PG: Bucks Burn Suns - DAME! BOBBY! WELCOME BACK KHRIS

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

RW23
Junior
And1: 211

Re: PG: Bucks Burn Suns - DAME! BOBBY! WELCOME BACK KHRIS 

Post#101 » by RW23 » Mon Mar 18, 2024 1:58 am

BigO wrote:
3) Bobby- stating several times. I have coaches who believe in me.

Came here to call this out.

Important to remember when we're killing guys like Bobby and Pat pre-deadline -- so much of this game is psychological, so long as your athleticism hasn't completely fallen off. Like, Bobby never completely lost the ability to shoot or be aggressive -- he just temporarily did, in a terrible situation.
Neuromancer56
Rookie
And1: 1,054

Post#102 » by Neuromancer56 » Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:08 am

RW23 wrote:
BigO wrote:
3) Bobby- stating several times. I have coaches who believe in me.

Came here to call this out.

Important to remember when we're killing guys like Bobby and Pat pre-deadline -- so much of this game is psychological, so long as your athleticism hasn't completely fallen off. Like, Bobby never completely lost the ability to shoot or be aggressive -- he just temporarily did, in a terrible situation.
When he said he was bringing it every day to prove wrong all the haters who wanted him traded, I was wondering if he was reading stuff from this group, or where he got that from. But I'm glad he is doing so well and proving them wrong. He is the heart of the team and a great fit with Pat Bev.
PG Graveyard
General Manager
And1: 4,609

Post#103 » by PG Graveyard » Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:22 am

My only gripe for this game is why would we wear the blue jerseys on St Patrick’s day?
-Jragon-
Head Coach
And1: 1,664

Post#104 » by -Jragon- » Mon Mar 18, 2024 3:06 am

blazza18 wrote:I think their chemistry is getting pretty good these days tbh. I think the concern still atm is how often Giannis is still getting in the way of Dame after he gives the ball up. You hope them and Doc know what's up and it continues to improve with more practice.

It's a little better but also a fair concern ... Dame needs to bring the ball up and GA needs to learn this booty lean screen.. watch this video from 23 seconds and on... Gortat had it down.. GA either leaves too early and it's a slip with no angle to pass to him or he stays too long and the defender can get his arm in the way.. Gortat just made his body felt at the right time and was already leaning the direction he wanted to go and he was dunking and little flick shots all day. Like why haven't they been working on this all year.. I think it's because GA started basketball late and JK thought he's a guard so he never learned basic PnR or Box outs and just used power... now he needs to learn this and he gets another ring... better hurry though

https://youtu.be/DN3uTbDmnTU?si=a1gPboOU30VwXjpZ
mcfromage
Veteran
And1: 840

Post#105 » by mcfromage » Mon Mar 18, 2024 3:07 am

Super fun game. I wanted to shout out PatBev who plays super in the flow and in control, forces nothing, makes the right pass, and his active hands led to some clutch steals.

Also this was my first game at Fiserv, incredibly, as I rarely make it back to MKE. Much more comfortable, aesthetic experience than the Staples/Crypto arena where I normally see games in LA. The smaller size / intimacy was so nice, and nice to see a day game with some daylight streaming in. Was hugely impressed with the space, sightlines and layout etc. As I've seen noted elsewhere, it was eerily quiet at times though which to me that feels as much a function of the design and soundproofing as a lack of enthusiasm in the crowd. Also at Crypto Arena the music is constant and annoyingly loud. Felt I was more locked into the game experience at Fiserv throughout, and I credit the quiet in part for that. Can't wait to return.
mcfromage
Veteran

Post#106 » by mcfromage » Mon Mar 18, 2024 3:08 am

PG Graveyard wrote:My only gripe for this game is why would we wear the blue jerseys on St Patrick’s day?

My only gripe was no Thanasty minutes when they were there for the taking with about 90 seconds left. TA was ready af too.
-Jragon-
Head Coach

Post#107 » by -Jragon- » Mon Mar 18, 2024 3:09 am

mcfromage wrote:Super fun game. I wanted to shout out PatBev who plays super in the flow and in control, forces nothing, makes the right pass, and his active hands led to some clutch steals.

Also this was my first game at Fiserv, incredibly, as I rarely make it back to MKE. Much more comfortable, aesthetic experience than the Staples/Crypto arena where I normally see games in LA. The smaller size / intimacy was so nice, and nice to see a day game with some daylight streaming in. Was hugely impressed with the space, sightlines and layout etc. As I've seen noted elsewhere, it was eerily quiet at times though which to me that feels as much a function of the design and soundproofing as a lack of enthusiasm in the crowd. Also at Crypto Arena the music is constant and annoyingly loud. Felt I was more locked into the game experience at Fiserv throughout, and I credit the quiet in part for that. Can't wait to return.

Bev had some missed 4 footers... he should do some pushups for those misses. But yeah he changed us for the better.. huge pick up
mcfromage
Veteran

Post#108 » by mcfromage » Mon Mar 18, 2024 3:11 am

Also shout out to whoever yelled "get another tampon" several sections away from where I was toward Booker when he got face poked and took a beat to recover. Huge laughs around me for that one.
MiltownMadness
Starter
And1: 993

Post#109 » by MiltownMadness » Mon Mar 18, 2024 3:34 am

AussieBuck wrote:Dame is better than Melo. This isn't slander we need

LMAO if you were creating a team and picked Westbrrok over Dame. Just screams doesnt know ball. Ya Westbrook was great but good god efficiency is a thing people. Terrible take
-Jragon-
Head Coach

Post#110 » by -Jragon- » Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:54 am

MiltownMadness wrote:

LMAO if you were creating a team and picked Westbrrok over Dame. Just screams doesnt know ball. Ya Westbrook was great but good god efficiency is a thing people. Terrible take

Ask George Karl what he thinks about Melo... dude lost everywhere for more a couple reasons.. Dame gets 1 ring with Giannis and with his career numbers, he's top 30
Dick Tate
Veteran
And1: 1,912

Post#111 » by Dick Tate » Mon Mar 18, 2024 5:04 am

rilamann wrote:Dame being a member of the 75th anniversary team is one of the greatest scams in NBA History. He better be giving a massive amount of his salary to his marketing team.

Says the guy who admits he never watched Blazers games. :crazy: :spam:
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 23,147

Post#112 » by Baddy Chuck » Mon Mar 18, 2024 5:40 am

-Jragon- wrote:
MiltownMadness wrote:

Ask George Karl what he thinks about Melo... dude lost everywhere for more a couple reasons.. Dame gets 1 ring with Giannis and with his career numbers, he's top 30

George Karl was a piece of **** who burnt bridges with every single one of his players from Payton, to Allen, to Melo, to Cousins, to KMart, Rondo, JR Smith and everyone in between. Everything was all about George Karl with him, all the way up until his teams failed, then he pointed finger's everywhere but himself.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
-Jragon-
Head Coach

Post#113 » by -Jragon- » Mon Mar 18, 2024 6:25 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:
-Jragon- wrote:
MiltownMadness wrote:LMAO if you were creating a team and picked Westbrrok over Dame. Just screams doesnt know ball. Ya Westbrook was great but good god efficiency is a thing people. Terrible take

George Karl was a piece of **** who burnt bridges with every single one of his players from Payton, to Allen, to Melo, to Cousins, to KMart, Rondo, JR Smith and everyone in between. Everything was all about George Karl with him, all the way up until his teams failed, then he pointed finger's everywhere but himself.

He was a really good coach. Got stuck with a lot of personalities and that's how it was (is still).. when he had teams that bought in, played D and played unselfishly -- he took them far.. he understood that the real leaders of the team were the best highest paid players on the team and that the pygmalion effect didn't start with him, it started with them. Guys like Skiles could get great results temporarily but would get run out of town because of being to tough and demanding while Karl would too but then would try to use the media to call laziness/selfishness out and suffered the same fate. That doesn't make him bad; he was using what he thought was his only leverage to create change in lazy, selfish players. It was a rough era.. you had to get lucky drafting, tank for picks and only a couple teams stayed good and competitive the whole time (Spurs
culture /Lakers big market and luck). If the players had more power than the coach then they would run sh$t and you'd be fighting for the 7th/8th seed every year and a 1st round exit every year as the star players make 10x the coach's salary.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 23,147

Post#114 » by Baddy Chuck » Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:26 am

-Jragon- wrote:He was a really good coach. Got stuck with a lot of personalities and that's how it was (is still).. when he had teams that bought in, played D and played unselfishly -- he took them far.. he understood that the real leaders of the team were the best highest paid players on the team and that the pygmalion effect didn't start with him, it started with them. Guys like Skiles could get great results temporarily but would get run out of town because of being to tough and demanding while Karl would too but then would try to use the media to call laziness/selfishness out and suffered the same fate. That doesn't make him bad; he was using what he thought was his only leverage to create change in lazy, selfish players. It was a rough era.. you had to get lucky drafting, tank for picks and only a couple teams stayed good and competitive the whole time (Spurs
culture /Lakers big market and luck). If the players had more power than the coach then they would run sh$t and you'd be fighting for the 7th/8th seed every year and a 1st round exit every year as the star players make 10x the coach's salary.

He can be a good coach and an absolutely dog **** person who had no idea how to work with basically anyone. Gary Payton has said he wanted to kick his ass and credits Karl's assistants for basically all his work with him, Ray Allen has said from day one George Karl never liked him and never gave him a reason why which led to his innevitable exit, Karl loves to boast about his success in Denver post Melo like his 57 win 2nd place team that literally didn't even get out of the first round and once again placed all blame on everyone but himself and called the ordeal of him being let go "stupid".

Dude is a grade A turd. Absolute loser. Maybe the guys he was with weren't the easiest to work with but he was a big reason why. Dude's a 72 year old man been through hell and back health wise and his favorite thing to do is sit on twitter and throw shade at his old players. Loser.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
Sigra
RealGM
And1: 1,256

Post#115 » by Sigra » Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:30 am

rilamann wrote:Dame and Melo shouldn't be on the 75th anniversary team, but I would take Dame over Melo.

Maybe they were pick #74 and pick #75 :D

Who would you pick instead of them?
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 15,278

Post#116 » by RiotPunch » Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:37 am

Didn't have George Karl debate on my bingo card for today.

Spineless, insecure chode.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
-Jragon-
Head Coach

Post#117 » by -Jragon- » Mon Mar 18, 2024 12:48 pm

Baddy Chuck wrote:
-Jragon- wrote:He was a really good coach. Got stuck with a lot of personalities and that's how it was (is still).. when he had teams that bought in, played D and played unselfishly -- he took them far.. he understood that the real leaders of the team were the best highest paid players on the team and that the pygmalion effect didn't start with him, it started with them. Guys like Skiles could get great results temporarily but would get run out of town because of being to tough and demanding while Karl would too but then would try to use the media to call laziness/selfishness out and suffered the same fate. That doesn't make him bad; he was using what he thought was his only leverage to create change in lazy, selfish players. It was a rough era.. you had to get lucky drafting, tank for picks and only a couple teams stayed good and competitive the whole time (Spurs

He can be a good coach and an absolutely dog **** person who had no idea how to work with basically anyone. Gary Payton has said he wanted to kick his ass and credits Karl's assistants for basically all his work with him, Ray Allen has said from day one George Karl never liked him and never gave him a reason why which led to his innevitable exit, Karl loves to boast about his success in Denver post Melo like his 57 win 2nd place team that literally didn't even get out of the first round and once again placed all blame on everyone but himself and called the ordeal of him being let go "stupid".

Dude is a grade A turd. Absolute loser. Maybe the guys he was with weren't the easiest to work with but he was a big reason why. Dude's a 72 year old man been through hell and back health wise and his favorite thing to do is sit on twitter and throw shade at his old players. Loser.

He is still holding back in my opinion and could say even more. 80s/90s players were a bunch of partiers that played basketball once in a while - remember The Last Dance.... Coaches that cared probably got jaded over time and stopped as their pot head (or worse) team showed up to practice late and smelling like booze, refusing to do cardio, maybe refusing to practice and wanted to be coddled--- remember A.I.? Jordan, Kobe and certain guys made hard work and practice cool and held teammates to a higher level. If you didn't have a leader like that --- good luck. That's what he is still b***ching about. He probably felt like he was just as smart and zen as Phil Jackson and is salty that he didn't have one of those kind of dudes that would hold his teammates accountable. Allen was amazing on Offense but he wasn't assertive as a leader and didn't really hustle on D so him and Karl clashing isn't surprising.. he wanted that Kobe/Jordan effect from Allen/Big Dog. Party players hated Jordan and Kobe as teammates too and wanted to kick their a$$; are they dogsh*t people, too? Idk.. it was kind of a thug league at that point; remember the Pacers/fans fight? Weird time in league history.
-Jragon-
Head Coach

Post#118 » by -Jragon- » Mon Mar 18, 2024 1:06 pm

Players are a fraternity and I'm sure would love to erase how they behaved and just point attention to their individual numbers and call their coaches haters but, in general, it was pretty thuggish. They were acting like they didn't need a coach and practice is for rookies. A team with no superstars that bought into teamwork and hustle like the Billups Pistons could wipe the floor with some party team with 2 superstars that hated coaching and practice. It might be just as bad now, who knows, we're lucky to have a guy cut from that Jordan/Kobe cloth that puts in the work -- Giannis.
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach
And1: 4,767

Post#119 » by ShootingtheJ » Mon Mar 18, 2024 1:22 pm

Just 18 minutes for Lopez yesterday. Doc is actually going to be willing to do what Bud wasn't, and bench Lopez in the playoffs when the match up dictates it.
jimmybones
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,770

Post#120 » by jimmybones » Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:12 pm

Can't wait to see these 3 man actions - Giannis, Dame, Khris - that we haven't even been able to implement yet. All the focus has been on Dame-Giannis pnr but Khris as a spacer or initiator opens up the options, I love it.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks