ImageImage

PG Kings: Loss

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

fan230
Analyst
And1: 1,317

Re: PG Kings: Loss 

Post#21 » by fan230 » Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:29 am

Our fundamental problem in defense is that both our guards cannot defend. Almost every thing in defense follows from that.

On offense Giannis is amazing game after game. But this is team game. Sometimes Beas gets hot or Dame gets hot and we win; when both play terribly like today, we lose badly. Jae has become useless on offense and is just ok or less on defense.

The reality is after Bud (a coach) and Jrue (a player) left, have become much worse overall. Griff was awful. Doc is better but probably not as good as Bud. Dame overall is playing worse than Jrue. Jrue was consistently nice on offense while Dame constantly has peaks and collapses from one game to anoon offense. On defense, Jrue was brilliant and Dame is bad. If we look at this combination of abilities, the current situation is to be expected.
FrieAaron
General Manager
And1: 5,209

Post#22 » by FrieAaron » Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:34 am

I didn't enjoy that.
fan230
Analyst
And1: 1,317

Post#23 » by fan230 » Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:36 am

Also the tv commentator recently said that no player has been as badly affected by the rule change than Dame. The “rule” has resulted in much less defensive fouls being called when a player “ looks for foul calls like Harden also did. Dame has his succeses mainly when his 3 s fall; else he usually has a bad day. It is clearly obvious.
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 15,304

Post#24 » by RiotPunch » Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:42 am

Dame not getting the calls he used to get, paired with him struggling to create separation is becoming worrisome. I detest notions of him not caring, that is untrue. I still hang onto hope that Khris can come back and be the 'ship Khris, because that would alleviate so much pressure. Kings were throwing the kitchen sink at Dame and Giannis tonight. Dame didn't have a clean look until the second half.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
vegaspacker
Analyst
And1: 964

Post#25 » by vegaspacker » Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:03 am

That first quarter highlight feed showed me a bunch about how Dame is gelling. Most plays, he wasn't given the ball after the Kings scored.
I needs shades for this future thing we owning..... 8-) 8-) 8-)
TroyD92
RealGM
And1: 10,841

Post#26 » by TroyD92 » Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:41 am

I don't feel for Giannis at all. He made this bed.
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.

Fotis St wrote:Wherever you are David, I love you man.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,290

Post#27 » by paulpressey25 » Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:29 am

TroyD92 wrote:I don't feel for Giannis at all. He made this bed.

Horst made that bed as well. The lack of a couple good young rotation players is taking its toll.

As the years go by, in retrospect we’re starting to resemble some amalgamation of the Mach I and Mach II LeBron Cavs.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 4,171

Post#28 » by theFireBlanket » Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:12 am

Play the Celtics in a week at TD. Two home games before that. 76ers (trap) & surging Suns.

The Suns game will tell a loy. Ideally Khris gets back by then. They needed him already on this losing trip.
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,510

Post#29 » by HKPackFan » Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:39 am

Matches Malone wrote:Too bad Doc doesn't get creative when our legs are dead and the vets could use a rest. Ajax and AJ would probably give us more than Crowder has been lately.

Read on Twitter

Head touched rim?? :o

Or nose touched rim??
#FreeChuckDiesel
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 23,175

Post#30 » by Baddy Chuck » Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:22 am

First game this season that I've turned off. Before leaving for the road trip had some hope built up but they tore it down pretty fast. Wasn't that enthralled with the Clippers game either despite the outcome. Rough stretch.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 3,004

Post#31 » by BUCKnation » Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:49 am

Obv could have lost the Clips game but that road trip couldn’t have gone much worse. Completely killed all the progress made during the 6 game win streak and looked like a prime Grief squad without the offense
Jez2983
RealGM
And1: 7,959

Post#32 » by Jez2983 » Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:51 am

I doubt the Kings have made that many threes all season. Maybe the scoreline wasn't this bad but we definitely had games like this last season where we just got smacked from deep. I think this will always be a possibility with Brook anchored to the key, but that's the best way to use him, and he's generally very good there.
trwi7 wrote:Will be practicing my best Australian accent for tomorrow.

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,649

Post#33 » by JayMKE » Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:56 am

fan230 wrote:Our fundamental problem in defense is that both our guards cannot defend. Almost every thing in defense follows from that.

