ImageImage

PG Kings: Loss

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

fansinceforever
Analyst
And1: 1,914

Re: PG Kings: Loss 

Post#61 » by fansinceforever » Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:42 pm

Yeah but we're shooting a lot more contested jumpers than the other team. We've seen the Bucks play with that level intensity guarding the perimeter and on close outs maybe a handful of times this season. Maybe.

The Bucks just don't have the athletes or even active bodies on the roster to make up for their lapses on offense. We're too susceptible to runs from teams that play a cleaner, more consistent brand of basketball AND probably have a higher distribution of talent across their rotation.
ReddoverKobe
Head Coach
And1: 6,932

Post#62 » by ReddoverKobe » Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:02 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:Knew this one was gonna get out of hand when Sacto came out with Game-7-of-the-NBA-Finals type energy and hit, what, 8 of their first 10 threes? It's not just a Bucks problem. These "death by 3PT avalanche" games that are over by halftime are a league wide epidemic. I personally think it's awful basketball but I also can't take much of anything from the outcome of these. Just get to the playoffs already.

They really do need to change the 3 point line somehow. Get rid of corner threes? Move the line back?
msiris
RealGM
And1: 1,745

Post#63 » by msiris » Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:06 pm

Lots of heads buried in the sand. Playoffs can't come fast enough. Not expecting much come playoff time.
Ride the tank
smauss
Lead Assistant
And1: 422

Post#64 » by smauss » Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:14 pm

Doc needs to get "the kids" some time. We are going to need them based on our age. They need the time, and our decrepit starters need them. It just makes no sense to me to loose by a ton, and still add wear on our starters, when the kids could play and loose while we rest our starters. But that's just me........
"Too many people ask for help, and sometimes you have to help yourself." - Jerry Sloan (CBQ is missed)

simul justus et peccator
MissKhriddleton
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,189

Post#65 » by MissKhriddleton » Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:15 pm

engelmartin wrote:The guys just treated this west coast trip as a little California vacation, it’s all good. We somehow beat the clippers anyway, but you can kind of tell they’re one of those vet teams that is just done with the regular season.

Yeah I don’t think this trip means anything. This team is old and has a tendency to try and coast to victories and when it’s apparent the other team is exerting max effort then they pack it in. Not inspiring, doesn’t make for a great product but whatever.

Just have to win at a 57% clip in April/May/June and we’re good.
tydett
General Manager
And1: 6,940

Post#66 » by tydett » Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:22 pm

jschligs wrote:It's also funny to see the Dame slander after he just had a stretch of looking like his former self. We just need to wait for playoffs.

As with everything, we got a few agenda posters who have been sharpening their knives for a few weeks and couldn't wait to bust them out, even on a game where Dame saw no daylight because nobody else could do anything.
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 21,045

Post#67 » by Matches Malone » Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:23 pm

Brooks recent decline kind of started when he came back from the birth of his child. Maybe he's just tired adjusting to dad life and/or being away from the baby and mother? Just trying to make sense of his current play because he's looked unplayable for some long stretches.
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
RW23
Junior
And1: 211

Post#68 » by RW23 » Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:25 pm

engelmartin wrote:The guys just treated this west coast trip as a little California vacation, it’s all good. We somehow beat the clippers anyway, but you can kind of tell they’re one of those vet teams that is just done with the regular season.

I don't think this is true.

And if it is, they've already failed. This team has been behind the curve since Griff was coaching. There's a lot of habits to build and chemistry to develop in this last month, so they really don't have much capacity to play with their food.
TroyD92
RealGM
And1: 10,843

Post#69 » by TroyD92 » Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:28 pm

sidney lanier wrote:Thoughts from the loyal fan base about the #2 seed in the East.

Chad34 wrote:this season is realistically over.

JayMKE wrote:This is never going to be a championship team

yannisk wrote:now the defense is very bad and the offense is bad too

TroyD92 wrote:This team is about as crippled as it gets.

It's funny to hear all this squealing
It's not that it's that unappealing
But was it that long ago
That us fans were aglow
As we basked in our fine eight-seed ceiling?

This is totally out of context. I’m just saying the future is not bright. The hope is that Dame and Giannis are enough to bring us another championship or two. You’re delusional if you think selling the future multiple times over is going to lead to a positive ending. Giannis can elevate play for a long time, but when he isn’t happy anymore or physically can’t do it anymore then it’s going to be some dark winters here.
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.

Fotis St wrote:Wherever you are David, I love you man.
Dick Tate
Veteran
And1: 1,917

Post#70 » by Dick Tate » Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:32 pm

msiris wrote:Lots of heads buried in the sand.

Top notch dialogue.
buckboy
RealGM
And1: 7,926

Post#71 » by buckboy » Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:33 pm

I felt really good about this team 10 days ago.

Not so much anymore. Hopefully turn it back around here.

Optimists lose.
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,913

Post#72 » by emunney » Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:47 pm

I know it's anathema to the discourse, but I truly don't think regular season ups and downs are worth monitoring. We know the capabilities of this team and that its best will be required for a deep playoff run. The only question is whether they will/can bring it consistently when it matters.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,751

Post#73 » by chonestown » Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:59 pm

emunney wrote:I know it's anathema to the discourse, but I truly don't think regular season ups and downs are worth monitoring. We know the capabilities of this team and that its best will be required for a deep playoff run. The only question is whether they will/can bring it consistently when it matters.

In the business (posting), we (me) call it flipping the switch.
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”
-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

"Poor as a mouse every morning/Rich as a cat every night."
-DCB
BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 3,004

Post#74 » by BUCKnation » Wed Mar 13, 2024 5:04 pm

Matches Malone wrote:Brooks recent decline kind of started when he came back from the birth of his child. Maybe he's just tired adjusting to dad life and/or being away from the baby and mother? Just trying to make sense of his current play because he's looked unplayable for some long stretches.

Hmm good shout. His feb/mar splits are much worse than the rest of the year. December wasn't great but that was hindered by 3 bad games in blowout wins.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,272

Post#75 » by LUKE23 » Wed Mar 13, 2024 5:24 pm

Before yesterday Bucks were +8.0 net rating since the ASB, without Middleton. This trip was rough, but still 7-3 since the break. Home cooking will hopefully get them back on track.

Team foot speed is definitely an issue. This issue would not be resolved if we reversed the Dame trade. Horst has really sucked maximizing the draft capital we did have at our disposal and Doc is completely hell bent on not getting the young guys PT. Blame management and coaching for that issue.
CharityStripe34
General Manager
And1: 5,742

Post#76 » by CharityStripe34 » Wed Mar 13, 2024 5:28 pm

Matches Malone wrote:Brooks recent decline kind of started when he came back from the birth of his child. Maybe he's just tired adjusting to dad life and/or being away from the baby and mother? Just trying to make sense of his current play because he's looked unplayable for some long stretches.

It was unrealistic to expect Brook to remain being awesome forever. Especially since the better teams that can go small will attack the drop (and him) to get him off the floor. I'm of the opinion that while the Bucks have a high ceiling, they'll only get to the promised land if they can unlock the Giannis-at-C lineup that will be net positives on both ends and have some consistent shooting. We saw in 2022 the Celtics absolutely killed us when Brook (and Grayson) was on the court. May be controversial, but he should've been traded that summer when his value was high. I only feel that way not because I think he's a bad player, but he's matchup specific.

Point being that to maximize Brook, he has to be featured on offense more if he's being guarded by a wing. Boston and Miami will go after him on the other end. Question for the coaches is do you take shots away from Giannis, Dame and Khris in a playoff series to do that?

In fairness to Brook, the starting lineup both with and without Khris have been second best in the NBA to Denver's. So, no, he's not a scrub or anything but he'll struggle against the quicker teams that can score from three levels.
"Wes, Hill, Ibaka, Allen, Nwora, Brook, Pat, Ingles, Khris are all slow-mo, injury prone ... a sandcastle waiting for playoff wave to get wrecked. A castle with no long-range archers... is destined to fall. That is all I have to say."-- FOTIS
Ryan5UW
General Manager
And1: 1,033

Post#77 » by Ryan5UW » Wed Mar 13, 2024 5:50 pm

This season is becoming confirmation that the Packers approach of getting rid of someone a year too early instead of a year too late is the way to go.
"It's an illusion, Michael. A trick is something a whore does for money."
nagawicka
Pro Prospect
And1: 235

Post#78 » by nagawicka » Wed Mar 13, 2024 5:52 pm

sidney lanier wrote:Thoughts from the loyal fan base about the #2 seed in the East.

Chad34 wrote:this season is realistically over.

JayMKE wrote:This is never going to be a championship team

yannisk wrote:now the defense is very bad and the offense is bad too

TroyD92 wrote:This team is about as crippled as it gets.

It's funny to hear all this squealing
It's not that it's that unappealing
But was it that long ago
That us fans were aglow
As we basked in our fine eight-seed ceiling?

Can we make a plaque. I'll file for a permit with the City to erect a monument, thinking obelisk here, to memorialize the all that doomsayin' for the sake of posterity.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 24,006

Post#79 » by Ron Swanson » Wed Mar 13, 2024 5:59 pm

Don't think keeping Brook out there is the problem as much as the overall lack of quality "small ball" options is. It's the one constant criticism that Horst deserves. He just hasn't been able to ever acquire that elusive small-ball 4/5 guy outside of the half season he stumbled into it with the PJ trade.
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,231

Post#80 » by DingleJerry » Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:01 pm

Along with years and years of striking out on draft picks to get some youth/athleticism that is playable. Sure its not easy drafting late and usually with 2nd rounders but its a fail to not to get anyone in like 5 years.
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks