ImageImage

PG Clippers: Dame Savings Time

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 3,004

Re: PG Clippers: Dame Savings Time 

Post#101 » by BUCKnation » Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:37 pm

Dame has quietly put together a nice stretch of games in the last 4. I know it's only 4 games, but the man couldn't barely string together 2 nice games in a row for a majority of the year.

Also, w/r to D Lo. I won't excuse the defense on the floaters, but 3's were so flukey. I watched most of the game last night where he went 2/5 on generally better looks than most of the ones Friday night.
-Jragon-
Head Coach
And1: 1,669

Post#102 » by -Jragon- » Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:39 pm

Amare rarely touched anyone... Malone, from my memory, set a few hard picks early to put some fear in the minds and then it was all footwork and timing after that..
-Jragon-
Head Coach

Post#103 » by -Jragon- » Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:44 pm

Try this, next time you watch any pick and roll action, don't watch the torsos.. just watch the feet.. it should look like dancing and poetry.. not sumo wrestling
-Jragon-
Head Coach

Post#104 » by -Jragon- » Mon Mar 11, 2024 8:02 pm

-Jragon-
Head Coach

Post#105 » by -Jragon- » Mon Mar 11, 2024 8:03 pm

that Channing Frye one is the one I want Khris to do
-Jragon-
Head Coach

Post#106 » by -Jragon- » Mon Mar 11, 2024 8:12 pm

Khris can do that Grant Hill Play too .. or Brook
RW23
Junior
And1: 211

Post#107 » by RW23 » Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:29 pm

RiotPunch wrote:
RW23 wrote:
RiotPunch wrote:He's still rarely setting *good* screens, but his commitment to it is going up. There was at least one screen where he planted, stayed set and Dame buried it. Giannis needs to see results like that to accept absorbing the contact. He is a physical player, obviously, but he likes to shy away from contact when he does not have the ball. Doc needs him to cut out this slip nonsense, although you can mix that in, and get him to plant and get set consistently. This offense will be unstoppable with Giannis setting strong screens.

Yeah, his screens still suck. Compare that to the PGs of both LA team having a ton of daylight after their centers set them screens, and it's hard to watch sometimes.

Tbh I feel like his body type doesn't lend itself well to really solid screens, so I'm not sure exactly how good it could actually get

Much like him not liking to play the 5, he does not want to absorb the contact that comes with setting strong screens. He can certainly do it if he committed to it. I think/hope he will crank up the physicality in the playoffs-- he was setting good screens for Khris during the title run.

It’s hard to even really blame him. He already takes a beating every night. Thought I guess you could make the argument that beating would be less if half of his touches were off rolls vs iso’s.
GoldenAntlers
General Manager
And1: 4,520

Post#108 » by GoldenAntlers » Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:38 pm

RW23 wrote:
RiotPunch wrote:
RW23 wrote:
Yeah, his screens still suck. Compare that to the PGs of both LA team having a ton of daylight after their centers set them screens, and it's hard to watch sometimes.

Tbh I feel like his body type doesn't lend itself well to really solid screens, so I'm not sure exactly how good it could actually get

Much like him not liking to play the 5, he does not want to absorb the contact that comes with setting strong screens. He can certainly do it if he committed to it. I think/hope he will crank up the physicality in the playoffs-- he was setting good screens for Khris during the title run.

It’s hard to even really blame him. He already takes a beating every night. Thought I guess you could make the argument that beating would be less if half of his touches were off rolls vs iso’s.
An excellent point.
Preservation leads to destruction.
When we avoid that which we fear,
the inevitable gains momentum.
"Silence is a source of great strength." - Lao Tzu
mediocrityrules
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,037

Post#109 » by mediocrityrules » Tue Mar 12, 2024 4:57 am

MiltownMadness wrote:
GoldenAntlers wrote:
MiltownMadness wrote:Nothing will come of it, that was a really weird thing to extract from that video tbh
Nah, it definitely stood out.

0 memes created tho :P

I'm still expecting RiotPunch to create a pic of Giannis bending over, and a picture of PatBev's face where his a-hole should be.
Circling calendars since 2021

Return to Milwaukee Bucks