On offense Giannis is amazing game after game. But this is team game. Sometimes Beas gets hot or Dame gets hot and we win; when both play terribly like today, we lose badly. Jae has become useless on offense and is just ok or less on defense.

The reality is after Bud (a coach) and Jrue (a player) left, have become much worse overall. Griff was awful. Doc is better but probably not as good as Bud. Dame overall is playing worse than Jrue. Jrue was consistently nice on offense while Dame constantly has peaks and collapses from one game to anoon offense. On defense, Jrue was brilliant and Dame is bad. If we look at this combination of abilities, the current situation is to be expected.

Pretty much, other than getting Giannis to extend this offseason was a total disaster. Dame is unhappy, Dame has regressed, Dame was always overrated to begin with. Unless he’s scoring 30+ off good efficiency then Dame doesn’t break even, he can’t grift for FTs in Milwaukee next to Giannis they’re not going to give him those calls. Lillard a lot of times reminds me of a rich man’s Bryn Forbes the way he plays with the Bucks, its always awkward and forced feeling never goes in as much as it should.

Need to rebuild this offseason, pull the plug before Dame albatross cripples us
FREE GIANNIS
GoldenAntlers
General Manager
And1: 4,519

Post#34 » by GoldenAntlers » Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:57 am

Went to bed early in the 2nd quarter, down something like 13 after Monk and Fox were getting everything they wanted. Looks like I didn't miss anything. Yikes.
"Silence is a source of great strength." - Lao Tzu
TroyD92
RealGM
And1: 10,841

Post#35 » by TroyD92 » Wed Mar 13, 2024 12:08 pm

JayMKE wrote:
fan230 wrote:Our fundamental problem in defense is that both our guards cannot defend. Almost every thing in defense follows from that.

Pretty much, other than getting Giannis to extend this offseason was a total disaster. Dame is unhappy, Dame has regressed, Dame was always overrated to begin with. Unless he’s scoring 30+ off good efficiency then Dame doesn’t break even, he can’t grift for FTs in Milwaukee next to Giannis they’re not going to give him those calls. Lillard a lot of times reminds me of a rich man’s Bryn Forbes the way he plays with the Bucks, its always awkward and forced feeling never goes in as much as it should.

Need to rebuild this offseason, pull the plug before Dame albatross cripples us

If he's as bad as you say he is. It's over. This team is about as crippled as it gets. Not sure where you think there's an opportunity for a reset unless Giannis has some kind of Lebron iron man career in him.
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.

Fotis St wrote:Wherever you are David, I love you man.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,427

Post#36 » by trwi7 » Wed Mar 13, 2024 12:13 pm

OT: Pants was deleted so we could have threads talking about a 35 point loss that ended at almost midnight. And yet you all still revere Mickey.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
RW23
Junior
And1: 211

Post#37 » by RW23 » Wed Mar 13, 2024 12:14 pm

I actually thought they looked ok all things considered

Kings came out with crazy energy, and they were put in a hole early with some pretty high 3pt% variance.
RW23
Junior
And1: 211

Post#38 » by RW23 » Wed Mar 13, 2024 12:19 pm

Blindly correcting for 3pt% variance, this game is a 32-pt swing in the other direction.

I hate when people imply you just get this full correction for free, but I feel like in every game, 50-75% of that variance is actually from luck (and the rest from offense vs defense shot generation).

So yeah, 30 point loss and all, but not really
FlagsFlyForever
General Manager
And1: 5,267

Post#39 » by FlagsFlyForever » Wed Mar 13, 2024 12:31 pm

Plossum wrote:I think the coaching changes in the past year have shown that the issue is more roster based than coaching based.

Grief wasn’t very good but Doc and Bud are def above average NBA coaches and they’re struggling to get any sort of consistency from this group.

Bud's Bucks were a perennial championship favorite who had some unfortunate injuries to star players in the playoffs.
Read on Twitter
pifhluk23
Sixth Man
And1: 908

Post#40 » by pifhluk23 » Wed Mar 13, 2024 12:33 pm

Kings 53.3 fg% 45 3p%
Bucks 36.6% & 17.9%

No need for hot takes people...

Return to Milwaukee Bucks