PG Celtics - Comeback Falls Short

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

msiris
RealGM
And1: 1,726

Re: PG Celtics - Comeback Falls Short 

Post#41 » by msiris » Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:22 am

ShootingtheJ wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:Too much angst about pulling Dame for Bev for a defensive possession.

Should have been for Beas.
Him too.
Ride the tank
WiscoKing13
RealGM
And1: 1,274

Post#42 » by WiscoKing13 » Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:22 am

So is Crowder hurt? Would have thought he would be inline for major minutes without Giannis. Yet Gallo somehow gets 19 minutes and Crowder gets 15.

Sent from my SM-G991U using RealGM mobile app
DanoMac wrote:
bullox wrote:That phone number was an asset to you. You had a direct line to the gm. You've squandered it.

I squandered an asset? Then Hammond taught me well.
Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 41,864

Post#43 » by Prez » Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:22 am

Quality game, can't complain really. Yeah there were some questionable decisions there but in the end..Dame showed up, Khris showed up, Bobby bounced back in the 2nd half, good fight in a tough game on the road without the GOAT.

It's funny, my post from a couple weeks back where I said we can beat those dudes if our guys are all healthy got quoted and mocked on the Celtics board, but that team gave me absolutely nothing at all tonight to feel otherwise lol. Like you'd think that team was the '17 Warriors with peak Steph/KD/Dray/Klay with the arrogance they had about the mere suggestion that our full strength team could hang with them in a series.
BroncoBuck
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,662

Post#44 » by BroncoBuck » Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:23 am

msiris wrote:
blazza18 wrote:Pleasantly surprised by our shot making. Despite the loss it was important that we showed we can do that in Boston. Defensively we need to figure out how to take away their ability to make threes on us. And we gotta hustle more. No half-assing against that team.
They have the best 3 pt team in the NBA. Got to make it harder for them. Tonight they got plenty of good looks from 3.

They are always going to get good looks from 3 if Brook is on the floor. Bud got killed for letting Grant Williams and Horford be the guys to shoot them, but those were the worst shooters they had out there the last few years. When they go 5 out, Brook can’t drop. The downside is you pull him out of the drop and you have a great big statue on the perimeter (shout out Griff for thinking that would work).
Plossum
General Manager
And1: 4,907

Post#45 » by Plossum » Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:26 am

Our friends at the ECB would call that a moral victory.
#LockUpChuck
Plossum
General Manager
And1: 4,907

Post#46 » by Plossum » Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:27 am

Funny how for all the talk about the refs letting guys play, they call that soft ass foul on Beas with 20secs to go.
#LockUpChuck
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,512

Post#47 » by MickeyDavis » Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:30 am

Karsenmitsche wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:Too much angst about pulling Dame for Bev for a defensive possession.

it’s not a video game, completely disrupts the rhythm of the game. dame was clearly very upset and it sends a message from your coach that he doesn’t believe in you defensively.

The message is "play some defense and you won't be pulled"
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
-Jragon-
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,529

Post#48 » by -Jragon- » Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:32 am

More Gallo.. not less.. get him in the flow because we might need minutes from a 4th big against .. any injury.. AJG should get Beas minutes or Pat c when he's broke
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,512

Post#49 » by MickeyDavis » Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:32 am

WiscoKing13 wrote:So is Crowder hurt? Would have thought he would be inline for major minutes without Giannis. Yet Gallo somehow gets 19 minutes and Crowder gets 15.

Agreed. I thought Crowder was pretty good today. Not great but better than the corpse of Gallo.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
RubberSoul
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,824

Post#50 » by RubberSoul » Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:33 am

Plossum wrote:Funny how for all the talk about the refs letting guys play, they call that soft ass foul on Beas with 20secs to go.

Even the foul on PC against Tatum after we cut it to 3 with two minutes left was soft. I thought this was the new physical NBA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
msiris
RealGM

Post#51 » by msiris » Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:33 am

Green could easily replace Beas since he is a better defender.
Ride the tank
yb90
Senior
And1: 219

Post#52 » by yb90 » Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:33 am

I didn't like Beverley's defense tonight. He was awful at times trying to over help and got out of position alot.

It's early for Khris but so far so great. He is dribbling with purpose and has looked smooth
skbucks1985
RealGM
And1: 1,903

Post#53 » by skbucks1985 » Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:37 am

MickeyDavis wrote:
WiscoKing13 wrote:So is Crowder hurt? Would have thought he would be inline for major minutes without Giannis. Yet Gallo somehow gets 19 minutes and Crowder gets 15.

Agreed. I thought Crowder was pretty good today. Not great but better than the corpse of Gallo.

I wonder if they gave Crowder a lighter load tonight because he's going to play more tomorrow when I'm assuming Midds gets the night off.
Karsenmitsche
Junior
And1: 258

Post#54 » by Karsenmitsche » Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:38 am

MickeyDavis wrote:
Karsenmitsche wrote:

it’s not a video game, completely disrupts the rhythm of the game. dame was clearly very upset and it sends a message from your coach that he doesn’t believe in you defensively.

The message is "play some defense and you won't be pulled"

you don’t send messages to superstars with 30 seconds left in a one point game.
"Ill never leave the city of Milwaukee till we build the team to a championship level"-Giannis
MiltownMadness
Starter
And1: 882

Post#55 » by MiltownMadness » Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:40 am

skbucks1985 wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:

I wonder if they gave Crowder a lighter load tonight because he's going to play more tomorrow when I'm assuming Midds gets the night off.

I was scratching my head why Crowder wasn't getting minutes when he might be our best matchup for JB and JT, also looked good in the 1st quarter. Think you're right.
msiris
RealGM

Post#56 » by msiris » Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:41 am

BroncoBuck wrote:
msiris wrote:
blazza18 wrote:Pleasantly surprised by our shot making. Despite the loss it was important that we showed we can do that in Boston. Defensively we need to figure out how to take away their ability to make threes on us. And we gotta hustle more. No half-assing against that team.
They have the best 3 pt team in the NBA. Got to make it harder for them. Tonight they got plenty of good looks from 3.

They are always going to get good looks from 3 if Brook is on the floor. Bud got killed for letting Grant Williams and Horford be the guys to shoot them, but those were the worst shooters they had out there the last few years. When they go 5 out, Brook can’t drop. The downside is you pull him out of the drop and you have a great big statue on the perimeter (shout out Griff for thinking that would work).
The problem i have is that the off ball defenders are always in no mans land. Completely useless watching the game while the 3pt shooters stand there waiting for the ball. Try playing that passing lane or just body that guy.
Ride the tank
drdrG
Rookie
And1: 813

Post#57 » by drdrG » Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:41 am

Props to Portis for a bounce back second half. Props to Middleton and Dame playing playoff level offense for the second half.

Brook is toast against them. Let him play against Kornet. They would rather shoot 3s than get to the rim.

Doc isn't stupid. He has to see that AJ Green should be playing more.
soxperry
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,957

Post#58 » by soxperry » Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:43 am

LatentFrog wrote:
soxperry wrote:So....

Why did Dame drive for a layup down 3 with like 10 seconds on the clock? Between that and the blocked mid range against the Lakers, is there any reason at all to not have him just hoist 3s?

Either way, encouraged. Giannis will guard Tatum in those late game situations and it wont be an easy two every time. I think we will beat them in 7 health permitting.

We were down 4.

Even more stupid to go for that layup then.
ejn1214
Pro Prospect
And1: 682

Post#59 » by ejn1214 » Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:44 am

Gallonari was completely cooked years ago. In 2021, we clearly targeted him everytime he was in the game. I'm not sure there is a player that has slower lateral movement in the NBA.
old skool
General Manager
And1: 3,499

Post#60 » by old skool » Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:47 am

Prez wrote:
It's funny, my post from a couple weeks back where I said we can beat those dudes if our guys are all healthy got quoted and mocked on the Celtics board, but that team gave me absolutely nothing at all tonight to feel otherwise lol. Like you'd think that team was the '17 Warriors with peak Steph/KD/Dray/Klay with the arrogance they had about the mere suggestion that our full strength team could hang with them in a series.

Celtics expectations are sky high. If they face a playoff situation where their season is at risk before the Finals, the pressure will be intense. They are a great team and should be heavily favored to come out of the East, but a playoff loss in game 1 or 2 against a hot shooting team would plant some serious doubts in their minds and make that hoop look very small.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks