Sixth Man
And1: 908

Re: PG Clippers: Dame Savings Time 

Post#61 » by pifhluk23 » Mon Mar 11, 2024 12:50 pm

Profound23 wrote:
Dick Tate wrote:I hope you enjoyed your PT, PJ. :P

Wish we had him over Jae.

Pat Bev and PJ would have our defense and rebounding so much better than it is

LOL. PJ hadn't scored a bucket since November and then clanked some 4th quarter shots. He is going to be a huge liability on offense in the playoffs, really glad we have Jae and not him... 3/9 fg and 1/6 3pt and that was a "good" game for him.
-Jragon-
Head Coach
And1: 1,669

Post#62 » by -Jragon- » Mon Mar 11, 2024 1:02 pm

Sigra wrote:I didnt watch this game. But if its true that Giannis finally learned how to make screens then I dont know how anybody who watched this game can talk about anything else. Its game changer.

Your going to be a happy boy! Can you watch it somehow or at least watch the YouTube highlights.
stillgotgame
Analyst
And1: 1,974

Post#63 » by stillgotgame » Mon Mar 11, 2024 1:08 pm

Great thread title :rock:
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,751

Post#64 » by chonestown » Mon Mar 11, 2024 1:09 pm

a whole is better than the sun of all parts
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”
-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

"Poor as a mouse every morning/Rich as a cat every night."
-DCB
-Jragon-
Head Coach

Post#65 » by -Jragon- » Mon Mar 11, 2024 1:13 pm

RiotPunch wrote:
Sigra wrote:I didnt watch this game. But if its true that Giannis finally learned how to make screens then I dont know how anybody who watched this game can talk about anything else. Its game changer.

He's still rarely setting *good* screens, but his commitment to it is going up. There was at least one screen where he planted, stayed set and Dame buried it. Giannis needs to see results like that to accept absorbing the contact. He is a physical player, obviously, but he likes to shy away from contact when he does not have the ball. Doc needs him to cut out this slip nonsense, although you can mix that in, and get him to plant and get set consistently. This offense will be unstoppable with Giannis setting strong screens.

Watch it again if you can; you missed a lot. 90% of those were not slip screens. A slip screen is when the screener leaves before the handler gets to the action trying to catch the D off guard (there were some, mostly late 3rd quarter and likely as a purposeful reaction to something the D tried). Early in the game there were screens with no contact because the ball handler made the move before GA got in position to try to catch the D off guard -- that's not a slip screen. GA was being patient, getting in position and using good footwork to release for the 1st time that I've ever seen. Once guards ate his chest and arms a couple times, the guards started going all the way over the top to avoid it and Dame was open for whatever he wanted because he still got 3's off and made them -- those aren't slip screens because GA didn't release until the guard passed him and that's good patience and their defender lost ground by choosing to go way over GA. This IS a game changer. It's not perfect yet but a huge improvement and I wouldn't be surprised if Bev helped him because he used the same release path that I saw Bev use recently on some really good screens. GA probably weighs double Bev so if he learns that same technique then it's going to be a nightmare for teams. Sigra, yes you may celebrate.
CharityStripe34
General Manager
And1: 5,742

Post#66 » by CharityStripe34 » Mon Mar 11, 2024 1:40 pm

Hoops 101 says you always release and roll facing the ball-handler to give him an easy outlet. I've noticed that subtle change Giannis is making. Huge development for their chemistry.
"Wes, Hill, Ibaka, Allen, Nwora, Brook, Pat, Ingles, Khris are all slow-mo, injury prone ... a sandcastle waiting for playoff wave to get wrecked. A castle with no long-range archers... is destined to fall. That is all I have to say."-- FOTIS
-Jragon-
Head Coach

Post#67 » by -Jragon- » Mon Mar 11, 2024 2:07 pm

CharityStripe34 wrote:Hoops 101 says you always release and roll facing the ball-handler to give him an easy outlet. I've noticed that subtle change Giannis is making. Huge development for their chemistry.

100!

Ok, next skill.... pump fake if you get a jumpy defender and get him up in the air.. then rip through or go straight up as he's landing. He'll draw tons of fouls like that. Beas has the skill... go ask him for this one. :D
MiltownMadness
Starter
And1: 993

Post#68 » by MiltownMadness » Mon Mar 11, 2024 2:13 pm

mediocrityrules wrote:So PatBev is Giannis' a-hole now? There's a really weird meme to come out of that I'm sure.

Nothing will come of it, that was a really weird thing to extract from that video tbh :lol:
chonestown
General Manager

Post#69 » by chonestown » Mon Mar 11, 2024 2:15 pm

tydett wrote:times where i think its not damn time but then yannis and damn team up and make some stuff happen that make me say "its damn time" feel free to use

tydett wrote:feel free to use

nbd
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”

-DCB
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,913

Post#70 » by emunney » Mon Mar 11, 2024 2:22 pm

Anyway good to get this dub against Rick Ross and friends
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,653

Post#71 » by JayMKE » Mon Mar 11, 2024 2:34 pm

One of the better Dame games of the season probably, efficient & clutch.
FREE GIANNIS
chonestown
General Manager

Post#72 » by chonestown » Mon Mar 11, 2024 2:39 pm

emunney wrote:Anyway good to get this dub against Rick Ross and friends

Sometimes he fill it up from the wings, sometimes he fill up on the wings

-DCB
CharityStripe34
General Manager
And1: 5,742

Post#73 » by CharityStripe34 » Mon Mar 11, 2024 2:39 pm

-Jragon- wrote:
CharityStripe34 wrote:Hoops 101 says you always release and roll facing the ball-handler to give him an easy outlet. I've noticed that subtle change Giannis is making. Huge development for their chemistry.

100!

Ok, next skill.... pump fake if you get a jumpy defender and get him up in the air.. then rip through or go straight up as he's landing. He'll draw tons of fouls like that. Beas has the skill... go ask him for this one. :D

Agreed. His drives and jumps are so aggressive, a simple pump fake will send defenders flying.
"Wes, Hill, Ibaka, Allen, Nwora, Brook, Pat, Ingles, Khris are all slow-mo, injury prone ... a sandcastle waiting for playoff wave to get wrecked. A castle with no long-range archers... is destined to fall. That is all I have to say."-- FOTIS
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,281

Post#74 » by jakecronus8 » Mon Mar 11, 2024 2:44 pm

Glad they won. Really shouldn't have been that difficult.
Do it for Chuck
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,292

Post#75 » by paulpressey25 » Mon Mar 11, 2024 3:16 pm

jakecronus8 wrote:Glad they won. Really shouldn't have been that difficult.

This was a quality win, even with those two guys out. On the West Coast road, afternoon game, top tier club. Well done.

More concerned about the Laker game, where they couldn't figure out how to stop DLo from getting all those shots off. The defense looked like it did under Griffin.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,643

Post#76 » by Profound23 » Mon Mar 11, 2024 3:43 pm

pifhluk23 wrote:
Profound23 wrote:
Dick Tate wrote:I hope you enjoyed your PT, PJ. :P

Wish we had him over Jae.

Pat Bev and PJ would have our defense and rebounding so much better than it is

LOL. PJ hadn't scored a bucket since November and then clanked some 4th quarter shots. He is going to be a huge liability on offense in the playoffs, really glad we have Jae and not him... 3/9 fg and 1/6 3pt and that was a "good" game for him.

I don't care about him scoring buckets, this team needs defense, rebounding, and hustle. I am not saying I want him at his current price. Just saying if there was a way to team him up with Pat Bev it would have been great. I saw him snatch rebounds being the only guy in the group of Giannis, Brook, and Portis on consecutive possessions.

Lopez
Giannis
PJ
Dame
Pat Bev

in certain situations work because you have three players who can score and make up for the lack of offense from Bev/PJ.
Siefer
RealGM
And1: 6,092

Post#77 » by Siefer » Mon Mar 11, 2024 3:51 pm

Midds coming back is a big deal for a bunch of reasons, but just being able to functionally play small is pretty high on my list. Dame, Midds, and Giannis are the foundation of a fantastic small-ball lineup, and you can shade the wings towards offense, or defense depending on the situation.

Right now when other teams go small and fast, we're trying to survive it with Brook or Bobby, and it's not great. Our last 4 games have featured long stretches where the other team is trying to punish the the frontcourt guy opposite Giannis. In theory we've got something like Dame, Beas, PatC, Crowder, Giannis, but that lineup can be prone to feeling like a 2 on 5 on either end.
-Jragon-
Head Coach

Post#78 » by -Jragon- » Mon Mar 11, 2024 4:26 pm

Siefer wrote:Midds coming back is a big deal for a bunch of reasons, but just being able to functionally play small is pretty high on my list. Dame, Midds, and Giannis are the foundation of a fantastic small-ball lineup, and you can shade the wings towards offense, or defense depending on the situation.

Right now when other teams go small and fast, we're trying to survive it with Brook or Bobby, and it's not great. Our last 4 games have featured long stretches where the other team is trying to punish the the frontcourt guy opposite Giannis. In theory we've got something like Dame, Beas, PatC, Crowder, Giannis, but that lineup can be prone to feeling like a 2 on 5 on either end.

Question for Midds guys... how do YOU want to use him when he comes back? My opinion is:
** I'm open to playing through him intermittently to take pressure off of the HOFS if he agrees to catch in the high post and not dribble up when Dame is in or in the 4th quarter.
**I'd like to feature him when Dame or Giannis are out as a scorer to take that burden off Portis some. When Dame is out he can dribble the ball up unless teams are trapping then get Bev in to get it to KM
**I'd like to see KM be the screen and pop guy instead of Brook and find something else for Brook to do.. either corner or dunker spot. So KM.. ask Bev to teach you to set a screen, turn the right way and release and that's like 3 or 4 wide open 3's for you per game
**I'd like to MIdds to take 80% of the 3s that Brook takes and 50% of the 3s anyone else not named Dame or Beas takes off of skip passes by Dame and GA. From the other thread you know I'd like to see Midds focus on 3s in practice and come down the stretch of the season shooting 8 - 12 threes per game.. when he's hot and closeouts come fast, pump fake, step in and take your mid-range without anyone in your face. This will keep defenders honest from cheating to double our 2 HOFers and when they do we need guys to make them pay with a quick release and stone cold nuts... I think KM can be that dude if he focuses on that portion of his talent

Interested in your feedback... again, I don't think I know more than Doc.. however Doc decides to use him I will trust that and hope it works until I see that it isn't
MiltownMadness
Starter
And1: 993

Post#79 » by MiltownMadness » Mon Mar 11, 2024 4:38 pm

You just let Mids be Mids, probably the smartest player on the team. Give him the ball and good things happen, run him with bench units and watch the bench get significantly better. Profit. Pick his spots with the main unit and continue to find Giannis. Using Khris as a screener is dumb, he is excellent as the ballhandler and don't really see a benefit in making him the screen setter, has Khris ever even set a screen? Lol. Just having the option of Khris as a ballhandler is deadly in this offense in any situation.

Khris is the best midrange shooter in the world, why do you want to significantly change how he plays like 12 seasons into his career? Seriously don't overthink it and let the good offensive player be a good offensive player
tydett
General Manager
And1: 6,940

Post#80 » by tydett » Mon Mar 11, 2024 4:47 pm

chonestown wrote:
tydett wrote:times where i think its not damn time but then yannis and damn team up and make some stuff happen that make me say "its damn time" feel free to use

tydett wrote:feel free to use

nbd

tried to find the Steve Brule gif of the guy at the library saying "thank you master" but gif makers are apparently uncultured swine.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks