ImageImage

PG Lakers: ****

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 23,175

Re: PG Lakers: **** 

Post#161 » by Baddy Chuck » Sun Mar 10, 2024 11:07 am

RiotPunch wrote:You just cannot roll with Brook closing if there is a guard on the other team white hot.
Conceding midrange floaters is fine until crunch time. Brook just cannot be out there to close games. It is a layup if the guard is feeling it, as DLo most definitely was. We all knew it was coming. Bud was guilty of this as well.

There was actually so much miscommunication/lack of execution on that play it's insane. Like Dame gets eaten alive by a complete nothing screen, Brook shows and then Dame overcommits like crazy outside the three point line. Brook knows he needs to help but there is literally not a soul between his man and the basket so if he gets up it's basically just a dump off for a dunk. Beasley's sitting lost in the lane calling for Giannis to come over and get the roll man but Giannis literally stands there playing grab ass with Dinwiddie the whole time and Malik couldn't look more confused. It was actually such a **** show. Also, actually a really good play from Darvin.

Like if Brook steps up here (or it's Giannis at center, Crowder there, whoever really), this is just 2 points for Rui instead of Russell.

John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,354

Post#162 » by rilamann » Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:56 pm

RiotPunch wrote:
rilamann wrote:
RiotPunch wrote:I'm **** fuming. How can we be so collectively (Please Use More Appropriate Word)?

Now do you see why I was still holding off on the Dame apology the other day.

:lol:

Dame has to look like the guy we actually traded for, for more than just 2 weeks over a period of 5 months for me to give any sort of apology.

It was more than just Dame. He had a lot of great moments. Him trying to draw an unlikely charge was a critical error on his part, though. There was plenty of dumb to go around. Doc going with the clear out for Dame with no action whatsoever to end it chief among the dumb decisions. I believe in him as a closer, but maybe involve your best player in the action. That is setting Dame up to fail.

The thing that annoyed me most about Dame in the Lakers game was that we lost by 1 possession, and Dame wasted a bunch of possessions foolishly and patehticaly baiting for fouls.

And literally standing behind D-Lo when has going up for the game winner was pretty hilarious in a very bad way.

Having watched Dame under a microscope playing for my team over the past 5 months now, I can with 110% confidence that he has to easily be a top 5 most overrated Superstar I have ever seen in my 30+ years of following the NBA.

I always felt Dame was overrated (I've said this before long before he was a Buck), But I never watched a ton of Blazers so I always thought maybe I was wrong. Again, having watched him now up close on my team for almost a full season, my gut feeling that he is overrated was spot on.

He puts up numbers and it looks cool when he hits shots from the logo. But the guy is not a winner by any stretch of the imagination.

I'll give Dame and his marketing team credit though, they do a really good job of selling the public something that he is not.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****
Neuromancer56
Rookie
And1: 1,054

Post#163 » by Neuromancer56 » Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:26 pm

While it is clear that Giannis does not make Dame better, the attention Dame gets clearly makes Giannis better. So there is at least one silver lining to having Dame on the team.
Chad34
RealGM
And1: 5,215

Post#164 » by Chad34 » Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:21 pm

RW23 wrote:
Chad34 wrote:Dame’s ego made that so predictable

Dame should really be more aggressive. We need the superstar we traded for.

Dame's got too big of an ego. He's a hero ball chucker. I can't believe he tried to score on an iso that was drawn up for him.

No we all knew the play was going to be drawn up for dame, but why? Giannis is a better option there, but he wasn’t even going to be a possibility, because dame’s ego says it’s dame time. Pretty sure giannis has the best 4th scoring in the league

Return to Milwaukee Bucks