.
Probably, but at the same time, the guy played in the NBA and has coached in the NBA for years. His son is currently on an NBA roster. I'm not too worried about his job.
Jez2983
RealGM
And1: 7,959

Post#327 » by Jez2983 » Tue Mar 5, 2024 11:15 pm

jimmybones wrote:
Jez2983 wrote:
-Jragon- wrote:Like seriously keep him in his house in Milwaukee and do whatever ice/heat/creams idk whatever the homeopathic recommendations are. This type of long rest saves you from missing a year for surgery.

This is all complete rubbish. Everything you've posted.

What about the magic spray that Euro soccer teams use? (green font)

I know you are in the medical field, do you mind sharing your title or job? I work in a similar field, less medically trained than you it seems but still know some of this stuff and I love your insights. Thanks man

I'd still use magic spray in that context, knowing full well that it's doing f-all :lol:

There was a story about an Australian cricketer recently who was cramping so badly that he couldn't run (dehydration in heat/fatigue etc.) The physio ran out and said 'Hmmm, I've seen this before, if you keep going it will get better' because he knew if he came off he wouldn't be able to stand up once he sat down. So the cricketer basically stood there smashing the equivalent of continuous home runs until the team won... Sometimes you need to be creative with your truth telling!

I'm a physiotherapist, (Physical Therapist in the US), did my masters in sports and exercise last year. In Australia we are first point of contact practitioners moreso than in the US, we get involved more in decision making regarding injury management/rehab.
trwi7 wrote:Will be practicing my best Australian accent for tomorrow.

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"
Jez2983
RealGM

Post#328 » by Jez2983 » Tue Mar 5, 2024 11:20 pm

jschligs wrote:
-Jragon- wrote:
jschligs wrote:
It's nearly impossible to catch them being 8 games back and only 20 games remaining. Would take an epic collapse by Boston. I don't think anyone cares about the 1 seed any more.

And everyone here agrees health is more important. What we don't agree with is your back alley rehabilitation plan for Giannis.

If an injury keeps coming back over and over for months.. what does that mean? It means that the in between treatments and 2 to 3 days rest hasn't healed it enough to stop reaggrivating it. What if doctors on the team suggested shutting down a few games to heal it but Giannis says no because of the MVP pageant and it costs us a ring? I'm just saying, let's be smart here and think longer term. We lose nothing by sitting him and gain a new even stronger man potentially

Nobody is questioning having him sit games. But I’m 100 times more likely to listen to a doctors rehab advice than what you wrote above. Jez even confirmed what you said was rubbish. Yes, definitely rest as needed, and who cares about MVP. Giannis wants titles not personal accolades.

Tendons don't heal in the same way as a muscular injury, so it's not a 'rest and it gets better' scenario. They may keep him out of games, but he won't be resting.

My gut feel is that he will play sore, probably against the clippers.

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,510

Post#329 » by HKPackFan » Wed Mar 6, 2024 12:28 am

I said it in the bulls PG thread.

We are that team! That **** talking, don't **** around, take no prisoners, bad mfers! Absolute Dawgs!

No one wants to play a team like that.

That is a team you want to avoid!

With Bobby and bev causing havoc out there, a coach teaching them when to trap their star and make life miserable, bev is like a coach or qb on defense cslling this out and directing everyone. I saw him call out dame to move on one defensive possession, and Dame listened and moved off a guy.

It's brilliant! There is a synergy happening right now. It's so beautiful to watch. To it's literally night and day compared to AGs defense.

And on top of clamping down, then you got a dame/giannis who can pop off for 40 pts any moment.

This team peaking definitely has a championship ceiling.
#FreeChuckDiesel
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,510

Post#330 » by HKPackFan » Wed Mar 6, 2024 12:31 am

AussieBuck wrote:Pat and Bobby!!!!!!

Pat and Dame!!!!

Dame is a good defender when he wants to be!!!!

Vibes!!!!!!!

I felt like the PatBev to AJ Green headbutt was an initiation....

Bev to Green "You a dawg now!". I loved it so much.
#FreeChuckDiesel
GoldenAntlers
General Manager

Post#331 » by GoldenAntlers » Wed Mar 6, 2024 12:37 am

HKPackFan wrote:
AussieBuck wrote:Pat and Bobby!!!!!!

Pat and Dame!!!!

Dame is a good defender when he wants to be!!!!

Vibes!!!!!!!

I felt like the PatBev to AJ Green headbutt was an initiation....

Bev to Green "You a dawg now!". I loved it so much.
It was a top-tier chemistry building game.
jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,952

Post#332 » by jschligs » Wed Mar 6, 2024 1:02 am

jute2003 wrote:
jschligs wrote:
-Jragon- wrote:

If an injury keeps coming back over and over for months.. what does that mean? It means that the in between treatments and 2 to 3 days rest hasn't healed it enough to stop reaggrivating it. What if doctors on the team suggested shutting down a few games to heal it but Giannis says no because of the MVP pageant and it costs us a ring? I'm just saying, let's be smart here and think longer term. We lose nothing by sitting him and gain a new even stronger man potentially

Nobody is questioning having him sit games. But I’m 100 times more likely to listen to a doctors rehab advice than what you wrote above. Jez even confirmed what you said was rubbish. Yes, definitely rest as needed, and who cares about MVP. Giannis wants titles not personal accolades.
He certainly wants titles but personal accolades obviously matter quite a bit to him as well.

For sure. But if the medical staff said “hey, look, we know you want to play tomorrow but with your Achilles we want you to sit so you are more comfortable come playoffs” then he will listen. It’s titles first, then personal accolades. And I don’t blame him for either. I love him.
drone3
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,535

Post#333 » by drone3 » Wed Mar 6, 2024 1:30 am

Can't get over Dairy Bird... From Dame range, insane
Jez2983
RealGM

Post#334 » by Jez2983 » Wed Mar 6, 2024 1:47 am

I have just become aware that PG was dating Doc's daughter and cheated on her...

Maybe we get Seth Curry on the cheap in the future.

-Jragon-
Head Coach
And1: 1,670

Post#335 » by -Jragon- » Wed Mar 6, 2024 2:07 am

Jez2983 wrote:
jschligs wrote:
-Jragon- wrote:

Tendons don't heal in the same way as a muscular injury, so it's not a 'rest and it gets better' scenario. They may keep him out of games, but he won't be resting.

I appreciate your prospective considering your profession. Also I'd like to note that every google search on Achilles Tendonitis says to rest it as long as possible. Also Google isnt a medical journal, I get that.. am I searching the wrong thing? Seems like it's related to ankle sprains too... please advise with little more detail of you have it. Taking a few games off here now seems like a perfect time to prepare him for a less painful playoffs.. it's also counterintuitive to imagine forcing through some pain right now has any long term benefit.
LittleRooster
General Manager
And1: 3,121

Post#336 » by LittleRooster » Wed Mar 6, 2024 2:22 am

-Jragon- wrote:
Jez2983 wrote:
jschligs wrote:

I appreciate your prospective considering your profession. Also I'd like to note that every google search on Achilles Tendonitis says to rest it as long as possible. Also Google isnt a medical journal, I get that.. am I searching the wrong thing? Seems like it's related to ankle sprains too... please advise with little more detail of you have it. Taking a few games off here now seems like a perfect time to prepare him for a less painful playoffs.. it's also counterintuitive to imagine forcing through some pain right now has any long term benefit.

Gotta love someone questioning the medical professional based on…<checks notes>…Google lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RRyder823
General Manager
And1: 4,200

Post#337 » by RRyder823 » Wed Mar 6, 2024 3:10 am

LittleRooster wrote:
-Jragon- wrote:
Jez2983 wrote:

Gotta love someone questioning the medical professional based on…<checks notes>…Google lol

In fairness he's not really questioning him. He's more giving an opinion based on his limited scope and seems open to feedback from someone more knowledgeable

Sent from my SM-S918U using RealGM mobile app
theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 4,172

Post#338 » by theFireBlanket » Wed Mar 6, 2024 3:14 am

Jez2983 wrote:I have just become aware that PG was dating Doc's daughter and cheated on her...

Maybe we get Seth Curry on the cheap in the future.

Read that before & forgot. No wonder Bev was all over him & Doc seemed hella invested in it.
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel
steger_3434
RealGM
And1: 5,481

Post#339 » by steger_3434 » Wed Mar 6, 2024 3:15 am

RRyder823 wrote:
LittleRooster wrote:
-Jragon- wrote:

In fairness he's not really questioning him. He's more giving an opinion based on his limited scope and seems open to feedback from someone more knowledgeable

Sent from my SM-S918U using RealGM mobile app

Not all doctors will agree either. It’s why people get second opinions. My cousin is a surgeon. I texted him asking rehab for tendinitis and he said rest. Is jez right and my cousin wrong? Possibly. Or there are different ways to treat injuries. Doctors 200 years ago would give you whisky and a bullet to bite on while bloodletting was a common thing. Were they right?

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
yiyiyi wrote:give rockets Redd ,houston give you T-MAC in return .please help rockets!
i dont want see that woman anymore !
kanyon
Junior
And1: 232

Post#340 » by kanyon » Wed Mar 6, 2024 3:22 am

Dairy Krystkowiak.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks