ImageImage

PG Warriors - Loss

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

Turk Nowitzki
RealGM
And1: 9,980

Re: PG Warriors - Loss 

Post#21 » by Turk Nowitzki » Thu Mar 7, 2024 2:24 pm

I appreciate his willingness to fight through injury but it really didn't seem like Giannis should've played last night. That's my main takeaway.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 24,002

Post#22 » by Ron Swanson » Thu Mar 7, 2024 2:28 pm

Turk Nowitzki wrote:I appreciate his willingness to fight through injury but it really didn't seem like Giannis should've played last night. That's my main takeaway.

Surprised there isn't more talk about this. I trust the medical staff, but they're not infallible. It's 100% fair to question why Giannis was even out there last night given how he looked. Warriors were completely healthy for the first time in 4-months and fresh off an embarrassing defeat. This had schedule loss written all over it.
BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 3,004

Post#23 » by BUCKnation » Thu Mar 7, 2024 2:51 pm

Yeah, probably should have been much tighter on his leash, especially when it got out of hand pretty quickly in the 4th.
GoldenAntlers
General Manager
And1: 4,519

Post#24 » by GoldenAntlers » Thu Mar 7, 2024 3:02 pm

RubberSoul wrote:We scored 13 points in the last 17:33 of the game lmao.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Glad I made the call to not watch the final 12 then.
"Silence is a source of great strength." - Lao Tzu
GoldenAntlers
General Manager
And1: 4,519

Post#25 » by GoldenAntlers » Thu Mar 7, 2024 3:03 pm

I think the majority of this loss comes down to the Warriors getting blown the **** out the previous game combined with the adrenaline of finally having their complete team. Schedule Loss.
"Silence is a source of great strength." - Lao Tzu
bucksfansince88
Analyst
And1: 1,805

Post#26 » by bucksfansince88 » Thu Mar 7, 2024 3:10 pm

GA only played because silver was there and it was on ESPN
Frank Nova
Head Coach
And1: 2,593

Post#27 » by Frank Nova » Thu Mar 7, 2024 3:34 pm

bucksfansince88 wrote:GA only played because silver was there and it was on ESPN

You could be right but I respectfully disagree. It’s not in Giannis’ competitive nature to sit on the bench and watch. He was out there all day (shoot around and pregame) doing what he usually does without any noticeable issues. I’m just assuming but my guess is the medical staff gave Giannis the green light to decide for himself and he’s always gonna be his own worst enemy when it comes to that. I’d credit those Jackson-Davis block sequences and Giannis having a slower than normal reaction time defending the rim on his pain level being higher than normal. He got barely any lift and went up soft multiple times attacking the rim throughout the game. Like I said, you might be right about Silver and espn but I think Giannis cares more about competing than anything else. Even Doc said he came to his office before the Clippers game just to apologize he didn’t feel good enough to play, he would’ve done the same last night if that’s how he felt. I don’t think Silver and espn would have changed that.
RIP Kobe Forever. GOAT 8-24. Long Live Giannis
KidA24
General Manager
And1: 7,430

Post#28 » by KidA24 » Thu Mar 7, 2024 4:05 pm

NINE POINTS IN THE FOURTH QUARTER??? NINE??

That's all I've got.
Amos Barshad: "So you got a job, a place to live, a license? What’s left?"

Giannis: “Nothing. Just get a ring now.”
yb90
Pro Prospect
And1: 255

Post#29 » by yb90 » Thu Mar 7, 2024 4:14 pm

Giannis was bad in the second half but it blew apart once he left and Bobby's shot was not falling. To be honest nobody on the Bucks could score. Despite the offensive woes the defense was the problem because Brook is unplayable when Curry is on the floor with Draymond. Doc needed to go small with Pat or AJ at the 3 but he didn't. I also didn't like the decision to run a zone with Curry on the floor. A box and 1 maybe but a 2-3 will get destroyed
tedbrogen
Analyst
And1: 2,827

Post#30 » by tedbrogen » Thu Mar 7, 2024 4:37 pm

Beas with a nice 2-10 disaster class on both ends.

Him and Brook are not playable against a team that does that kind of offball movement. Brook is too slow and Beas doesn’t know where to be.
-Jragon-
Head Coach
And1: 1,668

Post#31 » by -Jragon- » Thu Mar 7, 2024 4:56 pm

MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:Going need someone to explain to me the data analytics how Giannis shooting 1.7 3s a game at 30% is so much worse than BroLo launching 5.2 a game at 34%. He needs to swing the ball more to someone who is more efficient and pick his spots.

Agreed, good point
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,285

Post#32 » by paulpressey25 » Thu Mar 7, 2024 5:00 pm

Conspiracy theory alert: That whole team and Giannis looked spooked last night about his achilles. Fanbase as well.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 4,171

Post#33 » by theFireBlanket » Thu Mar 7, 2024 5:02 pm

Giannis should listen to PatBev on the PatBev pod.

Superstars should watch that Clippers game, get right, let your team hold it down. Get right.

Didn't expect Giannis to play. What was the rush? It didn't help in the 3rd quarter.
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel
Milbucks96
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,520

Post#34 » by Milbucks96 » Thu Mar 7, 2024 5:04 pm

The warriors hitting all their threes is why I can’t really get mad at this loss. The rebounding and paint points sucks and I think it was obvious that we should’ve went small after the first timeout. Hopefully Giannis is on the mend and Khris is back soon. You can tell Giannis had very little lift and trust in his leg.
-Jragon-
Head Coach

Post#35 » by -Jragon- » Thu Mar 7, 2024 5:08 pm

*Kerr clearly out schemed Doc.. this doesn't bother me MUCH in a regular season game but hopefully it's not MTC

*they also were at home and feeling it for a lot of the game, which happens and isn't really concerning

*I would like Doc and the team to normalize going with or finding the hot hand. Tell the team at a meeting.. listen.. there are going to be times that you're just off and that happens.. we get it.. and sometimes I'll pull you and try to find a hot hand. If it's working I'll stay with that guy. Don't take it as that we lost confidence in you and don't lose confidence in yourself - just relax/ take it as rest and reflection.. hit it a little harder in shootaround tomorrow to get your touch back and you'll get your regular minutes still the next game. We were 2 time zones away and we all knew that keeping Beas in after 6 min left in the 3rd would likely cost us the game but Doc didn't pivot. If his teammates were saying shoot your way out of it then they are wrong too.. he needed to realize he's off and stop shooting 3s... drive and kick or draw fouls.. something
-Jragon-
Head Coach

Post#36 » by -Jragon- » Thu Mar 7, 2024 5:15 pm

I remember like 15 + years ago in here we were kind of laughing because we played the the healthy, rookie Derrick Rose Bulls and he made us look like traffic cones as he zig zagged through us and past us several times for layups and dunks. They made us look like that several times in the 1st half.. like a deja vue. That's not one of the things that will improve when KM get's back but definitely Jae got left in the dust along with several others. Kuminga was the fastest one I think but I didn't see who they all were.
-Jragon-
Head Coach

Post#37 » by -Jragon- » Thu Mar 7, 2024 5:16 pm

Giannis still looked stiff legged and fell more times than he usually does.. With the loss it feels even more like we wasted a Giannis rest day...
jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,952

Post#38 » by jschligs » Thu Mar 7, 2024 5:18 pm

Milbucks96 wrote:The warriors hitting all their threes is why I can’t really get mad at this loss. The rebounding and paint points sucks and I think it was obvious that we should’ve went small after the first timeout. Hopefully Giannis is on the mend and Khris is back soon. You can tell Giannis had very little lift and trust in his leg.

The Warriors were like 11/14 at one point from deep and not all of them were wide open. That's naturally going to make defenses gamble more which can open up the paint and also lead to offensive rebounds. And let's be real. When Draymond is going 2/4 from deep its going to be hard as hell to win.

This loss really doesn't bother me much. We were bound to have a down shooting night and we went into a loud crowd with a team that had something to prove.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 24,002

Post#39 » by Ron Swanson » Thu Mar 7, 2024 5:22 pm

Kerr only played Looney 6-minutes while Doc trotted out Brook for 28 minutes. "Thoroughly out-schemed" is hyperbole but that definitely shouldn't have happened. We needed more Crowder and Gallo, and this is why Doc being stubborn with rotations is a possible playoff flaw.
Milbucks96
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,520

Post#40 » by Milbucks96 » Thu Mar 7, 2024 5:37 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:Kerr only played Looney 6-minutes while Doc trotted out Brook for 28 minutes. "Thoroughly out-schemed" is hyperbole but that definitely shouldn't have happened. We needed more Crowder and Gallo, and this is why Doc being stubborn with rotations is a possible playoff flaw.

Doc is better than Griff and is probably enough for us to win it all but he’s a very flawed coach (find one who isn’t) and not going to save us with on the fly thinking and creative game plans. After that first timeout we should’ve brought one of the guards off the bench and took Brook out.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks