Re: PG Sixers - Bucks Grind out Win 

Post#61 » by MiltownMadness » Fri Mar 15, 2024 6:12 pm

engelmartin wrote:Bring Lillard off the bench

Packbuckman
Sixth Man
And1: 811

Post#62 » by Packbuckman » Fri Mar 15, 2024 6:13 pm

-Jragon- wrote:We should continue playing AJG, Bev probably should start, AJJ should get min 12 min per game. Whose minutes should suffer? Anyone who isn't hustling on D or hitting wide open shots.

I probably do it the opposite have AJG start and have Bev coming off the bench. Was at game last nite with my daughter and she even said who’s the little white dude he’s really good lol
rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,354

Post#63 » by rilamann » Fri Mar 15, 2024 6:15 pm

Rilamann since December of 2022: What does Grayson Allen give you that AJ Green can't.

:D

Although I didn't know Grayson Allen was going to leave the Bucks and shoot almost 50% (47.9%) from 3 on the season this year.

When I originally said it, I meant the Buck's version of Grayson Allen. If we're talking about the Buck's version of Grayson I still stand 100% by what I have been saying about Green for the past 15 months.

I fully expected this development from AJ Green.

Why? Because you could see from day 1 the guy competes at an extremely high level and he has some tools. Guys who compete at an extremely high level and aren't stiffs usually end up being solid NBA rotation players.

Hopefully Doc keeps playing Green and actually starts running plays for him.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****
midranger
RealGM
And1: 10,172

Post#64 » by midranger » Fri Mar 15, 2024 7:42 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:
emunney wrote:Not sure if I've ever been as surprised by a player developing as much as I have been by AJ Green.

Clay Matthews.

https://dailytrojan.com/2011/01/26/matthews%E2%80%99-path-from-walk-on-to-nfl-star/

Is this an implicit accusation the AJ Green is using the best roids available?
Please reconsider your animal consumption.
Shaffty
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,121

Post#65 » by Shaffty » Fri Mar 15, 2024 7:44 pm

going forward every game where Aj Green doesnt log 25 minutes, is a failure. Regardless of outcome
ShootingtheJ
General Manager
And1: 4,777

Post#66 » by ShootingtheJ » Fri Mar 15, 2024 7:49 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:
ShootingtheJ wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:His size and athletic limitations are always gonna hurt him in the playoffs, but you gotta like what you've seen from the dude. Feels like he's graduated from having a Matt Thomas type ceiling, to having a Jodie Meeks type ceiling.

He never had a Matt Thomas ceiling because of his shooting release.

He now has legit stregnth and lateral quickness, and that raises the ceiling for him.

I don't get why you guys keep obsessing over this. Like yeah, it's great, but he's still strictly a catch and shoot guy. 34.6% on pull-ups, 0.94 PPP coming off screens (41st percentile). It doesn't meaningfully impact his offensive upside beyond being a catch and shoot floor-spacer. But yes, it's the defensive improvement that's been a revelation. Garrison Matthews with better defense is a solid rotation player.

It's pretty simple why we point this out. He can get shots others can't, and that will be an asset come playoff time. Put him with the starters and he'll feast.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,913

Post#67 » by emunney » Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:05 pm

Why is it that the league/refs can't figure out that a guy whipping his head back is always a flop, even if there's also a foul? There is no type of body contact that makes your head do that. It's a flop. Call the technical and get it out of the game. It's no **** wonder Kyle Lowry always has back spasms, shaking that bowling ball like a **** maraca.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
FrieAaron
General Manager
And1: 5,209

Post#68 » by FrieAaron » Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:06 pm

emunney wrote:Why is it that the league/refs can't figure out that a guy whipping his head back is always a flop, even if there's also a foul? There is no type of body contact that makes your head do that. It's a flop. Call the technical and get it out of the game.

Somewhat related, I'd much rather the refs lean towards favoring the defender when there's any doubt on jumpshooters vs the other way around. Hate using a replay only to reveal a foul was completely imagined and in fact there was literally zero contact.
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,643

Post#69 » by Profound23 » Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:12 pm

rilamann wrote:Rilamann since December of 2022: What does Grayson Allen give you that AJ Green can't.

:D

Although I didn't know Grayson Allen was going to leave the Bucks and shoot almost 50% (47.9%) from 3 on the season this year.

When I originally said it, I meant the Buck's version of Grayson Allen. If we're talking about the Buck's version of Grayson I still stand 100% by what I have been saying about Green for the past 15 months.

I fully expected this development from AJ Green.

Why? Because you could see from day 1 the guy competes at an extremely high level and he has some tools. Guys who compete at an extremely high level and aren't stiffs usually end up being solid NBA rotation players.

Hopefully Doc keeps playing Green and actually starts running plays for him.

Also, f*** Grayson Allen
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,289

Post#70 » by paulpressey25 » Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:36 pm

midranger wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:
emunney wrote:Not sure if I've ever been as surprised by a player developing as much as I have been by AJ Green.

Clay Matthews.

https://dailytrojan.com/2011/01/26/matthews%E2%80%99-path-from-walk-on-to-nfl-star/

Not at all. Simply noting that AJ Green has made a massive improvement in strength and athleticism this year, and I applaud him for his commitment to his craft.

And frankly, if he improbably makes a leap here, it potentially saves our ass as a team.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
Plossum
General Manager
And1: 4,985

Post#71 » by Plossum » Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:21 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:His size and athletic limitations are always gonna hurt him in the playoffs, but you gotta like what you've seen from the dude. Feels like he's graduated from having a Matt Thomas type ceiling, to having a Jodie Meeks type ceiling.

I’d really like to see us start him in the upcoming game vs the Celts to see how he’d go on guys like Jrue, White and even Jaylen Brown.

It’s a matchup I’m guessing the Celts would hunt but I’m yet to see AJ get bullied on D. It’d be interesting to see what his limitations on D are.
#LockUpChuck
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,885

Post#72 » by blazza18 » Fri Mar 15, 2024 11:21 pm

ShootingtheJ wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:
ShootingtheJ wrote:
He never had a Matt Thomas ceiling because of his shooting release.

He now has legit stregnth and lateral quickness, and that raises the ceiling for him.

I don't get why you guys keep obsessing over this. Like yeah, it's great, but he's still strictly a catch and shoot guy. 34.6% on pull-ups, 0.94 PPP coming off screens (41st percentile). It doesn't meaningfully impact his offensive upside beyond being a catch and shoot floor-spacer. But yes, it's the defensive improvement that's been a revelation. Garrison Matthews with better defense is a solid rotation player.

It's pretty simple why we point this out. He can get shots others can't, and that will be an asset come playoff time. Put him with the starters and he'll feast.

Simply not true. Literally just watched him two games ago get uncomfortable on a closeout in the corner and he flubbed it badly. A few games before that he was pressured and forced to dribble and couldn't get a shot off. Green is doing a lot of nice things but he's still a shoot from wide open while standing still kinda guy.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 8,108

Post#73 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Fri Mar 15, 2024 11:58 pm

i love greens coming along. like others its obvious and encouraging.

but comparatively on both sides of the ball grayson allen was a weapon if were going to talk about grayson allen vs aj green and its not even close

allens 3 pt chucking has dropped each of the last 4 years but using this years per 100 possessions.....if grayson chucked 6.1 more 3s at a .311 pace then he could be that gunner you all want him to be like aj green is right now.

uhhh....no thanks?
or.... if he did so what effing advantage is that?

and thats before we even get to the idea that grayson would have to give up his entire triple threat skillset of being able to also dribble penetrate and pass just to shoots more 3's?

biggest misinformation on this board is the grayson allen narrative as if he was some big problem for us. losing ddv and then allen with no viable replacement is no small part of the reason weve become what we are
jute2003
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,353

Post#74 » by jute2003 » Sat Mar 16, 2024 12:19 am

paulpressey25 wrote:
midranger wrote:

Not at all. Simply noting that AJ Green has made a massive improvement in strength and athleticism this year, and I applaud him for his commitment to his craft.

And frankly, if he improbably makes a leap here, it potentially saves our ass as a team.
Green did get pretty jacked in the offseason.
only a fan, only an opinion
ShootingtheJ
General Manager
And1: 4,777

Post#75 » by ShootingtheJ » Sat Mar 16, 2024 12:37 am

blazza18 wrote:
ShootingtheJ wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:

Simply not true. Literally just watched him two games ago get uncomfortable on a closeout in the corner and he flubbed it badly. A few games before that he was pressured and forced to dribble and couldn't get a shot off. Green is doing a lot of nice things but he's still a shoot from wide open while standing still kinda guy.

He consistently gets shots off DHOs that defenders can't contest because of his shooting motion.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 23,172

Post#76 » by Baddy Chuck » Sat Mar 16, 2024 1:06 am

At the very least I'd like to see Green get more minutes with the starters, especially if Beasley is out. Our starting lineup works. Slipping Green in the Beasley role really shouldn't change much so in times where Beasley can't go (or isn't performing), I don't see much point in changing things up with a Pat Bev lineup or something, just slip in Green. Even with Beasley, depending on defensive matchups, Green as that fifth starter could give us even more of a punch than a Crowder/Pat C most nights until Middleton is back.

Also, we really gotta talk about some of these bench lineups. They don't work. As much as I love him, some of the Pat Bev bench mob minutes are straight up dunking us. The three man lineup of Giannis, Bobby and Bev is a staggering -21.1 net rating with a 125 DRTG. Bev alone is -13 and god bless his heart Gallinari is an abysmal -19.4 in only 90 minutes played. I think if Khris comes back he can take some duties away from Beverley in these situations which helps but I still think any lineup we have with Bobby at "center" just absolutely kills us defensively. Like Giannis/Brook lineups work, even Bobby/Brook lineups work (both around 111-2 DRTG) but the Giannis/Bobby lineups are just an insanely **** number of around 123 DRTG and I don't think it's really because we're replacing Damian Lillard and Malik Beasley.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
midranger
RealGM
And1: 10,172

Post#77 » by midranger » Sat Mar 16, 2024 1:48 am

jute2003 wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:
midranger wrote:Is this an implicit accusation the AJ Green is using the best roids available?

Green did get pretty jacked in the offseason.

No doubt. But he’s got nothing on that USC linebacker room. They had three guys go from 185lb string beans to 260lb monsters in a season. Roids were flowing.
Please reconsider your animal consumption.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,206

Post#78 » by ReasonablySober » Sat Mar 16, 2024 1:51 am

If you're taking anything away from this thread, it's that steroids are good and nothing bad will happen if you take them.
Frank Nova
Head Coach
And1: 2,594

Post#79 » by Frank Nova » Sat Mar 16, 2024 2:02 am

This thread needs to be locked imo. Nothing good came from this game other than a notch in the win column. And that’s only because Philly stinks without Embiid. Next.
RIP Kobe Forever. GOAT 8-24. Long Live Giannis
Perishable517
Analyst
And1: 1,950

Post#80 » by Perishable517 » Sat Mar 16, 2024 4:33 am

emunney wrote:Why is it that the league/refs can't figure out that a guy whipping his head back is always a flop, even if there's also a foul? There is no type of body contact that makes your head do that. It's a flop. Call the technical and get it out of the game. It's no **** wonder Kyle Lowry always has back spasms, shaking that bowling ball like a **** maraca.
Your Lowry comment is gold!

Sent from my CPH2417 using RealGM mobile app
" If you take away the alc l r g on Malcolm Brogdon is Mom Bod :("
- emunney

"I’d place the phone directly between my cheeks while I let one rip right in John Hammond’s ear."
- BroncoBuck

Return to Milwaukee Bucks