ImageImage

PG Lakers: ****

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

TroyD92
RealGM
And1: 10,843

Re: PG Lakers: **** 

Post#101 » by TroyD92 » Sat Mar 9, 2024 7:56 am

JayMKE wrote:Dame just aint that guy, its pretty obvious the trade was a big mistake unless Dame gets inexplicably hot in the postseason. Pull the plug before the league realizes he’s washed, he’s still a decent scorer right now hopefully that will be enough before we’re stuck with a $50m a season albatross. Cant win with loser no defense guys, doesn’t work.

Steph? Lmao
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.

Fotis St wrote:Wherever you are David, I love you man.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,281

Post#102 » by humanrefutation » Sat Mar 9, 2024 8:14 am

I'm not sure what the point of having Beverley is if you're not going to put him on DLo for that last possession. He sucked for most of the game, but he's still our best POA defender not named Giannis.
Soca
Veteran
And1: 843

Post#103 » by Soca » Sat Mar 9, 2024 8:21 am

BUCKnation wrote:D Lo scored 22 of their 27 pts in the 4th

Just brutal.
mediocrityrules
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,037

Post#104 » by mediocrityrules » Sat Mar 9, 2024 8:23 am

I mean, our D is still better than under Griffin, but the last couple of games have been just awful. Our defense has started to revert to early season. Haven't had Pat and Bobby say a word on the court the last couple of games as well. They can't just be front runners, those two have to lift the team energy from any position.
Circling calendars since 2021
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,890

Post#105 » by blazza18 » Sat Mar 9, 2024 8:25 am

Tired of Dame not playing well enough and the discourse after every time it happens. Unfortunately happening more often than we’d like.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 15,304

Post#106 » by RiotPunch » Sat Mar 9, 2024 10:56 am

rilamann wrote:
RiotPunch wrote:I'm **** fuming. How can we be so collectively (Please Use More Appropriate Word)?

Now do you see why I was still holding off on the Dame apology the other day.

:lol:

Dame has to look like the guy we actually traded for, for more than just 2 weeks over a period of 5 months for me to give any sort of apology.

It was more than just Dame. He had a lot of great moments. Him trying to draw an unlikely charge was a critical error on his part, though. There was plenty of dumb to go around. Doc going with the clear out for Dame with no action whatsoever to end it chief among the dumb decisions. I believe in him as a closer, but maybe involve your best player in the action. That is setting Dame up to fail.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
RiotPunch
RealGM

Post#107 » by RiotPunch » Sat Mar 9, 2024 11:05 am

fan230 wrote:This season: Jrue 48% fg, 44% 3 pts
Dame 42% and 35%

Of course Jrue is a far far superior defender than Dame.

Maybe we made a mistake with this trade.

Jrue's percentages are on far fewer attempts and in a much simpler role. We would be better defensively if we still had him, but he couldn't cut it as a 2a or 2b in the Playoffs, which we need to get through before we can really judge Dame. Admittedly, it has been lackluster to this point.
#FreeChuckDiesel
RiotPunch
RealGM

Post#108 » by RiotPunch » Sat Mar 9, 2024 11:11 am

humanrefutation wrote:I'm not sure what the point of having Beverley is if you're not going to put him on DLo for that last possession. He sucked for most of the game, but he's still our best POA defender not named Giannis.

Yeah, DLo only having to navigate through Beas and Dame was not ideal. I thought our Beas being the "tough assignment" perimeter defender would die with Grief being fired. Doc, while improving the overall defense, has still been kind of a dolt.
#FreeChuckDiesel
CharityStripe34
General Manager
And1: 5,742

Post#109 » by CharityStripe34 » Sat Mar 9, 2024 11:19 am

Glad I didn't stay awake for the second half. Inexplicable that they couldn't string together a series of stops against the LAKERS when it mattered. And I watched extended highlights of the fourth quarter, Gianni was masterful on the short roll finding open guys or scoring. I get that the whole FT% game in a tight game and all, but I honestly trust him when it's a high-stakes situation and I'm surprised Doc didn't design something for him to touch the ball late. Dame has been struggling to turn the corner on many of his drives this season and that's a bit troubling.

Russell having the greatest game of his career surely didn't help, but even when the Bucks tried doubling or trapping they were breaking down on weakside cuts. Just a sloppy defensive performance. I'm hoping it doesn't devolve into a worrying trend in this tough stretch, 'cause it could derail the season somewhat. Especially if the Cavs overtake us.
"Wes, Hill, Ibaka, Allen, Nwora, Brook, Pat, Ingles, Khris are all slow-mo, injury prone ... a sandcastle waiting for playoff wave to get wrecked. A castle with no long-range archers... is destined to fall. That is all I have to say."-- FOTIS
yannisk
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,748

Post#110 » by yannisk » Sat Mar 9, 2024 11:23 am

if Dame continues giving us 25 points on so and so efficiency and gives another 25 points on defense on good efficiency we are not going anywhere. He is never going to be a plus defender, he is paired with Beasley so we cannot hide either of them, in the playoffs they will be both put in pnr situations with slow footed Brook. In order to do well we need the offense to be great, so we need Middleton back and Dame scoring at last year's efficiency
CharityStripe34
General Manager

Post#111 » by CharityStripe34 » Sat Mar 9, 2024 11:37 am

yannisk wrote:if Dame continues giving us 25 points on so and so efficiency and gives another 25 points on defense on good efficiency we are not going anywhere. He is never going to be a plus defender, he is paired with Beasley so we cannot hide either of them, in the playoffs they will be both put in pnr situations with slow footed Brook. In order to do well we need the offense to be great, so we need Middleton back and Dame scoring at last year's efficiency

Have to hope once Middleton is back he rounds into the form he was in back in January. He's not a very good defender anymore but at least he can play smart team-defense. And he helps balance out the rotation so we don't get these "Giannis + bench sieve" lineups that have been porous.
"Wes, Hill, Ibaka, Allen, Nwora, Brook, Pat, Ingles, Khris are all slow-mo, injury prone ... a sandcastle waiting for playoff wave to get wrecked. A castle with no long-range archers... is destined to fall. That is all I have to say."-- FOTIS
PG Graveyard
General Manager
And1: 4,609

Post#112 » by PG Graveyard » Sat Mar 9, 2024 12:42 pm

fan230 wrote:This season: Jrue 48% fg, 44% 3 pts
Dame 42% and 35%

Of course Jrue is a far far superior defender than Dame.

Maybe we made a mistake with this trade.

We definitely did. Dame is the only player I have seen to get less efficient playing with Giannis and he’s a top 5 worst defender in the league. Lakers hunted him all night. Jrue is a better overall basketball player. It stinks that Giannis got suckered into the Dame marketing dept
PG Graveyard
General Manager
And1: 4,609

Post#113 » by PG Graveyard » Sat Mar 9, 2024 1:03 pm

Giannis needs to stop calling Dame the best closer in the game when Giannis is the best closer in the game. He still has the most 4th quarter points in the league..I think.
engelmartin
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,884

Post#114 » by engelmartin » Sat Mar 9, 2024 1:34 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:Well, at least going into the playoffs this year we’ll have no expectations

Lose to the bulls or magic in the first round?
KnicksGod wrote:Middleton probably the most underrated player in NBA History
CharityStripe34
General Manager

Post#115 » by CharityStripe34 » Sat Mar 9, 2024 1:55 pm

I suppose you could say if Russell hits 2-3 less threes and Dame hits 2-3 more they win the game, but that first half defensively was worrisome.

I think had Khris been available they may have closed with Giannis at C and Crowder and Khris at the F spots so they could at least switch and contest.
jimmybones
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,771

Post#116 » by jimmybones » Sat Mar 9, 2024 2:17 pm

AJ Green was so good down the stretch against the Clippers on both ends, I have a great idea, let's not play him at all against the Lakers. Nice
jimmybones
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,771

Post#117 » by jimmybones » Sat Mar 9, 2024 2:20 pm

Surely we have a back to back with the Hornets coming up to "get right".....right?
theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 4,171

Post#118 » by theFireBlanket » Sat Mar 9, 2024 2:25 pm

Dirt of Luck being out last night watching Mary Timony. Didn't have to see this one.
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,643

Post#119 » by Profound23 » Sat Mar 9, 2024 3:30 pm

I'm only disappointed because I hate losing to the Lakers.

Russell was hitting some shots that he never hits. We doubled him and had a hand in his face often, he just kept on hitting. Meanwhile we had stretches where we missed wide open shots.

It comes down to in playoff time if Giannis, Dame, Middleton, Lopez are healthy. If yes then we will win the title. If no, then we will not. I'm really hoping Middleton gets back out there soon.
fansinceforever
Analyst
And1: 1,914

Post#120 » by fansinceforever » Sat Mar 9, 2024 3:31 pm

Even tho DLo was rolling the Lakers pulled his ass out for defensive possessions bc they know what he brings on that end. Nothing.

Why did we not do the same with Dame? Any decently effective off the dribble scorer is going to cook Dame in late game situations.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks