ImageImage

PG Sixers - Bucks Grind out Win

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 15,304

Re: PG Sixers - Bucks Grind out Win 

Post#81 » by RiotPunch » Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:28 am

ALL ABOARD! LAST CALL FOR THE DES MOINE DEROZAN TRAIN!!
SupremeHustle wrote:ON NOTICE.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
Shaffty
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,121

Post#82 » by Shaffty » Sat Mar 16, 2024 2:15 pm

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:i love greens coming along. like others its obvious and encouraging.

but comparatively on both sides of the ball grayson allen was a weapon if were going to talk about grayson allen vs aj green and its not even close

allens 3 pt chucking has dropped each of the last 4 years but using this years per 100 possessions.....if grayson chucked 6.1 more 3s at a .311 pace then he could be that gunner you all want him to be like aj green is right now.

uhhh....no thanks?
or.... if he did so what effing advantage is that?

and thats before we even get to the idea that grayson would have to give up his entire triple threat skillset of being able to also dribble penetrate and pass just to shoots more 3's?

biggest misinformation on this board is the grayson allen narrative as if he was some big problem for us. losing ddv and then allen with no viable replacement is no small part of the reason weve become what we are

grayson allen doesnt chose to shoot less 3s. Grayson allen cant shoot more 3s.

According to NBA.com/stats shot dashboard

Aj Green is 14-31 from 3 on shots deemed having a "close" defender.
Malik Beasley is 25-78
Dame Lillard is 40-133 ( oof)

Grayson Allen has taken 6 of these.

hes improved his attacking off the dribble of close outs but lets not pretend its because he wanted to shoot less 3s. Its by necessity.

And yes I think the 45% shooter from 3 should shoot more 3s. rather then poorly drive into traffic. Remember how the Heat series ended? With Grayson Allen unable to get a playoff level 3pt shot off ? Howd that driving into the paint go for us?
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,653

Post#83 » by JayMKE » Sat Mar 16, 2024 4:00 pm

Grayson actually said he thought his fit on Phoenix was better than here because the paint wasn't clogged like it is with Giannis & Brook, think that's always been his game more so than some pure catch & shoot flamethrower. Can't argue with the numbers, not sure why there is still consternation over the fact Grayson is a quality NBA roleplayer.
FREE GIANNIS
BigO
Analyst
And1: 3,211

Post#84 » by BigO » Sat Mar 16, 2024 4:35 pm

Grayson Allen's strengths are:

1) Excellent stand still shooter. He is helped in Phoenix by having three all star offensive players on the court with him. He was hurt in MiIwaukee by having few other shooters besides him.

2) He rarely takes a bad shot, which is a skill that few players have.

3) His defense has improved a lot since he came into the league. By his own admission, he was a horrible defender at Duke and was never asked to play defense.

AJ Green could be as good as Allen if given the chance. He was the man in college and so is more used to having the ball in his hands than Allen. Given that his defense is passable, I am always in favor of having more shooters on the court.

It's the new NBA and Boston long ago figure out the importance of shooters in the new era. It's why KM is so important to Dame's success and why the Bucks were so good offensively early in the season. And no, it wasn't because Griffin was an offensive mind.
yannisk
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,748

Post#85 » by yannisk » Sat Mar 16, 2024 6:54 pm

Allen has been amazing this year, 47.6% from 3 . I have not watched him this year, i don't remember him being a particularly good defender, still better than the perimeter defenders we have now.

I think Green can take more difficult 3s, he has a very high release point and he can shoot running over screens. He is on a rookie contract if he improves the rest of his game he can become a useful starter.
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 8,108

Post#86 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Sat Mar 16, 2024 11:30 pm

Shaffty wrote:
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:i love greens coming along. like others its obvious and encouraging.

but comparatively on both sides of the ball grayson allen was a weapon if were going to talk about grayson allen vs aj green and its not even close

allens 3 pt chucking has dropped each of the last 4 years but using this years per 100 possessions.....if grayson chucked 6.1 more 3s at a .311 pace then he could be that gunner you all want him to be like aj green is right now.

uhhh....no thanks?
or.... if he did so what effing advantage is that?

and thats before we even get to the idea that grayson would have to give up his entire triple threat skillset of being able to also dribble penetrate and pass just to shoots more 3's?

biggest misinformation on this board is the grayson allen narrative as if he was some big problem for us. losing ddv and then allen with no viable replacement is no small part of the reason weve become what we are

grayson allen doesnt chose to shoot less 3s. Grayson allen cant shoot more 3s.

According to NBA.com/stats shot dashboard

Aj Green is 14-31 from 3 on shots deemed having a "close" defender.
Malik Beasley is 25-78
Dame Lillard is 40-133 ( oof)

Grayson Allen has taken 6 of these.

hes improved his attacking off the dribble of close outs but lets not pretend its because he wanted to shoot less 3s. Its by necessity.

And yes I think the 45% shooter from 3 should shoot more 3s. rather then poorly drive into traffic. Remember how the Heat series ended? With Grayson Allen unable to get a playoff level 3pt shot off ? Howd that driving into the paint go for us?

you just compared a basketball player to shooters. did i miss your point??

or were you making my point again? i acknowledge grayson isnt a chucker. to me thats a good thing?

compare his defensive metrics, assists, rpm, per, vorp, bpm.... people literally define him strictly by how many 3 point shots hes capable of chucking when every other facet that compares him to the others defines him as a positive player and them as replacement level. were comparing an nba starter, with flaws... to guys with one definable reason theyre even in the league and its the rate they can chuck and make 3s.

were talking the difference of about 4 more shots per 100 possessions too btw. thats not much for roleplayers.

one of the biggest glaring problems this team has had FOR YEARS is the quick 3s they take. quite frankly awful shots early in the clock. i understand its part of the modern league and coach buds philosophy to hoist **** and play random and there are advantages to that but the crappy shot is still always going to be a crappy shot.

i, for one, always appreciated graysons ability, as a roleplayer, who rip a rotational pass or put it on the floor.....instead of trying to hoist a freaking shot HEAVILY CONTESTED once more every 25 possessions. like literally wtf is this even a discussion would be the point i would continue to make

Return to Milwaukee Bucks